I have a long list of numbers - values in a file X, and I want to fin
and replace those values in a even larger list in a file Z an
highlight those values in Z

Hi
not really sure what you're trying to achieve. What do you
want to replace, etc. You may give an example (plain text -
 no attachment please)

want to find
>and replace those values in a even larger list in a file
Z and
>highlight those values in Z.
>

>---
>
>.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/13/2004 7:46:20 AM
I am trying to find a list of combinations in a file "X", in anothe
bigger list in a different file "Z". In fact, both lists can be in th
same file and worksheet.  EXAMPLE:

1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 ...

each combination of 5 numbers ex. 1 2 3 4 5 in one cell.

Find all those combinations where occur in the file and highlight wit
any color

lookup formula not picking up correct data
I using Excel 2003 to create a "Lookup" formula to calculate grade points and grade point averages. I want to insert the grade and have the grade converted to a grade point then multiply by the number of credits for the class. I created a vector with the grade and a corresponding vector with the grade point. The formula I am using is =LOOKUP(D6, B1:N1, B2:N2) where D6 is the lookup value (the grade); b1:n1 is the lookup vector; and b2:n2 is the result vector. The result is that I get an "#N/A" error message when I input some grades, I get the incorrect gra...

Refresh Form
I have an interesting problem (maybe its not so interesting to the gurus who frequent this board :) ). Here is the back ground information: I have a form that contains tab controls and several sub forms. The main form contains a control that dictates what data is displayed on one of my sub forms via parameters in the query (data source). So, I have added some code to the "after update" event that looks like this: --------------------- me.form.refresh me.form.requery --------------------- I have also tried: --------------------- Me.[sub_form_control_name].Requery -----------...

Formula that returns the sheetname
Does anyone know of a formula that would return the active sheetname? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/cell_function.html "TimT" wrote: > Does anyone know of a formula that would return the active sheetname? Great Link! The formula was =MID(CELL("filename",A1), FIND("]", CELL("filename", A1))+ 1, 255) ....yeah, like I was gonna figure that one out on my own. "David Hepner" wrote: > http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/cell_function.html > > > "TimT" wrote: > > > Does anyone know of a form...

Can someone help with this error
I am randomly getting an access error in my application and I am trying to find it. The error seems to occur when allocating a buffer in the CString code. Does anyone know if the dump below is pointing to anything specific? It seems like the error is occuring when 'text' is be allocated but I don't know why. // this is the function call in the ArchExists(..) module where the CString is allocated (parm1). CComSetup::ExtractParams( text, &type1, &desc1, &name1, &id1 ); // This is the declaration of the function void CComSetup::ExtractParams( CString src, CStrin...

please help.. highly important...
i have a excel .CSV file that Gmail generated for me with my contacts in.. what i want to do is function that go over all the contacts emails one by one and deletes all missformated addresses that cannot be use to send email for them.. somthing like : if (the cell's text is not an valid email address) { delete the cell ; } to be honest i dont know much about excel so i need somthing from scratch like how to put the function in the file and that.. thank you all very much.. Also posted in public.excel.misc "yakir" <yakir@discussions.microsof...

a little help with finding and associating cells
ok so here is my dilemma, I need a formula that will look at a cell value on one work sheet, check for the same value on another work sheet in a defined column, and insert a coresponding value from another column...... is that even remotely possible??? any help would be greatly appreciated.... -- rcarrollct ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rcarrollct's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24931 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384671 It's called VLOOKUP. http://www.offi...

I can not see all contents in one cell. Help me pls!
Please help me! By default when I write some text in cell and the text is longer then cell's width, I can not see his contents in next cells. But in one excel file when I sellect all cells in worksheet and then draging them it can no longer seen all contents in one cell. What I should to do? Thank you in advance! If you have wraptext turned on (format|cells|alignment tab), then the cell will expand its rowheight to show you all the data. (unless you use merged cells or have adjusted the rowheight manually). If you have wraptext turned off, then the text will overflow to the cell to ...

