Please Need an Example!

I need an example of how to concatenate two column into one drop down box and
how to do a VLookup for a drop down box.  Thank you.

If you mean a data validation dropdown, you can use a worksheet formula
to combine the values in two columns, then show the combined values in
the data validation list. There's an example on the following page:

Under Data Validation, look for "Data Validation Columns"

For VLookup, there's an example here:

   http://www.contextures.com/xlOrderForm01.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

.net loses sp result when calling executeXmlReader. please help
Im trying to return xml from sql. The xml is made up of different fragments, some using FOR XML ... syntax. The result is a valid xml doc. There is a working stored proc that returns the xml In .net i'm having problems loading this up. I've now tried installing sqlxml managed classes and the following appears to work when stepping through, but the result just disappears. ----CODE START Dim dbg As Boolean = True 'XMD = New SqlXmlCommand(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("ConnectionString").ToString()) '"storedprocname" XMD = New Sq...

I need to use the last row of data in a formula
I'm writing a macro to calculate the coefficient and intercept of a log curve the following is what the equation should look like in the cell: =INDEX(LINEST('Expect Database Search'!$Q$3:$Q$90,LN('Expect Database Search'!$G$3:$G$90)),1,1) however in VB I have to write it in this format: Range("B2").Formula = "=INDEX(LINEST('Expect Database Search'!R3C17:R90C17,LN('Expect Database Search'!R3C7:R90C7)),1,1)" My problem is that the data set is never the same so I may have 100 rows or 1000 or anything in between. Is there a ...

Calendar list formula or function for mon-Fri please
Hi I need to create a calendar showing ONLY the dates for Mondays to Fridays. Can anyone help please? Excel 2003 Ron Just hide the columns for Saturday and Sunday, then print. -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "Ron & Joan Adams" <ronadams@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message news:42cf04d7$1@clear.net.nz... > Hi > > I need to create a calendar showing ONLY the dates for Mondays to Fridays. > Can anyone help please? > > Excel 2003 > > Ron > Perhaps a start: Array Calendar: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/general.h...

Excel newbie
I am preparing a simple chart taken from specific numbers in the "D" column (y-axis) and specific dates in the "A" column (x-axis). When I make my chart, the y-axis numbers chart perfectly with values corresponding to numbers in the "D" column. I can't get my specific dates on the x axis though. It either says 1,2,3... or starts at 1/1/00, 1/2/00,1/3/00... How do I get the specific dates on the x axis? Thanks in advance! Page what ever the date mentioned in col A is not in date format as mm/dd/ yy please check the date format. On Jun 1, 9:04=...

Please suugest a good Excel Book
The company that I work for is going to by me an Excel book. We use Excel 2002 runnning on XP. Does anybody have any idea of a good book, especially with formula examles, that is widely available in the UK? Thanks, Take a look at Debra Dalgliesh's site: http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlbooks.html I'm partial to John Walkenbach's books on XL, and both his and Green, Bullen, Bovey and Rosenberg's VBA books. In article <Martin.swwbo@excelforum.com>, Martin <Martin.swwbo@excelforum.com> wrote: > The company that I work for is going to by me an Excel book....

Database over 13 GB..Please help!!
In Entourage 2004, I have noticed my database is at 13.54 GB! Obviously, it is way too large and I don't know why. What can I do to reduce the database size AND my hard disk size on my mac? Any help will be greatly appreciated! On 1/12/10 5:11 PM, in article C77287E6.21FD3%xaviguerra@yahoo.com, "Xavier Guerra" <xaviguerra@yahoo.com> wrote: > In Entourage 2004, I have noticed my database is at 13.54 GB! Obviously, it > is way too large and I don't know why. What can I do to reduce the database > size AND my hard disk size on my mac? Do a Fi...

