print long column--2 pages side by side on one paper

i have a long narrow list and wondered if there was an
option to print two pages on one so that there is not lots
of pages with blank white area.
I tried the option in Page Setup, "Options", "Outlay" and
it appeared like you could choose 2 page up, etc., but
print preview shows it as the same one page to a page.
THANK YOU!

Is there any way to search this newsgroups for subject
matter in the postings?
0
cytmom (2)

Hi,

Yes, go to: File > Page setup.

Then on the form that show up: go to the tab Sheet

Click on Options.

On the new form that popup, in the tab Layout, enter the number of "Page Per
Sheet" you like.

--
JP
jp@solutionsvba.com

"Roberta" <cytmom@cox.net> wrote in message
> i have a long narrow list and wondered if there was an
> option to print two pages on one so that there is not lots
> of pages with blank white area.
> I tried the option in Page Setup, "Options", "Outlay" and
> it appeared like you could choose 2 page up, etc., but
> print preview shows it as the same one page to a page.
> THANK YOU!
>
> Is there any way to search this newsgroups for subject
> matter in the postings?

0
mtljp2 (36)
9/20/2003 5:38:03 PM
Better to search Google.

http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel

Enter "Snake Columns" into "Exact Phrase" window.
--

HTH,

RD

"Roberta" <cytmom@cox.net> wrote in message
i have a long narrow list and wondered if there was an
option to print two pages on one so that there is not lots
of pages with blank white area.
I tried the option in Page Setup, "Options", "Outlay" and
it appeared like you could choose 2 page up, etc., but
print preview shows it as the same one page to a page.
THANK YOU!

Is there any way to search this newsgroups for subject
matter in the postings?

0
Ragdyer (92)
9/20/2003 5:47:14 PM
If it's a one shot deal, you might just want to copy your range and paste into
MSWord.  There's an option under Format|columns that you could play with.

Ron de Bruin has an excel addin that you may like:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

The other option is to try my Excel Add-in "Side by Side" that should do
what you want.
It is very easy to use, quick and comes with a one page install/use Word.doc
file.
It is available for free upon direct request to jim.coneXXX@rcn.comXXX
(remove xxx).
(Hi Dave)

Regards,

Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA
****************
"Roberta" <cytmom@cox.net> wrote in message
> i have a long narrow list and wondered if there was an
> option to print two pages on one so that there is not lots
> of pages with blank white area.
> I tried the option in Page Setup, "Options", "Outlay" and
> it appeared like you could choose 2 page up, etc., but
> print preview shows it as the same one page to a page.
> THANK YOU!
> Is there any way to search this newsgroups for subject
> matter in the postings?

0
jim.coneXXX (771)

Counting number of X's in a column

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

matching contents #2

Please ignore #2

outputting values to a range from one formula
I wish to generate a table automatically by means of a single formula that applies an iteration on a starting given value with a given step, and the computed values are posted/entered automtically into cells from a given cell onwards, say below it, until the computed value reaches a certain given limt. This is somehow the inverse of INDIRECT or of OFFSET. These can pull values from a variable addresses of cells. What I need is to push values into a variable addresses of cells. Can anyone help me on that?? Thanks. :confused -- Shafe ---------------------------------------------------------...

DVD off Center and Right side cut off in WMP 11
I am using Windows XP Pro SP3 and just updated to WMP 11. When I play a DVD it seems to be zoomed in or stretched on the screen and the right side of the movie is cut off. I've tried everything I know to do to fix it, and that knowledge is slim! Any suggestions are very much appreciated! ...

White Printing
How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks like, then deleting that so I can print in white. On Mon, 12 May 2008 18:46:03 -0700, PJ1980 <PJ1980@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank >when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks >like, then deleting that so I can print in white. Interesting. Does your printer have a WHITE ink cartridge? NO? You can't do it. Ther...

reason codes #2
I'm having a big problem tracking discounts in RMS. Whenever something is discounted up front, a reason code is set. There are several I use for discounts. However, when I try to do an Item Movement History report and select based on those reason codes, I never get any matches. When I do an item history report for a few weeks, I notice that the only reason codes that are displayed are the ones pertaining to inventory adjustment. It seems that reason codes associated with discounts do not display in this report. HELP! I need these to display to track discounts (and also store use)! ...

HELP in printing A3 size newsletter-magazine which has a centerfold.
hi! i want to print a newsletter magazine in A3 size. so that means, the newsletter must have a paper size of H:17" and L:11". When i set the paper size in mspublisher to A3 portrait, the centerfold expands to h:22".... which consists of two A3 size papers.... how can i correct this so that each page will print like two short bond papers combined in the middle? also, how can i set mspublisher to print without borders? in my printer setup, there is a borderless settings. problem is, if i select that, some of the layout will be cropped out in the borderline.... so it look...

Outlook Express 5 #2
On loading, error message "MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module DIRECTDB.dll at 017f:7dbf3070.." Appeared to coincide with display config change? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of...

CRM 1.2 12-02-05
I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on a SBS 2003 server. Problem is I can only start the application if I log onto the server usind the server administrator account. If I try to access using a domain users account I just get a page cannot be displayed error, could somebody please help... Have you added the appropriate domain users as crm users using the deployment manager? "Redders" <Redders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D80FF8B4-78F1-4334-ACB5-2F772F0CF3B6@microsoft.com... > I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on a SBS 2003 server. Problem is I can only start >...

Workbook_Open Help #2
Hello Frank, Here's the code Private Sub Workbook_Open() ' Call Unhide_Sheets ' Sheets("CONTROLPANEL").Select Range("A1").Select Call Splash End Su -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26252 Hi and there's no application.screenupdating=false statement in your unhide procedure? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Fable" <Fable.1d07w...

Sum column values that contains text &/or dates
Column D3 thru D43 contain a mixture of values & dates. For example: D3 = 16,026.76 D4 = 11-18-05 D5 = blank D6 = 6,855.34 D7= 11-03-05 D8 = blank D9 = 5,270.00 D10 = 11-02-05 Need sum to equal 28,152.10 (total only values from entry or formulas) Thanks so much. mikeburg -- mikeburg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mikeburg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24581 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489114 If your dates are text strings which say "11-18-05"...

Shared services admin page missing
PS2007 SP2 FebCU and WSS 3.0 SP2 FebCU Installed PS2007 and migrated data on a new dev server with win2k8. Everything is running good and i even got through the migration. However, i cannot build cubes. The error says that it cannot connect to the analysis service Db, then below that is says "provider cannot be found..." I used the technet guide in addition to MSProjectExperts Implementing and Administering MOPS2007 to retrace my steps and it appears that I've not missed any steps. I then noticed that my SharePoint Services Provider admin site is no longer a...

Create two rows based on one row
A worksheet has information in a single row. The new worksheet has columns. How can I create two rows per column in this new worksheet, based on information from the single row (key=document number, same amount for debit- and credit - but in a different row, accounts based on table) . Hi not really sure about your spreadsheet layout. Could you post an example (plain text - no attachment please) and describe your expected result based on this example -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Toni wrote: > A worksheet has information in a single row. The new worksheet has > columns. ...

bar chart on 2 axis
I am trying to create a bar chart. I have 9 series for which each have 2 sets of data value. I want to create a bar chart where each series is represented by 1 bar, with the chart having one set of values along the x axis and one along the y axis. I am having great difficulty with this. Can you help at all? Full instructions are found at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Hannah" <Hannah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED02B24D-AEA9-40E0-8D8C-4199...