pivot won't update.

Hi,
I’v got a pivot table in excel. Last night I made some updates in the
database by the pivot won’t update.
Both the pivot and the database are in the same excel file but different
sheets. I’m using Office 07 S2.
I tried to refresh manually or automatically but nothing works.
Also, when I double click on any pivot cell, I get the old database before
the last changes.
Can anyone help?

Adding a calculated ROW to a pivot table
Does anybody know how to add a calculated ROW to a pivot table? I have a pivot table that is returning totals at the bottom, as it should, but I *also* need it to return that total as a percentage of grand total, directly beneath the total. I've always done this free-form in the cells below a pivot table before, but the size of this pivot is dynamic so that's not an option. Also--I'm using the pivot in Access, not Excel directly. Anybody have any tips? Thanks! ...

Update Links Automatically
Running Excel XP and was wondering is there a setting which will automatically update any external links that I have referenced, without the dialog option of "Do you want to update links" etc Thanks There's a setting you can toggle. Tools|options|edit tab Uncheck "Ask to update automatic links" Then the prompt goes away, but the links are updated. This is your own setting--it affects all the workbooks you open, but won't affect anyone else when they open that workbook. (They'd have to change their setting, too.) John wrote: > > Running Excel XP...

Why does change in IV00102 update DEX_ROW_TS in IV00101?
We've had some performance problems since upgrading to GP10. In researching this problem I discovered that the item quantities table, IV00102, has an AFTER UPDATE trigger called zDT_IV00102U that updates the item master table, IV00101 (specifically, it is setting IV00101.DEX_ROW_TS to the current date and time). We had auditing set up on IV00101, thinking that auditing changes in a master table would not have much impact on performance, but because of this trigger every time a document posts that changes inventory quantities our auditing on IV00101 fires also. What is th...

Pivot Table Splits Columns for same entry #2
Thanks for the response. However, I seem to have misrepresented m problem because the solution doesn't help. In the Layout for the Pivo Table I have the following: In the "ROW": Item#, In the "COLUMN": Tota Lost $, Frequency of Reports generated by item #, In the "DATA": sum th counts of each item #. My chart displays the Item# on the x-axis, th sum the counts of each item # on the y-axis, the Total Lost $ and th Frequency of Reports generated by item # in the legend. There should only be one column per item # whether the chart type i stacked or clustered. I...

Take a look at these update
--bdasmyrpae Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ovqhiyszwjkhyysf"; type="multipart/alternative" --ovqhiyszwjkhyysf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hladtcjs" --hladtcjs Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these ...

Offline Address Book not updating #3
We use Exchange 2003 and Outlook 200 and 2003. Outlook 2003 use the outlook s in cache mode, be have latey noticed "some" user aren't getting the new GAL after a day or so. We run the Offline Address Book from excahnge at midnight and 1pm. What could be the probem? Mine seems to be fine, be some users are can be 2-4 weeks old... Try taking them off cache mode. 1) Settings -> Control Panel -> Mail -> Email Accounts -> View or Change existing email settings Select Exchange server and click change 2) Check off the cached mode. -> Click Next and finish....

Watch this security update which came from Microsoft Corporation
--fvjuqcqy Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="cyboqmdyddyot"; type="multipart/alternative" --cyboqmdyddyot Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xgnyfiduslihauwz" --xgnyfiduslihauwz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer. This up...

MS Money Bank Accounts and Credit Cards Not Updating
Is anyone else having trouble getting their bank accounts and credit accounts to update? For the last TWO WEEKS! I have been waiting patiently to look at account transactions. When I update accounts, my account homepage shows that I have X transactions to read; but when I click to read the updates, they are not in my register. No number of iterations and refreshes has got the updates to show up. Money info central has had the same unhelpful message for the last week or so: "You may experience problems getting accounts to update in MSN Money or within Money 2005 or 2006.We are w...

Can a form update a database?
I need to create a conference call agenda/meeting minutes template. On it I'd like to use check boxes to note who of the invitees showed up. I'd like to be able to get a listing of all the people (who may or may not be invited to all meetings) and the dates they attended. Can a form in Excel populate a database or could the form populate another Excel file? I'm real stupid about how to do things like this - does anybody have advice or maybe even a simple example? Thanks! I'd put the checkboxes in column A (say A1:A20) and link each checkbox to the cell underneath the check...

Pivot Table Defaults Turn Off Subtotal
Is there a way to change the default behavior of Pivot Tables? Specifically, can I change the default behavior for a Field to NOT show the subtotals? I know how to turn it off easy enough - it's just frustrating doing it over and over. Thoughts? I have not answer, just want to agree that this is a frustrating issue. Ie, everytime I build a Pivot Table, I have to go through the process of manually turning off the subtotals. Another issue I run into is that generally my pivot tables need to have the 'Field Settings' / 'Layout & Print' changed via a manual process ...

Getting shape instances to update when master's dimensions are changed
I have a shape master that is a rectange with some text inside it. When I edit it to make it longer (to fit more text in it), the instances of the master on the page do not update. Can anyone help me with this please? Many thanks. You might be editing the wrong master. Stencil files have masters, you drag these to your drawing. Visio creates a local master and uses this for your shapes. If you edit a stencil shape, it will not change the local master, or instances of the shape. If you change the local master, it will update the instances. Use drawing explorer to view your local masters. ...

