Print preview #7

How can i have the dooteed lines indicating the pages on the sheet, what i am
doing at present is clicking print preview and then closing straight away so
that these dotted lines are shown, i do a lot of  large copying and pasting
in the sheets so it will be easier to see where to position things.

Ta

Stu
0
Ska (10)

When I want to see those dotted lines, I just do a quick print preview.

If I don't want to see them, I go through:

Tools|Options|View tab|and uncheck page breaks

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> When I want to see those dotted lines, I just do a quick print preview.
>
> If I don't want to see them, I go through:
>
> Tools|Options|View tab|and uncheck page breaks
>
> Ska wrote:
> >
> > How can i have the dooteed lines indicating the pages on the sheet, what i am
> > doing at present is clicking print preview and then closing straight away so
> > that these dotted lines are shown, i do a lot of  large copying and pasting
> > in the sheets so it will be easier to see where to position things.
> >
> > Ta
> >
> > Stu
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
rmpete (9)
5/26/2005 3:44:08 PM
Try the print preview.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Try the print preview.
>

> rmpete wrote:
> >
> > Hello Dave,
> > My Tools|Options|View tab|has the Page Breaks checked but I still cannot see
> > the dotted lines.  What do I do now?
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> >
> > > When I want to see those dotted lines, I just do a quick print preview.
> > >
> > > If I don't want to see them, I go through:
> > >
> > > Tools|Options|View tab|and uncheck page breaks

> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
rmpete (9)
5/26/2005 11:33:40 PM
Maybe you'll be able to see where those dashed lines are by turning of Gridlines
(also under tools|options|View tab).

If that doesn't help, you could use View|Page break preview to see where they
should be.

(and View|Normal to get it back to normal)

Do you have any borders that might be interfering with the view?

--

Dave Peterson
0

Scaling is set under File>Page Setup, Page tab.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
5/27/2005 2:19:23 AM
As in fit to 1 page wide by 1 page tall?

I could see the horizontal pagebreaks if I did:
fit to 1 page wide by (empty) pages tall.

(ps.  Thanks for suggestion--I was running out of guesses!)

Debra Dalgleish wrote:

> And if the Scaling is set to "Fit to", the page break dashes won't be
> visible.
>
> Scaling is set under File>Page Setup, Page tab.
>
> Dave Peterson wrote:
> > Maybe you'll be able to see where those dashed lines are by turning of Gridlines
> > (also under tools|options|View tab).
> >
> > If that doesn't help, you could use View|Page break preview to see where they
> > should be.
> >
> > (and View|Normal to get it back to normal)
> >
> > Do you have any borders that might be interfering with the view?
> >
> > rmpete wrote:
> >
> >>That's the point:
> >>I did try the Print Preview and I still can't see the dotted lines even
> >>though the the Page Breaks is checked .
> >>What do I do now?

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Dave Peterson
0
ec357201 (5290)
5/27/2005 2:31:56 AM
Thank you Debra!!
The Scaling was set to "Fit to", and the page break dashes were not
visible. Now I can continue working.
Thanks again,
rmpete

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> And if the Scaling is set to "Fit to", the page break dashes won't be
> visible.
>
> Scaling is set under File>Page Setup, Page tab.
>
> Dave Peterson wrote:
> > Maybe you'll be able to see where those dashed lines are by turning of Gridlines
> > (also under tools|options|View tab).
> >
> > If that doesn't help, you could use View|Page break preview to see where they
> > should be.
> >
> > (and View|Normal to get it back to normal)
> >
> > Do you have any borders that might be interfering with the view?
> >
> > rmpete wrote:
> >
> >>That's the point:
> >>I did try the Print Preview and I still can't see the dotted lines even
> >>though the the Page Breaks is checked .
> >>What do I do now?

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

rmpete (9)
5/27/2005 8:51:49 PM
You're welcome! Thanks for letting me know that was the problem.

