Please help with syntax Object - Range - & .PasteSpecial situation

An easy question for you, I presume.

I always get a error message claiming "object missing" and/or "error in
range class " etc. when I  try to pastespecial.
What bloody object is missing???

Is it about something that pastespecial can be a worksheet object OR a range
object? I do not understand that exactly. I have tried using "With selection
..PasteSpecial End With approach also with same errors. Any sitting on a
clarification that even I  understand? You see the code below.

Brief:
I have something in the clipboard I want to store it on
sheet200.Range("BB100").
The Calling of sub SetSaveLoc2 is storing WB, WS and Range to be able to
grab the clipboard content now stored in "BB100".
I "put the clipboard on shelf" because i think I have code in a Sub
Worksheet_activate event that wipe out the clipboard. Therefore do I have to
store the clipboard "on shelf" when I change sheets...

CODE:

Public Sub SaveClipBoard2()
'*****************************************
' SaveClipBoard2 save copy in Sheet200 as storageplace 2
'*****************************************

    Sheet200.Unprotect
    Sheet200.Select
            Range("BB100").Select
                Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormulas,
Operation:=xlNone, _
                    SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
                        Call SetSaveLoc2        ' Make possible to find
paste "selection/size/area"

   Sheet200.Protect AllowFormattingCells:=False
   Sheet.EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells

End Sub

0
Nobody4592 (20)

There is nothing inherently wrong with your code.  The PasteSpecial method
will fail of there is nothing to paste.  If you have a concise and complete
example, including the Copy, that anyone can run and see fail, post it.

>>Sheet.EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells

Should be Sheet200?

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
<Nobody@all.se> wrote in message
| An easy question for you, I presume.
|
| I always get a error message claiming "object missing" and/or "error in
| range class " etc. when I  try to pastespecial.
| What bloody object is missing???
|
| Is it about something that pastespecial can be a worksheet object OR a
range
| object? I do not understand that exactly. I have tried using "With
selection
| .PasteSpecial End With approach also with same errors. Any sitting on a
| clarification that even I  understand? You see the code below.
|
| Brief:
| I have something in the clipboard I want to store it on
| sheet200.Range("BB100").
| The Calling of sub SetSaveLoc2 is storing WB, WS and Range to be able to
| grab the clipboard content now stored in "BB100".
| I "put the clipboard on shelf" because i think I have code in a Sub
| Worksheet_activate event that wipe out the clipboard. Therefore do I have
| store the clipboard "on shelf" when I change sheets...
|
| CODE:
|
| Public Sub SaveClipBoard2()
| '*****************************************
| ' SaveClipBoard2 save copy in Sheet200 as storageplace 2
| '*****************************************
|
|    Sheet200.Unprotect
|    Sheet200.Select
|            Range("BB100").Select
|                Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormulas,
| Operation:=xlNone, _
|                    SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
|                        Call SetSaveLoc2        ' Make possible to find
| paste "selection/size/area"
|
|   Sheet200.Protect AllowFormattingCells:=False
|   Sheet.EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells
|
| End Sub

0
jrrech (1932)

Help w/ GRIDLINES EXCEL 2003
GRINDLINES will not show in PRINT PREVIEW nor will they change color to BLACK as I want them to using TOOLS > OPTIONS > VIEW All Background Settings are in DEFAULT since original Install. I am stuck on a report until I get this solved. I am willing to send Spreadsheet via email if you'd like to view my situation. Thank You Ken in page setup check gridlines -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "Caroken" wrote: > GRINDLINES will not show in PRINT PREVIEW nor will they change color to > BLACK as I want them to using TOOLS > OPTIONS > VIEW > &...

Need help building a model in Excel
I'm modeling a two-step industrial process for work Step #1 occurs anytime (date or day of week), step #1 requires 21 days to completion Step #2 follows step #1, but occurs ONLY on Mondays, so, for example,for a particular instance, if (start date of step #1 + 21 days) is a Wed, step #2 doesn't commence until the following Monday. I'm counting pieces (widgets) that will pass from step#1 to step#2, and this model helps to provide estimates for the resources needed to complete step #2 I've having intellectual problems trying to slove this So input is count of widgets ente...

Recipient Update Service Explanation Please
Hi Could someone explain or point me for explantation in using RUS in the following scenario. I have read the online help in ESM and also at Microsoft, but they are not very clear. We have 4 Exchange servers 2003 +SP1 in 3 remote sites, each having a DC + GC, and one windows 2000 AD Domain. Do I create only _one_ domain RUS on single Exchange server in SiteA, point to the Exchange server and DC in that site OR can I create a domain RUS on each Exchange Server and point it to the DC in that site where Exchange server is SiteB and SiteC.? I have had occassions when a new user is created...

