Portrait only printing in Excel

I have an interesting problem. I have a workstation (Dell
Pentium IV  XP PRO) that has Office 2k on it. When I/we
try to print to a networked printer, the document will
only print in portrait no matter what changes I make to
page settings or printer settings. We are on Active
Directory, so as long as the documents are submitted from
a different computer, it will print fine. Any suggestions?
0
hfi556 (1)

This could be a complete waste of your time, but the first thing I'd try is to
reinstall the printer driver.

(maybe even get a fresh driver from the printer manufacturer's web site???)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Alpha Phrase To Phone Number Calculator in excel
Alpha Phrase To Phone Number Calculator. Is there a way to convert text to phone numbers in excel. I need a formula. Like this example : http://www.csgnetwork.com/phonenumcvtrev.html I am sure there are better ways but if you create a list with the letters in a 2X26 table, i.e. A 2 B 2 C 2 D 3 E 3 F 3 G 4 and so on, call the table Tbl then use this formula =LEFT(G1,4)&VLOOKUP(MID(G1,5,1),Tbl,2,0)&VLOOKUP(MID(G1,6,1),Tbl,2,0)&VLOOKU P(MID(G1,6,1),Tbl,2,0)&VLOOKUP(MID(G1,7,1),Tbl,2,0)&VLOOKUP(MID(G1,8,1),Tbl, 2,0)&VLOOKUP(MID(G1,9,1),Tbl,2,0)...

Populate Excel Listbox
Hi, I'm using this piece of code to populate an excel userform listbox with the name of each worksheet in a workbook i = 1 For Each ws In Worksheets Worksheets.Select Sheets(i).Activate ListBox1.AddItem (ActiveSheet.Name) i = i + 1 Next ws Is there a better way I can do this as this could visable activates each sheet each time the listbox is repopulated. Thanks ...pc i = 1 For Each ws In Worksheets ListBox1.AddItem (Worksheets(i).Name) i = i + 1 Next ws -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "PC" <paulm do...

[ANN] Excel X security update

How do I open excel docs in xp home edition, thanks
Hi I have transferred some old excel documents onto my new computer which runs on windows xp home edition but I am unable to open them, is there a way to do this, Thanks Do you have Excel installed on the new computer? Excel isn't part of Windows, so you would have had to purchase it with your new computer or purchase it separately. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "rtdl16192306" <rtdl16192306@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD08EEA4-139E-4BCA-820F-E1BA88C3C66C@microsoft.com... &g...

How much computer power needed for large Excel files?
I have been handling spreadsheets with 30,000 to 40,000 data points that I need to work with (manipulate and graph). I am routinely crashing my computer (a 2 year old Dell). As I contemplate a new computer, I am wondering if there are any thoughts if a new Pentium 4 with 512 m of RAM could handle this size of spreadsheet, or do I need one of the more expensive dual processor Precision systems (cost twice as much). And how much RAM?? Is there an idea of required computer power to handle Excel files of this size?? thanks, Roger Excel isn't multithreaded, so I don't believe it will b...

Opening multiple excel sessions
Ho w do I configure my excel so that when double click a .xls file from explorer it starts a brand new Excel session rather than adding it to an existing session? Reason I want to do this is that if I have multiple sheets open and some are set to manual calc and others are set to auto calc the calculation setting defaults to what ever it was on the first file opened. This is creating a problem when I open an auto calc file first then open a manual calc after as the manual one starts calcing upon opening it. Can anyone help me with this? -- sgreen ---------------------------------------...

Excel To Access: Transfer multiple rows from excel to access
Hi All, How can I transfer a Bock of data to Access from excel by clicking a "Submit" button? eg: I have designed a "Submit" button on the excel sheet that exports all of the student data into access in a single row... BUT I want to insert all this data in access in seperate rows. Here is what My excel table looks like: Student_ID Subjects Grades 123456 Eng A 123456 Hist B 123456 Math B+ 123456 Bio B- So, once we click "Submit" I want the data displayed above ...

