Prevent formats from copying

Hello.  This is probably a really elementary question, but I just cannot work
it out.
When filling in cells by dragging (in any direction), I want the data to
appear but not the fill colours, etc.
I've hunted high and low and cannot fathom  how to prevent this from
happening.
This happens in every file, so I'm guessing it's a general option.

Help, anyone?
:)
0
Weirdism (1)

If you rightclick and drag that autofill button, you'll see some options when
you let go.

There's an option (at least in xl2003) that shows "fill without formatting".

--

Dave Peterson
0

Conditional formatting: If text or If date?
I have a spreadsheet that tracks reports. In a far right-hand column, I have a cell for when a re-write is submitted. I put an "X" in the cell when a re-write is needed, and the date submitted when it's turned in. I'd like to put some conditional formatting on the report number cell so it becomes one color if there's an "X" in the re-write cell, and another color if there's a date in the re-write cell. Is this possible? Ed Select report number cell Menu Format>Conditional Formatting Change Condition 1 to Formula Is Add a formula of =M1="X"...

Userform Textbox Format Problem
I'm having a problem with the formatting of a textbox on a userform. Basically, I have the text box linked to a cell that shows a percentage. However the text box shows the value in the "Scientific" format. Is there a way that I can make the text box show the value exactly as I have it in my workbook? If not, is there a way to format it so that it appears the way I want it to appear? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Maybe you could just drop the linked cell (called the controlsource in a userfor...

CELL FORMATTING #9
WHY IS MY CELL FORMAT AT WORK DISPLAYED PROPERLY AS -1,500.OO IS DISPLAYED AS (1,500.00) AND WHEN i DO IT AT HOME Ii CANNOT GET THE CLOSEST I GOT IS -1,500.00 is there a diffence between the formatting cell options between Excel's programs.. Thanx. Hi Bumpa! Excel takes it from your Windows Regional options. Use: Start > Settings > Control Panel > Regional options Change the negative number format You'll find that you now have () options. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classific...

Copying only report sheets
Hi: Happy new year. I created a MS excel workbook which has 4 data sheets and 4 report sheets. Each report sheet links to each data sheet. Now I want to create another workbook that will show only the 4 report sheets. How can I do it in VB code? Agin, in each report sheet, I copy and paste data from data sheet and thus each report points to individual data sheet. Workbookname: ctces sheet names:dat1,rep1,dat2,rep2,dat3,rep3,dat4,rep4 Best wishes and thanks -- jesmin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jesmin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/me...

NUMBER FORMAT #9
CREATE A NEW NUMBER FORMAT SO THAT THE SELECTED DATES WILL APPEAR ONLY AS THE FULL NAME OF THE DAYS OF THE WEEK. ...

Conditional Formatting Problem #7
Is there a way to make conditonal formatting work when there is a formula in the cell? Conditional foramtting works if there is no formula in the cell. If one sheet is linked to another that doesn't work either. Is there a way to get around this? Under conditonal formatting there is a conditon "formula is." What would you put in there to have the cell format they you would like? There are two different things: a) the cell, containing a cell formula, a value or nothing b) the condition, containing a boolean formula (formula is) - b) can refer to a), but a) referring to a...

Can not get Excel macros to save chart format -lost in space!
Help??? I've been searching this forum for 5 days trying to find a problem similar to what I am having without any luck. I have been trying to use Excel macro to record the creation, formating and saving of a simple bar chart against my Excel data range but the macros do not run for the chart. I am able to creat the charts okay but the macro craps out when I run it. I keep getting " Set ActiveChart = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(Chart1)" type errors as if it's not recognizing the chart that I just made. I am an advanced Excel person BUT not so with VB coding. ...

How to prevent item changed in a CListCtrl?
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I have a CListCtrl in a Detailed View. Below the CListCtrl there are a few CEdits to display the value of each column. So it's kind of the data form. I need to do like this: If users has changed one of the CEdits BUT they haven't save the data and they want to change the selected item of the CListCtrl to other item, a confirmation message will appear to ask if the data they have been changed to be saved or not. There are 3 options: Yes: the data change is saved and the current focus is on the item user desired. No : the data change is NOT saved and th...