Help! Cannot delete email
I have received 2 different emails. One keeps showing up every hour over & over again in Junk e-mail folder. Another email is doing the same in my Norton Anti-Spam folder. The message has been deleted from the mail server but problem will not go away. I have to delete 100's every day of these What can I do?? How do you know that its the *same mail msg* and not a new msg that is the same. Perhaps the email addy you used in this post is your real email, and as such will have been harvested for spam <goner@ev1.net> wrote in message news:rgvag2tl4njnupndki9c55j5vh5bj4clii@4ax.com.....

Loop help
Hello all, I created (recorded) a macro to sort and subtotal raw data with the following: Sub SubtotalBalSheet() ' ' SubtotalBalSheet Macro ' Macro recorded 10/15/2004 by A24479 ' ' Rows("1:1").Select Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown Range("A1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "G/L" Range("B1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Branch" Range("C1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Description" Range("D1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Current Month&...

Outlook on XP is showing emails but not any appointments, help!
To elaborate, I have configured my outlook client so that it receives/sends emails and that works, but I can't see any of the appointments on my calendar. I have outlook set up at work, and that works fine, but now trying to do it from home. thanks! ...

My function won't function. Please assist?
I want the BusinssCity field & BusinessZip field to be automatically filled in with Durham and 27710 respectively if the BusinessName = Duke. What's wrong with this code? Private Sub BusinessName_AfterUpdate() ' If BusinessName = Duke, then fill in "Durham" for BusinessCity and "27710" for BusinessZip Select Case BusinessName Case "Duke" BusinessCity = "Durham" BusinessZip = "27710" End Select End Sub Thanks! Try: Private Sub BusinessName_AfterUpdate() ' If BusinessName = D...

Unable to open money
I installed Money 2004 in September on my new Dell computer. It has worked flawlessly - until last week! Now, when I attempt to open it I get: "Unable to initialize a required Money component. Please reinstall Money from your original product disks." When I click on the "OKAY" box, I get: "Do you want to check the installation of Money 2004?" When I click on the "OKAY" box, I get: "Finished! Money 2004 Installation Checker did not find any problems with this installation." When I click on the "OKAY" box, it closes. I get ...

can you help me with an invoice
I am trying to get a sample invoice Hi Try http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011377071033.aspx -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa "Steve B" wrote: > I am trying to get a sample invoice ...

Help!! Where are my Page Breaks for Page 2,3 etc.
I use Excell for XP and want to add Pagebreaks. Only Page 1 is visible after Menu > View > Pagebraks. I canot add braks with selecting row/column and rightclick. No result after both setting up Print Area and reset Print Area. -- Thank you for your help. Bart Remove X from my e-mail address to send me an e-mail Quite la X de mi direcci�n para enviarme correo electr�nico ____________________ 1.. Bart, does this help? On the View menu, click Page Break Preview. Do one of the following: View page breaks Manually inserted page breaks appear as solid lines. Dashed lines indicat...

Group Objects on a Report
Hello, Is there a way to group objects (fields, lines, boxes, etc.) so it is simplier to code visibility and movement? Currently I have a report with many subreports within it that are visible/invisible depending on the circumstance. Although this works, there are times when the spacing does become and issue since you have to leave some gap between each subreport no matter how horizontally narrow you make them. It would be nice if I could group together all objects in a particular section, make them visible/invisible simulataneously and the move them up the page when other sections are...

Help with Lookup formula
I have a three columns of data, column A has part number, column B has cost, column C has company name. What I would like to be able to do is for a formula to lookup 'company1' and give me a total cost of the parts. Is this an easy thing to do? Hi Graham, Try this: =SUMIF(C1:C10,"company1",B1:B10) Regards, KL "Graham" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:%23EvZqXwpFHA.2976@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I have a three columns of data, column A has part number, column B has >cost, column C has company name. What I would like to be able to...

find maximum value in range of fields
Hello Could someone advise/assist with the following: I have fields like the following: Badge Date 1 Badge Date 2 Badge Date 3 etc... to Badge Date 7 What I would like to have happen is when a new badge date is entered the badge dates would cascade -- dropping the oldest date and cascading badge dates -- ( i.e. Badge Date 1 would be the newly entered date - Badge Date 2 would be the date previously in Badge Date 1 - previously in Date 2 goes to Date 3, etc...) OR The ability to pull the maximum ( most current date) from the Badge Date fields. Basically I want to keep the last 7 dates fo...

Finding the cell in which an object lies
Hi again I'm trying to make a page break after a chart. But I can't do this i seems, the page break can only be inserted into a cell/row. Any idea how to determine the cell that the corner of an object is in I want to take my object, find what call it is above, and break base on that cell. Cheers -- F*S ----------------------------------------------------------------------- F*SH's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3635 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56251 the chartobject has a .topleftcell and a .bo...

