Print>Properties>Layout>Pages per sheet: this function/property .

In Excel, when I select multiple pages per sheet and the multiple pages are
different sheets, then sometimes my hardcopies do have multiple shrunken
sheets printed to one page.  Othertimes excel and my printer seem to ignore
my "multiple pages to one page" request.  Why?
0
Turck (2)

I've been having the same problem.  If you activate multiple sheets, then
tell it to print multiple pages per sheet, Excel only prints the first page
in the multiple sheet format (i.e., one small page in the upper left of the
page.)  The rest of the pages come out full size on separate sheets.

Does anyone know how to remedy this.  It's been driving me crazy
0
Printer (4)
5/28/2005 7:56:01 AM
Since my earlier message I have found that if each active worksheet has been
separately set up to print in multiple page format (through
Print>Properties...>Pages Per Sheet) then the active worksheets will print
the multiple pages per sheet.  Though I have found this has not worked 100%
of the time.  Bye.

"Printer" wrote:

> I've been having the same problem.  If you activate multiple sheets, then
> tell it to print multiple pages per sheet, Excel only prints the first page
> in the multiple sheet format (i.e., one small page in the upper left of the
> page.)  The rest of the pages come out full size on separate sheets.
>
> Does anyone know how to remedy this.  It's been driving me crazy
0
Turck (2)

Export or Print multiple reports from one Access Report by Group
I have a sales report that is grouped by Salesperson. Each salesperson has multiple pages of the report and I need to either print it or export it to PDF as individual reports for each salesperson. Is there a way to export/print the report into seperate reports for each Salesperson? Thanks. I am pretty new to Access, but I have figured out how to get the report in the structure I want it. I just can't get the information out of the program in the format. I can print as one PDF document and then go and cut that up in Adobe, but I wanted to see if Access could do it for me and save ...

How do I print the picture properties in Picture Manager?
Is it possible to print the photo with the picture properties? No. Picture Manager just uses the Windows Photo Printing Wizard. You would need some third party image software to do that. MarineMom wrote: > Is it possible to print the photo with the picture properties? ...

Dialog member function protection
Hello When you subclass CDialog into CMyDialog and know that you won't subclass CMyDialog anymore. Where do you put subsequent utility or misc member functions? In private, protected or public? Is it a matter of style or there is a reason for taking a specific choice? (Knowing that your dialog is not intended to be overwritten). -- Elias They should only be public if you want to allow other parts of your application to access them. A good OOP design should leave as little public members as possible. In general, it's a good idea to leave most hidden members protected. There is ...

XML TreeNode.Parent property when using 2.0 TreeView?
How do I get a TreeNode.Parent property when using the 2.0 TreeView control? When the data source is an XML file there may be redundant names in the tree. For example, when a child node with the value of 'name' is selected I don't have a clue how to get the name of its parent which may be 'person' or 'school.' <%= Clinton Gallagher "clintonG" <csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com> wrote in message news:%23erL6WOXFHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How do I get a TreeNode.Parent property when using the 2.0 TreeView > control? &...

Separating data into new sheet
Hi guys, I have the following data on worksheet "Sheet1" Code Value A 1000 B 200 A 100 C 150 B 300 B 200 C 400 I have worksheet "Sheet2" that I want user to input what CODE they want to IMPORT... Let say A then on "Sheet2" i would get: Code Value A 1000 A 100 It is a combination of sorting, copying and moving the wanted data to the targeted sheet. Is there an excel feature/solution that does this? or a VB code is needed? Thanks in advance ...

How to change page number font/color
I have inserted page numbers into a 30-page document using the Insert command. How may I change the font size and color of the numbers. Ideally I'd like to create a number with a line above it. cuig wrote: > I have inserted page numbers into a 30-page document using the Insert > command. How may I change the font size and color of the numbers. Ideally > I'd like to create a number with a line above it. You can change the format of your page numbers just like the format of any other text. Ctrl+M to get to your master page, select the number, then change the font...

What Excel macro puts data in the NEXT row of a sheet?
I have a list of data in col B of sheet 2 which I need to copy and transpose into sheet 1, then delete the data in sheet 2 to use the form again to copy and transpose onto the next line in sheet 1. I have tried with a macro shortcut I've called ctrl + e. (I am really using the data form process but cannot because I have too many inputs). Is there a simple macro I can copy and paste? ...

