Previous Excel Files

You know how Excel lists the four most recently used
workbooks under the "File" menu for easy access. Well I
have lost this feature everytime I closed down Excel and
open it again. Is there a way of switching this feature on
& off? Would appreciate anyone's help.

Hi

Yes there is a way to switch it off and on...

Go to Tools>Options>General tab. There is a checkbox for Recently Used
File List and a box for number of files to list.

Please note that when you switch it back on it will only list the files
you open/save from now on so it will not list recent files opened/saved
before checking the box.

Tom
tools>options>general>settings
"GeorgeP" <gcpaulides@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> You know how Excel lists the four most recently used
> workbooks under the "File" menu for easy access. Well I
> have lost this feature everytime I closed down Excel and
> open it again. Is there a way of switching this feature on
> & off? Would appreciate anyone's help.

0
Don
9/6/2003 11:43:32 AM
You can also alter the number of recent files to show - up to a max of 9

--
Regards
                   Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL2K & XLXP

  Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference

"GeorgeP" <gcpaulides@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2f2501c3746d$76fb8c00$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> Thanks to Tom & Don. Appreciate your help.
>
> George

0
ken.wright (2489)

Excel bar graph with two axes
I'm trying to set up a chart with four series on two Y-axes (two series on each). I can do that, but I get the two series of one axis superimposed over the two series of the other axis. Is there a way to have all four bars display next to each other (the way they do if it's just one axis) but scaled to the two axes? I'm guessing you want something like this http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html "Ben-Head" <BenHead@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8375E48D-2A95-4727-9D72-AAF2E6919992@microsoft.com... > I'm try...

Excel Chart and Data to PPT
HI! Experts Is it possible with macro to Copy Chart and Range from the Sheets to PPT Means, i have one Workbook With 150 Charts and there data in Different Sheets that means 150 sheet in a workbook. Note- Sheet 1 data Range is A1:B10. I make the Pie Chart in the Same Sheet. My Chart in the Same Sheet in All Sheets i.e 150 Sheets Now, i want to copy these chart and range and Paste into PPT. Chart will Paste to ( Click to Add Title ) portion. And Range Will Paste to (Click to Add Text) Is it Possible with Macro or VBA or i have to go Manually Thanks In Advance Hardeep kanwar ...

Formatting cells in Excel with Ascending/Descending order
I am trying to insert a drop down asceding/descending arrow in the cell of the excel document. When you click on the arrow which is a small box on the right side of the cell, it will organize all figures/data in that column and you can choose between ascending/descending, or how you want to organize it. Thank you -- Andrew ...

Outlook 2002 PRF File
Hi All, I have an environment where Outlook 2002 clients talk to a corporate SMTP server. I've got a PRF file and written scripts to customise fields for case sensitivity, etc but there is one field I cannot seem to get access to..."Schedule an automatic Send/Receive every x minutes". This is very frustrating as everything works perfectly except for this field. I want to have as little user interaction as possible when Outlook is configured for the first time. Can anyone offer any assistance with this? I have a vbscript that runs when the user logs in which generates a cus...

Huge Files Dont Know Why
Hello, I would appreciate any input on this matter. Not sure if anyone has experienced anything like this before. The file starts out being around 1meg just a few sheets with lots of VBA code, when the macro is done it deletes all the VBA code. There are no formulas, I tried deleting all sheets in the workbook, just leaving one and even deleting all data. Still I get huge file sizes. around 850KB, not sure what is taking up the space. Thank You! One possibility, try Crl-End to see where the last used cell is, it occurred to me that if the whole sheet or a large part of it is non b...

Create a report from different files
I need to create a report from several files with different names but from the same cells in each file and paste them into a new file with the information in specific locations and then calculate for totals etc... How do I direct Excel to get the information? There may be a changing umber of files but they will always be in the same folder. Tom Tom, What version of Excel do you work with? "Tom Velnosky" wrote: > I need to create a report from several files with different names but from > the same cells in each file and paste them into a new file with the > informa...

Automatically renumbering in an excel cell
I have a list of about 300 items. How do I set the Numbers up so that if I delete something at the top of the list, the rest of the numbers automatically renumber? How about formula =ROW() -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please "Madi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:06954583-58DC-40FA-A77A-E10C7E1E29BA@microsoft.com... > I have a list of about 300 items. How do I set the Numbers up so that if I delete something at the top of the list, the rest of the numbers automatically renumber? The problem is that I didn't star...

