Print Preview #4

I would like to preview my worksheets that contains
coloured cells as they will print on a BW printer so I
know what my charts etc. will actually look like.

How do I turn off the Print Preview in  colour when
printing to a BW printer? i.e. I want to see exactly what
will print depending on what printer I go to (the BW or
the Colour).
Further, I am not asking about the Page Setup option of
checkmarking Black and White as that will print in only
Black and White and not scale my colours and patterns
accordingly to the % they would actually print.

Please advise and thank you.
Deborah
0
anonymous (74722)

Try setting up another printer with it set to black & white and use that
printer.
Or
Sub togglecolor()
 ActiveSheet.PageSetup.BlackAndWhite = True = Not _
 ActiveSheet.PageSetup.BlackAndWhite = True
End Sub
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Deborah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to preview my worksheets that contains
> coloured cells as they will print on a BW printer so I
> know what my charts etc. will actually look like.
>
> How do I turn off the Print Preview in  colour when
> printing to a BW printer? i.e. I want to see exactly what
> will print depending on what printer I go to (the BW or
> the Colour).
> Further, I am not asking about the Page Setup option of
> checkmarking Black and White as that will print in only
> Black and White and not scale my colours and patterns
> accordingly to the % they would actually print.
>
> Please advise and thank you.
> Deborah

0
Don
7/14/2004 2:38:22 PM
This is a B&W printer only.
Most bizarre, as I have a B&W printer also at home as does
another friend in anther office and we all see the print
preview as it would print.
That is why I don't know what this office could have done
to not show the preview properly.

Please give me another idea if you can think of it.

Thank you

0
anonymous (74722)
7/14/2004 4:45:37 PM
You can install a printer that you don't have connected. Try it.
Then use that printer to test (preview only obviously)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
> This is a B&W printer only.
> Most bizarre, as I have a B&W printer also at home as does
> another friend in anther office and we all see the print
> preview as it would print.
> That is why I don't know what this office could have done
> to not show the preview properly.
>
> Please give me another idea if you can think of it.
>
> Thank you

0
Don

selecting cells #4
When holding down ctrl to select a number of cells to format them or see the sum in the bottom of the screen - and you accidentally select one you dont want - is there a way to unselect that one without starting over ? Thanks, Yosef Take a look at this: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/unselect.htm there's no builtin way to do it, other than starting over... -- Regards, Juan Pablo Gonz´┐Żlez Excel MVP "ynissel" <ynissel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EA0DDD8-4668-430B-BB5E-C15549FC9346@microsoft.com... > When holding down ctrl to select a number ...

mirror printing
Hi all. My wife is using Publisher 2003, on an XP-Home SP2 system. This evening she went to print a flyer she made and it printed in reverse. While I'm aware that one can set it to print in a mirrored format, I am unable to identify anything to stop this from happening. In checking the print drivers, all of the mirror settings are turned to off. In checking the page set up in Publisher, there is no option for her to perform a mirroring operation. I've checked the print preview and it shows as being correclty oriented. I.e., normal. But when I go to print the document, it's mir...

Can't print visio diagrams on HP9300 color printer.
Regardless of settings in visio or preferences on HP9300 deskjet printer, only the bottom 1/3 of ANY diagram appears on the printed page. Using A4 paper. Diagram prints properly on HP1015 laserjet printer. Have you installed Service Pack 1 for Visio 2003? This corrects several printing issues similar to what you describe. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "leewilson248" <leewilson248@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D16F1D7-4C04-4CB1-B9DB-E0F8F450790B@microsoft.co...

Are there any design sets in Publisher for printing in landscape
I am having to produce a brochure which for Excel insert reasons will have to be produced for printing in landscape format. It would appear from perusing the Microsoft standard design sets that they are all in portrait. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find landscape ones,or, is there any way of changing those already in the programme to landscape? All the brochures templates are landscape. Click publications for print rather than design sets; although the brochures within the design sets are landscaped. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvp...

