Print Preview in Excel

We have office 2000 for small business.  we have a peer to
peer on 3 systems all sharing one printer.  However, the
computer with windows xp and office 2000 for small
business won't print preview when the network printer, on
the other system is off.  I've updated office for small
business and it still doesn't work.  If anyone can assit
me with this, it would be most helpful. I am at wits end
over this.  The other computer with the hp laserjet III is
working on windows 98 with office 2000 as well, with not
problems.  It just seems to be this new computer that has
the issue.
0
ahlee67 (2)

Will that PC give you a print preview in other programs (non-Office) under
the same circumstances?  This is probably more of an operating
system/networking question that an Excel question.
Richard

"Googie" <ahlee67@hotmail.com> wrote in message
We have office 2000 for small business.  we have a peer to
peer on 3 systems all sharing one printer.  However, the
computer with windows xp and office 2000 for small
business won't print preview when the network printer, on
the other system is off.  I've updated office for small
business and it still doesn't work.  If anyone can assit
me with this, it would be most helpful. I am at wits end
over this.  The other computer with the hp laserjet III is
working on windows 98 with office 2000 as well, with not
problems.  It just seems to be this new computer that has
the issue.

0
rchoatecpa (136)
7/26/2003 10:43:37 PM
Richard,

We can "print preview in word" when that computer is
off/on but not in excel.

I posed the same question to winxp techs and have yet to
get a response.

I think you are correct.

Googie

0
ahlee67 (2)
8/1/2003 11:22:58 PM
In my response, I was asking you to try a print preview in some non-office
program. Word is an Office program. Try a print preview from a browser or
something other than Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Publisher, etc. I
still say this is likely not an Excel problem, but at the same time, I'm
surprised you got a preview with Word. The problem is generally that Excel
tries to determine print settings from your installed printer before giving
a preview. If it can't find one, well, no preview. If it finds a black &
white laser, then no color preview. stuff like that. I've also seen problems
when the printers are hooked up to a print server.

Richard,

We can "print preview in word" when that computer is
off/on but not in excel.

I posed the same question to winxp techs and have yet to
get a response.

I think you are correct.

Googie

0