Query related to Help button in Property sheets?
Hi In my application for showing a wizard, i m using Property Sheets(tab dialog boxes derived from CPropertyPage). I have 4 buttons on my wizard: Back, Next, Cancel & Help. My problem is that how do i implement the <Help> button. I have to open a .chm file as soon as the user clicks the <Help> button. But where do i write the code as there is no handler function in the class wizard for Help button. Handler functions for Back,Next & Finish is there? How do i implement the Help button? Waiting for suggestions Regards ...

Expected Function or Variable
I recorded a macro in Word 2003 that searches for a word and then applies a character style to that word and to the following word. Then I found the answer on these boards how to loop through the rest of the document. But when I run the macro I get the "expected Function or Variable" error. Could somebody please assist? Thanks in advance. --Sandi Sub SectionStyle() ' ' SectionStyle Macro ' Searches for the word Section and applies the Section character Style to that word and the following word ' With Selection.Find.ClearFormatting Sel...

Null Return on Count Function
I have the following Query: SELECT IIf(Count(*) Is Null,0,Count(*)) AS [No longer in Facility] FROM Residents GROUP BY Residents.[Last Status Date] HAVING (((Residents.[Last Status Date]) Between [Forms]![Open_PIP Report]![DateStart] And [Forms]![Open_PIP Report]![DateEnd])); The query is still returning a null value. Many of the other queries in my project require this to be at least a zero value to calculate properly. I have tried using the NZ function also. Perhaps I am using it incorrectly....any ideas? Hi - I don't quite understand your question. First, Count(*) never retu...

Font property in Excel VBA causes 100 % CPU loop
I am using Excel 2002 SP-2 on a Windows XP machine running a Pentium 4 2.8 GHz processor with 1 Gb RAM. When building a VBA userform, whenever I click on the properties box to change the font size for e.g. a label or textbox caption, Excel starts another process (i.e. I see another Excel process on the Windows task bar) and consumes close to 100 % of my CPU. The first couple of times I tried this, Excel eventually brought up the font properties window (after more than a minute). The third time I tried this, I had to crash Excel via Windows Task Manager. At the time of trying to change the ...

Excel Sheets
Is the number of sheets one is able to add to an Excel 2003 document limited? User wants to create a document with upwards of 400 sheets. Each sheet would have about 10 rows, each row would have at least 1 calculation. Is this feasible under Excel 2003? TIA DDS Hi Danny: The maximum number of sheets in a workbook is limited by available memory. By default the number of sheets in a new workbook is 3 but this may be altered by using: Tools > Options > General Change to a maximum of 255 However, there is nothing to stop you adding more sheets. Generally, you'll find things ge...

Quick Part page layouts
I am trying to set up a template in Word 2007, with protected styles, that has Quick Part items that insert a custom layout (margins, header, footer, page nos. etc) in either landscape or portrait orientation. One QP would insert a section with portrait layout (with a different first page). The second QP would insert a new page section in landscape (with different margins etc.) The final QP would insert a new page section in portrait (with the same margins etc., as the first section). The second and third QP would not have a different first page. I have tried ...

Publisher 98 Web Page Building
I am in Year 9 at school, and my class were set the task of making a single Web page about quite a famous author and playwright called R. C. Sherriff (he wrote Journey's End - a play about trench life in World War One - which was a West End hit). The computers in our I.T. Department currently run Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 with various service packs and updates. The system setup is quite common to the West Midlands schools, specifically those in the Telford & Wrekin area of the UK. Anyway, each computer has a preloaded version of Office 97 and Publisher 98. I am quite experienced with ...

Print Out of Activity Schedule
My customer uses the Activity Schedule to plan resources. Their manual system consisted of a sheet with each day of the week across the top and the resource down the left hand side. I showed them how to populate the MS CRM activiy schedule with the resources listed on the left and the dates across the top which is great BUT : They asked how to print it out - and it appears you can't do this!!! Surely I do not have to write a custom report just to print out a weekly schedule which is just a replication of what is on screen. Pasting the screen to the clip board with Alt-PrtScrn is ...

Macro to save on title sheet
hi again! How would I create a macro That save workbook at title sheet with cursor hidden behind the logo. Thank you in anticipation. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ How about using a macro on open that will take you to the sheet and a cell behine the logo, some thing like this Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets("title sheet").Select Range("F2").Select End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! ...