Print and review
I have 168 pages of excel to print on legal paper (14 inch) and I'm using 2002 or XP excel with Vista Ultimate. I change the margin and do a auto Fit on the ROW (I have to do a hundred of them) and nothing happens so I do a manual like changing it form 85 to 75 but when I print it, it has a big gap in the cell where another sentence should be. I go and do a print review and sure enough there is a big gap but on my spread sheet it looks OK, so I guess I need to do an auto fit that works. Can anyone help? Richard ...

public folder offiline address list oab version2, 3a,4 folder is lost
i using win2003 ,exchange 2003sp2 , have domain and sub-domain in recently my root domain user can't load offline address list then i see my "public folder " "view system folders" offline address book " "/o=HKG/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=offline address list" is miss " oab version 2, oab version 3a, oab version 4" folder i try more solution not work , my sub-domain is work , user can load offline addess book " public folder is nomral , can post and see in outlook and owa but if root domain user can't see public folder in owa just see a tex...

Printing reports with no data
Actually the title of this question is a little misleading, sorry. This should be fairly simple. I run 5 different reports for 2 different shifts based on certain product catagories that were produced the previous day. Sometimes there is data for those reports and sometimes not. Instead of the report opening in preview, I would rather just have a MsgBox pop up that says there's nothing to report. Other than date and shift information, I'm pulling up the product SKU, description of the product, start and end time, qty and so on. please help! Thanks Bill R. -- John 3:16 "Fo...

Word Printing and Rotation of Landscaped Pages
When printing a document with mostly portrait pages but some landscapes, the landscape page is rotated for printing and is rotated so that the page top is on the right hand side of a traditional portrait page. I want it to rotate 180 degrees from that so that the bottom of the landscape page is on the right hand edge of the portrait page. Cannot seem to find a place to do that. Help !!! I don't think Excel can do that. Mike wrote: > When printing a document with mostly portrait pages but some landscapes, the > landscape page is rotated for printing and is rotated ...

won't print
I've built a news letter and prepared the file for printing service, now I can't print it. What have I done wrong and how can I fix it You could press the print button or You could give us just a few clues about what OS, Pub version, Printer,and error indications so we could try to understand what you are doing. -- John G Wot's Your Real Problem? "edward" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08af01c3afff$1213e1c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I've built a news letter and prepared the file for > printing service, now I can't print i...

Printing just one page?
I would like to print just one page in my publication, at times. When I hit file, print, I do not have a print option. Print merge, print preview are all that is available. Can anyone help? Please?? What version Publisher? When you are ready to print one page, there should be check off for "current page". Are you expanding the File menu? Right-click any toolbar (Publisher 2002), customize, toolbars tab, check *Always show full menus." What happens if you ctrl+p or click the print icon on the toolbar? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msau...

Data migration strategy from custom MSSQL-based app to CRM 4.0
Hello, We have a client looking to transition to CRM 4.0 from their current home-grown application based on SQL Server 2005. I am curious to get suggestions from the group on how to approach this. Here is one approach I am considering: 1. Create denormalized views in SQL (picklist values included instead of PK/FK keys) 2. Script queries to these views that send query results to a CSV file 3. Create data mappings in DMF to perform mass import 4. Run import with fingers crossed One requirement to note is the client is not looking for a staged migration - everything must be brought over at...

How to print header all page
I create assetNo header (difference number of record for each assetNo) in my report and set keep together for each assetNo. If data in any assetNo more than one page, My report does not print assetNo header on next page. Where am I wrong. Nova wrote: >I create assetNo header (difference number of record for each assetNo) in my >report and set keep together for each assetNo. >If data in any assetNo more than one page, My report does not print assetNo >header on next page. To get a group header to appear on each page in addition to the start of the group, you need to set t...

