PowerPivot Beta

If you have not seen PowerPivot you might want to check it out.  It's the
collaboration between the Excel and SQL teams in Office 2010. If you use
Pivots today, you will love what PowerPivot can do for you.

The public beta of PowerPivot is about to be released.  To sign up, go to
http://powerpivot.com

For lots of information, walkthrus, and demos, go to
http://powerpivotpro.com - my personal site.

-Rob Collie (former Excel Lead Program Manager and current member of the
PowerPivot team)

Outlook 2003 beta expired, export/import function locked
My Outlook 2003 beta has expired and I have the full version ready to install, but the export/import feature has been locked in the beta version. How can I export my folders and files? Is there a way to unlock it? Or does the installation of the full version automatically transfer all my data into Outlook 2003, meaning I don't have to save the files before starting the installation? Does this help? http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2003.htm#betaexp Lime wrote: > My Outlook 2003 beta has expired and I have the full version ready to > install, but the export/import feature has been...

Dialer Failing Under VB2010 beta
Posted this under vb.controls in error and am now reposting here, before I get chewed out over there<g>. I did so indicate in the vb.controls newsgroup. Richard Grier helped me port the code, below, from using MSCOMM32.OCX to using the Serial Port object in VB8. It has worked fine under VB8 for a couple of years. I just compiled under VB2010 beta and it longer works- no error, just does not dial. Appreciate anybody that might help me understanding. I have been dependent on my dialer, first written under an early VB, for years - these old fingers need it even more today<...

Money 2005 Beta has ended!!
Since the beta has ended per Microsoft... "Microsoft Money 2005 will be releasing soon. The bug reports you submitted, the issues you brought to the beta newsgroups, and the time you contributed to testing helped make it possible for us to ship an outstanding new version of Microsoft Money 2005. The beta test has now come to a close." Off the top of my head... You are going to LOVE the new interface. It's very XP-style! The install music is pretty cool. MS has really ramped up the features; however some glitches have remained, yet will be addressed in 2006. The main question...

BETA
I am doing a presentation on using precision tools in Microsoft Publisher 2000--- what are precision tools and what are some ways of applying them? Thanks That is a bit personal in a public forum. -- ...

Office 2003 Beta version
I have the Office 2003 Beta version which has expired. Does anyone know if I can just installed the Office 2003 upgrade or do I have to buy the whole friggin' application suite? You can find the upgrade requirements here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/howtobuy/standard.mspx#XSLTs ection127121120120 In article <9A063B69-A41D-437F-A1E4-3F9A78049013@microsoft.com>, Bildmk <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have the Office 2003 Beta version which has expired. Does anyone know if I > can just installed the Office 2003 upgrade or do I have to ...

[Beta] Newsgroup messages sort oder
Hi Ng, is ist possible to get back the old non-beta sort order? Is there any option i didn't see? Roland seems to be a known bug Bill "Roland Schneider" <rolschforspam@arcor.de> wrote in message news:4c77a2d9$0$6764$9b4e6d93@newsspool3.arcor-online.net... > Hi Ng, > > is ist possible to get back the old non-beta sort order? Is there any > option i didn't see? > > Roland No. You would have to uninstall the beta, and then install the released (older) version. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ---------------...

How to find beta?
Here is the thing, I am a student in Accounting and I am having trouble with beta. I have the stocks history for apple and djia, for about 3.5 years, I have gone thru the rate of returns, now I have to get the Beta for apple for this 36 month area, and I am lost, can anyone help me thru this? Hi Pat, Just check in your add-in (Tools>Add-ins) list that you have got the Analysis Toolpak loaded. If not, just click on the check box then the OK button. A lot more of statistical functions will become available that were not previously. You should now find what you are looking for. Als...