(And thanks to Dave, for eliminating all the other possible causes.)

rmpete wrote:
> Thank you Debra!!
> The Scaling was set to "Fit to", and the page break dashes were not
> visible. Now I can continue working.
> Thanks again,
> rmpete
>

> "Debra Dalgleish" wrote:
>

>>And if the Scaling is set to "Fit to", the page break dashes won't be
>>visible.
>>
>>Scaling is set under File>Page Setup, Page tab.
>>
>>Dave Peterson wrote:
>>
>>>Maybe you'll be able to see where those dashed lines are by turning of Gridlines
>>>(also under tools|options|View tab).
>>>
>>>If that doesn't help, you could use View|Page break preview to see where they
>>>should be.
>>>
>>>(and View|Normal to get it back to normal)
>>>
>>>Do you have any borders that might be interfering with the view?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)
5/27/2005 9:32:09 PM
You're welcome, ma'am for being wrong so many times!

I'll try to keep up the good work.

<vbg>

Debra Dalgleish wrote:

> You're welcome! Thanks for letting me know that was the problem.
>
> (And thanks to Dave, for eliminating all the other possible causes.)
>
> rmpete wrote:
> > Thank you Debra!!
> > The Scaling was set to "Fit to", and the page break dashes were not
> > visible. Now I can continue working.
> > Thanks again,
> > rmpete
> >

> > "Debra Dalgleish" wrote:
> >

> >>And if the Scaling is set to "Fit to", the page break dashes won't be
> >>visible.
> >>
> >>Scaling is set under File>Page Setup, Page tab.

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Dave Peterson
0
ec357201 (5290)

When I print a 'word art' box, the first letter prints black?

Printing worksheet tabs on labels
I am printing out a workbook for insertion in a binder, and it occured to me that it would be nice to have a one step process to print all the worksheet tabs on Avery labels. Have I missed it, or is this coming in the next version? I am sure I am not the only one who would find this quite useful. Thanks! The macro works fine. Keith >-----Original Message----- >I've never printed to labels from Excel, but you can get a >list of all worksheet names in one column with this macro. >After that it shouldn't be too difficult. You might also >want to refer to MVP ...

How do i print page totals when printing?
I'm trying to print a report with running page totals. Page 1 subtotals to 100.00, so show 100.00 as subtotal for page 1. Page 2 totals 50.00, so show 150.00 as subtotal for page 2. ...

Printing and Headers (WLM + XP Pro)
Hi folks, Whenever I print an email, I always lose some info at the borders. This does not happen if I print from browsers (either FF 3.6 or IE 8) because I can set the margins with "Page Setup". Where can I change these settings in WLM? I've looked everywhere but cannot seem to find the option. Thanks in advance! -- Neil ��D WLMail uses Internet Explorer's print engine when printing messages. There does appear to be a bug in the way the IE8 print engine prints = certain types of HTML e-mails from WLMail (and OE), cutting the right = side off the ...

How do I print something off of a spreadsheet?
How can I print something off of an Excel Spreadsheet when the document will not open to begin with? It was first emailed to me as an attachment and I can't seem to open it. You can't. It needs to be opened. HTH. Best wishes Harald "kristin" <kristin@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:7167C4CF-CA81-4365-96BD-32D22138669D@microsoft.com... > How can I print something off of an Excel Spreadsheet when the document will > not open to begin with? It was first emailed to me as an attachment and I > can't seem to open it. kristin wrote: > Ho...

How to print a bank reconciliation report
I have looked everywhere, and I can't find any way to print a report of my bank reconciliation, after it balnces. I used to do it all the time in Quicken, and can't figure out how to do it in Money. In microsoft.public.money, Fred Blauer wrote: >I have looked everywhere, and I can't find any way to >print a report of my bank reconciliation, after it >balnces. I used to do it all the time in Quicken, and >can't figure out how to do it in Money. See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;176329 helps Yes, it seems to address my problem...

Why does driver WHQL tests differ on XP and Vista/7
When I create a new submission in DTM Studio for an Unclassified Signature device driver test for Windows XP the test suite consists of one collection of tests called "Driver Reliability". When I create the same submission for a Vista or Windows 7 target the test suite consists of two collections: "Driver Reliability" and "Connectivity_USB". Why is there a difference? Basically the WLK is really "targeted" towards Vista and later Windows platforms. When testing on Vista and later the DTM has a collection of tests that is can apply to each d...