Importing Excel data into Outlook 2007
I have been trying to import data saved to an excel workbook but when I go through the normal import process this is what I get as an error message. Does anyone have the answer as to how to name the data range in excel?? An error has occurred in the Microsoft excel 97-2003 translator while getting the contents of a file system. The microsoft Excel 97-2003 file C:\User\Terry Daw|documents \Morelsoftware\Sales Force\contact.xls Has no maned ranges. Use Microsoft 97-2003 to name the range of data you want to import. The error message tells you exactly what is wrong - you have no named = rang...

Excel charts copy / paste crops the images
Hi. I have had the following behaviour on several computers: I need to create an array of 6 charts in an excel worksheet, select all of them, copy, paste special into Word. The problem is that the whole figure is not copied and the right-hand edge comes out cropped. - any ideas? ...

Excel Problem: Cursur disappears over Sheet
I have rescently had a spreadsheet sent to me with a price list with macros which ran very well. Since that time my cursor disappears when it is over a sheet but reappears when the mouse is moved to the top menu or the side bar. It must be a macro problem. (?? Virus). I have run an updated Nortons Antivirus check with no viruses found. This must be an Excel macro error. Can anyone help me to correct this problem? ...

a class of ini file . you are very easy to write or read from an ini file.
Hi, I have wrotten a class of ini file operating. As following, Pls give me advise. You can add this class to your project to read or to write . +++++++++++++The head file.++++++++++++++++++ // IniFilesDef.h: interface for the CIniFile class. // ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// #if !defined(AFX_INIFILES_IMP_H__810C0A02_A7DF_4D48_A32E_033ADAF59235__INCLUDED_ ) #define AFX_INIFILES_IMP_H__810C0A02_A7DF_4D48_A32E_033ADAF59235__INCLUDED_ #if _MSC_VER > 1000 #pragma once #endif // _MSC_VER > 1000 typedef int INT ; typedef struct { } INIITEMS;...

Cant open file in publisher 2003
I just installed publisher 2003 and SP2. I created a 2 page web page and saved it. When I went to open it, I got the message, CANT FIND PATH TO FILE. The file is listed in the open dialog box. The help message said it could be due to virus protection. I tried disabling virus protection, updating virus protection. nothing worked. I created a web page on a known good system, when I took it to my puter on CD I got the same error. Please help me. Any suggestions? Can you open Publisher? Does the folder where the document is filed have a long file name? More than 256 characters? Wha...

Restoring outlook files to new hard drive
I have had XP installed along with a new hard drive. However, outlook will not open in my old hard drive so that I can access all my data in the contact lists. Help Install Outlook on your new harddrive. Then configure your mail account in Oulook. Locate your pst-file on your old harddrive (include hidden folders in your search) and copy it to a more convinient location like My Documents\Outlook To access your pst-file in your newly installed Outlook; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... To set it as the default delivery location; Tools-> E-mail Accounts...-> button Next-&g...

adding spouse's account to the existing money file
Hi, I want to add ( or create) a spouse account. As some of the features in money does require the account holder like in Retirement account, I have to specify the account holder. Till now we donot havd any problems as both use joint chequing, savings, credit accounts. Even the assets are also joint. So till now we had not have any problem so created as single account holder but when retirement accounts come into picture I have different account and she has a different account. But for now both specified as belongs to me, but that doesnot resolve the issue. Is there any way I can create...

Avi files in powerpoint
Hi all and sorry to be a nuisance I'm trying to run echo clips made as avi files in powerpoint 2007. I have the clips saved on a memory stick and can run the files in WMP with no prblems however once inserted in to powerpoint it doesn't play but gives me a black page. Have tried searching for solutions on many fora without success. I've even downloaded PFC Media but its still not working. I'm running out of time. Any ideas?? Can you try to re encode your avi file into ...an avi file? (no it's not stupid) I use SUPER (free) for that...And maybe it will...

Updating Excel Worksheet
I have an Excel worksheet that I created from a flat file and then added some other information. Is there any way to take a new flat file (updated info) and merge it into the worksheet? If so how would I deal with dups. ...