Notechord beta expired message box
When I open Powerpoint 2007 I get a message box that says: "Notechord Beta has expired. Please remove the file Notechord.ppa from your system. Thank you, Bill Dilworth." I can't find this file anywhere. If I use search from the start button, nothing comes up. Where can I find this file? And if i can't find this file, how do I stop the message box from appearing? JGPatrick, See if these help: http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00324.htm http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00655.htm -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "JGPatrick" <JGPatrick@discussions.micros...

how do I add a custom tab to the ribbon in 2010 beta
I read that it is easy to put a custom tab on the ribbon and add the tools that I want on it but I have not found how to do it Hi Right click the ribbon -> customise the ribbon -> new tab button in bottom right hand corner(ish) -> add commands from left hand column. Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "glenhoffherr" <glenhoffherr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CFA0660-C3D0-47A7-A82C-7F34886E6BA0@microsoft.com... >I read that it is easy to put a custom tab on the ribbon...

Outlook 2003 Beta 2 rules inoperable
After upgrading to 2003 beta 2, including tech refresh, no rules will fire. I need a rule to copy every email I send to a specified folder, in addition to the sent mail folder. I have removed and re-created all rules, and the rules still do not work. Any ideas are appreciated. ...

Cannot Say Enough Good Things About MSN Search (Beta) Engine
There has been a lot of critical commentary on Microsoft's new search engine http://beta.search.msn.com/default.aspx?FORM=HPRE, but FSS (http://freespeechstore.com) is more than pleased with our testing! Coming in second is http://www.webcrawler.com/info.wbcrwl/, third http://www.alexa.com/, fourth http://search.yahoo.com/ and fifth http://www.google.com/ Here is a prime example... Search.... nanae punks... http://beta.search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=nanae+punks&FORM=QBHP http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=nanae+punks&btnG=Google+Search MSN is constantly crawling and post...

Office 2010 Beta Outlook can not follow hyper links
When I click on links in email I get the following message: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. I am using Office 2010 Beta (Outlook), Windows 7, IE 8. I had Office 2003 and it is not compatible with Windows 7. So I had to download Office 2010 Beta. Since links wouldn't work I tried Widows Live email. Links work in it. I like Outlook better and would like to get it back. tgrfn2 wrote: > When I click on links in email I get the following message: > This operation has been cancell...

Communicator 2007 or 2010 Beta won't install or run.
Bought a new Gateway laptop with the M$ Office 60-day trial. I uninstalled it and installed Office 2007 Ultimate. I then tried to install a trial version of Communicator 2007 R2, but it will not run. I then removed it and Office 2007 Ultimate and then installed Office 2010 Professional Plus Beta. However, Communicator is nowhere to be found. What gives? ...

IE9 beta test
?IE9 beta test seems to work you got any screen captures of it yet? -- AL'S COMPUTERS "none" <none@nowhere.ca> wrote in message news:ufU87qTVLHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > ?IE9 beta test On 16/09/2010 06:11, Andy wrote: > seems to work you got any screen captures of it yet? See http://www.beautyoftheweb.com/ -- Dee Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk) i-Catcher Development Team iCode Systems (Replies direct to my email address will be ignored. Please reply to the group.) ...

One simple, easy but powerful RFC browsing tool ---- beta released, now free, try it
Download from the following web site: http://rfcreader.googlepages.com/ Your feedback will be very appreciated! - Tiger Studio ...

New mp3 project need beta testers
You are cordially invited to participate in a revolutionary new mp website launch event. Forget iTunes...Forget eMusic...Forget Napster...http://mp3around.co is here! Please be our beta testers, after registration you'll be permitted t download 5 songs for free If you find any mistakes on our site and let our support know you'l get bonus card for 100 songs Visit: http://mp3around.co -- mp3aroun ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mp3around's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3710 View this thread: http://ww...

