Pivot Table Wizard in 2007

I've recently started using Office 2007.  I have 3 pivot tables that I need
to update the data source each month.  I was able to do this through the
options page, however, 2 of the tables are swapping some data and I wanted to
look at the wizard (that I'm familiar with) to see what the issue is, but I
can't make it appear.
Thanks,

Jane N;703332 Wrote:

I've recently started using Office 2007.  I have 3 pivot tables that I
need
> to update the data source each month.  I was able to do this through
the
> options page, however, 2 of the tables are swapping some data and I
wanted to
> look at the wizard (that I'm familiar with) to see what the issue is,
but I
> can't make it appear.
> Thanks,

Hi, Jane,

Go to the office button, excel options at lower right, customize,
choose commands not in ribbon, scroll down to Pivot Table and Pivot
Chart Wizard, click add and this should add the wizard to your Quick
Access Toolbar.  You could also try shortcut Alt-D then P and see if
that will bring the wizard up.

Hope this helps.
Dianne

--
Dianne
Dianne's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1755

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

0
Dianne
4/19/2010 10:57:15 PM
Hi Jane

You have the answer of Alt+D+P to bring up the wizard.
But, I am curious as to why you need to update the data source each month?
Are you saying you need to extend the source range, to accommodate the
new data that has been added to the source table?
If so, this is something you should never need to do.

In XL2007, don't go straight to a Pivot Table.
Instead, place your cursor in your source data>Insert tab>Table>check my
table has headers.
With your cursor within the Table, click on the Design tab that appears
and give the table a meaningful name (rather than the default Table 1).
 From the design tab>Summarise with Pivot Table (when creating new PT's)
and it will use that table as it's source.
The table that has been created will automatically grow in dimensions as
you add more data. Your PT will reflect these additions, whenever you
refresh the table.

If you are just wanting to change what is the source for your PT, then
in XL2007 you do not require the old wizard.
With your cursor within the PT, click on the Options tab>Data
section>Change Data source.

I hope that this helps.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

Jane N wrote:
> I've recently started using Office 2007.  I have 3 pivot tables that I need
> to update the data source each month.  I was able to do this through the
> options page, however, 2 of the tables are swapping some data and I wanted to
> look at the wizard (that I'm familiar with) to see what the issue is, but I
> can't make it appear.
> Thanks,
0
Roger

Setting the default contact list for Outlook 2007
When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact list, by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to make my Contact List the default? "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED962FD-27E7-42BA-B0CE-FEA9256DDEC4@microsoft.com... > When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact > list, > by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to > make my Contact List the default? When that Address Book window opens, click Tool...

What happened to Pivot Table "Show Pages"?
What happened to the functionality in Pivot Tables to write a new worksheet for each value in a Page Field? I'm sure that it was available in earlier versions of Excel, indeed there are references to "show pages" in other threads in this group, but I can't find it in Excel 2003. Did it go away? -- Jim On the Pivot Table toolbar, choose PivotTable > Show Pages Jim Molter wrote: > What happened to the functionality in Pivot Tables to write a new worksheet > for each value in a Page Field? > I'm sure that it was available in earlier versions of Excel, in...

Very slow to make changes in Excel 2007 sp2
I have a machine with Excel 2007 sp2 that when making changes takes a very long time... so if I bold or un-bold a cell it will take up to 30 seconds... once the change is made I can undo/redo and it is instant, but if I un-bold the same cell instead of undo it again takes up to 30 seconds. Is there a procedure to try and diagnose what is causing this? Thanks ...

The easiest way to copy a sheet of formulas! (Excel 2007)
Hi everyone! After many hours of fiddling with Excel 2007, I believe that I have finally discovered the easiest way to copy a full sheet of formulas between workbooks which eliminates references to the source workbook. Several people here have suggested solutions which involve the use VBA code or copying each individual formula from the formula bar and pasting them into the destination sheet's cells. I believe that I found an easier way (with Excel 2007) Suppose you have two workbooks: "formulas.xlsx" and "dest.xlsx". 1) Go to "formulas.xlsx"...

Word 2007 show combined revisions in one document
I combined several sets of revisions in one document and noticed a peculiarity: when a word was replaced without deleting the space after the word and inserting a new space, the deleted word would show up twice in the combined-revisions document -- once before the inserted word and once after. So it looked like this: (replacing "dogs" with "cats" -- I'm USING caps to show the deleted word) I like DOGScatsDOGS. Where the space had been left in, it looked correct: I like DOGS cats. There was no problem in this respect with the individual redlined do...

Word 2007: Multi-level lists
Howdy: I'm numbering the appendices using a multi-level list. The first level uses Alphas where the number of appendices goes beyond Z i.e. A B C .... X Y Z AA BB CC ... ZZ Is there any way that I can change the format so that when the list reaches Z, the numbering continues as follows: A B C ... X Y Z AA AB AC ... Thanks, -- Kim See the "Generate a number sequence like Excel uses to number columns" item under the Nifty Numbering section of fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at: http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/ -- ...

Amortization Table
Is there an amortization table in Excel with Office 2000 Professional. If so, how do I access it? If not where can I get one free. I need to figure payments for a 3 year loan at 10% interest. Microsoft has a loan amortization schedule here... http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101443641033.aspx also, The free Excel add-in "Calculate Payments" could be helpful. Download from... http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware No registration required. -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Linda W" <LindaW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message Is th...

