Prevent wandering users

Is there a way that I can 'lock' a sheet to prevent users from scrolling to
the right or down the page?  I'd like to keep them on the form I've created
and not let them move to the right or down at all.

thanks

~cr
0
cindee1 (6)

If you hide all columns to the right and all rows below, the user can only
move around within the visible cells. You would need to protect the worksheet
so that can't change the hidden status.

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:46:09 -0700, cindee <cindee@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Is there a way that I can 'lock' a sheet to prevent users from scrolling to
>the right or down the page?  I'd like to keep them on the form I've created
>and not let them move to the right or down at all.
>
>thanks
>
>~cr
0
anonymous (74722)
10/5/2005 7:13:34 PM
Tools | Protect Sheet (and limit users to selecting "Unlocked" cells only)

Make sure you've formatted the cells they're allowed to edit to "Unlock"
them...

"cindee" wrote:

> Is there a way that I can 'lock' a sheet to prevent users from scrolling to
> the right or down the page?  I'd like to keep them on the form I've created
> and not let them move to the right or down at all.
>
> thanks
>
> ~cr
0
BekkiM (14)

Problems migrating users from E2K to E2K03
Having problems when I try to move a mailbox over to Exchange 2003 server from a Exchange 2000 SP3 everything seems to go fine other than the fact that now when sending e-mail I receive "The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address." I have no problems when I create a mailbox for a user on the E2k03 box, but when it comes up to moving a maibox it does not seem to go as smooth. Stumped Al Hi Al, It sounds like some of the attributes for the user...

Current User Name
Hi All, I have written a simple application for my company and it all worded fine until the tried to run it using Terminal Server. The problem is now the users do not have permission to create registry keys in HKCU. I am planning to store the information in the database (which teh application connects to anyway). My plan is to hold the required entries in a user table and use the current users logon details to identify them. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to get the name of the current user and or their logon detials (obviously not the password though). TIA John Theone >C...

User-Defined 1 and 2 in Ship-To Address ID
Hello: In the Ship-To Address window, there are two user-defined fields. Where do the labels for these two fields come from? Thanks! childofthe1980s The labels are static text and cannot be changed via the user interface. You could use Modifier to change them. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not neces...

Show enums with a user defined text in property grid?
Hello out there, for a variable of type 'enum' the property grid displays the symbolic name of the enum value. I would like to replace (for the property grid) e.g. true/false with On/Off or 'RdParam' with 'Read parameter' and things like this. Can this be done? I found http://blogs.msdn.com/abhinaba/archive/2005/10/20/483000.aspx but it doesn't work for the property grid. Any hint or link will be greatly appreciated. Best regards Helmut Giese Helmut Giese wrote: > Any hint or link will be greatly appreciated. Maybe this article could h...

Question about removing users from distribution groups
Hello all, I have a question in regards to distribution groups in Exchange 2003. When I disable an active directory/Exchange mailbox I have to go into each distribution group and remove the user from each one manually. Is there a way to have the user removed from all groups with one step. I hope this makes sense. Thanks! On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:42:26 -0800, Mike B <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello all, > >I have a question in regards to distribution groups in Exchange 2003. When I >disable an active directory/Exchange mailbox I have to go into each >...

Prevent clicking on a cell

blog for Visio users
I've created a blog that has information for Visio users, if you wanted to check it out. I post fairly regularly on a range of topics. Visio Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/mailant -- Mai-lan Visio, Microsoft Corp This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Hi, Glad the Blog is here. I must be doing something wrong. When I click on the new button the pop down gives me choices. If I hit Comments, I can comment. If I hit question i get re-prompted. I am a new user and I am having a terrible time. I can drag a shape from the stencil to my drawing. ...

Domain Users Rules dont work
Windows 2000 Pro Outlook 2002 when a user creates a rule it only creates a clint side rule and will not work unless they go into Rules Wizard and run the rule. I am able to create rules but I am a member of the admin group. Seems like some permission problems. Can anyone give me a suggestion? Thanks in advance Windows 2000 Server AD Windows 2000 Pro, office 2002 Pro what is the rule? some rules are client side and others are server side - while you can force some server rules to the client, you can't force clients to be server rules. http://www.slipstick.com/rules/serverbased.ht...

