> Thanks in advance

0
BJ (832)
10/7/2005 5:17:17 PM
Thanks -- worked like a charm!

"bj" wrote:

> in cells B7 put
> =if(B2="pencils","x","")
> in Cell B8 put
> =if(B2="pens","x","")
> In cell B9 put
> =if(B2="erasers","x","")
>
> "jhicsupt" wrote:
>
> > Is there a formula to do this?
> >
> > If cell B2 = pencils
> >      Put an "X" in cell B7
> >
> > If cell B2 = pens
> >     Put an "X" in cell B8
> >
> > If cell B2 = erasers
> >    Put an "X" in cell B9
> >
> > Thanks in advance

0
jhicsupt (19)
10/7/2005 5:57:06 PM
I need to add another criteria to this.

If B2 = "Pencils" or "pads" or "staplers"
   In Cell B8 put an "X"

Can you help me with this formula?

Thanks so much!

"bj" wrote:

> in cells B7 put
> =if(B2="pencils","x","")
> in Cell B8 put
> =if(B2="pens","x","")
> In cell B9 put
> =if(B2="erasers","x","")
>
> "jhicsupt" wrote:
>
> > Is there a formula to do this?
> >
> > If cell B2 = pencils
> >      Put an "X" in cell B7
> >
> > If cell B2 = pens
> >     Put an "X" in cell B8
> >
> > If cell B2 = erasers
> >    Put an "X" in cell B9
> >
> > Thanks in advance

0
jhicsupt (19)
10/7/2005 10:51:40 PM
Hi
=IF(OR(B2="Pencils",B2="pads",B2="staplers"),"X","")

Regards

Roger Govier

jhicsupt wrote:

>I need to add another criteria to this.
>
>If B2 = "Pencils" or "pads" or "staplers"
>   In Cell B8 put an "X"
>
>Can you help me with this formula?
>
>Thanks so much!
>
>"bj" wrote:
>

>>in cells B7 put
>>=if(B2="pencils","x","")
>>in Cell B8 put
>>=if(B2="pens","x","")
>>In cell B9 put
>>=if(B2="erasers","x","")
>>
>>"jhicsupt" wrote:
>>

>>>Is there a formula to do this?
>>>
>>>If cell B2 = pencils
>>>     Put an "X" in cell B7
>>>
>>>If cell B2 = pens
>>>    Put an "X" in cell B8
>>>
>>>If cell B2 = erasers
>>>   Put an "X" in cell B9
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance

0
roger1272 (620)

deselect cells within a range of cells
I have found this to be most frustrating!!! Windows Explorer allows you to select an entire list of items and then deselect individual items by holding the ctrl key down and clicking the items you wish to deselect. Why does this not work in Excel??????? I have a list of 100 items and wish to deselect about 10 that are randomly dispersed in the selection. This seems to such a simple thing, but I've found no solution. Try this: =INDIRECT("E"&C1) -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all m...

Specifying next cell to "jump" to
When a user completes as much of a specified cell range as necessary an wishes to move on to the next range, I would like to give them a option to go "automatically" to the first cell of the next range a opposed to having to tab through the remainder of the range or click i the first cell of the range they wish to go to. For example, the firs range is A10 through D25. After inputting data in D15, the user want to go to the next range, the first cell of which is A30. How can th user most quickly and easily go from D15 to A30? I appreciate your help -- Message posted from http://...

"De-name" cell references in formulas
Hello, I'm working in Excel 2003 SP2, and I'm trying to replace all references to named ranges used within my formulas within a workbook with the underlying absolute cell references. I found a solution in the archives of this newsgroup ( http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_frm/thread/4ebb9d1ee0076045/a0d6406155d03ccc#a0d6406155d03ccc ) , but I can't get it to work (neither the manual version nor the macro version). My only guess is that the behavior has of TransitionFormEntry has changed in Excel 2003. If so, is anyone aware of any other solutions. I found...

Locking certain cells
I have an expense reporting template which I have locked certain cells that I do not want changed while allowing input into other cells. This is under the tools functions but its not coming to me right away how I did this. The users do not need to use any passwords --its just certain cells are read-only and cannot be changed unless unlocked. How'd I do this I need to update? Disregard- figured it out again "Scott" wrote: > I have an expense reporting template which I have locked certain cells that I > do not want changed while allowing input into other cells. Th...

IF number is grather than 100 color the cell red
I did this before but I can't remember how I did it. I want to have a column of numbers and if they are greater than a certain value ie: 120 , I want the sell to have the color red. Any ideas how to do this in Excel 2007? THanks Take a look at format|conditional formatting. Ron Boetger wrote: > > I did this before but I can't remember how I did it. I want to have a > column of numbers and if they are greater than a certain value ie: 120 > , I want the sell to have the color red. > > Any ideas how to do this in Excel 2007? > > THanks -- Dave Peterson ...

