Print Preview - Vanished

I have posted an excel spreadsheet that colleagues access
through Internet Explorer. When the spreadsheet is
accessed the print preview command is no longer on the
menu, BUT print preview is available in Excel and Internet
Explorer normally.

I have right clicked the toolbar and the option is just
not available.

Help!!

Stewart Walker
MOS Excel Expert (not that good though!)

0
anonymous (74722)

Do you mean that you right clicked the toolbar, chose Customize and then
under command tab chose categories, file and the icon was missing from
the command list?

---

Printing a document having pictues without the pictures
I have a Word 2000 document consisting of a mixture of text and pictures. The pictures are inserted by means of a link to the picture files. Is it possible to print the document without the pictures (either with or without some text representing the link)? -- Stephen White (whitesr@srgw.demon.co.uk) If you go into Print Options, clear the checkbox for 'Include Drawing Objects' or something similar (I cannot remember as far back as Word 2000). -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Stephen White" <whitesr@srgw.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:...

Printing problem #8
I frequently print multiple copies of single page Publisher 2000 documents. Some of these files, though limited to a single page, are extremely large including multiple pictures inter-mixed with several blocks of text. Never the less printing usually goes very smoothly one copy printing after another with no pauses. In the case of some Publisher files, however, somewhere during the printing of the second copy the printer pauses for a full 10 seconds then resumes printing, but then identical pauses occur during the printing of each subsequent copy at exactly the same place and for the s...

Photo inserted via MailMerge prints full height but not print full width.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I make photo notecard using MailMerge to keep image, caption, etc. together. Suddenly Word prints all text correctly but shrinks the photo's aspect ratio and left-justifies the image. It's particularly puzzling because print preview shows the image at full width. How is this possible? An embedded image will resize to fit the space it is inserted into. What are you inserting the picture into? A Table? A Text Box? A Frame? Cheers On 20/04/10 8:13 AM, in article 59bb724d.-1@webcrossing.JaKIa...

Print multiple items
How can you print multiple items without opening each one and print. Rick wrote: > How can you print multiple items without opening each one and print. Hold down the control key while clicking to select multiple items, just like in Explorer, and then File - Print? -- f.h. Rick, Please enlighten me. Why do so many folks want to print electronic mail? "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17BF6FD0-1EA8-4CBE-A54D-4F67C5A957F2@microsoft.com... > How can you print multiple items without opening each one and print. ...

Grid lines not printing #2
Got a weird one here--One of my users is trying to print an Excel spreadsheet and the grid lines are not printing as they should. They print properly from other machines for the same document. I cannot find any settings in options to correct the problem. Any ideas? Have you tried: File - Page Set up - Sheet - Gridlines From the menu bar. Good luck Mike >-----Original Message----- >Got a weird one here--One of my users is trying to print >an Excel spreadsheet and the grid lines are not printing >as they should. They print properly from other machines >for the sam...

Novice needing help printing sepia color photo
Hi - I need some help printing a photo that was taken in color then, using Picture It publishing 2001 I changed the color to a sepia tone. When I print to my Epson C60 it is lime green! I've found lots of very technical info on color management and am guessing I need to do something to adjust this, but cannot figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks ejb 1. This newsgroup is for Publisher, not Home Publishing. They have their own newsgroup. 2. I suggest you replace the color cartridge in your printer. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ejb&quo...

publisher 2002: fonts print as squares
I have tried the suggestion of reinstalling adobe type manager, removing some font files as microsoft website suggests and still no luck. any suggestions? Hi PAUL (paulipclasalle@aol.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have tried the suggestion of reinstalling adobe type || manager, removing some font files as microsoft website || suggests and still no luck. any suggestions? Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about printer drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you are encountering. If you have not already done so, you wou...

Blank page prints in between mail merged document
I have a word template and an access database file used to create mass mailings. When completing the mail merge, I edit the mail merge recipients and merge to new document. The first page has my letter with a Section Break (next page) at the bottom, the second page has my letter with a Section Break (next page) at the bottom etc. When I print the document a blank page comes out between my letters. In the template there is not a section break at the end of the page. How can I stop the blank pages in between each of my letters? Also, is it possible to then use the same e...

Can't print and the chart is missing in a new sheet
Here's my problem: I bought my laptop which came with Vista Home and with Office 2007 60 days-trial version. I installed Acrobat Pro and updated to the version 8.0. The Acrobat buttons in the Office applications never worked, so I created my PDFs printing with the "Acrobat PDF Converter" printer. Everything worked fine until November when the Office trial period expired. I started working with OpenOffice without problems (by the way, the Acrobat buttons in OpenOffice did work). Three months later I get sick of OpenOffice and I bought the Office 2007 license. I entered the...

why is colour in shapes or background not visible until print pre.
When creating a shape or adding a background to a document in publisher 2003, the colour or background is not visible until you go to print preview. This happens on a friends PC but I can't reproduce it. He was told to upgrade the ram on his graphics card which he did, but that made no difference. He can put photographs and coloured text or clipart and view it - just not colour in shapes or backgrounds. Other applications do not have this problem. Upgrading the RAM isn't going to help if the driver is outdated. Have your friend slide the acceleration down on his adapter, control ...

Outlook 2007
When I print an email that has tracking information tagged to it the email prints the tracking on a seperate page. Is there any way to print all the information on one page. Wrong forum! Please check with the Office forum http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general&lang=en&cr=US Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "MWeiss141" wrote: > When I print an email that has tracking information tagged to it the email > prints the tracki...