Hide User ID
Does anyone know of any setting within the Dex.ini file or other that will not display the "Last logged in User iD" when logging into Great plains. Since they use Citrix they would not like to see this User ID. Thanks, Dennis. I don't know of a way to change the behavior to not update dex.ini. However, another idea would be to create user-specific dex.ini files. These files would be named dex.ini and would be located in the user's profile folder on the Citrix server machine. They should have a Windows folder in their profile and the dex.ini would be in that folder. ...

Forwarding blocks Mails to user.
SBS 2003 I setup a new contact in the AD to with an email address of admin@user.freeserve.co.uk, I then went into the users properties, exchange general, delivery option, added the contact and put a tick in delivery message to both. Now the user receives no mail! I checked in tracking and it reports an NDR was generetated. Help! -- Kind Regards John. "John please don't spam me!" <Johnpleasedontspamme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >SBS 2003 > >I setup a new contact in the AD to with an email address of >admin@user.freeserve.co.uk, I then went into...

User defined fields
How can I rename a user-defined field that I set up in my Contacts file? And how can I delete a user-defined field that I no longer need? Q1: - Renaming UDF A1: - No facility within Outlook Q2 - Deleting UDFs A2 - There is a short and a little longer answer to this. Short answer: to actually delete a UDF from individual contacts that contain a value for a specific field, you must delete each UDF on a contact by contact basis Expanded version: Any UDF added to a contact item will be added to the "User-defined fields in folder" list. Deleting a UDF from this list d...

Grant view only access to all users calendars
Is there any way with exchange 2003 to grant all users read only access to everyone else's calendars. Apperently this was configured on the old 5.5 server that we migrated the users from but it no longer works under exchange 2003. I could get all users to grant access individually but I would prefer if there was a centralized way of doing this. Any ideas. Permissions on just calendars (individual folders) cannot be set from the Exchange server - it must be set at the client level. Perhaps you had read permissions set to the entire mailbox on the old server? If not, you might wan...

Allow user to run a macro in protected mode
I want to let other users of my spreadsheet to run a macro in protected mode. The macro runs the filter for a big spreadsheet and I want to keep the protection on but let users run the simple macro that hides the blank lines with auto-filters. Users get Run-time error 1004 when they click on my macro icon The cells you are manipulating have to be unprotected during the manipulation. You can do this by putting this piece of code at the beginning of your macro. Dim Code Code = "password" Worksheets("sheetname).Unprotect (PrivCode) Then at the end of your code put this Wo...

Users name in 9.0
I have just updated my company to 9.0. I realize that the users name is now case sensitive. However, How can I see what the user name is stored as? I have user name "Jack" in the Tools - System - Users menu, but his case sensitive name to log in is "jack". If he tries to capitalize his name, the system gives him an error. I would like to see what the system is validating the users name to so that I can help users know what the correct user name is. To be clear, it is the id that the user enters when logging into GP, not the name. Are you saying that the id...

CRM Add New User Error
Problem: My Administrator Account for CRM cannot add new users. I've started to get this error: you do not have sufficient access rights or privileges to perform this action. On top of that, it is the only account I have that should be able to perform this action. I was able to add user before with no problem, now all of a sudden it just started to give me this error. Anyone have this problem or knows how to fix it? Thanks! Deon you sure it has a CRM license and has the sysadmin role? -Gary "Deon" <wallace_deon@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9bc542fd.0309220430.404...

CRM 3.0 Hide reports option for user
I have a very limited user (not restricted access as they have to be able to modify data) I've turned off access in security roles to all but what they need but their CRM access still shows reports and a list of all the reports. They can't run the reports but I'd prefer the option not to be there at all. Is that possible? You can change this in the sitemap.config file. Either remove the report node alltogether or add a privilege subnode (<Privilege Entity="activitypointer" Privilege="Read" />) with an entity to which the specified user has no acces...