Excel Formulae #3
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with value in one column & a series of dates in 5 other columns.For each row depending on the value in the first colunm a date may be applicable in one or more of the other columns.e.g 550 in the first column will mean dates will be inserted in the next 2 columns similar to authority levels. My qn. is how can I show what's outstanding if the relevant authority levels have not signed off-basically this is used as a tracker of invoices & I would like to show what is outstanding awaiting approval at anytime. Thanks Raj ----------------------------------...

Weird problem -- formulas get lost but their values stay in place
I have a client who uses Excel files that link out to other excel files. The formulas in the "main" file calculate from data in the linked files. So, the formula is in the main file. When they close the main file and re-open it, the formulas are gone, but the last calculated value remains. Does anyone have an idea why this would happen? Thanks, Bill One way might be because a "Before Save" or "Before Close" Macro is doing a Copy > Paste special > Values........ Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Bill" <bdotson@gmail.com> wrote in message...

need help... Getting a error when I add a xml schema include location xsd file
Hi, I am trying to add the following line to my xml schema xsd file <xsd:include schemaLocation="../../../Common/datatypes.xsd"/> Here is my code XmlSchemaInclude include = new XmlSchemaInclude(); include.SchemaLocation = "../../../Common/datatypes.xsd"; schema.Items.Add(include); when I print out the schema, it crashes StreamWriter sw = new StreamWriter(@strFormName+".xsd", false, Encoding.UTF8); schema.Write(sw); sw.Close(); Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks ...

I don't know which formula to use?
I need help understanding which formula I should use. . . I have built a table similar to the one below on a sheet of my workbook. On a separate sheet, I need to be able to input ONLY two variables (state and fruit) and return information (the cost) defined in the table below. As an example: Inputting the variables of Texas and Bananas should return $4.00. I need to be able to change Texas to Florida and the formula should immediately update to the value to $6.00. Another example: Inputting the variables of Texas and Bananas should return $4.00. I need to be able to ...

Please help me: Refresh pivot table using another source file.
My supervisor put an interactive spreadsheet (or pivot table) on the web. Now he wants me to make changes to the spreadsheet so that when you click "Refresh" on the website, this spreadsheet gets new data from me rather than from my supervisor. How do I do this? Thanks for your help. ...

Backup help
I'm planning to make a backup routine for an application. My idea is as follows: 1. Make a backup of the whole application once a day. 2. Keep those backups saved for 3 months. 3. When the fourth month starts, delete all backups from the first month, except the one from the first day of that month. 4. When the fourth year starts, delete all backups from the first year. Is that a good strategy? Thanks in advance, John That is good except that you are not really keeping three months/years of backups because on the first day of the fourth month/year, you are deleting the first m...

Array formula difficulty
I have an array formula which finds a negative average correctly but not a positive average for a small column of numbers For example I have a small column containing positive and negative numbers - formatted as percentages. Column A1:A20 I have manually filled the first 13 cells in the column with numbers and have no gaps. For the last 7 cells I have put in a simple formula to copy a value from another cell if that cell has a value, otherwise to leave the cell blank. Accordingly the last 7 cells are empty. Now I would like to find the average of the last 2 negative numbers in the column an...

Exchange design
Please help with following scenario Set up: Company has a nation-wide Sendmail server that only does POP3 for every branch office in the nation, domain is us.company.com. One branch office decides to deploy SBS/Exchange internally for that office. Problem: internal domain is company.local, recipient policy has us.company.com for mail delivery. Everytime an employee from that office tries to email someone else who is outside of that office that piece of mail gets dropped (because AD user does not exist and because Exchange now handles us.company.com) How would I be able to make it so th...

Updating a Bank of America Account Help
This is my first time using MS Money 2005 Premium, and I need asisstance on how to update my Bank of America account. When I went through the wizard for setting up the bank account I entered everything it requested everything set up right I can see both my savings and checking account, but the problem is updating. When I try to update it, it doesn't do anything. Does MS Money even support automatic update from Bank of America? Please Help Thanks in Advance I think it depends on how Bank of America works their updates. I bank with Wells Fargo and the auto update does not work either. I...

