Planned Open Market Days

A spreadsheet named "NYSE Holidays" contains NYSE Planned Holidays for 2005
and 2006; containing data in columns A and B:

New Year's Day	01/01/05
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day	01/17/05
Washington's Birthday	02/21/05
Good Friday	03/25/05
Memorial Day	05/30/05
Independence Day	07/04/05
Labor Day	09/05/05
Thanksgiving Day	11/24/05
Christmas	12/26/05
New Year's Day	01/02/06
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day	01/16/06
Washington's Birthday	02/20/06
Good Friday	04/14/06
Memorial Day	05/29/06
Independence Day	07/04/06
Labor Day	09/04/06
Thanksgiving Day	11/23/06
Christmas	12/25/06

Cell A1 in spreadsheet "SPX" contains =TODAY()

Cell A2 contains:
=WORKDAY(A1,1,'C:\NYSE Holidays\[NYSE Holidays.xls]Sheet1'!$B$1:$B$18)

Subsequent cells A3 through A421 copy A2, except the first parameter
increments (e.g., A2, A3, ) as a result of dragging.

SPX column A now has all planned trading days from today through Dec 29,
2006; and excludes weekend days and Holidays.

My first attempt specified =WORKDAY(A1,1,'[NYSE Holidays.xls]Sheet1'!$B:$B)
as the Range; but this failed with a #NUM! result.  Apparently, Excel was
unable to resolve a column as a Range.  And requires a specific starting and
ending cell range as input (B1:B18).

Does this sound right?

0
silver23 (9)

Hyperlink has changed on file re-opening
[Excel 2002, Win XP Pro] Hi All, i have cells in a sheet whose cell contents are hyperlinked to wor documents. the hyperlink is generated using VBA. part of the fil name includes the '[' and ']' characters (square brackets) when the macro is run, everything works fine (click in one of the cell and the appropriate word file opens) BUT when the workbook is closed an re-opened, the '[' & ']' is changed to '%5b' and '%5d' respectivel (which i guess is some srt of charatcer code for those symbols) if the hyperlink macro is re-run, it 're...

Opening Access without Menus displayed
Access 97 I have created a simple data lookup form for a customer to look up his own jobs in a shared database - there is only the one form in the mdb(e) that auto-opens on application startup. I have unchecked all the Startup functions etc. The program auto-opens the form okay but there is the default menu bar displayed across the top of the application window. The tool bars do not show. Is there a way to open the program and not show ANY menus as well? My form close event also quits the application. I intend to provide this as an mde. Any ideas gratefully appreciated Piri Piri wrote: &...

Error opening Workflow Manager and Monitor
When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the following message: "An error occured while loading the organization's date, time, and number format settings. Those settings are incompatible with the format alredy used in Workflow Monitor. To sync them, you can make changes in the System Customization area of Microsoft CRM Server." Which formats are valid? Regards Thomas Did you find a solution to this ? I have the same problem. Anne Busby thomas svensson wrote: > When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the > following message: > > &qu...

How do I open doc's from Publisher 2000 when I am using Pub 2003?
I recently purchased Publisher 2003 and can't seem to edit any document from a previous version. Are you running Norton AV? Try disabling NAV Script Blocking ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Start NAV Click Options. If a menu appears when you click Options, then click NortonAntiVirus. The Norton AntiVirus Options dialog box appears. Click Script Blocking. Uncheck Enable Script Blocking (recommended). Click OK. Restart the computer if prompted to do so. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "GAR" <GAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01222D01-7A00-4...

Cannot open earlier version of access database
I'm trying to open Northwind database with MS Access 2003. The problem is that a dialog box appears prompting me to go to Database > Tools > Convert Database, however, the dialog box re-appears over a couple of times and disallows the user from doing anything within MS Access. If you are getting the Convert dialog you will need to convert the database to the version that you are working in and save it and then open it next time instead of the original file. During the convert process it will not change the original file. It will make a NEW copy for you to use. I wonder w...