Error 3464 Data type mismatch in criteria expression for between 2 dates look up
I am receiving a Runtime Error 3464 Data type mismatch in criteria expression. This form worked prior and now does not work. Below is the code. During Debugging the (DoCmd.OpenReport strReport, acViewPreview, , strWhere) is highlighted. Please Help. Private Sub btn_UpdatedReportBuild_Click() Dim strReport As String 'Name of report to Open. Dim strField As String 'Name of date field. Dim strWhere As String 'Where condition for OpenReport. Const conDateFormat = "\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#" strReport = "rptCourses" strField = "tblcourse.Dat...

Removing Excess Digits From Cells
I have two lists of numbers that I'd like to use to join two tables in Access. One list has an extra "Check Digit" at the end. I'd like to know how to remove the "Check Digit". (It may not matter but one of the characters in the list of "numbers" is a letter.) I tried to "Format Cells" by typing in one less ###-##-#### but it did not do anything. Hi Raquel, try using the formula =LEFT(E6;1) for a column next to the list and use E6 for every cell... so you get rid of the last digit. Best Markus >-----Original Message----- >I hav...

Copying Info Into Numerous Cells
I have just completed creating and entering data into thousands of worksheets. Now someone has decided they want to change and add columns to my worksheets. Is there any way to have data copied from 1 cell to another in several worksheets at a time, even if the data is different? If there isn't...I'm going to have a melt-down right here at work! :eek: -- calimari ------------------------------------------------------------------------ calimari's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24537 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthr...

Frank!
Hi Frank, would you be able to give me an example of how to insert 'x' no. of rows into an excel doc. Any help would be much appreciated. Al You could have waited more than 2 minutes to re-post. Frank is still sleeping which is unusual but this will insert 3 rows at the active cell Sub insert3rows() ActiveCell.Resize(3, 1).EntireRow.Insert End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Al-Blakie" <AlBlakie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F3B97CA-5650-408B-86F5-28A93E287259@microsoft.com... > Hi Frank, would you be able to give me an ...

How to select a sheet and input data into certain cells
I have 36 sheets, sheet1 is my menu, also on sheet1 I created in colum AB1=1stQTR AC1=2ndQtr AD1=3rdQTR AE1=4thQT AA2=2004 Sheet2 Sheet3 etc . . . AA3=2005 Sheet6 Sheet AA4=2006 Sheet8 Sheet AA5=2007 Sheet4 Sheet I would like to be able to select a year and a quarter and it goes to the sheet, i.e 2005 2ndQtr goes to sheet5 and in a couple of cells input 2005 and 1st Quarter I would also like to be able to print sheet5 and ask me if I want to print it agai or close and upon closing go back to sheet Is there an...

Inserting extra info into a cell
I currently have three columns in a spreadsheet. This spreadsheet is used as a bilingual glossary of terms. The first column simply contains the following: ** Now the second column contains my Spanish words and the third column my English words. So, it looks something like this:- ** Hola Hello Now, I wish to import this data into some new software I have however, it requires me to put the word <Spanish> before every words in the second column and <English> before every word in the third column. So, in essence, it will be ** <Spanish>...

Contacts & accounts searches criteria apply only to active status
When a search criterion is entered in 'look for' field of contacts and accounts search windows, regardless of filters set up in the view the list displayed contains only active accounts. Extarct from recent support advice 'the results show that the filter is hard coded to be active Contacts. Even changing the value of “IsQuickFindQuery” attribute did not affect the behavior.' This fault may be present in all search windows, leads, opportunites etc. An urgent hot fix is required to allow user defined filters in the views (as well as default views) to be 'honoured...

How to import custom toolbars from Office X to 2004?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3169274775_5237938 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit How can I import custom toolbars from Excel 10 to Excel 11 � same in PowerPoint. Renaming preference files � toolbars (10) �> �toolbars (11) won�t work. Thanks from Munich Wolfram Fuchs --B_3169274775_5237938 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> &l...

Conditional Formatting Across Multiple Cells
I have data file that I want to conditional format Red/Green fill based on >= conditional on a single row of data. In Excel 2003 it was fairly simple to lock a row but not a column and by selecting all the cells to format it would change the column relative to the cell. Just having an issue transitioning to conditional formatting in 2007. Sample Data a b c d 1 goal 10 245 125 2 day1 8 200 76 3 day2 8 250 125 4 day3 15 250 130 5 day4 15 300 150 6 day5 0 100 0 7 Avg 9 220 96 Cells Rows 2 - 7 should be conditional on Row ...

Ignoring blank cells in a combo box...
Is there any way I can ignore blank cells when using a combo box fro the forms menu? For instance, my combo box is being filled by th range A1:A5. However, if A3 is blank, I don't want it ( a blank) t show up in the drop down box. Is there is a more efficient way to d this or it might it be more simple to use a combo box from the contro toolbox? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The combobox from the Forms toolbar is also called a DropDown. And you could use a little code that filled up that dropdown: I chose to put it into the...