CHR() function not working in Excel 2003
I've written a VBA application in Excel 2002, which works correctly. This should work on all recent versions of Excel, so I've been testing it on Excel 2003. This includes the lines: Dim a as String a = "text" + Chr(34) On Excel 2003, I'm getting the error "Compile error: Can't find project or library", and the Chr function is highlighted. If it's helpful, I've tried commenting this line out and I also get the same error elsewhere when I use the Space() function. The rest of the code runs successfully. I've seen elsewhere that I should look ...

Excel
I have Excel 2003 and every time you open a file, it asks you if you want to save it when you exit. Prior Excel versions only gave a dialogue box to save, when changes were made to the file. Is there a way to set it so that it only pops up a dialogue box to save, if there were actually any changes? Atlas, it likely has nothing to do with prior versions. You probably have a workbook that has a formula in it like =NOW() or =TODAY(), both of which "automatically update" and, in essence, change your file, which makes it ask about saving. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.Office...

Xml Print Preview
Hi I have an Xml file.I Load it in a Datagrid, My Xml file has child tables, and I want to print this, so I want to see its print preview, but when I want to do it, only it is shown the root table in print preview. What can I do to see the child table in print preview? -- Message posted via DotNetMonster.com http://www.dotnetmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/dotnet-xml/200612/1 post some snippet code PAtrick "mahfuza via DotNetMonster.com" <u30464@uwe> wrote in message news:6b5372a146a58@uwe... > Hi > I have an Xml file.I Load it in a Datagrid, My Xml file has child tables...

Outlook 2003 client print problem
Hi. I've had a strang issue start to appear with my Outlook 2003 clients. Seems that 1 by 1 they are starting not to be able to print HTML emails. Anyone heard or seen this before???? Something accidently get changed on the Exchange server. Can print plain text and RTF email fine just not HTML. It returns a script error. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. TIA ...

Merging Excel Files into one.
I have Excel 2002 and several Excel spread sheets of addresses I want to combine into one but they have a lot of the same data which I do not want to replicate....how can I merge them and they do not put the same address twice but just keeps one of all? Thanks, Tavis Tavis Copy all to one worksheet then deal with the duplicates by filtering. 1. Copy all to one worksheet. 2. Insert a blank worksheet. 3. Select your full range on address sheet then go to Data>Filter>Advanced Filter. 4. Check "Unique records only" and "copy to a new location". Your "list...

Excel 2003 crashes when opening
When I try to access Excel, I get the message that "Microsoft Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." The error report contains the following: Error signature AppName: excel.exe AppVer: 11.0.6355.0 AppStamp:40aa979f ModName: excel.exe ModVer: 11.0.6355.0 ModStamp:40aa979f fDebug: 0 Offset: 000bc3b7 The Event Viewer - Application gives me the following error information: Date: 9/8/2005 Source: Microsoft Office 11 Time: 10:37:32AM Category: None Type: Error Event ID: 1000 User N/A Computer: BigDog D...

Mail Merge Addresses from Publisher to Excel
I'm trying to send Mail Merge Addresses from Publisher to Excel or import same to Excel. Don't know how! Any help is appreciated. When you make a data list in Publisher (versions 2002 & 03) it is stored in "My Documents" "My Data Sources". When you open Excel, file, open, files of type, scroll down to where you read ".mdb" and browse to the "My Data Sources" folder. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "G" <G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Excel in Office 2007 01-23-10
My worksheet has gone blank (full screen ok - normal blank) Help! Are you sure you have opened an existing file and not a new one? What happens if you type somethings in A1, save the file, close it, and reopne? -- www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme "Hamish" wrote: > My worksheet has gone blank (full screen ok - normal blank) Help! Perhaps the windowed sheet is moved to a location out of view? Try View, Arrange all, Tiled. Hamish wrote: > My worksheet has gone blank (full screen ok - normal blank) Help! ...

Opening new mail in Outlook causes Excel to close!
Hi, very weird issue that I'm having: I open an excel attachment, copy data to my clipboard, then switch back to outlook to open a new mail message - excel then closes down (including any other spreadsheets that may be open other than the attached one) and the data I've copied isn't on the clipboard any more. Any hints and tips much appreciated :) Thanks! ...