You a 7-Day FREE Trial
We Are Offering You a 7-Day FREE Trial to the internet's Hottest New Business Opportunity! If you missed out on the DOT COM boom, now is your chance to cash in on the massive and growing global demand in our $20 BILLION PER YEAR market. We'll show you how to create an income that will come to you for years and grow with each passing month. A SIMPLE, Fully-Automated, REJECTION-FREE Internet Marketing System! Finally, an EASY, proven, FREE system that will truly help anyone willing to follow our guidance succeed! Average People Are Making Money! Average people are putting their home...

Opening a Report
I have one report that I would like to open from several forms, however on the report I have a couple of DLookup functions. DLookUp("TaxRate","tblTaxRates", "SalesID = Forms!frmCheck!TxtSalesID) The problem is how can I code these functions so that they are not tied to any particuar form. Normally when I open a form frm a form I would put the code on the form, unfortunatly Reports don't seem to wrk that way. Any help apprecitaed. Thanks DS If this question connected to the new post, you can get the ID from the report record source, if there is no conne...

Unable to open Outlook window
When I try to start Outlook 2003 I get the message "Cannot Start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact the administrator if this condition persists. What would cause this problem to suddenly appear and how do I fix it? Many thanks. Create a new mail profile here: Control Panel->Mail Icon->Show Profiles->New. Do not copy your old profile. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name her...

process of opening Outlook and communication with Exchange
Hi I am looking for KB article(s) on the process that occurs when Outlook is opened, ie - on startup, what does it do - how does it communicate with the Exchange server, DC/GC and for what info - process flow from initiation till the time Outlook opens: ie. detailed information as to what occurs in terms of its design. can anyone help thanks ...

My OL 2000 will not open-get error message
I have MS Office Premium-all of the other programs work. When I try to open OL2000 I get the the error msg. MS Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. I removed MS Office Premium and re-installed it-same problem. I also clicked repair from Control Panel-same problem. -- Roma Does it work correctly when trying to start Outlook in Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe For additional troubleshooting steps see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www...

Exchange 2003 Mail between servers stops after a few days
Hi all, I have an odd situation where mail destined for a different administrative group in the same domain stops after a few days; a restart of the server where mails are queing clears the problem. The destination admin group is attached via a connector (smtp), and it's this connector that goes into a retry state under fault conditions. A bridgehead at either end is used, although looking at message tracking suggests the bridge-heads are not being used. Local mail delivery is unaffected, only mail to the remote admin group is affected. There are firewalls involved: the sites are...

Nested IF limit or Open parentheses limit
I have a multi-worksheet cost estimate spreadsheet that has been developed and enhanced over a number of years. The latest request was for date cells (Year & Month) to auto-fill with the current year and month as a prompt for the Project Manager to set them to the correct value. After some playing around with formats and date calculations (many thanks to Cpearson's site) I got that sorted out. I was left with one problem on the capital depreciation worksheet, in that it returned #Value and not 0 or a correct value as I expected. Aha, I though, simply put in ISERROR and away we go. T...

convert or open .pub file
I have recieved a file with a .pub extention. I do not have publisher, any ideas on how to open it, and readers that I can download. No trial is offered for this program to download? I tried acrobat distiller (microsoft said it would work) but it dosent work thank corey corey wrote: > I have recieved a file with a .pub extention. I > do not have publisher, any ideas on how to > open it, and readers that I can download. ================================= Best bet would be open it in the Publisher version that created it. There are no Publisher viewers. Here's some info you ma...

What files are run to open an attachement?
We are securing out PCs with GPO in win2k. We have created a list of programs that the users can run, excel.exe, outlook.exe, and so on. When a user double clicks and attachment they receive a restrictions error becasue an exe is being called on that is not permitted. Does anyone now the exe that is trying to run? Any help would be appriciated. Thanks Adrian. It definitely sounds like you are preventing access to one or more drives. Please see if either of the two previously mentioned KB articles help resolve the problem by redirecting the temporary location for extracting attachme...

issue while Opening a Office document
hi, i install Office 2007. and whatever office document opens (say, a word or excel document). there is a configuration wizard opens and a progress bar runs. and after few mins the document opens. how to avoid it..? Please provide the solution. thanks. Didi you installed more than one Office suite on the sane computer !? Micky והמשך/י, נא, לקרוא את השורה הבאה: *********** אם תגובתי עזרה לחץ/י, נא, על <כן> בפס האופקי התחתון! *********** מיכאל אבידן מנהל פורום "אופיס" ב"תפוז" [Microsoft" Most Valuable Professional [MVP" ...

