print headings at the top of each page

When I go to the Sheet Tab, the Print Titles option is not acive. These
options are greyed out. How can make them active?

I think you mean the sheet tab of the File - Page Setup dialog.  If you've
come from a print preview, those boxes are not available.  You have to have
gone directly from a sheet with File - Page Setup.  There has to be a sheet
in the background, not a print preview, because the Print Titles boxes are
RefEdit boxes, boxes you can click in a cell to put in the reference you
want.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"onemanhattanrebel" <onemanhattanrebel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F94CF788-C91E-4EC8-8CDA-296CEC6BB9F9@microsoft.com...
> When I go to the Sheet Tab, the Print Titles option is not acive. These
> options are greyed out. How can make them active?

0
someone798 (944)

Bold text appears in print preview but does not print bold
I am working on a menu in Publisher. In print preview, all text in bold appears bold, but when I actually print, portions of the bold text does not print in bold. This problem applies to all text within specific text boxes. For some text boxes the bold prints and for some it doesn't. Any suggestions would be enormously appreciated. What version Publisher? Don't know if that makes a difference however. If you look in the font directory in the control panel you will see a separate font for bold, italic, condensed and so on for fonts like Times New Roman and Arial. If you use ...

Posting Batch Printing Problem
Hi All, We have a transaction batch in Financial Module of Great Plains v8.0 showing its printing. The problem is no user is printing the batch. We have restart the server and it did not resolve the problem. Any suggestion to resolve this issue? Thanks Quintin Hi Quintin, To Correct this problem you will need to do have your SQL Administrator do the following: Go into SQL Query Analyzer and run the following Scripts: Against the Dynamics Database: Delete SY0800 where BACHNUMB = 'xxxxx' - change the xxxx to the actual batch ID. Against the company Database: Update SY00500...

spreadsheet on web page???
Is it possible to put a section of a spreadsheet on a web page so that it still does all the functions? Or can you just put a pic of a spreadsheet on it? -- CadensDad ------------------------------------------------------------------------ CadensDad's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17469 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476378 Hello- First, select the range of cells you want to publish. Then go to File>Save as Web Page. Click the option for Selection & check the box for 'Add interactivity'. I...

Entire Visio page moves whenever I use the directional arrow keys instead of the object I've clicked on
Gurus, Running Visio 2003. For some reason lately, whenever I click on an object and try to move it using the right, left, or up or down arrow keys, the whole page moves instead of the object I've clicked on. This is really annoying! It didn't used to be this way. I'm not sure what I changed. I simply want the object I've highlighted to move whenever I use the arrow keys not the whole Visio page itself! -- Spin On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:29:14 -0400, "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote: >Gurus, > >Running Visio 2003. For some reason lately, whe...

Printing Margins on Reports
Money 2004 will not print my monthly report without cutting a fourth of it off the edge of the paper. I've tried everything to fix the problem with the printer , inside money itself, and tried to copy it to word or excel, but can't seem to get it to work. Anyone, any suggestions? ...

How do I change the header or footer to print an Access table
I teach at a high school and need to have the students identify their papers by putting there names in the header of footer area when printing a Access Table. I have not be able to find the area to make the changes. Any help would be appreciated. Use a Report. HTH -- -Larry- -- "Dennis A" <Dennis A@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A308F92-E358-44B3-918D-2838BBE239C5@microsoft.com... > I teach at a high school and need to have the students identify their papers > by putting there names in the header of footer area when printing a Access > Tab...

Copied pdf file into Word doc/can print/can not view in doc...?
I have copied a portion of a pdf file into my word doc. I sent the doc to a friend and now my friend says when they open the doc it is blank. But when they print the doc everything shows up printed...HELP? Does your friend have the option set to show picture placeholders, rather than the pictures themselves? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

CHtmlView and Printing

Top Items
Akber, I liked the idea of seeing the top items in specific departments so I tried this and I am getting some errors. Here is what I have: Thanks for your help. Kevin //--- Report Summary --- // Begin ReportSummary ReportType = reporttypeSales ReportTitle = "Top Items Report" PageOrientation = pageorientationPortrait OutLineMode = True Groups = 0 GroupDescription = "" DisplayLogo = True LogoFileName = "MyLogo.bmp" ProcedureCall = "" TablesQueried = <BEGIN> FROM TransactionEntry WITH(NOLOCK) INNER...