Unable to send e-mails, help please
This is the error message I receive when I try and send e-mails. It happened suddenly, as I was able to send them earlier in the day. Any help is appreciated The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was...

what is the formula please??
If a8:a1000 contains dates and f8:f1000 contains an X if the item i over due, can you tell me the formula to show a running total of X tha have a 2004 value in column A on Sheet 2 please. Any help would be most welcome. Many thanks Dav -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Dave, use the following array-entered (use ctrl-shft-enter not enter whe entering the formula) =SUM((YEAR(A8:A1000)=2004)*(UPPER(F8:F1000)="X")) or use this formula just normally entered. =SUMPRODUCT(INT(YEAR(A8:A1000)=2004),INT(UPPER(F8:F1000)="X") -- Message posted from http://www....

need help with pivot tables
i'll try to explain the best i can here: i have 3 sheets, 1. table with my quantity info, 2. (source data) table 1 transposed, 3. many "mini tables" referencing sheet 2 i first setup my pivot tables and got the "mini tables" setup the way i needed. then of course quantities changed, then after updating sheet 1 and copying a transposed version to the second sheet and deleting and adding rows and columns (so the headers will work for pivot table) data dissappears from my pivot tables. what am i doing wrong? is there a better procedure to accomplish what i need. thanks ahe...

Error PLEASE HELP!!!
I'm trying to syudi Ansi C in this program like suggested by my University Book, #include "stdafx.h" #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <stdlib.h> #define MAXLINES 5000 /* max #lines to be sorted */ char *lineptr[MAXLINES]; /* pointers to text lines */ int readlines(char *lineptr[], int nlines); void writelines(char *lineptr[], int nlines); void qsort(void *lineptr[], int left, int right, int (*comp)(void *, void *)); int numcmp(char *, char *); int StrCmp(char *, char *); /* sort input lin...

Passwords, advice/help needed
Hi, I have a section in my application that I would like to password protect, (so that only a special user can make changes to the main setting). But where should I save the password list? Given that... 1) if I save it on a file it could be deleted by any other user. 2) If I save it in the registry any user can delete it or/and remove it. 3) Attaching it to the exe is not really an option, (as the exe itself could be replaced). I know that no system is 100% fool proof but what would be the best way to do what I want? Any advice/link on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Sims Essent...

Need help with CountIF function
Hello, Please help. I have a columne A with department codes A, B, C, ... the department codes are multiple lines, column B with numbers when there are activity in that department. Can I do a countif function or other function to summerize how many activity each department? To count how many times there is activity for dept A: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A100="A"),--(ISNUMBER(B2:B100)) To sum the numbers in column B associated with dept A: =SUMIF(A:A,"A",B:B) -- Best Regards, Luke M "Flo" <Flo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Need help with the SELECT statement. 12-04-09
--SQL 2005 I need to give a total count of LCPI from another table based upon the Loanid. Below show the business rule and desire results. Thank you in advance. IF OBJECT_ID('Tempdb.dbo.#LoanInfo', 'u') IS NOT NULL DROP TABLE #LoanInfo GO CREATE TABLE #LoanInfo ( LoanId VARCHAR(8) NULL, Status VARCHAR(10) NULL ) GO IF OBJECT_ID('Tempdb.dbo.#LoanComp', 'u') IS NOT NULL DROP TABLE #LoanComp GO CREATE TABLE #LoanComp ( LCPI INT NULL, LoanId VARCHAR(8) NULL ) GO INSERT INTO #LoanI...

I really need help
This just started yesturday. We have Exchange 2003 and it has been running for 2 years. This only happens to internal users as well. All external email is being recieved. If I send an email to a local user using there full email address eg. daniel.kaliel@jjbedmonton.com, I get the bounce message below. However if I send the email to the same person, but select them out of the global address catalog instead of typing in the address. They get the email. I don't know why our emails are being bounced if they include the domain name. Here is the bounce message..... The following...

when i open visio 2003 i need it to open a template
I have visio 2003, when i open the program can it be set to open a template automatically. Thanks in advance. TIDMAN..... You could change the shortcut that launches Visio to include the file. Visio.exe MyTemplate.vst -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "TIDMAN" <TIDMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBF28CEA-C239-4C5E-BE84-B1E830DC79DA@microsoft.com... >I have visio 2003, when i open the program can it be set to open a template > automatically. > > Tha...

OMA error on front end server
I have an exchange front-end back end configuration. Front-end is enabled for forms based authentication. When I try https://FE/OMA, I get an error: " A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator." The FE server event log has the following error: An unknown error occurred while processing the current request: Exception of type Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.DataProviderInterface.ProviderException was thrown. Stack trace: at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.UserInterface.Global.Session_Start(Object sen...

