Pivot Tables 2003 v 2007

So I have an odd question.. I have a pivot table (created in Excel 2003) that
links to data (also created in Excel 2003). This Pivot Table has a report
filter that allows me to select dates. Right now I do not have the "all"
selected in this report filter but actually have the days selected. When I
add new data to the data.xls and refresh my pivot table it automatically adds
the new dates and selects them automatically to show up in my Pivot table
results... This is what I want to happen.

Now, I also have a pivot table (created in Excel 2007) that links to the
same data (created in Excel 2003) from before. When I add new data and
refresh the Excel 2007 Pivot table it adds the new dates but does NOT
automatically select them to include in my pivot results. I have search all
over but cannot find the setting that controls this

Anyone know why this would be?

Pocket PC and Outlook 2003
When I open Outlook 2003 and send/receive mail and then close Outlook 2003 I get the following error in the system tray (where the clock is) "Outlook is not responding. If you are using an exchange server e-mail account, you can cancel pending server requests by clicking the Outlook icon in the notifications area, and then clicking cancel server requests on the shortcut menu" I do not sync my mail with the pocket PC and am not using an exchange server (the check box to sync with the exchange server is not checked). Any ideas? Thanks Tom ...

second exchange server 2003
Dear All, I have now exch2k3 with internet domain name different from internal domain name and it is also behind the ISA server. and it is working well . now we have another internet domain name and I want to install new exch2k3 with this new internet domain name . what I want to do is to make any user in my active directory domain have tow profiles or accounts the first one is user@internetdomain1.com and the second one is user@internetdomain2.ocm I mean tow exch2k3 servers with one internet domain in each one and the tow are in the active directory domain and also the tow are behind the ISA ...

MS Office Small Business 2007
I downloaded the trial edition of MS Office Small Business 2007 to get MS Office Document Imaging to allow me to open multiple page efiles. I already have the 2003 version that does have Document Imaging, but that does not allow me open my file either. That's why I thought I needed the upgrade. Document Imaging in not in the 2007 version that I downloaded and I still can't open multiple page files. What do I need? -- Sue This is a Mac Office newsgroup. For a list of all PC groups see: Office Discussion Groups <http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOvervie...

Pivot Table question:
If I have a simple spreadsheet, with: acctNo Call Month Number of Calls 23142 Feb-2003 12 23142 Mar-2003 90 25943 Feb-2003 24 25943 Mar-2003 32 26044 Mar-2003 1 1260 Feb-2003 144 1260 Mar-2003 615 25828 Mar-2003 59 17688 Mar-2003 359 5235 Mar-2003 4 23042 Mar-2003 53 Then I can very easy generate a pivot table like this: Sum of Number of Calls Call Month acctNo 2003/02/01 2003/03/01 (blank) Grand Total 1260 144 615 759 5235 4 4 17688 359 359 23042 53 53 23142 12 90 ...

Exchange 2003 server slow to notify OWA clients of new messages
This is impacting OWA and Windows Mobile devices since they use HTTP refresh from the server. The server is Windows 2003 Server, SP1 with all hotfixes and Exchange SP2 with all hotfixes. OWA and Windows Mobile notifications were instantaneous (virtually) a few weeks ago. Then, for no apparent reason, they now take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes to be processed. Outlook desktop clients still get emails normally, it only seems to be the HTTP notifications not working right. The server has been rebooted but that didn't fix it. Any suggestions as to where I could start looking to troubleshoo...

creating sorted copy of table on second sheet
Hello all, table on sheet 1 consists of (say) a row with names and a row with room numbers and is sorted by name. (First row is header and not included in sorting.) I want to create a copy of this table on a second sheet containing the same data sorted by room number which automatically re-sorts when the data in the first table is changed. I could think of a matrix function but could not find any. Any idea? -- email me: change "nospam" to "w.hennings" Dipl.-Ing.(=M.Sc.Eng.) Wilfried Hennings c./o. Forschungszentrum (Research Center) Juelich GmbH, MUT <http://www.fz-juel...

play sound when closing Excel 2007
How do I get Excel to play a sound when I close the program? The command: Application.Quit will close the program. Consider using it in a dedicate Quit_Excel() Macro together with the VBA beep command and /or running a short sound file. Define a keyboard shortcut for that Macro and/or an Icon in one of the toolbars. Micky "Pirgnori" wrote: > How do I get Excel to play a sound when I close the program? ...

suppressing table header on a page
I have a worksheet with column headers (rows) repeating on all pages. The last page is text, with no tabular materail. Is there a way to prevent the header from printing on this page? Kevin, I don't think there's a way to get the rows to repeat to not appear on the last page. A macro could print all but the last page, change the rows to repeat to nothing, then print the last page. But that would change the pagination -- the last page would no longer be the same. Probably not worth persuing. Consider putting the text on a subsequent sheet. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ...