Another Printing Question
Hi Everyone, I just can't seem to wrap my head around this printing thing. What I am doing is creating a report that displays text, graphs (using a third party graph control), list of items and expandable list control / tree control hybrids. The problem I am facing is number of pages. I can't find a clean way to find the places where I would need to start a new page. Since what I am printing is not uniform data, I can't simply find the number of lines of text , multiply it by the line height, and divide by page height to find the number of pages. (a graph has no lines of text, a...

Print Preview of form
Using Access 2003 SP2 For new databases, the form details are not visible in print preview. The visibility of the details section is set to Visible (yes). Any ideas why only the form detials is not visible in print preview and all other objects view properly? It is only this database. Databases created in early months view properly. There are no updates on MS site to indicate an issue. On Jan 11, 5:47=A0pm, rebecca <rebe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Using Access 2003 SP2 > For new databases, the form details are not visible in print preview. The > visibility o...

Unable to print attachments on emails
Until recently all was well: Yesterday I found I can no longer print email attachments despite appropriate boxes being ticked. All attachments once opened then file into 'recently altered folder' from which I can not print or delete. I would like to fix this problem ASAP - help. The version is Office Outlook 2007 Thanks How are you trying to print the attachments? The procedure is simple like this: 1) In the message list, select but do not open the message that you want to print. 2) On the File menu, click Print. 3) To print the attachments, select the Print attac...

How to print DUOS field in Report Writer
I need to create a comment field for each grid line item in Inventory Transaction Entry. I have created a text field in Modifier. I have write a code using the DUOSObject in VB using a DUOSObjectCombinedID made up of the Document number and Line SEQ number. The data seems to save and retrieve fine from SYS90000. Now I need to modifify the IV Transaction History Report and I do not know how to pull out the DUOSObject. I've tried to follow the examples from vbadataaccessoptions.pdf and VBADevelopersGuide.pdf (in GP documentation) but the example it shows involve Customer Maintenace wh...

Help needed on Column & Row Headings
:confused: Hi Can anyone help with this one In the page setup I have set columns to repeat at left $A:$D The text in cells B57, B58 and B60 shows across columns A:P but no cells are merged When I print the 1st page all the text shows but when the second page prints it will only show the text that spans acrosss cells A:D Is there anyway this can be resolved I have tried merging the cells (B57:P57) but the text still does not print on the second page. Thank you -- mkf ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mkf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/m...

excel -10 sections
I have a 10 section worksheet that I need to have a footer that says Section # page # on each page for printing the whole worksheet. eg Section 1 Page 10 would the page 10 of the whole worksheet: Section 3 Page 59 would be page 59 of the whole worksheet I've used a macro to do this in WORD, but haven't ever tried it in EXCEL. I'm guessing it would need a macro though. "Maggie" wrote: > I have a 10 section worksheet that I need to have a footer that says Section > # page # on each page for printing the whole worksheet. > eg Section 1 Page 10 would the pag...

C# Windows always on top
Hi All, I have a question about how to make a windows always on top of other windows except the messageBox. If i use TopMost properties, when my main application pop up a messsageBox, then it will be behide the top most windows and i cannot click on the messageBox easily. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?THanks Best regards, FAI linuxfedora <linuxfedora@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in news:a29c2c62-c905-4799- 84a1-6113c7f4e395@u8g2000prd.googlegroups.com: > I have a question about how to make a windows always on top of other > windows except the messageBox. ...

printing error
Hi, While i try to print a MS CRM 2.1 report from any user machine i get an activeX error that denies printing. even if it's an admin user but it works fine if i try printing from the server itself any idea on this problem Regards, Hanady Hi, I've been facing this error 2 weeks now. My customer is not able to print any report Your help is badly needed. Regards, Hanady "Hanady" <hanady.abousamra@trinec.com> wrote in message news:eU6QPc0GGHA.3828@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > While i try to print a MS CRM 2.1 report from any user machine i get a...