Couldn't print attachment in Outlook 2000
Hi, Need HELP. System reset whenever try to print mail with attachment in MS Outlook 2000. Thanks ...

construct A4 landscape to make 4 sided menu cards
I want to create an A4 landscape menu with a front , back and centre. It should be an A4 word document which turns into A5 when folded in half to create a 4 sided menue? Once this is evident I need to be able to construct text each side individually? Please reply to:- steve@lacey25.orangehome.co.uk If you have Word 2000, you can use the "2 pages per sheet" setting in Page Setup. If you have Word 2002 or above, use "Book fold" in the same place ("Multiple pages" setting on the Margins tab of Page Setup). Or see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/B...

In Excel, how can I print a long list on 1 page in multiple colum.
I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? Thanks Check out this David McRitchie link for the columns question: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm "Chuck" wrote: > I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print > the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on > multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? > > Thanks ...

Project Accounting #4
Hi when I enter Transaction-billing-Billing Entry I am getting an error project Number already exists in billing work file. Regards Srinivasan ...

can I print labels using data from an excell spreadsheet
I want to know if it is possible to export data from an excel spreadsheet directly to a database other than access,(as I do not have access) so that I may print labels? Cesspool, Use Word mail merge. It can use an Excel list. It does labels. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Cesspool lady" <Cesspoollady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5095D2AB-A32C-42D9-B071-1F98F08142E2@microsoft.com... >I want to know if it is possible to export data from an excel spreadsheet > directly to ...

Postcards do not print the same as print preview
I am running Windows XP, Microsoft Office Publisher 2003, SP3. I simply want to create a postcard mailer, a half page, to mail to prospects. The problem I am having is I chose the page setup: Postcard, half page letter, portrait layout. What is printing out is not what the print preview shows. What the print preview shows is correct, I should get 2 postcards on one sheet, printed out vertically, one on the top and one below it. So all I would have to do it cut the page in half and have 2 postcards. The way it is coming out on my printer is one on top and one below it, but ...

damaged document does not print

print preview #10
in excel 2003 when you ask for fit to one page in print preview it will still print it on two pages if the wording is longer than the cell it occupies. If you come out of this option and go back in it is ok but it will reset ifself when you come out of the print preview altogether ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based News...

Print Assistant change Start time
I use the Calendar print assistant to print my calendar. I normally use Long Week 01 or Standard Week 02 templates. The calendar starts at 8am. Is there a way to change this to 7am. My Outlook calendar shows a start time of 7am. Is there any way to further customize these templates. Thanks Kristy You can edit the XML - See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/editcpao.asp for instructions. I have not looked into changing the start times so I don't know where to tell you to look. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ O...

GP 8.0 Need to print invoice to multiple printers from document
We have an office and two ship sites. We need to print the same document to two of the sites. Now Great Plains makes you go change the printer setup before printing the invoice to the screen. Need to be able to select the printer needed from the document printed to the screen. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader...

Printing #23
I have just discovered that when i try to change the print orientation form portrait to landscape it is greyed out. Can anyone tell me how to chnage this please? The OS is win98 on a stand alone pc using excel 97 John John Does your Printer support Landscape orientation? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 10:46:16 -0800, "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I have just discovered that when i try to change the print >orientation form portrait to landscape it is greyed out. > >Can anyone tell me how to chnage this please? >The O...

How do I combine 4 seperate Publisher files into one?
I have a group of 4 MS Publisher files each with about 40 pages and I'd like to combine them into one file. Other than copy and pasting each page, is there another way to accomplish this task? You can combine them all in a PDF program. There are free converters around. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=free+pdf+converter&btnG=Google+Search -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sgenkin" <sgenkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBC819DE-17C9-42A5-93E9-69F4C6F9A4EC@microsoft.c...

print button #3
I'm using an excel spreadsheet to record times for employees. In a daily total cell, I need for the time to be rounded to the nearest quarter hour. Right now, the format is custom set at [h].mm and it comes out as 8.30. I'd like for it to just be 8.5 I don't know what this has to do with a print button... :) Try this: =A1*24 Format the cell in which your formula lies as number, 2 digits. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "C A" <C A@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63D9C091-C944-4291-99B5-E425ED...