Blackberry 3.6.x and SQL 2005
We have Exchange 2003 Enterprise with Blackberry enterprise Server 3.6.x. Is anyone using Blackberry Enterprise Server 3.6.X version with newly released SQL 2005 Database Server? Although it may not be supported, anyone using it or know if it would work? thanks. Thank you. That'd be a little premature, imo, considering SQL 2005 was just released days ago... -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- ">> JP <<" <jpaul@msn.com> wrote in message news:uQBmg0U5FHA.3388@TK2MSFTNGP11.ph...

Return a number in one cell to long hand text in another.
Ie. 123.65 to One hundred, Twenty Three & Sixty Five Cents Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH RP "CP" <CP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0D9B8E3-3D66-4EA0-9184-57762BD663D6@microsoft.com... > Ie. 123.65 to One hundred, Twenty Three & Sixty Five Cents Go to Google and search the newsgroups for "spell number" On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:07:02 -0700, "CP" <CP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Ie. 123.65 to One hundred, Twenty Three & Sixty Five Cents ...

Locking cells #3
hi there, I was wondering if it is possible to Lock a cell so that no-one ca enter data into it, the reason behind this is because the cell i update from a different worksheet. Thank you for your time Kind Regards Swmasso -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi It's possible. Simply protect the sheet - by default all cells are locked then. When you want to allow users to access some cells, unlock them before protecting the sheet (Format.Cells.Protection). When you want to restrict the access to some cells only, and to allow for rest of worksheet, then unlock all cells ...

What is the warning triangle in a cell and how do I get rid of it.
I'm using the new Office 2004 for the Mac and first, I hate it! But, how do I get rid of the green (warning?) triangle in the cells. I haven't entered a equation and I have no idea where it came from. Please help. I don't have a Mac but you may be seeing the background error checking flag. If so, you can turn off this feature (in Windows versions at least) under Tools, Options, Error Checking. -- Jim "confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71CF7B27-CD53-4E18-805A-7F8FFE79FB27@microsoft.com... > I'm using the new Office 2...

Multiplying cells
I am creating a spread sheet that with each Monday in a calendar year, I am needing to multiply 8 weeks, 13 weeks, and 26 weeks out. Please help =if(weekday(Today()) = 2, date+(8*7),"") format as date Change 8 to 13 and 26 for your other dates. if you need it to show these dates for the remainder of the week =Today()-(weekday(Today())-2)+(8*7) format as date. Again, use this formula and change 8 to 13, then 26 for the other dates. the date would actually advance a week on Sunday. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "jamie" <tscharbrough@quest-grp.com> wrote in message...

pasting of variable cell value into macro
I have written a macro that runs an autofilter which grabs cell info from a different worksheet within that workbook (an entered date). It then uses that date to autofilter. It works fine the first time, but aparently plugs that info permanently into the macro and will not work on subsequent runs. I need a macro that will grab variable info from a certain cell each time and run with that new cell value each time. Any ideas?. (& yes, I am a newbee) sorry.. Your problem is refreshing the autofilter. It is best to clear the old filter before applying the new filter. Here ...

printing on 11 x 17 wide printer
We have a HP1220c which allows us to print 11 X 17 . I am trying to print a 5 page excel spreadsheet which I can print with no problem on an HP2200. The problem is it will not print page 1 but 2-5 print ok. Any ideas on what causes this problem? -- QUICK-WRIGHT The One Source Resource www.qwa.com 800 813-1592 Will Sellers IT Manager ...

How do I print graphs poster size (4
In my previous version of Excel I could print graphs in what I think was called "poster". It would print 4 panels on 8 1/2 x 11 that could be connected together to make a poster size graph. It would print dotted lines and solid lines and told where to cut and paste. I cannot find how to do that now that we have upgraded to Excel 2002. The capability that you describe would be really neat to have but AFAIK no version of XL has ever supported it. You must have had some special third party program or add-in. Of course, such a capability might be feature of your printer (driver...

Problem with Chart drawing blank cells as zero
Hi I am currently trying to create an excel line chart showing cumulative baseline vs Cumulative Actual vs forecast actual lines (the forecast line is a continuation of the Actual to date line) which I have done - but am trying to automate it so it is 'more user friendly' and can be created at the touch of a macro. The problem I am having is that one of the formulae i am using looks up a date in the timescale and if it is in the future I want it to leave the cell bank (using the "" option" - problem is the chart then decides this is not a blank cell it is a zero ...

Finding Merged Cells
Is there any (easy) way of finding a cell or cells that have been merged? I am trying to sort a (very large) spreadsheet but can't because Excel "...requires the merged cells to be the same size..." I can always select all and remove the merge - but I am wondering why there are merged cells - hence the reason for trying to find them! Many Thanks - I like the macro solution - it certainly works on a test setup - I'll try it on the real spreadsheet tomorrow >-----Original Message----- >Manually, you could divide and conquer. Select half the range, hit ctrl-1 (t...