I cannot save excel or powerpoint files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Hi, I am desperate for some help. I have the new macbook and I am having trouble with Office 2008. It will let me open new files (cant preview existing ones) but it won't let me save Excel or powerpoint files. It says there may be many reasons such as " the file name or path name does not exist" or " it may have the same name as another " blah blah blah. Anyway, I have installed a legit version of office, and it didn't work, so i uninstalled it, and downloaded a ms trial version. After 8 different atte...

how to compile ".hh" file?
Hi, I am having ".... No compile tool is associated with the file extention" message when I try to compile a .hh file. (I am using VC 6.0 ) What should i do. Thanks.. Kerim -- On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:22:48 +0300, Kerim ISIK wrote: > Hi, > I am having ".... No compile tool is associated with the file extention" > message when I try to compile a .hh file. (I am using VC 6.0 ) What should i > do. If I remember correctly is this a 'standard' that is used on Unix. I.e. to separate C++ from C they use ..cc ..hh for C++ and ..c ..h for C In our little W...

Importing existing XSD schema file into Visual Studio 2005
Question: What's the "canonical" way to import an existing XSD schema file into VS2005 in such a way that I can use standard C# object / property techniques to create content of that schema type and ultimately generate an XML file based on that schema? Background: I've been given an XSD file by a 3rd party. I need to generate XML files based on that schema. Note that is ***not*** for web service interaction - just creation of on-disk XML files. I can easily enough do an "Add Existing Item..." into VS, and I can open the schema up in the designer. But that doesn'...

How do I set a date function for previous monthend?
I know you can create a =NOW() function to give a date stamp to a file. Is it also possible to have excel return the previous monthend date? Try: =EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1) This function is part of the Analysis ToolPak add-in. If you do not click Tools, and then click Add-ins to install and enable the Analysis ToolPak add-in, the formula will return a #VALUE error. You will also receive a #VALUE error if either of the function arguments is nonnumeric. "JDP289" wrote: > I know you can create a =NOW() function to give a date stamp to a file. Is it > also possible to have exce...

Excel Leading Zeros
Hi, I'm recreating a "transID" made up of year,month, date,branch, transaction number in the mainframe. The excel data contains all these fields, but I've had to use format>cells>custom>00000 to ensure the transaction number has leading zeros. I'm trying to concatenate these fields, but the transaction number reverts back no leading zeros, so what should be 2006010511100123, looks like 200615111123. I need to exactly replicate the "transID" Any ideas ? Rich Build it up in pieces formatting each piece the way you want: dim myStr as string mystr =...

How to customize the Office / Excel 2007 Theme Colors
Hi NG, Any idea how to customize the Office / Excel 2007 Theme Colors - Color Graduations? When you define Theme Colors you can define the base color for color Graduations, BUT there is not way to find out (a) how the color graduations are calculated, and (b) how to customize the color graduations Thanks, Andreas ...

MDE files what are they exactly?
Do they require Access installed on the host machine to run? Do they need to be installed into the registry? Do they need other files to run? Thanks hi Avid, On 07.04.2010 11:23, Avid Fan wrote: > Do they require Access installed on the host machine to run? Yes. Or at least the Access runtime. > Do they need to be installed into the registry? No. > Do they need other files to run? Depends on the file itself as it may reference others. A *.mde is the same as a *.mdb without code in source. So it contains only the compiled code of forms, reports or modul...

can't sum up items i cut&paste from access to excel..
i can't sum up no.'s i cut&paste from access to excel. excel recognizes the correctly cut&paste values as "zero" and so when i add up the columns, i get a zero for the total. They have probably come across as text rather than numbers. In a spare column you can enter the formula: =VALUE(A1) assuming your data starts in cell A1, then copy this down for the extent of your data. Highlight all the cells with this formula in, then click copy | Edit | Paste Special | Values | OK and press <enter>, then copy all these cells to overwrite the data in column A. You ...

Populate Exchange public folder with contacts from txt file
I have just set up a new Exchange 2003 server, and i would like to make available to all users a number of external email contatcs that i have in a text file. The process of importing contacts to Public Folder should be repeated periodically (let's say weekly), and should not be made by manual user interaction, but programmatically. Being new to the Exchange word I cannot find any way to do this, and all the hints i did find involve the use of the outlook client with cut&paste or drag&drop of contacts. Any help appreciated Best regards Francesco I suppose a script could do...