Opening another user's folder via VB
Hi there, We're using OL2002 with Exchange2000. I need to be able to open another user's folder from a Visual Basic COM Add-In (specifically his Calendar folder), without having to add the other user's mailbox via the Advanced exchange settings (which goes into the folders list). Does anyone know how to do it? Much obliged, Uri. Please post to only 1 or 2 groups. Use the NameSpace.GetSharedDefaultFolder method and make sure your login has permissions on the mailbox folder. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Progra...

Users suddenly able to modify the same documents at the same time.
We have a group of 4 investers sharing a set of spreadsheets. All of a sudden yesterday they were all able to open the documents at the same time without getting the messages about "read only" because it was open by another user. Today everything is back to normal. No network changes, and the documents are set correctly (i.e. not checked) in Share Workbook. Help!!! This is the group that always has problems nobody else experiences, and somehow they always believe "something changed on the network". - Can the "share workbook" be applied to the who...

Unable to get email w/o entering user name / passwrd each time
I recently reloaded Outlook 2000 on to a new PC machine running WIndows XP - home edition. I configured a new email account using standard procedures, now everytime I want to send / receive email I'm prompted to enter my user name and password. Even though all the (save password) boxes are checked, Outlook requires me to re-enter each time. I'm also encountering the same problem on select websites where the user name / password has been selected for memory. Any ideas? ...

disable file>open>users other folder
I have Exchange server and Outlook as a client. I would like to disable in Outlook the file->open->Other users folder. I have not found a way to disable this on the Exchange server or on Outlook. Any help would be great. As long as you don't grant them permission to other's folder then why worry about this? you could try the office resource kit and maybe at least hide that from the file menu. I assume users are granting eachother permissions here and you want that to stop? You might also be able to remove the right to edit permissions to 'self' on the mailbox. &q...

remove Outlook from startup for 'limited' user, but keep it for 'A
As admin user, I want Outlook to open when I startup, but another user on my computer doesn't want Outlook to open upon startup. I'm sure it's a simple fix, but when I've tried to eliminate it from his startup, it won't allow me to...indicating that the file's in use, or write protected,, etc. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, :-) Lo LoLo <LoLo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > As admin user, I want Outlook to open when I startup, but another > user on my computer doesn't want Outlook to open upon startup. I'm > sure...

outlook set up second user email
have set up a second user account in Outlook XP 2002 but having probs. I have the bigpond account name etc but when dialling out get message 691 message of username or password invalid. thxs ...

User Doesn't receive any external email
Interesting problem that I have no clue how to fix. I have a user who seems unable to receive any email sent from an extenal source. She can receive email from internal exchange users. I did send her a test email and received a delivery receipt, however the email is not visible via Outlook. On a lark, I tried viewing her box via OWA and the results were the same. The account settings appear to be okay, unless I was missing a really obvious setting. Any help would be appreciated. Try using Advanced Find facility. Also, do you get NDR when sending message to her from outside? What if you reply...

Distribution Lists don't show in "Member Of" tab in Users & Comput
DL membership is only showing on some computers. It does not matter what DC is attached. It is not permissions related--the same user can see the membership on one computer and not on another. All DL groups were imported through Active Directory Connector as part of the migration from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. DL membership is not hidden on any of these groups. For example, on my computer I see the DL groups listed in the "Member Of" tab. On the Exchange 2003 server itself, logged in as me, it doesn't show any DL groups in the "Member Of" tab for a user....

Determine if user is a member of a group in Access security
I need to be able to determine if a user is a member of the "Update Data Users" Access security group and if they are then I'll allow them to see more command buttons on my form. The code would be something like the following: If current user is in "Update Data Users" group then Me.cmdEditRecord.Visible = True else Me.cmdEditRecord.Visible = False end if Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, LDMueller Function IsUserInGroup(strUser As String, strGroup As String) As Boolean Dim varDummy As Variant On Error Resume Next varDummy = ...