Cannot Omit or Change Name When Printing in Memo Style- Office 2003
Cannot Omit or Change Name When Printing in Memo Style by outlook 2003. Any help is appreciated. Leila Hello Leila, mmh, which name? Your name on the top? You could change it in the Account Options under Username. >-----Original Message----- >Cannot Omit or Change Name When Printing in Memo Style by >outlook 2003. Any help is appreciated. >Leila > >. > No, printing is pretty limited... You could hit forward or reply and print, then close the message. Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Vis...

How can I print an 11x17 page on a single 8 1/2 x 11 page?
I am using an 11x17 format and printing my pages at a Kinko's on 11/17 paper. What I need is to be able to see what it looks like on a smaller sheet which my printer can handle. Hopefully, there's some method I can use to reduce the 11/17 image to 81/2x11. John W. <John W.@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am using an 11x17 format and printing my pages at a Kinko's on > 11/17 paper. What I need is to be able to see what it looks like on a > smaller sheet which my printer can handle. Hopefully, there's some > method I can...

Comercial Printing Program
The printing company that I use has not gotten thier copy of Publisher 2003 to print my literature. THe got a program from Microsoft for free that they used for Publisher 2002. Are they able to get this same program for 2003? If so can you direct them to a link to get the Publisher 2003 program for comercial printers. Hi JAson (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || The printing company that I use has not gotten thier copy of || Publisher 2003 to print my literature. THe got a program from || Microsoft for free that they used for Publisher 2002....

Empty Print(preview)
I have made a macro that reorganizes a big table into a series of small tables. Based on these 20-30 tables I then make graphs, which are moved into a seperate sheet which I then use as a basis for my report, adding comments etc. If I print this sheet where I moved the graph I print all the normal text with the rigth format and all. But all graphs, textboxes and pictures are not printed. Also the preview shows no graphs etc. Just empty pages with only the text I added. If I copy a few of the graphs by hand to a new worksheet I can print them. If I select only a single graph I can pr...

snapshot viewer print protection error
When the user save or open a snapshot viewer file, it open ok. But when she wants to print, this message appears : C:\Program files\Snapshot Viewer\snapsh.....exe Address of the fonction 0x02... made a protection error. one or more page... The user is not Admin of her station. Is the program corrupt ??? ...

Detail record prints on top of group header subreport
Hello, I have a report with a subreport in the group header. Both the detail and subreport have two columns (width 3"). Column layout across, then down. The first record of the detail section prints in the header section on the right side, on top of the second record of the subreport. Thanks in advance for your help. Ellen ...

printing the saved date/time
is the a field code or something to print the save date in a footer i.e there is a field code for the current date in excel &[date], but i would like it to be the last date it was saved thanks in advance!!! You need VBA to do this If you copy this in the ThisWorkbook module it will print the Last Save Time in the RightFooter of every sheet you print Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets wkSht.PageSetup.RightFooter = "&8Last Saved : " & _ ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDoc...

Print Problem #3
Hi, I have a sheet within my workbook which imports data from Access i table and pivot formats. I want to have a print button on the pag which prints my page on 1 sheet, but am never sure of how much data ma be dropped in from Access, so i need a bit of code i think which wil only print down and across as far as the data goes on one sheet (so th exact opposite of selecting the print area then printing!). Can anyone hel -- jj ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jjj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=742 View thi...

Catalog Merge Prints Across Rather than Down
My 3 column alphabetical catalog merge prints results ACROSS rather than DOWN - Help! ...

Print preview magnifier
Word 2007 question... When I click on print preview, the magnifier tool is checked. Is there a way to change the default so the magnifier is unchecked? Thanks. The default cannot be changed via option settings. However, you could use a macro to invoke print preview, and have the macro toggle the magnifier off: Sub PrintPreviewNoMag() ActiveDocument.PrintPreview ' ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Zoom.Percentage = 75 WordBasic.Magnifier End Sub Note that the commented-out line (') optionally could set the zoom percentage to 75% (or some other size) if...

Weird printing behaviour
Hello all, I've got a bit of a quirk that I was wondering if anyone knew a fix for. I have a duplex unit on my printer which I have set the print driver to use by default. If I have a document or email open in Word/ Entourage and choose File>Print, the document will print duplexed without problem. If however, I choose the print icon on the tool bar, it prints single sided, ignoring the current printer settings. Any thoughts? Thanks, Neil File>Print and the toolbar button are different commands. The toolbar button does a "Print (Default)" which uses all the defaults...

Printing/CreateDC
Hi All, I have been using this printing routine all over my application, which had been working great until I conveted my application to UNICODE (and also started compiling it in VS2003.NET) Now, it just stopped working, the CreateDC returns 0 and it I can't print. Below is the code: { : : : LPDEVNAMES m_pDevNames = (LPDEVNAMES)::GlobalLock(((CKalaApp*)AfxGetApp())->GetDevNames()); LPDEVMODE m_pDevMode = (LPDEVMODE)::GlobalLock(((CKalaApp*)AfxGetApp())->GetDevMode()); CDC *print = new CDC; if(! print->CreateDC((GetVersion()<0x80000000)?_T("WINSPOOL"):NULL, ...

How do I Preview Print documents in colorin Windows Professional 2
I have never seen this before; when I go to the Print Preview, the documents all come out in grays/ blacks and whites. I assume you are using Pub 2007 and that you probably have an HP printer. It's a known bug. What you can do is to select another printer (even something like PrimoPDF) as your default printer then preview your file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Confused101" <Confused101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33555270-5EF6-4F8E-B801-388EAA184A69@microsoft.com....

HTML attachment preview in Outlook 2000
Hi, Using Outlook 2000, I used to be able to view HTML attachments in the preview pane. Now I have to open the attachment in a separate browser window which is a real pain. I can't figure out how to change the view back to the original setting. Any ideas anyone? At around the time that this happened I know I installed the latest service pack, so does anyone know if this is a security feature in the pack to prevent virus problems? Thank you! ...