Style in Access 2007
Hi, I am new to Access 2007. I notice that styles in Access 2007 form header (thru wizard) is nice. Is there a way for Access 2007 to alloe user to build custom style? SF Sure, drop down the AutoFormat gallery and choose "AutoFormats Wizard..." in the bottom of the page. Click in the customize button in the dialog. Follow directions to update the themes. The graphic doesn't change in the preview but the effect of the option should update your form. here is a help topic. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA102190041033.aspx?pid=CH100645661033 clint covington M...

Pivot Table Percentage of Grand Total Column
Here is my problem. I am using Pivot Table to summarize financial data to preform a margin analysis on it. Currently I receive a dump of data from the system which turn is put into the pivot table. The way the pivot table is currently displayed is as follows: Sum of Amount Account Customer 40000 43000 50000 Grand Total ABC $4,000.00 $(50.00) $(3,000.00) $950.00 PDQ $6,000.00 $(350.00) $(4,000.00) $1,650.00 XYZ $5,000.00 $(500.00) $(3,500.00) $1,000.00 Grand Total $15,000.00 $(900.00) $(1...

Access 2003
Hi all I've made a database in Access 2007. (Saved it with compatibility with 2000) It is the intention to use this database in a Access 2003 envoirment. In 2007 you got the option to save a Import or Export process. In VBA i call: DoCmd.RunSavedImportExport "ImportScheuten" Now I discover that there is no option to save a Import process in 2003. All the information I can find says this, but is this definitly true or is there a way to work around this issue? Kind regards Erwin Erwin, Offhand I don't know the specific answer to your question. But I would say that...

access a website from excel 2003 spreadsheet
Since I upgraded my office professional from 2000 to 2003 many strange things are happening and one of them is that from a list of websites taht i check weekly, I am no longer able to click on the link and access the websites. Anybody can help in solving this problem? Thanks, ...

How Write New Field Data From Form Entry Into A Separate Table
I have a form which contains a listbox. When the user double-clicks on the listbox a 2nd form opens and the user can make a new record entry. On this 2nd form is a field named "txtChillN". When the user has made the entry into this 2nd form I want the value of "txtChillN" to be entered into an unbound table named "tblChills". The field name in this table is "ChillN'. How do I do this? Simplest solution would be to Execute an Append query statement. You can mock up a query using any old value for the insert. Then switch the query to ...

TWO VERSIONS OF PUBLISHER 2003
Somewhere I have seen 2 versions of Microsoft Publisher 2003. Publisher 2003 and Publisher 2003 Deluxe. Am I the only one who has seen this? If not, can someone tell me the difference between them? Can you tell me the prices of each or where I can find the information? Thanks in advance. "boyshanks" <boyshanks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7464AA09-15F3-48D6-BC07-D85EDF12E05B@microsoft.com... > > Somewhere I have seen 2 versions of Microsoft Publisher 2003. > > Publisher 2003 and Publisher 2003 Deluxe. > > Am I the only one who has...

Pivot charts
I am using pivot charts to make lots of mini charts from a large set of data. Every time I add to the data and refresh the charts they lose their formatting and I have to go through and reformat everything! I have to change the colours and the font size, it’s driving me crazy. Is there a way to stop it reformatting everything and making it keep my changes? -- Thanks, Rob E. Hi, This is a know problem. Changing a PivotChart removes series formatting in Excel http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q215904 Cheers Andy Rob E wrote: > I am using pivot charts to make ...

exchange 2003 email access
Can I setup exchange 2003 clients to login to it as apposed to being authenticated by the DOMAIN? I have two domains in diferrent locations but want to share one exchange and accessed by IP address as apposed to the computer name. Thanks, Raul Rego rrego@njpies.org Can you explain what you're trying to achieve a little more? Are you trying to get users from domain A to access an exchange server in domain B? "Raul Rego" wrote: > Can I setup exchange 2003 clients to login to it as apposed to being > authenticated by the DOMAIN? > > I have two domains in di...