What graphic format?
Are the graphs that Excel make Metafiles, Bitmaps, or are they Vector graphics? -- Siberian ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Siberian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25361 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389050 ...

Conditional Formatting #4
Hello All How would one go about conditional formatting Sheet 2 A1 if Sheet 1 A1 said TRUE ?? Thanks in advance Ian ...

Copy data between access databases with slightly different structures
If I have 2 databases with some differences in table structure, 1 is fully populated and the other empty, how can I copy only the matching fields data from one to the other? Are there any utilities available for this? See if this is what you want. Open one database and create a link to the table in the other database. Then create an append query. You can choose the fields you want to append, leaving the other fields alone and/or use criteria to chose what records you want to append. -- Joseph E. Meehan 26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math "Partha Mandayam" <partha@partha...

Formatting toolbar disappeared: Reposted, no answer
This issue still has not been resolved. The thread seems to have dropped, so I am reposting it. Below are the previous answers: Thanks, -- df ------------------------------------------------------------- Can't use Word as editor, still using Office 2000. Waiting for next version. HTML is the default mail format. New message | Right click on toolbar | No "Formatting" toolbar is listed. "Standard" and "Customize" are the only choices. That is the problem. Why does it not appear on the list? Thanks, -- df "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com&...

help needed with repeated copy/paste special
[image: http://home.cogeco.ca/~rbhayana/backload.gif] [image: http://home.cogeco.ca/~rbhayana/mastertable.gif] I ran into a lot of work and am wondering if anyone can help me out. Help would be greatly appreciated because going thru 19272 records for copying and pasting is driving me insane. :mad: These are the 2 files I'm dealing with (see pictures above). Top one is backload file and the one underneath is mastertable. As you can see, FundataKey is common to both files. The values of Fundatakey are not repeated in mastertable however are repeated in the backload file. What...

Copy data from Word macro to excel
I am working on a combined Word and Excel sheet (Both 2000 version) What I am trying to do is capture information in Word in an Userform The information that is entered in the form is then used to fill out word document that can be send to a customer. However this information also needs to be entered into an excel sheet currently that is done manually. But I would like to automate that wit a macro. The data that is being captured is in the following form: -If bolOKButtonPressed Then WordBasic.SetDocumentProperty "ProjectTitle", 0 UserForm1.ProjectTitle.Value, 2 WordBasic.SetD...

select and copy files
I have a table that has following fields: 1) account number 2)assiciated file name and 3) description of file 4) file path. Filenames are formatted as account number with 2 digit alphanumeric code following (i.e. 12345a2, 67890b1) table has approximately 300,000 records each associated with one of 130,000 unique account numbers. Goal is to select and copy to new destination only those files associated with a subset (approc 100,000) of 130,000 unique account numbers. Inversely, I could copy all 300,000 files then select and delete those associated with the 30,000 account numbers. any...

Force English formatting
I have an application used by both English and European clients. This is significant because often when European clients are entering Data into the TextBoxes, they will accidentally enter it in the format that they are used to: 1,000.00 in EU formatting = 1.000,00. This of course screws up my whole application. How should I go about safe-guarding this from happening? More Info: What I'm looking for is not a way to safe-guard entering the info in the TxtBox wrong, but more of a way to convert it if it is sitting in the cell wrong upon Worksheet Open... Some European clients enter d...

Matching Columns in work sheets and copying both rows to new
I am trying to match up two different spread sheets based on one column but to copy both rows to a new sheet. eg. First sheet has the following headings: "Owner Group " "Owner CC " "Type " "Product Categorization Tier 2 " "Product Categorization Tier 3 " "Device Name " "Status " "Model Number " "Mfg. Name " "CI ID " "Old Asset ID " "Serial Number " "Region " "Country " "Site " "Building " "Floor " "...