IF Statement equalling multiple words. Please Help
I want to say if cell A1 = "word1" or "word2" or "word3", then "". Otherwise do this. I know how to make check if it = 1 item, but how do you make it check 3 or four things without using multiple IF statements? Thanks Phil Use and If(or(A1="word1",A1="word2",A1="word3"),then"",else) That should work for you, Cody "Phillip Vong" wrote: > I want to say if cell A1 = "word1" or "word2" or "word3", then "". > Otherwise do this. > > I know how t...

Beginner needs help
hello together, i spent several hours on solving the following problem: all i want is a = application with a single document horizontally divided by a splitter. = within the above view(?) i want to be able to scribble (like in the = appropriate tutorial of microsoft) while the bottom view(???) should be = able to receive and display text. additionally i want to save and print = everything together (common document?). even though i read many = tutorials about splitters, i am far from solving this task. is there = anybody who can tell me something about the basic structure i have to = use - or ...

Desperate Help Required Please!
Hello There :-) Setup is :- Microsoft Small Business Server 2003 Premium running Exchange. Machine is setup as a Domian Controller (only one on the network) and is named hfs-info-dc1, it is also the DNS server for the company using hfs-info.local We have a POP3 email server hosted by another company and it uses the following:- user@hfs-info.com All internal emails and external emails appear on the face of it to function correctly apart from..... Any of the users@hfs-info.com :/ If I try to send the an email to these users external to the company accessing their email using the PO...

go through the records in a form from code
i have a table tblPay for Payments and a tblEmp for employees (i have a lot more but this are the ones involved in my problem) when i go through the records in the form for employees it auto fills a yes/no field to know wich ones are overdue in their payments, based on tha tblPay, this works fine except that it doesn't get filled UNTILL i go through the records 1 by 1 with the form, if i add a new payment and open the table Employees it doesn't shows it, i have another form where i need to use that yes/no field so i need a way to open the frmEmp and make it go through all the records a...

Web Query Help
Hello, I'm having a difficult time with Web Queries. I have set up a web query that automatically updates every 10 minutes. I would like to save the data from each of the updates in a separate sheet. So far I have had no luck. Can anyone point me in the correct direction? Thanks in advance. Peter How are you currently refreshing every 10 minutes? -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS www.nickhodge.co.uk "PeterJCollins" <ntsmith@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1167223369.636943.7160@a3g2000cwd.googlegro...

Excel Waiting List Help
I could use some help with an Excel Waiting List I am trying to create. My first column A is labeled Date and I formatted it as date. I have typed in 6/1/07 in A-1; I would like it when I type in in A-2 “6” the 1/07 is filled in already for me. The reason, this is a log of calls and there may be more than one entry call for that date. (Lazy typer) Also need help with column C. If in C-1 I type in Smith as the last name I would like it to type in for me “_mith” in C-6 if I type in S. Reason, this would tell me that person already called that day or in the past. Sounds like it might not...

Help with Array Formula with Embedded Lookup
Hi, I have two tables with two columns each which I am displaying below in csv format: Table # 1: Store, Sales A, 5000 B, 4000 C, 6000 D, 2000 Table # 2: Store, Region 1,North 2,South 3,North I need to fill a table with the following format: Region, Total Sales North, <Total sales for North> South, <Total sales for South> I need hep with the <Total sales formulas>. I know a workaround is to create an additional column next to Table 1 to display the Region and then use SUMIF. However, this is not something that I can do in this situation. I tried the following formula,...

Installation Help 01-07-04
Hi, when i installed mscrm1.1 i got the error. setup was unable to install microsoft CRM server setup was unable to provision your organisation setup was unable to create user settings unknown error(80042F0D) how to rectifiy it. Regards, Hello Richard, which exact Version of MS CRM are you installing? Which Version of Windows Server is on your system? Which MS SQL Server Version is running? Which Servicepack? Please respond directly to this NG, thanks! Have a nice day Susanne Wollert Microsoft CRM Support EMEA "Richard I.P" <iamiamiam_77@yahoo.com> wrote in message ...

need help URGENT
I have a sbs 2003 with exchange2003 I have two accounts on my isp and i get the mail with pop3 connector 1 account deliver mail to all domain members, works fine The other account deliver mail to one user mailbox In the second when i receive a mail to undisclosed-recipients the system sents a NDR and i lose the mail Why, this account delivers to a direct mailbox I need help ...