Outlook 2007 Beta 2 Crashing when starting
When I open Outlook 2007 it crashes it says 'not responding' in Windows Task Manager. I close it thru' the Task Manager. I try to open the program again it advises me that it is opeing in Safe Mode. I have only been able to open the program once, it was in safe mode. All other attempts to open the program has resulted in the program not responding than it will go thru' the 'Detect and Repair' or 'opening in safe mode' process but will not open. Is this a known problem? Please advise on how I can fix it. Thank you!!! I'd probably reformat your test ...

outlook beta #2
I installed today office beta. everything works beutifully but when I try to open outlook I get a message that the appplication has faild because MSVCR.ddl was not found MSVCRT.dll? Mine shows on windows XP: C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll, Version=7.0.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) Perhaps reinstall Windows XP sp2 then reinstall Outlook. :o) "mbweichert" <m.barminka@att.net> wrote in message news:1152160193.767968.325950@v61g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... >I installed today office beta. everything works beutifully but when I > try to open outlook I get a messa...

Excel beta
Someone else please confirm this. A:A filled with the formula =ROW()^2. C1: =SUMPRODUCT(ROW(A:A)^2) C2: =SUM(A:A) C3: [array formula] =SUMSQ(ROW(A:A)) C1:C3 all appear to show the same value, 3.84307717958020E+17. And the next 3 formulas all return true. C4: =C1=C2 C5: =C2=C3 C6: =C1=C3 But the following formulas aren't consistent with this. C7: =STDEV(C1:C3) returns 8589934592.0 C8: =DEVSQ(C1:C3) returns 12288 FWIW, the exact result, per Mathematica, should be 3.843077179582709760E+17, so the XL12 result is affected by truncation error at the 12th decimal dig...

Release of OmniPortal Beta 0.3
Release of OmniPortal Beta 0.3 OmniPortal has just released version 0.3 Beta of it's software. It is currently running at http://beta.omniportal.net, if you would like to view the software. A download is also availiable at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=54624&amp;release_id=133746. Please take your time and look at the software and send me comments at http://omniportal.sourceforge.net. Thanks, Nick ...

Office 2010 Beta
After installation and opening any Office Beta, it tries to activate but cannot connect, even though the DSL connection is active and open. Instead, an error message pops up for my Microsoft wireless mouse 5000, saying "Sorry, it needs to close". (the mouse continues to work, but without certain features). This is a repeatable problem. I checked to see if perhaps the MS Live OneCare firewall might be blocking it, but it wasn't listed. I have the E-mail with the activation code, but since the activation never gets to the entry screen I cannot enter it. Problem...

Outlook 2010 Beta Lock ups
Just installed Office Professional 2010. Outlook keeps locking up. I can get it to start, although slow but once I click on a folder is just churns away and nothing happens. I have to then shut it down and restart it. I have a number of pst files. I have tried removing them and starting with out them but that did not solve the problem. It locks even when clicking on tasks. Not sure how to resolve it. Well, several more hours have gone by and I have been all over the internet reading forums without a clue as to what the problem is. Now, when I start Outlook I get a messa...

Office 2010 Beta
Has anyone else run into that? And how did you resolve? It was working fine, I went on holiday, and now can't open any files without getting that window that I have to close. I can still work in files once I close that window but I don't want to get locked out one of these days on their Beta version... "SM" <SM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9EC4D5D-9B50-4FA4-8142-E53EA2287B27@microsoft.com... > Has anyone else run into that? And how did you resolve? It was working > fine, I went on holiday, and now can't open any files ...

Beta Invite: Zenprise 2.0 (for Exchange)
Hi All, Here's an opportunity to try a new product and influence product direction. Zenprise does real-time troubleshooting & diagnostics of Exchange. Thanks, -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- Zenprise Seeks Exchange Architects and Administrators for Beta Trials Zenprise is about to release Zenprise 2.0 software that will proactively correlate, diagnose & resolve email problems across Microsoft Exchange, Domain Controllers, Global Catalogs, DNS servers, etc. If you're running Exchange 2000 ...

How do I set as default mail client in outlook beta 2010
How do I set as default mail client in outlook beta 2010 Conrol Panel->Program Access and Defaults... same as with any program, it is a Windows setting. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Jerald asked: | How do I set as default mail client in outlook beta 2010 On 30 Lis, 06:30, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever> wrote: > Conrol Panel->Program Acces...