Preserving Cell Formats in Excel Query

I am doing queries on a large workbook of multiple Excel spreadsheets.  When I query the data, the original data formats don't carry through to the query results.  Is there a way to carry original formatting through to Excel Query results

Any insight would be appreciated

Karen S
0
anonymous (74722)

No, you can import the data, but not the formats. If you're importing
programmatically, you could apply the formatting as part of the import
procedure.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
11/25/2003 9:11:57 PM
Thank you, Debra, for responding

Even though it wasn't what I wanted to hear......

Karen S
0
anonymous (74722)

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

conditional formatting sort

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

learning Excel #3

default values in a cell

nested OR in queries
I have a table that has 20 date fields for each record. I need to select any record that has a matching date in at least one of those fields so it becomes a huge OR in a query and I have noticed that I am limited to 9 in a query. Is there a way to do this efficiently or will I need multiple queries to test all 20 date fields? If your table uses multiple date fields, the first thing you'll want to consider is coming up with a new table! In a spreadsheet, adding 20 date fields may be the only way to handle a situation, but you won't get the best use of Access' features and funct...

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Excel VBA

number format with leading 0

Any way to open an excel file directly to a worksheet?
I am building an application with an icon that launches an excel file when clicked. Is there any way I can open the file directly to a specified worksheet? The names of the worksheet are fixed and so is the file, so I am guessing adding some parameter after the filename should do the trick. Any help will be appreciated. Regards Sid -- skiddyrow ------------------------------------------------------------------------ skiddyrow's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=386335 Hey...

View Null Results in Query
i have an access 2003 query SELECT [AlarmData Table Filtered By 60 Min Trip].[Event Type], [AlarmData Table Filtered By 60 Min Trip].State, DateSerial(Year([Date/Time*]),Month([Date/Time*]),Day([Date/Time*])) AS [Date], TimeSerial(Hour([Date/Time*]),Minute([Date/Time*]),0) AS TimePeriod, Count(*) AS Total FROM [AlarmData Table Filtered By 60 Min Trip] GROUP BY [AlarmData Table Filtered By 60 Min Trip].[Event Type], [AlarmData Table Filtered By 60 Min Trip].State, DateSerial(Year([Date/Time*]),Month([Date/Time*]),Day([Date/Time*])), TimeSerial(Hour([Date/Time*]),Minute([Date/...