Chart repeats data when printed pls help !
I have a spreadsheet that consists of a long list of data on the left with a simple x-y scatter chart on the right - both list and chart are longer than one page, and therefore must be printed across several pages. When I print the spreadsheet, the chart on each page prints the first two rows of data from the beginning of the chart, so for example if the data runs from 1-100, the first page chart printout shows 1-20, the second page shows 1-2 then 13-20, the third page shows 1-2 then 23-30. Could it be something to do with excel printing out the x axis on each page, given that the x axis is ...

cannot print certain row of sentence.
hi, I am using Windows 98 SE, and also MS Excel 2000. I have a problem when some of the row cannot print out, while the sentence before and after the row can be printed. I can see the particular row from the print preview, but it doesn't appear on the paper when printed. Can somebody can explain to me what cause the problem, and also some ways to overcome it. Thank you. Merging cells can bring all sorts of problems. *Excel often has problems if the screen zoom is anything other tha 100%. *Unusual font ? *Text aligned to right of cell ? *Text wrapped leaving 'blank' line/out ...

Distribution Groups #7
Can one distribution group manage another distribution group? Exchange 5.5 allowed this but I cannot see how to do it in 2003. It seems like only a user or contact can manage a distribution group. Please help! Frank, Try opening up the properties of the distribution group. Click on the Security tab and add the security group there and assign permissions to it. Hope this helps. "Frank M." wrote: > Can one distribution group manage another distribution group? > > Exchange 5.5 allowed this but I cannot see how to do it in 2003. It seems > like only a user or c...

Print Screen
I am trying to use the print screen key and paste it to excel, and I got an error message"Microsoft Office Excel can't paste the data" Question on print screen wrote: > I am trying to use the print screen key and paste it to excel, and I > got an error message"Microsoft Office Excel can't paste the data" I imagine you can paste the image into a photo editor like Irfanview. Then save it as a file and paste it from the file into Excel. -- Larry Smith "My kind of loyalty was loyalty to one's country, not to its institutions or its office-holders.&...

Defining cells that shouldn't print
Hello, Is it possible to define a cell range that should not appear on a print-out of a worksheet? Thanks in advance! Steve One way (from http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/noprintrange ): You can hide rows or columns before printing. If you have a range that doesn't consist of entire rows or columns that you want to avoid printing, here's one way (it works for entire rows and columns, too): On each worksheet that you want to hide a range, select the range (it can be non-contiguous) and give it a sheet level name of "NoPrintRange" (one way: In the Name box at...

Print area #2
I have many workbooks that have from 10 to 60 worksheets. All pages have the same set up in them. It's just that some data changes. I have a template set up and now want to set the print area for all the pages. When i select all sheets the print area menu greys out. How can I do this without setting it for each worksheet idividually? smarty, here is one way using a macro, will set the print area on all sheets in the workbook Sub Set_Print_Area() Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets ws.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$C$25" '******Change to your range*...

In MS Access 2003, How do I print Memo Fields to AutoExpand?
We are trying to print from a form and allow the Memo Field in an datasheet to autoexpand. On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:21:01 -0800, AppliedecoCindy <AppliedecoCindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are trying to print from a form and allow the Memo Field in an datasheet >to autoexpand. I don't think you can. However it's very easy to create a Report based on the same data, and set the Can Grow property of the textbox containing the memo field to Yes, and have a button on your form to print the report. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] =?Utf-8?B?QXBw...