Visual Basic Macro to print hidden worksheet
I have created a multi-choice test in Excel 2003 for students to use at the end of a unit. To prevent cheating the worksheet with the results on is hidden and password protected. I would like to provide a button at the bottom of the test worksheet which students can click when they finish. This will send a copy of the hidden worksheet to the printer with their results but I am unable to get it to work. Any ideas would be appreciated. Noel Hi Noel, Try: '===========>> Sub aTester() Dim SH As Worksheet Set SH = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1") '<&...

Page # format changes when I convert to web publication
I can't figure out how to change my page number format back to Arabic in my web publication. It changed to Roman numerals when I converted from print to web. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. PS - I'm using Publisher 2003 ...

Business Card Printing Small
Hello Everyone, I seek your help in correcting a business card printing problem. When I print business cards using Publisher 2003 and business card paper the cards print very small and to the center of the business card paper stock instead of all of the ten cards printing in the individual blocks on the card paper. However, if I print the cards using regular paper, they print out as they should. The label settings are as follows: .75,.5, 0, and 0. I am using a Tektronix Phaser 740 printer. I have printed business cards several times in the pass on this printer and did not have any ...

Add field to Printed PO
Hi, I would like to add the Quantity on Hand to the printed PO. I looked in customer source and did not find a new PO report that would work so I need to make the changes myself. Has any one added this to thier PO and is willing to share or could someone make a recommendation on how to change a copy of the original PO report to add the Quanitiy on Hand (and they haven't asked for it yet but I would be willing to bet that they will be asking for Qty committed next). Thanks, Laura Laura wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to add the Quantity on Hand to the printed PO. I loo...

"rule after paragraph" appears on previous page
I set up a heading style that has a "rule after paragraph". Of course, it is quite often the first line on a page. On the previous page, I have a page break. The rule appears after the page break character, at the bottom of the page, but I don't want a rule there. If I remove the rule, the heading style on the next page has no rule. It seems that the line of the document that contains the page break *must be* the same style as the first line at the top of the next page. By the way, this happens in Word and Publisher, and has been a source of frustration with these programs fo...

Page 1, Page 2, ...is showing up very large in the worksheet.
-- Web Traveler You are in Page Break Preview mode. Go to the View menu and choose 'Normal'. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Tink54" <Tink54@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3ACFA0C-64BB-49CF-8E15-A08770BB7132@microsoft.com... > > -- > Web Traveler You're in Page Break Preview mode. Choose View/Normal. You are in page break view mode, go to view and switch it to normal mode. "Tink54" wrote: > > -- > Web Traveler ...

Publishing excel Speadsheet to web page
I have a sheet that I am publishing it to a web page. Most sheets come out to a 40K file except 1. This one publishes to a size of 2.5mb. All sheets have hyperlinked data but the one that gives me the largest file has the least data and hyperlinks. Any suggestions? Thank you Chris Your usedrange is to big Chris on that sheet Debra Dalgleish's site http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Chris" <chrispknight@aol.com> wrote in message news:dfd501c3f0c0$9b5fcdc0$a101280a@phx.gbl... ...

Copying the column heading into all non-empty cells #4
Once again - thanks so much Gord! I really appreciate it! That's worke perfectly - I've got it exactly how I wanted it now. And you'v introduced me to VB - I would never have figured all that out on m own. Will have to try and learn a bit! Cheers for all your help - it' really helped me out! Lizzy -- Lizzy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LizzyD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1617 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27606 ...