Calendar Printing Assistant-won't update
Besides my own Outlook 2007 calendar, I am also the "owner" of a public calendar to which several others have editing privileges. I can add and change appointments to the public calendar, but when I go to print it, my updates are not there even though they are visible on my Outlook screen. What can I do to get CPA to print the updated appointments? My understanding is that CPA does not handle merged calendars very well. You may want to consider using a Outlook Calendar printing app called Wincalendar instead. It allows you to render your Outlook calendar in various...

Windows Installer Cleanup Utility will not update
I am running Windows XP SP3. Each time I try to update the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility by running �msicuu2.exe�, which was downloaded from Microsoft, I get the message, �The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package �msicuu.msi� in the box below.� If I locate the �msicuu.msi� file a message indicates that,� �msicuu.msi� is not a valid installation package for the product Windows Installer Cleanup. Try to find the installation package �msicuu.msi� in...

Software update that doesn't update
"To continue operating successfully, Money requires a software update. Click OK to close Money and begin the update now. OK or Cancel are my options. I click OK and another pop up window opens, looks like the download may happen then I get an error message: "A software update is already in progress. Please try again when the update is complete." I click OK, Money is closed and nothing happens. I was using Money Plus trial version. I clicked on the "Purchase Now" option and the ONLY option to purchase was Money Essentials, which I purchased - entered in t...

Help with pivot table
Hi, I am looking for a fix in below code, probably addition to it. I'm trying to export a query from ACCESS 2003 to EXCEL 2003. I do that each time with the export to excel button available in access which generates a temp file which I have to save all the time by naming it into appropriate excel file format. So far I have managed to export only the data sheet. I'm stuck with creating the pivot table portion in same code. These few lines I found while browsing and changed them w.r.t. my requirements. I would like to have a pivot table in sheet2 based on data ran...

2007 Tries to update closed accountq
Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying. I do have open accounts at that bank as well In microsoft.public.money, z3razerviper wrote: >Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps >trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and >causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying. It is. On the Account List, select SortAccountListBy->HideClosedAccounts You can customize rep...

Can Pivot Table layout be copied???
A few weeks ago, I ended up with the perfect Pivot Table layout by dragging fields around -- I just don't remember how I got there! I have attempted to create a similar table (with new data) but, even though the field layout buttons are in the exact same locations, the table looks different. I'm trying to get "Sum of 2004", "Sum of 2005," etc. as column headings across the top instead of having all years one below the other. Is there any way to copy the layout from the "perfect" table to the new one? I answered my own question, with help from De...

How turn on Classic Pivot Table Settings
How does one turn on Classic Piviot Table Setting from Excel 2007. ...

Update To Bank Problem
We recently upgraded to Money Plus 2008 and for some reason when I click on "Connect To Bank" and "Update" it does not download from my bank. We have gone through every menu item trying to see what we may have missed and can't figure it out. Please help if you can. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Margo wrote: >We recently upgraded to Money Plus 2008 and for some reason when I click on >"Connect To Bank" and "Update" it does not download from my bank. We have >gone through every menu item trying to see what we may have missed and...

Won't Stop Updating!
I downloaded an update for one of my accounts and it's large -- this was DAYS ago. It now is "updating" everytime I open it -- I can't stop it and it won't let me do anything else. HELP! I would suggest that you run a file repair. -- Neil "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1396517-A28E-486A-B374-A41D6768645B@microsoft.com... >I downloaded an update for one of my accounts and it's large -- this was >DAYS > ago. It now is "updating" everytime I open it -- I can't stop it and it > won...

Median in pivot tables
The Excel pivot tables have a variety of functions. The one function that appears to be lacking is median. I'd sure like to be able to determine the median value grouped by some other variable. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

update data in table for new Format
I have a table with several thousand records. currently i have serial numbers stored as number but i now need to change the format. currently it is 4-8 digits. the new format should be xx-xxxxxx (2 digits a "-" and 6 more digits). I need this new value to store the "-" in the field. I know i can switch the field to a text field and this works but i need a way to convert existing data to the new format. I tried a mask format but it starts at the beinging. so if i put in a ##-###### and my data is 4021 it gives me 40-21 and i need 00-004021. Any ideas on this...

AutoUpdate tries to update already installed 12.1.5
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I installed 12.1.5. If I look in the about Word menu, it says that the latest installed update is 12.1.5. Ditto for all other Office apps. The only problem is that when I run autoupdate, it wants to install 12.1.5 again and complains that it can't find an appropriate program to update. On 4/9/09 11:07 AM, "davidcook@officeformac.com" <davidcook@officeformac.com> wrote: > I installed 12.1.5. If I look in the about Word menu, it says that the latest > installed update is 12.1.5. Ditto for all o...

Mass update pay rate
Is there a way to do a mass update of employees' pay rates if you don't have Payroll (just HR)? HR holds the pay rates that get sent to the outside payroll company. The client wants to increase the pay rates by a percentage. Could we use integration manager? Yes, I believe you can use IM to import pay rates since you're only updating card information. You have the compensation management utility in HR. Have you tried it? -- Charles Allen, MVP "tree309" wrote: > Is there a way to do a mass update of employees' pay rates if you don't have > Pay...

cicle through pivot table
anyone knows how to cicle throught the different groups created by a pivot table? If you want to do something in code with each pivot field, you can refer to the pivotfields method. For example, the following code turns off the subtotals for each field: '===================== Sub NoSubtotalsOrGrandTotals() 'turns off subtotals and grand totals '.PivotFields could be changed to '.RowFields or .ColumnFields Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField On Error Resume Next For Each pt In ActiveSheet.PivotTables For Each pf In pt.PivotFields 'First, set index 1 (Automa...