Populating consecutive columns from a static set of cells?

I am trying to populate a master quote list and want each entry (1 row)
populated by the info I enter from my quote estimate template in a separate
workbook.  I know how to link cells, but don't know what formula to use in
the template to make each entry choose the next open row on the master list.
Anybody up to the challenge?
--
-Thomas
0

Hi Thomas-

If I understand your question, the first issue to clear up is that one
workbook cannot 'send' data to another, i.e., your template can't send new
entries to what you are calling the Master. What you need to do is work from
the "Destination" workbook and create links to the "Sources".

You might want to take a look at the Consolidate feature available from the
Data menu.

HTH |:>)

"Thomas" wrote:

> I am trying to populate a master quote list and want each entry (1 row)
> populated by the info I enter from my quote estimate template in a separate
> workbook.  I know how to link cells, but don't know what formula to use in
> the template to make each entry choose the next open row on the master list.
> Anybody up to the challenge?
> --
> -Thomas
0
CyberTaz (411)

update column

.pdf save as settings

Web query timeout setting.

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Setting up a new e-mail account

Single click selects multiple cells

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Column searching problem
I have a worksheet called "net" containing the following: NETWORK AVG MIN MAX STD SAMPLES ABC 17.17 16.26 17.71 0.4469 19 CBS 12.99 11.69 14.56 0.6524 30 NBC 15.39 14.08 16.70 0.7323 38 NBC* 15.12 14.08 15.99 0.4910 31 Fox 10.63 9.07 12.09 0.9374 8 HBO 10.94 9.07 13.22 1.2507 19 Showtime 11.52 6.84 13.23 1.9017 11 HDNet 18.14 14.22 18.85 1.1619 14 HDNet* 18.45 18.13 18.85 0.2847 13 HDNet-Movies 1...

Column help
I have a seating chart I am trying to design for our graduation ceremony. Right now I have the report set up using columns. I have a rectange box with the graduates first, middle and last name in the box. I need 16 columns across the page for the seats which I have working. My problems are that I need a bold line going down the middle to divide the 8th and 9th rows. ( Students come in from 2 lines and meet in the middle of each row.) My next problem is that I need to have another column to the left of the 1st column and one to the right of the 16th column that will count the row num...

How can I sum only amounts that are in BOLD format within a column
Hi! I need to get a total from a worksheet that has hundreds of amounts in it. However, I only need the total of the amounts that were marked with have BOLD font. Please help me I don't have much experience with EXCEL. Thank you very much! W a n d a try this for column D Sub sumbold() x = Cells(Rows.Count, "d").End(xlUp).Row For Each c In Range(Cells(2, 4), Cells(x, 4)) If c.Font.Bold Then mysum = mysum + c Next MsgBox mysum End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wanda" <Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89A268A6-...