need some help with: formatting of x2 dates in 1 cell
Hi and thanks to anyone who reads this. I have a worksheet which contains two columns of dates. In a second worksheet i have a column which adds the two dates together as TEXT and ommits dates which are blank which works perfectly, however: I would like to know how i could format each of the 2 dates in the 1 cell to have different font colors? Here is my existing cell formula: =IF('Data'!E2=0,"",(TEXT('Data'!E2,"dd/mm/yy"))&" "&IF('Data'!F2=0,"",TEXT('Data'!F2,"dd/mm/yy"))) I have a feeling its not...

cell format update problem #2
say, c1, c2 is formatted as text. and a1,a2,b1, b2 are formatted as general. a1=1,a2=2, b1=1, b2 =2 and I entered c1 =a1+b1, c1 shows =a1+a2 as it is, not 3. I drag the corner of c1 and copy c1 to c2, c2 is a2+b2, So I have to F2 and enter all the cells, c1, c2. Is there a way other than "F2" and "Enter"? Consider formating c1 and c2 as general. Good Luck. "news.microsoft.com" wrote: > say, > c1, c2 is formatted as text. > and a1,a2,b1, b2 are formatted as general. > > a1=1,a2=2, b1=1, b2 =2 > > and I entered c1 =a1+b1, > c1 shows...

Two different formats for same document
I print scripts onto 8x5 index cards, landscape. I'd like to be able to print a copy of the script, two pages per sheet, onto 8.5x11 paper for editing purposes. The index card page breaks are important to know in the editing. Any ideas? I use MS Word 2008 for Mac. I can't give you explicit directions without more details but I believe you should find your solution in the Print dialog. There should be nothing you have to change in your document itself. In the Print dialog open the Copies & pages list, select Layout. Choose 2 in the 'Pages per Sheet' lis...

Negative Number Formats
Can anyone help? I have Excel 2003 and despite setting=20 all regional options correctly and specifying number=20 formats as (99), (=A399) etc I still can't get Excel to=20 display them in parentheses. I seem to remember from=20 Excel XP that you have to install/uninstall=20 certain "foreign" language options but can't remember=20 what. Please e-mail if you have the key! Thanks I'd double check that windows setting: Windows Start button|settings|control panel|Regional Settings Currency Tab|Negative Number Format (that was the path I used in Win98.) Paul Handley wro...

Date Format Changed when convert to Excel
Dear All, there is a problem that when i convert the text file to excel then date formart for the first 12 dates have been changed with "/" sepreator and other remains with "-" that creates a lot of problem please help to reslove the issue. On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:27:06 -0700, Ather <sohail.ather@paktel.com> wrote: >Dear All, > >there is a problem that when i convert the text file to excel then >date formart for the first 12 dates have been changed with "/" >sepreator and other remains with "-" that creates a lot of problem >pl...

Excel 2003 List Formatting
Good Morning. When I enter a new row of record in a List, the values I enter take on the alignment of the headers, which are left indent 1. I would like the values to right indent 2 as I enter the values. How can I do this? Thanks, Ron Instead of entering a blank new row, copy a complete existing row with the correct alignment. Click on the row number above which you want the new row; then hold down Ctrl and press the + key on the numeric keyboard. Then enter the correct data in the pasted row. "Ron_D" <Ron_D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86CE38F9...

[$-409] in Custom Number Formats
Hello All, I've seen [$-409] in some number formats and I was looking through the help files to see if I could find out what it means. I couldn't find anything on it. I've also seen [$-F800]. Does anyone know what these codes are for or where I can find info telling me what they are for and any others that can be used? Thanks for any help anyone can provide, Conan Kelly This was covered in the Daily Dose of Excel blog about a month ago: http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/archives/2006/02/27/months-of-the-world/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Techn...

Prevent data entry if another field contains data
I need code to prevent data entry into Form Field B if Form Field A has data in it? Access version is 97. Thanks Ron Ron, I would put this code in the Forms Current event, so that as soon as you move to a record, it will do this. I would also put it in the AfterUpdate event of the control that is bound to [Field A] on your form. This assumes that [Field B] is a textbox with the name txt_FieldB me.txt_FieldB.Locked = (LEN(me.txt_FieldA & "") > 0) The code on the right of the equal sign will evaluate to be either True or False, depending on whether there is a value ...