New 2k Exchange w/ existing 2k Exchange Server Problem HELP!!!!!!!
I just installed a new 2000 exchange server on my domain and I am having a problem connecting to it. I have an existing 2000 Exchange server called "BOSS" and my new one is called "exchsrvr" they are both online I am moving my mail box over to the new server "exchsrvr" and I just tried to sync my outlook up to the new one by entering the name of the new server "exchsrvr" and then my name and clicking "Check name" and once i click the "check name" button the server name changes back to my old exchange server "BOSS" how...

SUMPRODUCT help
Hi - some years ago I needed a formula that would count rows where certain columns were certain values. ie. in english, it'd be something like if col a = 1 and col d <8000 and col f > 5 then count the row. Someone sent me a SUMPRODUCT ( I think it was that) formula that did the trick. I can't find that formula - the xls file it was in is now gone, and once I again I need the same type of formula. I can't use DCOUNT since the cols to check are not sequential (next to eachother). Anyone know the trick of using SUMPRODUCT or some other formula (in case I remember is wro...

help with Xl time sheet
I am creating a time sheet. I am wondering if there is a short cut to enter the staffs time. Right now I copy and paste the time in but was hopeing there is a better way. here what I am working with part time who work 4 days in a row full time who work 5 days in a row I have early afternoon and late shifts My work week is 6 days. Colume "B" is mon "C" is tues... "G" is Sat. can I make 6 short cut keys to fit all my needs? I was thinking something like type f1 in colum "C" it would enter in 5 days of early shift(tuesday colume "C" to sat colum...

Can someone PLEASE let me know how to change my desktop settings in Vista?
I have a Nikon D3000 which takes shots that are wider in ratio to their height than my monitor is. When I was running XP, it automatically displayed the wallpaper as widescreen, with bars at the top and bottom. My Vista set up doesn't do that automatically and I don't know how to make it happen. I'm no expert, but I've managed to do a little more in terms of fixing things than a lot of comp owners who aren't programmers have, but this baffles me, despite the fact there are probably teenagers in this city who use a machine 20 minutes a week who would know. And th...

Dynamic Named Ranges #2
I am trying to build a report in excel that auto updates a query from an access database and I would like to use named ranges to make the formula writing easier. The problem is I dont know exactly how many rows are going to be coming in from the query each time as there is potential for the dataset to grow. Now i have the ranges defined as $A:$A but I am wondering if there is a better way to do this.... Thanks in advnace for your help Chuck -- clane ------------------------------------------------------------------------ clane's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action...

Help!!!! ActiveX control instanciated
To All, I need help creating an ActiveX control to be placed on a form at runtime. This cannot be done at design time since I don't know which ActiveX control to put on the form. Can someone please give me an idea where to look to instanciate an ActiveX control on the fly and drop it on a form? Thanks in advance, Kevin KevinC@coax.NoSpamHere.net hi, "Kevin Chandler" <KevinC@CoaxNoSpam.Net> wrote in message news:<rGs5b.12$W_3.149562@news.abs.net>... > To All, > > I need help creating an ActiveX control to be placed on a form at runtime. > This cannot...

Help SOS
I just upgraded my BDC Nt4 server installed with exchange 5.5 to win2k and during the upgrade I selected the role for this server to become a member server in the new Active directory. After upgrading the os, exchange services all fail to run. the user which use to log on all these exchange services is the domain administrator account. I tried using system account to log on but failed. Please help, thankyou SOS Do you have an Active Directory domain? "daniel" <c_weng_fai@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:022d01c3ab84$150b7110$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I just upgraded...

help on and/or formula needed
I have a formula that I cannot get right and have been working on it for several days now and would appreciate a "parenthesis" in the right place. The background : I have to calculate the total of a column based on the year of purchase of an item (depreciated over 5 years) BUT, the first 2 items only get included in the total if the column year is the year of purchase, i.e. the first year. Cells: o12:w12 contain the years to be totalled for K15/16 are the years for the first 2 items K19:K41 are the years for the remaining items BB15:BB41 are the values to be totalled all Year cell...

Copying vertical and horizontal ranges of cells
Will excel allow me to copy a range of vertical cells on one workboo page to a horizontal range on another page? If so, how? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Checkman............, yes, look up TRANSPOSE in HELP, when you paste there is a transpose option on the dialog. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Checkman >" <<Checkman.17uzi0@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote i...

Documentation for HTML Format, Syntax for AutoSize
An Excel file can be stored as HTML. Two questions... [1] Does anybody know whether the format is documented somewhere? [2] Is it possible to specify an autosize for a column? -- Michael G. Schneider MTLookup http://www.mtlookup.com Movable Type Weblog http://www.movable-type-weblog.com/ ...

Pivot percentages urgent help please
how do i consolidate percentges in a pivot table Actual YTD Gross Margin $3500 Gross Magin % 35 % pls help Either your clock is wrong or you are trying to stay at the top of the questions. I delete these. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kumar" <Kumar_p50@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OyLKTHw%23DHA.2860@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > how do i consolidate percentges in a pivot table > > Actual YTD > Gross Margin $3500 > Gross Magin % 35 % > pls help > > > ...