Need help to disable "Reply All" to messages
I am an Outlook 2000 user (not admin) and need help to disable "Reply All'' to my messages. Microsoft solution # 197544 did not work (method 2 using forms did not work). URL is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=197544. Please respond at your earliest convenience. Thanks, Bill On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 04:33:06 -1000, Bill Lall <Bill <Lall@discussions.microsoft.com>> wrote: > I am an Outlook 2000 user (not admin) and need help to disable "Reply > All'' > to my messages. You probably can't. Only way I can think of for an Outlook 20...

How to angle columns? Please Help!
I'm trying to angle columns. I tried this link: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011097991033.aspx because that's exactly what I want to do with my columns. I followed the directions but it didn't work for me. Instead of setting the columns at an angle, it just created a slanted border across my text. Why can't I get the border to slant at a 45 degree angle with my text like in the picture. This might be a really dumb questions, but I just can't seem to get it right. Please help me somebody. Thanks! Did you do all of this? Select the heading cells Fo...

Excel Masters Please Help!
I was wondering, is it possible to base the amount of fill in a cell on a percentage? like a meter kind of thing, i.e. if it's 50% then the fill is only half way (from left to the middle) and if it's 80% then it's 8/10ths of the way across, get the idea? Is it possible?? Many thanks in advance. Gus ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It's not possible to fill a cell partially, but you can fake it. One way: Put a textbox from the drawin...

Help please with generating a number sequence.
Hi , i was wondering , is it possible to generate a number sequence , for example i have 100 items , i need to have them numbered as focus-00001 through to focus-00100 , is there a command in excel that would allow this , also when i add to the list , i would like to be able to say add another 85 items , then i would like to generate focus-00101 through to focus-00185 I presume this will be a equation , but i'm unsure how to do this. Hi Dave No need for any formulae Enter focus-00001 in cell A1, grab the fill handle (small black cross when you hover over the bottom right corner...

publisher 2003 question-do you need Microsoft Word?
i wanted to know if you need to have Microsoft Word to be able to use Microsoft Publisher 2003? Will it work with other word processors? or just Microsoft Word? Thank you. You may use Word to edit stories, but you can edit stories directly in Pub2003 as well. So, no need to have Word. Terje "chase" <chase@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:FFB13DB2-1BE8-47ED-81C4-E84B10601136@microsoft.com... >i wanted to know if you need to have Microsoft Word to be able to use > Microsoft Publisher 2003? Will it work with other word processors? or > just > ...

I need to un-save
I deleted 5 hours of data input, accidently, and hit the save button. Is there any way to retreve this iformation? PLEASE HELP!!!!!! Thank you! Tarasha, I hate to tell you this, but the data is gone forever. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "tarasha" <tarasha1@aol.com> wrote in message news:34f801c37595$8f134ed0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I deleted 5 hours of data input, accidently, and hit the > save button. Is there any way to retreve this > iformation? PLEASE HELP!!!!!! > > Thank you! In the futu...

Help Needed on Complicated Query
Hi- I have a database that has a number of projects and suppliers for these projects. Each project has several contracts being supplied by several suppliers. I have a suppliers form with a contracts subform. What I want to do is create a subform inside the contracts subform where i will be able to add and edit invoices that have been billed against that contract. The matching data is: Same project, supplier, contract Here is the relationship diagram: http://myaccount.dropsend.com/storage/download?file_ids[]=1623882 I need help forming the SQL statement. I'm so...

Desperate help needed for outlook
I need some help with my new office 2003. I just bought my software a few days back. And I have some problems with it. Firstly, before using outlook. I was using Incredimail. And before I reformat my computer for a fresh setup. I save the e-mails under .eml files. Is there any way I can put those e-mails into outlook inbox folders? Secondly, I have a MSN and Hotmail account. But I have problems trying to retrieve mails from the account using Outlook although it does offer this options. It will always show this. Task' 'MSN:Folder:Inbox synchronizing headers.' reported e...

Need Help Formatting a 6-digit number
My excel worksheet prints a barcode sheet from data that is pulled from a database. The format for my "Client ID" number must always be 6 digits, but the format pulled from the database is sometimes inconsistent, and I need to find a way to correct this in my Excel worksheet. If the number pulled from the database is only 5 digits, I need for Excel to add a leading 0. Likewise, if it is 7 digits, I need for Excel to drop the first digit and retain only the right-most 6 digits. Like so: Database Desired Excel Format: 55555 -> 055555 0555555 -> 555555...