Flawed scatter plot function
I always use scatter plots to visualize my data and after I upgraded to Excel 2007, something weird started to happen. What I do to is to Insert --> Scatter --> "Scatter with only markers", then I get a blank chart. Now I select the chart and type in "Series(, x range, y rang, 1)" and hit enter, now it gives me a chart with both markers and lines, so I have to go back to Insert --> scatter --> "Scatter with only markers" again and get rid of the connecting line. I'd love to hear suggestions on how to fix this, this is really annoying. I don...

"news" and "fyi" links on the "Track My Portfolio" page
no longer work in my Money 2000. When I click them, I get "MSN Money-Page Not Found" and "The page you requested could not be found." But there is a workable link to the MSN Money Home Page, which is useless because it doesn't show the specific info that the "fyi" and 'news" links used to show...for the last SEVEN years :-) This used to be a nice, seamless feature. What happened all of the sudden? Any help appreciated. Thanks all. I'm guessing that Microsoft is sending a message about the seven year ride you've had on M2k. "to...

using the sum function in excel 2003
When I sum the cells horozontally in a spreadsheet, the total becomes a hyperlink - turns blue, launches my e-mail and has the blue underline. I've tried reformatting the cells as accounting number - but it doesn't change it. Try Edit, Clear, All Bob Flanagan Macro Systems http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel "ehfcpa" <ehfcpa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9800E913-0574-4B73-82A9-A00A7BA91DF2@microsoft.com... > When I sum the cells horozontally in a spreadsheet, the total becomes a > hy...

Page orientation
How can I set the page orientation just to a specific page so it will not effect all the other pages? ...

Publisher 2002 page numbers
I use publisher to create parish newsletter of 12-16 pages each month. We use 8.5 X 14 inch paper landscape mode folded in half to make a booklet. My question is this: How do I get page numbering to begin with the number 1 but starting on the second page of the booklet? The first page of the booklet is the cover and I don't know too many people who number the cover. Word processors can do this...can Publisher? Thanks for any help? >-----Original Message----- >I use publisher to create parish newsletter of 12-16 pages each month. We use >8.5 X 14 inch paper landscape mode ...

Blank pages
My office is running Outlook 2000, but one of my colleague still has outlook 98. Each time she sent an email out with information typed the recepient will receive blank pages with no information. Likewise, she receive the same blank when ever someone sent her messages.I know that the easy way out is to upgrade her to 2000, but i am just curiuos to know the answer to this problem. Anyone has any idea what to do? ...

Problems posting Ecel sheet
I had an excel sheet I was trying to post here, I can not seem to get it to post. (I can get a text file attachment vrigin or compressed to post, but not the excel spread sheet...virgin or compressed) Any suggestions? Hi PLEASE don't attach files to this newsgroup. Most people won't even open it. Try to explain your question in PLAIN text -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Peter Long" <home@yourhouse.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:tuf2o0la5r1vrie435g8bifmhi98m78aqs@4ax.com... > I had an excel sheet I was trying to post here, I can not seem to get >...

How to fill in "BLANK" Cells Automactically...Large Spread Sheet
Hey all, I found that you can auto fill blank cells by going to EDIT/GOTO/SPECIAL, etc... but when I do this Excel reports the range is to large, I have 39,000 Rows and approximately 37 Columns and I need a way to have all the "BLANK" cells datafilled with the word NULL. Is there a way or is Excel limited to a specific spreadsheet size? ....Mike Enter this macro: Sub Macro1() Dim r As Range For Each r In Selection If IsEmpty(r) Then r.Value = "NULL" End If Next End Sub Select the cells you want to change and run the macro. -- Gary's Student "msbutton2...

Conversion of word to PDF with portrait and landscape pages
Processor: Intel Hi, I have a word document that has portrait and landscape pages. When I convert it to PDF, the portrait and landscape pages are generated as two different PDF files. Is there any work around for this? Thanks! AFAIK there is no option other than to assemble the final PDF from the separate parts using Preview 3.0 or later, Acrobat, or one of the other PDF utilities that enable combining PDFs. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/22/10 4:44 AM, in article 59bb16c7.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Vivek_Raja@officeformac.com" <Vivek_Raja@o...