Pivot Tables #5

Hi

I am currently trying to create a pivot table for datas that are found from different worksheets.(not workbooks

Other than consolidatating the datas (via copy and paste) onto a new worksheet and designing the pivot table from there, are there any other methods that i can use

If i consolidate the datas onto a new worksheet, then i would need to create links to the orginal source, and i do not want to do this.

Can anyone plse help

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Shane

Choose Data, Pivot Table and slect Multiple Selections
you can select a range from the first sheet with the ref
edit tool then add it to the list.

Select the range on the next sheet and add this to the
list.

When all the ranges have been added complete the Pivot
Table as normal.

Good Luck
Peter

0
anonymous (74722)

Pivot tables in Excel
Yippee, I am so happy, I finally figured out how to trick excel into not showing the blank cell in a pivot table without limiting my data set! In the Pivot table layout move the field from row to page. Then double click on the field and click on the "blank" to hide it. Move the field back to row and hit finish. It seems like you always have to "trick" MS software to do what you want. ...

Form for table
Here's the problem: Access 2003, XP Pro- I have three tables that are related by primary keys. I have a table[Table QC] that has the field [EmployeeID], the data type is number--that field is linked to the autonumber primary key of the Employees Table. So far so good. I am trying to make a form that has a combo box that looks to the Employee Table to get me the drop down of the employees (Last Name, First Name). The SQL statement builds out okay, and I get the correct name config., but because the data type is a number it won't accept the data. I looked at the Northwind example and i...

error sending from 5.5 to 2000
When a user sends from an exchange 5.5 mailbox to a user in exchange 2000, they receive the following error: The message was undeliverable because the recipient specified in the recipient postal address was not known at this address The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Express-Scripts;l=TEMMS014-041001192533Z-210060 <mail5.express-scripts.com #5.1.1> The same user on the 5.5 server can send to other users on the 2000 server. I looked the error up in technet and got 3 kb articles with only 1, kb295377 being anything close to my problem. I checked the entr...

Not allow entering repeated references in a column
Frank, If you don�t mind ... I will send it :) . As I don�t know your e-mail, I will give mine, which is ssouritinha@sapo.pt Just send your e-mail to my e-mail box and I will send the file. Thanks, Ritinh -- ritinh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ritinha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1566 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27195 ...

Count unique values
Hi, I've some problems to count unique items (Invoice #) in a pivot table. There is the default solution "Add-a-new-calculated-column" as mentioned on http://contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Unique, but in my case, it doesn't works. My problem is, that these values aren't in a Excel worksheet; it's a external data source - a SQL-Select via DAO/ADO. Because of that, I don't have the possibility to add a new column. Another reason is, that the pivot table should always be dynamic: Group over this field, group over another field - and always show the number of unique...

Pivot Table formatting #6
When I format my pivot tables I have "preserve formatting" checked under "PivotTable Options", and "Autoformat Table" unchecked. Even so, I either lose portions of my formatting, or different formatting is applied when I refresh. Does anyone know what I am doing incorrectly or have any other suggestions? Thanks, Phil Other things to try -- if they don't work, you could record a macro as you refresh and reformat the pivot table. Then, run that when you want to update. --Instead of selecting the cells to format the numbers, right-click the field but...

pivot
How to take a copy of data on the web to a pivot tabel? ex. take a copy of ford and fiat cars in bilbasen.dk... HOW!? Import the data onto a worksheet (Data>Import External Data> New Web Query) Then, create a pivot table from the imported data Louise wrote: > How to take a copy of data on the web to a pivot tabel? ex. take a copy of > ford and fiat cars in bilbasen.dk... HOW!? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Hi. thanks.. but I already tried it. when I click the import button, to my selected "zone&qu...

From temporary table to master table and then join this in junction table
Hello, I have imported two spreadsheets from excel to two temporary tables called "import_tbl_contract" and "import_tbl_products". I do this on daily basis and import many spreadsheets. I end up with these data: [import_tbl_contract] contract_number contract_title start_date end_date [import_tbl_products] product_number product_text price I now append these data to the following two tables: [tbl_contract] contract_id (PK) contract_title start_date end_date e.g. 1; Syringes and needles; 01-01-2010; 31-12-2010 [tbl_products] product_id ...

Can I set my custom views on Pivot table
I want to get Pivot table data on my invoice, is it possible to set custom views so that I can get Pivot table results on invoice format, I've tried views that offer excel but it doesn't offer custom views please help Thanks ...

Ex5.5 to Ex2003 intra org migration
Hi I have migrated from E5.5 to E2003 intra-Org migration and chose the option SID migration via ADMT during migration . I 've notice that both source domain and target domain accounts have been added to mailbox and public folder resources which doesn't appear to be a problem at the moment. However in the near future when I do decide to remove the source domain would I be left with "zombie" source domain accounts??? In addition, granted that I chose to migrate SID history what will be the result when the source Doman is remove. Will there be any performance impact ??...

List Running Horizontally-Pivot Table Possible?
I just had a customer ask this one and I'm not so sure about it. 1) The customer has setup a list of information that is running horizontally instead of the typical list running vertically. 2) I just taught him how to do pivot tables and he wants to generate a pivot table with his "horizontal" list. 3) I know he can copy and paste special and use the Transpose feature to change the list from horizontally oriented to vertically oriented. 4) the question is: can he leave the table in its original orientation and still generate Pivot tables? I can't seem to make it work ...