Print Output Problem
I have downloaded a brochure template from design gallery, updated the copy, and when i print it the margins are not printing as i have them laid out in the document even though the settings are showing a .25" margin for top-bottom-left-right and the grid layout view shows the exact same. Not sure what to do to fix this but any help is appreciated. It probably is your printer's margin limitations. See here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "eric" <eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Windows 7 networking
I am using windows 7 ultimate. I use a program called Internet Download Manager. I will setup 20gigs worth of downloads and go to bed. When I wake up in the morning, the downloads are still there and no internet packets are moving. It may have downloada 7gigs of the 20gigs, before stalling. Once I reboot the computer and restart the downloads, it starts right up. The TCP stack mat be timing out for some reason. Windows Vista and previous OS's, did not do this. Is there a soultion for this problem? Hello, Fat Key, On 21 Dez., 06:27, Fat00key <Fat00...@discussions...

print a postcard 4 up
I'm using Publisher 2007 and want to know how to change a postcard from "2up" to "4-up" Use one of the Avery US Letter postcard templates. They work well. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Melanie" <Melanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB093A7A-C9A6-43A1-BD2C-3D922C50BDA8@microsoft.com... > I'm using Publisher 2007 and want to know how to change a postcard from "2up" > to "4-up" ...

Gross change in file appearance in page preview
A calendar file with text box overlays suddenly appears with the text boxes misshapen and misplaced to the right and down, and the font size enlarged. Yet the page preview and any printed page shows and prints as I intended. I could live with this if I didn't have to periodically revise the text box data. It is possible that it might have something to do with the file being in the compatibility mode for Excel 97-2003, since I have to share this file with others. Any suggestions will be warmly received. -- Kel Humphreys ...

Plot area not printing correctly
I have a worksheet with several charts on it. The charts look fine on my screen. When I "Print Preview" the page, some of the plot areas on the sheet are shrinking. The chart area appears to be the correct size, but the plot area is shrinking to the top of the chart area, followed by white space, and the legend at the bottom of the chart area. Any suggestions? Thanks! Hi, Two things will help get you an answer - 1. What version of Excel are you using? 2. Does the change occure when you print or only when you preview? -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "KLB_GRM" w...

Printing #17
My spread sheet is printing exta pages with only the header on them how do I delete them? Using delete and moving the up or left does not work. JRS Clear your print range then reset it. File>Print Area Also, what do your Margin settings look like? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 10:24:01 -0700, JRS <JRS @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My spread sheet is printing exta pages with only the header on them how do I delete them? Using delete and moving the up or left does not work. ...

Printing PDF files
I have a couple of PDF files, which I all want to have printed automatically on a default printer, when I click on my "print button". How can I do this? "Julia Weber" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:30e801c49cba$f09bd0d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have a couple of PDF files, which I all want to have > printed automatically on a default printer, when I click > on my "print button". How can I do this? If you have Acrobat Reader installed, you can try with ShellExecute: ShellExecute(hwnd,"print","...

Bcc #7
Say you create an email and you send copies Bcc copies - When you go to the sent folder and pull up that message.... But when you print it out...the Bcc email address dont show up....is this possible ?? According to the following article, this is not possible. 186690 XCLN: Bcc Field Does not Appear when Printing a Message http://support.microsoft.com/?id=186690 Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "MP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22c001c3ffd5$cb92ac50...

money03: printing checks?
Money 2003 Deluxe & Business. When attempting to print checks, none of my account information is printed (bank name, routing #, account #, check #; my personal info, address). The only things that print are the payee name & address, amount of check and the date. I can't seem to find any settings to correct this. Help? See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q39. It won't be the answer you want to hear but it will be the answer. "Bill" <wcannon2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:7dd001c40332$444e5950$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Money 2003 Deluxe & Busines...

blue color not printing
i am printing a brochure using the scallop design. some of the time the left side (blue color) prints, and sometimes it does not. when it does not print, the blue in other sections of the brochure still prints, so the problem does not seem to be with the blue ink. thank you for any suggestions to solve this problem... Hi laurie cohen (innervisions10@aol.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || i am printing a brochure using the scallop design. || some of the time the left side (blue color) prints, and || sometimes it does not. when it does not print, the blue || in other...

how do I print a chart 1 to 1 scale?
I need to take an excel plot and print it 1:1 scale. I'm creating templates with the data plotted on the chart. The X axis is the larger scale, and varies by application. I can get the value for the maximum "X", and use that to set the plot, and I'm comfortable using VBA, but can't seem to find a connection between the area I'm trying to plot, and a way to scale the plot so that after printing my x-axis prints true to life. Any Ideas? ...