Can I break an external link in Excel 97?
Try Bill Manville's excellent "FindLink" utility .. It's available at Stephen Bullen's page: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- stadco <stadco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE79E018-3460-47F7-A8D3-369889E7AF9E@microsoft.com... > Re: Can I break an external link in Excel 97? ...

text wrapping in Excel 2003
I have formatted a cell so the text wrapping is active, however, only the first 8 or 9 lines will wrap--then the text travels outside the cell and i am having to manually wrap it, which is very time consuming. Do i possibly have something set wrong somewhere? Hi could you mail me an example sheet -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tia" <Tia@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:301D2BDA-68D8-491E-9CD3-68981467B7DC@microsoft.com... > I have formatted a cell so the text wrapping is active, however, only the > first 8 or 9 lines will wrap--the...

color coding the tabs on excel sheets and bolding them

Outlook 2000 prevents Word and Excel from opening
I must close Outlook 2000 to open either Word or Excel. Once Word or Excel is open I can re-open Outlook without any other conflicts. Also, on a frequent basis, when I close Outlook, although the program disappears, when I do a Control-Alt-Delete I find that Outlook is still listed as Not Responding. I have several times attempted to repair and I have even done complete re-installationS of MS-Office, but the problem has not been resolved. I assume a corrupted file has remaind on the computer and not been replaced with either the repair or re-install. Any suggestions? ...

Excel 2k3: Workbook on network drive, when save creates new file
When we open up a shared workbook and enter data into it. Everything works fine but once you save it the original still contains the information but in the folder on the network drive that the original is located a new file is created. This new file is the same size as the original document. It didn't start doing this until it was moved from our old 2000 Server to our new 2k3 server. Can anyone help? Does that newly created workbook have a name of 8 characters (with no extension)? If yes... When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characte...

Access -> Excel large Copy Paste fails
I have an unusual situation where a user is attempting to copy a large amount of data from Access 2003 SP2 -> Excel 2003 SP2 on a windows 2003 sp2 (i386) server. Specifically the dataset it 15,683 rows of data. I can see the copy run as the blue status bar runs across indicating the copy process is running for 8-10 seconds. When it finishes I paste into a blank new spreadsheet in Excel and it runs for a some time - maybe 30-45 seconds - an error pops up "Microsoft Office Excel cannot pasted the data". I only have 2003 server and office installed along with the latest Mi...

.NET-BroadcastEventWindow.1.0.5000.0.2f: EXCEL.EXE
My Windows 2000 system suddenly started giving this error message whenever I log in. I do not launch Excel before getting this error: ..NET-BroadcastEventWindow.1.0.5000.0.2f: EXCEL.EXE - Application Error The instruction at "0x308f3c7c" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program Click CANCEL to debug the program [OK] [Cancel] Why am I getting this error, and how can I fix it? I noticed that after I click OK, Task Manager shows one or two copies of EXCEL.EXE still running. But I did not (knowingly) ...

Text is hidden when I print
When I view it as "Print Layout" everything looks fine but some text is hidden when I "Print Preview" or actually print. I have checked and the "hidden text" button is not checked in these sections. To see hidden text in Print Layout view, you must first show nonprinting marks, for example by pressing Ctrl+Shift+8. Then you should be able to select and clear the "Hidden" attribute from the relevant text characters. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Caseymc" <Caseymc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Excel 2000/Excel 2002
Are the file formats for Excel 2000 and Excel 2002 identical? In other words, if I create a spreadsheet in Excel 2002, will I be able to call it up in Excel 2000 with everything intact assuming I don't use features that 2002 has that 2000 doesn't have? And, would the same be true for the other office products? Just checking before I make a switch.. Bruce, Yes, it's okay. But why switch? What does XL2002 have specifically that you want? If it is significant enough to warrant switching, why not wait until XL2003 (due out in Oct I believe). -- HTH Bob Phillips "Bruce R...