Unable to open address book
Every time I try to open my address book in microsoft outlook, The computer says "the address book has been either deleted or you dont have permission to open the address book. I have the proper permissions. I dont know how to correct the problem. I tried to re-create the address book , but to no avail. Please help me. Sincerely Gary Monetta Post your Outlook version so we can answer you. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00b701c3c57c$adb12470$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Every time I try to open my address book in micr...

How to open a different form view
How to open a different form view in a formview based MDI Application. thanks ...

How do I keep the Task Pane open?
How do I keep the Task Pane from closing everytime I open another document? I edit multiple documents back to back, and this is very handy to always have the task pane visible, and just click on my next document, or more documents in the task pane. Somehow in Offie XP it was staying open, but I can not get it to stay open in 2003. Any help?? I am replying to myself wondering how long it takes for someone to see these threads. Or do I have to keep it fresh and on the first page for it to get adressed? Just curious.. Eon "Eon" wrote: > How do I keep the Task Pane from cl...

Outlook crashes when an Notes Item is Open
Help!!! Outlook 2000 crashes when I open A note item. This happens after I installed Hummingbird DM5.1 and Blackberry 3.6. We installed the latest SP for All apps, but the error keeps comming back. Thank you for your assistance. ...

Week by Day
I'm looking for some suggestions on how I can get my query to populate data by day. My data is as such; Weekstart mon tue wed thu fri sat sun 2/18/08 1 1 3 4 2 1 1 _____________________________ I want to output 2/18/08 1 2/19/08 1 2/20/08 3 2/21/08 4 etc Many thanks in advance On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:43:00 -0800, simplymidori <simplymidori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm looking for some suggestions on how I can get my query to populate data >by day. > >My da...

can not open file
word cannot open file larger than 512 megabytes ...

Multiple Excel spreadsheets will not respond when opened from server
Using XP 2003 with server w/Windows 2000 Server software. XP is new installation. When opening Excel files on the network the first one and usually the second one opens okay. Usually the third file will require 100% of the CPU power and then all three files show up in the Windows Task Manager as "Not Responding". They continue to show up on the monitor, but after changing an entry and attempting to save they are "read only". No one else is using this file. What is the solution? I would suspect you're getting interruptions of service hits on the network.......I get them...

XLSX File won't open...
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel My XLSX file will not open in excel or numbers. When I try to open it it says &quot;the file might have been damaged or modified from its original format&quot;. How do I open it? I had it saved on my desktop, no where else. I accidentally tried to open it with &quot;Archive Utility&quot; (when I right clicked on the file) and it created another alias, but in a .Zip format. <br><br>This file is HUGELY important...how do I get it back &amp; be able to open it Hi, first of all, can...

existing workbook,want to create chart-wizard will not open
New to computers-excel,Istill believe the transitor radio just came out.Anyway, I have an exisiting spreadsheet(workbook) that i need to create chart(s) for.January thru Dec for 06 across the top of the page. 6 catagories down the left column. The chart wizard will not allow me to pull it up when I have my spreadsheet displayed. How do i create if I can't the wizard to open? ...

Auto Refresh on Opening
Created an Excel spreadsheet that runs an Access database query and loads the results into a cell. Problem - I want the data automatically refreshed (from Access)when I activate the spreadsheet in Excel. How/Where do I "code" for Excel to "refresh" before showing me the first worksheet. (Don't want to see a prompt - just want to get the latest data without having to click data refresh.) Thanks. Hi Sonya, > Created an Excel spreadsheet that runs an Access database > query and loads the results into a cell. > > Problem - I want the data automatica...