PIVOT tables and publishing thrm on a webpage

Is there a way to publish a pivot table in a html page but still kee
exactly the same funcitonality that you have on a Excel spread sheet
either by converting it to a java applet or something else . Any hel
would be much appreciate

Linking Charts to publisher file saved as web page
Good Day I hope someone can help me with this question - I am using publisher 2007 to create a newsletter ( Saved as web page ) on our local intarnet. I am now trying to add / link charts and excel tables to the newsletter. I am only able to paste as picture and have them dynamically update with daily sales for example. Can anyone help me with this . . . I am trying to find a way to insert excel charts and tables into my publisher 2007 webpage and have them automatically update when the excel files update - I do not want to copy and paste and re-publish everyday ...

Pivot Table Question #12
I've created a pivot table and it works well - counts the number of items in each category. What it doesn't do is count the number of blank cells. It gives me a blank category but, alas, it is blank. I want the blank category line to tell me how many blank cells I have. I know that this is possible, but just can't seem to make it work. Can someone help? Thanks! To count the blanks you could use a space character, or the formula ="", in the source data, instead of leaving the cells blank. The pivot table will be able to count those. Betty Csehi wrote: > I&#...

Modify scale in X axis on a scatter plot from Pivot data
I need to increase the gap between my labels on the X axis in a scatter plot. They are too close and I can not read the labels unless i make them 4pt and zoom in to 200%. There are about 200 points on the X axis at .2 increments. I would like to be able to have labels for whole numbers only. I can not use a fixed set of values by generating a dummy X-axis since the range changes as I apply the different filters. Any ideas? thanks! Sandy Pivot charts don't let you change the spacing of the categories. They also don't let you make an XY (scatter) chart, so you probably have ...

Embedding images in Publisher
Hello, I have pasted my resume document in Publisher. I added some images and then some text in front of the images. I then turned it into a PDF. I thought that the images were embedded, but when I go to a different computer and open the PDF, the text and images are not coming up, but look like blurs. This must mean I did not embed them accurately in Publisher, right? I use Publisher 2007. How can correct this? Thanks, Sandra What are you using to create the pdf file? Give primopdf (free) or PDF-XChange ($) a try to see if better results are attainable. www.primopdf.com ...

Is Word or Publisher best for posting a book to the web?
I am preparing a genealogy book for the web. The book has many pictures and is also text intensive. Which is best for posting to the web? What do you mean "posting"...for downloading? for viewing? "Marie Peer" <Marie Peer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C38165D-FAEF-4C53-B312-9E99C74BE693@microsoft.com... |I am preparing a genealogy book for the web. The book has many pictures and | is also text intensive. Which is best for posting to the web? I'm such a novice! I've not thought about that. If allowing both is not terrificall...

Publisher 2003 websites problem when uploaded using Frontpage 2003
I work for a special school in the uk, we have a school website created and maintained using frontpage 2003. We have the children produce simple webpages using publisher 2003, these are then saved as an htm webpage, producing an .htm file and a folder containing images. When I try to upload these pages to our website using Frontpage we get the text but all the images are missing - Front page can not see the folders and does not FTP them, only the .htm files. Can any one help? AdamS wrote: > When I try to upload these pages to our website using Frontpage we get the > text but all...

Pivot Table Data Source, point to cell?
Is there any way to point the data source block to a cell. I want to simply update a cell (i.e. A1) with the range instead having to open the pivot table and changing from the wizard. Is there a way to do this? Example: Cell A1 contains: '[Output 3.24.xls]FORMALS-OUT'!$A$5:$P$65536 Data source in pivot table points to cell A1 to get the range. please tell me there's a way to do this.... thanx.! hi, Jeremy ! > Is there any way to point the data source block to a cell. > I want to simply update a cell (i.e. A1) with the range instead having to open the pivot table >...

Are there any design sets in Publisher for printing in landscape
I am having to produce a brochure which for Excel insert reasons will have to be produced for printing in landscape format. It would appear from perusing the Microsoft standard design sets that they are all in portrait. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find landscape ones,or, is there any way of changing those already in the programme to landscape? All the brochures templates are landscape. Click publications for print rather than design sets; although the brochures within the design sets are landscaped. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvp...

linking Excel table to word
Can anyone tell me how I can have an excel table linked to a word table so that the word table dynamically updates itself based on the values in excel cells? Much appreciate it if anyone can point me to direction Thrava Hi in MS Word just insert the Excel sheet as Excel object (Edit - Paste Special) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Thrava" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0cea01c46e91$faae80b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how I can have an excel table linked to > a word table so that the word table dynamically u...

Generating a table of figures and table of tables using 'insert caption'

Median in Excel 2007 pivot-tables
HI, I am working on pivot table for data analysis, where I need to show the median. While working on this I found that "Median" is not supported in pivot tables. Is there any way I can use median function in pivot tables? Best Regards, Venkataramana AFAIK, you can't alter pivot tables, but you can certainly copy/paste special (perhaps a new sheet), and then do whatever you want to it (perhaps in an adjacent column). -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "Venkataramana" wrote: ...

Pivot Table help needed
HI, I tried to the example given in this site... http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html For Show/Hide Items -- Visible property is not working. Visible Property is working if the data source is EXcel itself. If the data source is analysis Manager, Visible property is always true...Is there any work around. I have done the macro recording. That is giving a long code which can not be implemented. also I will not able to add a calculated member in the pivot table because the olap datasource is analaysis amanager.. Thanks in advance for any help regarding this. Thanks and regards. ...