Outlook 2003 Drag & Drop Emails

Move Exchange 2003 database to different server
Does anyone know if there is a way to move an Exchange database from one server to another. Anything I can try, script? utility? I try to setup a server in advance to avoid to reinstall Exchange server even with /disasterrecovey in DR situation. Thanks, Joe you cannot move a database from one server to another and mount it... "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C09891F-EEEF-470F-9A2D-7C24293E2F69@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if there is a way to move an Exchange database from one > server to another. Anything I can try, script? uti...

HELP! Transferring from OE to O-2003
I have an older computer with Outlook Express 97. It contains ALL of m previous e-mails, addresses, etc. I have purchased a new compute which came with Outlook 2003. How do I migrate my files, folders addresses, e-mails, etc. to the new computer? I will be formatting th old computer and selling it, so they can't stay on it. There are to many to forward to myself (probably in the thousands). Many ar work-related and must be kept for record-keeping. I cannot find how t transfer into O-2003. Please help! Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from ...

NT 4 to 2003 with AD/Exchange 5.5
Hello, I am upgrading to a windows 2003 domain with AD from NT 4.0. Exchange 5.5 will remain in place for a couple of months. Do I need to install the Active Directory Connector on one of our new Domain Controllers. If I do? How can I prevent from changing the display names in Active Directory. When it syncs from exchange 5.5 to AD it changes the display name from logon name to their Full exchange 5.5 name? Do I need to run domain prep or forest prep before installing the ADC? Sorry for all the questions. Tomorrow is a big day. Thanks, Dave ...

Pivot / general chart formatting question
Hi I'm writing some code to preserve the formatting of a couple of pivot charts (one stacked bar and one pie) using Excel XP. I found reference to the fact formatting is reset when the pivot is recalculated etc. (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q215904), not a very usefull article by the way. Just tells us to write some code. Anyway... I am able to reference and format various series by name in the bar charts, but in the pie chart, if I record a macro the fomatting is associated with a point within the series. I need to be able to reference the points by na...

Exchange on SBS 2003 #2
Hi Everyone. I am a bit of a newbie on exchange and have a question. I have configured my server to enable me to pick up my email from the ISP, I currently use the account provided as standard so everything to the domain goes to it. I have set this account up as the global account on the exchange server for getting POP email from my domain. In addition I have two users, User A and User B, these both receive internet mail which the Exchange server picks up for them and has it delivered , this works OK, So far so good. I want to set up a public folder called 'Sales Mail' which b...

Can't open word 2007 with .doc extension using word 2003 and conve
The converter seems to be picky about Extensions. If the extension of the file is .docx, it opens and converts just fine in 2003. But if it is doc or some other unknown extension to the system, word never uses the converter, instead I am asked to select the encoding. If there were just 1 file I was trying to deal with I would just rename it to docx, but we have multiple people that have been saving away office 2007 format files with .doc extensions. I can't tell which are 2007 and which aren't and for the users that have 2003, the converter won't open them. Any id...

Pivot Table Question : If statment in Pivot Table??
I have looked for this answer but have not found it. I want to.....Count all widgets when account info ="". I have 8,000 inventory records. I only want them counted in the pivot table when it has not been sold or is not currently being rented. Can I do this in a pivot table? Many thanks, Steve Can we assume you have a column that indicates the record's status? If so, drop that column into your pivot table's Page field, then use the page drop-down to select only those meeting your criteria. (You could also put the status in a column field, which gives you a bit m...

Users not showing in GAL
I've inherited an Exchange 2003 server that has two Global Address Lists. I'd like to remove the 'extra' one and let the Default GAL be what we use. We're just a single domain without any need for two GALs. I've experimented by deleting the 'extra' GAL and after it was deleted, no users were visible in Outlook. I've determined that the 'extra' GAL had a few more members in it, however the permissions on both GALS were exactly the same. I've also looked at a few user objects in adsiedit and the showinaddressbook attribute shows the 'ex...