Please help with New Database Query

Newbie to New Database Query - Can you change a spreadsheet to a table if so
how?  I have a lot of spreadsheets that I would like to work with in New
Database Query.  Can this be done.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

In general, if you select a range and give it a name....MS Query will
recognize it as a data source:

Example for data in Cells A1:Z500, with column headings (EmpID, FName,
Lname, etc):
Select A1:Z500
In the Names box (just above the Col_A heading) type rngMyData1
Press [Enter]

Next, save your workbook.

Then...Data>Import External Data>New Database Query
When you navigate to your workbook...MS Query will list rngMyDat1 as a table.

Is that what you mean?
Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"TotallyConfused" wrote:

> Newbie to New Database Query - Can you change a spreadsheet to a table if so
> how?  I have a lot of spreadsheets that I would like to work with in New
> Database Query.  Can this be done.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Excel 97 VBA Help File

Control Button to Create a New Record in Another Form
I've developed a MS Access application for Trade Shows. One of my tables contains all basic client info. This table is used as the data source for both a complete client form and a partial data form. Both forms can show all clients (individually). Using the partial data form I want to create a button that copies the current record and creates a new record in a form titled Trade Show Attendees. Other data in the Trade Show Attendees must be entered to complete that attendee's record. Some of the data entered will populate the TradeShow Attendees table. Can anyone describe t...

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Help, I cannot Save!

Help Required

Setting up a new e-mail account

Web query timeout setting.

Error in database....

Need HELP! for Linking data

compact database in VBA access 2007

Problem with Database Wizard

Help with Registration

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

HELP! Outlook POP3 problem(s)

Spam Filtering HELP
I recently started a new job, and discovered after day one, that I had inharited a spam mess. Now the previous admin ad installed a Symantic Spam Server Prox which in my opinion, was a complete waste of money as it does not allow for blocking IP addresses. Now here is the question; I am running Exchange 2003, and am looking at setting up the Conection Filter under Message Delivery to block messages based on IP address. The problem is that when I save the IPs to be blocked, I get a message stating that the Connection filter "has to be enabled manually through the specific SMTP virtual serv...

Need macro help to close excel

Help with simple(?) VBA function

If Then Help!!!!
Hi! I'm stuck. I have a working macro but it needs a small tweek. The macro executes a find statement and performs calculations from the find to the end of the column. The problem is when nothing is found. I need an if statement or suggestion on how to tell it to skip the calculations if there is nothing found. This is what I have so far(with no if's): Cells.Find(What:="RIM", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas _ , LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _ MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate Selection.End(xlToRi...

Odd e-mail duplication problem

Integration Transactions Pls help
Can anyone let me know how much time does the integration manager takes to upload a 10,000 lines(SOP) into GP There are two methods of importing SOP transactions. One uses the SQL optimized adapter and one does not. The method used depends upon the data you would need to map. There are some fields and business logic not available with the SQL adapter. But, assuming you are using the SQL adapter, you should be able to import 10,000 transactions in about 60 minutes or less. If you are using the other one, start it and go home for the night. It will take hours. If you have some reso...

Exchange database forensic
I would like to know if I can with vbscript, and WMI access an exchange database and search for a specific string in either the subject field or the body? I would also like to know if I use exmerge to extract to a PST then use a script or command line tool to find a string in the message of subject or in the body I would also be interested in third party software vendors that can offer this functionality Please include a link if one is available for reference Thank you, John You might want to see if exmerge alone will do what you want: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328202/en-u...