When I copy a picture and paste it into Publisher it disappears
I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into Publisher and the picture disappears. What version of Publisher? What happens if you go to... Insert / Picture / From File? -- John Inzer "Cathy" <Cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2CA50C-78D9-47DB-8799-E9C3C9171038@microsoft.com... >I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into >Publisher > and the picture disappears. I am using Office Profession Edition 2003. I tried another picture and so far it is still there. Thanks. "John Inzer"...

clear old items in pivot
How can I clear old items from a pivot table. I am running excel 2000. When I bring in new data and refresh the table I am seeing the new and the old data. Ideas? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "kimz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9d2e01c486d4$603a78d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How can I clear old items from a pivot table. I am running > excel 2000. When I bring in new data and refresh the table > I am seeing the new and the old data. Ideas? > I tried that and it wo...

Publisher File as a Desktop
Is it possible to use a Publisher file, say a calendar, as a desktop for a PC? If so, how? Thanks. Create the calendar and save it as a .jpg. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "CalsLib" <CalsLib@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCE1BC5D-1A61-482B-B468-6234D400CBF1@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to use a Publisher file, say a calendar, as a desktop for a > PC? If so, how? > > Thanks. CalsLib wrote: > Is it possible to use a Publisher file, say a calendar, as a desktop for a > PC? If so, how? > > Thanks. I do...

Another Publisher 12 FYI
Many of you have seen the new interface for Office 12: http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2005/sep05/09-13OfficeUI.mspx http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/images/features/2005/09-13Office12-Word_lg.jpg http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/images/features/2005/09-13Office12-PPT_lg.jpg http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/images/features/2005/09-13Office12-Access_lg.jpg However, Publisher 12 will not be one of the Office applications receiving the new interface. Instead of the UI, the Publisher team focused on adding more requested features and improvements...requested by YOU, the c...

Part protection of Excel 2007 tables
Hi, Although this is not a VBA code/Macro related question, I thought that the people who know the Excel object model so well would be best placed to handle this question. Here it is: Can I part protect an Excel 2007 (ie lock certain columns and leave other unlocked)? eg. I want the data input columns to be unlocked and columns with formulas to be locked. When I did this and then protected the sheet, the table no longer behaved like a table. Was I missing something or is this a limitation of the Tables? Regards, Raj ...

Copy whole table into one cell
Office Excel 2003 on Windows XP I'm trying to create a report-maker with excel... ugh! Anyways, there is a template that users are filling out saying whether something is defected or not... that's not important, the important part is, that I'm having VBA go though the table (using a button after it is filled out) and deleting the rows that aren't defected... in other words, if there are blank cells in column C (for example), the whole row in which that blank cell is located is deleted. I'll never have more than 40 rows and 5 columns in the table so I don'...

Publisher 2002 #32
Every time I try to insert a piece of clip art my Publisher freezes. I have Publisher via Windows XP Small Business. I have taken it off the computer and reinstalled it, both partially and complete. It doesn't help. SP 2 and (I think) SP 3 are installed -- I'm stuck -- any suggestions? Go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and look around for an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "joe jon" <u17599@uwe> wrote in message news:5a482ac427830@uwe... > Every t...

table
with a vba macro I populated a table, the size of this table is variable in each execute this macro. and with this table I create pivot table, Database functions, but How to use all resources with all data? suggestions and examples thanks Marina Hi Marina Create a dynamic named range for your data. Insert>Name>Define>Mydata Refers to =OFFSET($A$1,0,0,COUNTA(A:A),10) The above example would create a range which contained as many rows as are present in column A, and the would be 10 columns wide. Change the formula as appropriate to your data location. Then in the Pivot Tab...

How can I turn off the automatic ordering of the data in Pivot Cha
I have some data, which I would like to rearrange in the chart, but it's automatically re-ordering it. I have tried manually re-ordering the data, but that's not helping. The Pivot chart seems to automatically override what order I put the data in, and charting it as it wants. I have tried unchecking the Automatic Formatting, but no change. Help? ...

Mail Merge in Publisher 2003 #2
I'm trying to print labels from a Microsoft Works database file. Some label entries have company name, address, and city and state. Most of the labels have an individual's name before the company name. For some reason, the individual's name indents to the right about a half a space. In other words, it is not flush left like the other 3 lines of information and looks terrible. Any ideas? I'd go into Works and backspace the entries. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Madison" <Madison@discu...

connect tables
Is it possible to make Publisher 2003 continue a table onto the next page if too large for one? I know you can do this in Word, but don't seem able to find a way in Publisher. It would be good to be able to link tables together. On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 09:58:02 +0000, carljh wrote (in article <CD8D49D0-B49D-4B58-9B9E-FC7AC37ACBDC@microsoft.com>): > Is it possible to make Publisher 2003 continue a table onto the next page if > too large for one? I know you can do this in Word, but don't seem able to > find a way in Publisher. It would be good to be able to link table...

pivot table group issues
1. When I group by days, the column heading is 10/01/04-10/07/04. Is there anyway to make it display the first date rather than the range? 2. When grouping by a date range, Excel 2003 always displays a first column that is < the date range I wanted to I have to unselect it. This was not the way Excel 97 functioned. Is there a way to make that go away? Thanks I don't know of any way to change the behaviours that you describe. You could calculate a week starting date in the source data, and add that to the row area, instead of grouping by week. kbear wrote: > 1. When I g...

Installing add-ins to Publisher 2002
I'm a former Mac user. Adding extensions on the Mac was a simple function of dropping the new extension file into the extension folder of the application. On the PC, I've just downloaded several "add-ins" for Publisher 2002. They're sitting on my desktop in zip files. How do I install or apply those add-in files to Publisher 2002? Tools, add-ins, browse... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "geacea" <geacea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8615184-7156-4642-866...