Replication partner exch 5.5 crashed
Hello Everyone. We recently installed exchange server 2003, had it coexisting with exchange 5.5 . We used the pfmigrate tool to create replication of public folders,I had also moved around 75% of the users mail boxes to the 2003 server.Unfortunately Ifound out that the exchange 5.5 server has crashed and now we cannot send or receive emails because earlier the mail flow was from 2003 to 5.5 and internet and vice versa. How can I remove the 5.5 server and set the 2003 server to receive emails completely. Also I do have a backup of the 5.5 server , can I restore the 5.5 mail box to t...

Pivot table and organizing data
This one is really making me scratch my head. Here is the story. I have a list of information which I am pulling in via a query from SQL. Data is good and it correctly comes into Excel (03 or 07). I have five columns with data: Date, Time, AccountID , Status. First two are self-explanatory; third is a 3-letter ID, forth is a status (pass/fail). Ok, now that you have an idea, here is what I need: 1. List the account IDs as a column 2. List the dates as rows 3. Place the alert into the location that corresponds to the appropriate data and account I know this 'sounds' like a strai...

5 steps to create a publication,the workplan
I need to know at least 5 steps to creating a workplan in pulisher. homework? 1- turn on computer 2- open Publisher 3- File | New 4- File | Page Setup 5- Design your thing 6- File | Save your thing oops thats 6 "thinking" <thinking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B4E2A10-BCB0-473D-B52A-EFCBB658D856@microsoft.com... |I need to know at least 5 steps to creating a workplan in pulisher. Thinking? This newsgroup is dedicated to solving problems with MS Office Publisher. Not doing your class assignment. "thinking" <thinking@discussions.micros...

Validation #5
We need to set up an excel sheet that can e-mailed to a customer , they will "sign" off on changes somehow and e-mail us back the sheet. How can we set up a sheet where can "validate" the customer has read and signed off on changes? I would use an email button that has a message pop up that says "By clicking OK, you verify that the changes about to be emailed are correct." Or something like that. :) When the user hits OK, the file is emailed back to you automatically. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "schmidtbaby" <mike.schmidt@na....

background cleanup attachment errors in exchange 5.5
Hello all Can anybody suggest why this error might occur or whether it is cause for concern I found 821339 in the kb, but it's for exchange 2k. We're using exchange 5.5 Thanks in advance -Shanno Event Type: Erro Event Source: MSExchangeIS Privat Event Category: Background Cleanup Event ID: 110 Date: 5/13/200 Time: 1:45:05 P User: N/ Computer: SAGENTEXC Description Error 0xfffff9bf occurred during a background cleanup on attachment 14-A47DFA. You can try brining down the Store and running isinteg. -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do ...

Migrating E5.5/NT4 to E2003/W2K
I am going to be migrating E5.5 to E2003 very soon Can anyone please give me tips as I would like to avoid as many probs a possible. I can use the same IP, Domain name etc Thanks in Advance Hi, Done a few of those You could do an in-place upgrade but you must be absolutely sure about your backups. For me, the easiest (and probably safest) way is to do a new installation of 2003 and run the two systems in parralel until all users have been migrated to the new system before shutting down the old system. I short: Suppose you have alias@demo.com as your current e-mail domain: 1. Create a...

Chart Wizard #5
Does excel 2007 have a chart wizard? If so, how do I access it? The chart wizard no longer exists in Excel 2007, RIP. You create a chart using the various chart buttons on the Insert tab, then struggle through the three Chart Tools contextual tabs looking for the controls to set up the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Liberty" <Liberty @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C1186EF-4C15-4E3D-A642-D0EA334C1192@microsoft.com... > Does excel...

Why became my database file 5 times larger in Access 2007?
I have a database in Access 2000 file format witch I have developed for several years. The filesize is 4,9 MB. When I resently moved this file to my new notebook with Windows Vista and Access 2007, and filled it with with a certain amount if information (not that much, there was allredy some ground information written to it), I notized the file size had grown to 26,8 MB, more than 5 times larger. I have allso another copy of the same database on my notebook, witch I only have opened a couple of times and not written much to. This file has not grown at all. Anyone who knows what this is ...

accessing an exchange 5.5 Server from a diferant Domain
I have a few users that are members of sister offices. Since they are working with us they needed to get email form our Exchange 5.5 Server. They are a member of deferent 2000 domains we are on 2003. I gave them an account on our domain and a mailbox and when you go to set up the Outlook client the application see the account but they can not access the server. What do I need to do? What outlook client are they using? You have to select the option in outlook to not use authentication, when you do that, they will get an authentication box, that will let them put in the correct user...

Pivot Table data values
I need make a pivot table using the values as the data. I used to be able to do this, but now it only sums, counts or calculates. Is there a way to return the data values? ...

Convert Pivot Table to Values in Macro
The code below converts multiple worksheets to values. Except, as I discovered recently Pivot Tables. Can you help modify the code to also convert Pivot Tables to Values? ============= Sub SetAllSheetsToValues() Dim shtSheet As Worksheet, shtActive As Worksheet Dim rngR As Range, rngCell As Range Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set shtActive = ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet For Each shtSheet In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets With shtSheet If .ProtectContents = False Then ' skip protected sheets On Error Resume Next Set rngR = .UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas, _ xlErro...

Exchange 5.5 email problem
I have an Active Directory network with an Exchange 5.5 server running on a Windows NT box. I am hosting 3 email domains on that box. For example lets call them mydomain1.com, mydomain2.com and mydomain3.com. All external emails come in and work just fine except for the mydomain3.com emails. My internal Active Dirctory domain is mydomain3.com. Currently my Exchange server on the NT box is pointing at the internal DNS server that forwards requests to the outside. I was thinking my problem is that and that I might need to have the NT box with Exchange on it use our ISP DNS servers instead. ...