Outlook 2007 and Appointment Reminders
I am new to Outlook, so this may have been covered, but on the ToDo Bar (just under the small calendar), a reminder shows up for appointments I have scheduled for next month. I have tried changing the notification period, but the reminder remains. Is there a way to make it only visible during the time of the notification period I have chosen, like a week or day ahead of time? These are recurring appointments if it makes any difference. Maybe everyone just leaves the ToDo Bar closed and just waits for a popup reminder--- Thanks, Clark You can't do that. The only options for cu...

Can you link tables in Publisher?
I would like to link a table in Publsiher so it flows from on page to another. Can seem to find anyway to do this. You cannot do this in Publisher. Word has this capability. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Greenfield" <Greenfield@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A619EEE-7AA0-422A-AC15-4A26A2986B84@microsoft.com... >I would like to link a table in Publsiher so it flows from on page to > another. Can seem to find anyway to do this. Thank you. At least now I know that I have...

Pivot Table
How to avoid Zero Sum of Values appearing in a pivot table? The field items does have data but the amounts cancel each because they are equal and opposite. The following code will hide row items with a zero total (Excel 2002): '=============================== Sub HideZeroItemTotals() 'hide rows that contain zero totals 'by Debra Dalgleish Dim r As Integer Dim i As Integer Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField Dim df As PivotField Dim pi As PivotItem Dim pd As Range Dim str As String Set pt = Sheets("Pivot").PivotTables(1) Set df = pt.PivotFields("Units") ...

RE: RM Temp Tables
I am trying to recreate the RM HATB report in Crystal. Which tables can be used instead of the RM Temp tables. Jacqueline Chay You would probably need to use the following tables. RM_Customer_MSTR (RM00101) RM_Customer_MSTR_SUM (RM00103) RM_OPEN (RM20101) RM_Applied_OPEN (RM20201) RM_HISTORY(RM30101) RM_Applied_History (RM30201) Good luck David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics mailto:David.Musgrave@onlin...

"Unnormalize" table
Hello I have a table which looks like this: DRG Patient Costs ================== A a 10 A b 20 A c 15 B a 30 and so on. Now I have to convert it to something like this: DRG Costs1 Costs2 Costs3 ============================ A 10 20 15 B 30 Very ugly but I need it this way for Excel. How can I do that? <julius.fuchs wrote: > Hello > > I have a table which looks like this: > > DRG Patient Costs > ================== > A ...

office home and student 2007 03-02-10
I can't find my disc but i have my product key. How do i download it again? How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service packs, and replace product manuals http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246 Michelle wrote: > I can't find my disc but i have my product key. How do i download it again? ...

Refreshing Pivot table
Hi All. I have a workbook with 6 sheets. Each sheet has a pivot table. I have a button on another form that runs a query and populates yet another sheet that each pivot table pulls from. I want the pivot tables to refresh after the query is run. I loop through all the sheets and then loop through all pivot tables and call RefreshTable on each. I've also tried Refresh. What happens is that first 2 sheets seems to refresh but the others don't. Also, if there are no records when the pivot tables refresh they reduce down to just the rows and column (which is normal) b...

spreading a table over two pages
I am using office 2000. I would like to know how to auto flow tables over two pages using microsoft publisher. I have a table on the bottom of one page and it is too large and i want it to automatically spread onto the nest page in my document. Thanks JJ You could make the page longer. -- Don Vancouver, USA "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:481E0791-B780-4451-A371-8D2C36995343@microsoft.com... >I am using office 2000. I would like to know how to auto flow tables over > two pages using microsoft publisher. I have a table on the bottom...

setting check box on tables
Hello there I have application on access 2003 adp. To some subForm i have i bound access table in order to make it the dinamicly way to work. The table is sql server 2005. in the table there are bit values. I would like to present them in my table as checkboxes and not as yes/no or true/false. Is there a way to so so automaticly? ...

How to import address list tables into Excel
I have an address list in Word that looks like this: ____________________________________ | Mr Smith | | 34 swanky st. | | Bufftton 3454-123 | | UK | |___________________________________| | Fat Bread Co. | | Attn. Justin Jock | | 453 Long Drive | | Staten Island | | 232434...

In ms Outlook 2007 there is no Clipboard Group
I wish to do multiple pastes in Outlook with an open message yet there is no clipboard group to set that up. What can I do? Where are you looking? When composing a message, it is the first group on the Messages tab. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "pogostick" <pogostick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6CFEBEF-8C1B-4539-8A96-553F5DA5D210@mi...

Problems converting old DB to Access 2007
I have a DB created in a prior version of Access (I think it was Access 2003, fiel extension ****.mdb) that I am trying to convert to Access 2007. The help instructions say to open the DB, do a "save as" Access 2007 format. However, I get error message saying "You attempted to open a database that is already opened exclusively by user 'Admin" on machine 'xxxx'. Try again when the database is available." I am the only one who has the DB open. The machine referenced in the error message is my machine. What is going on and how do I fix it...

Tricky little combo/table problem
Here's a tricky little problem I am trying to figure out. I'm sure someone out there should be able to help me without breaking anything. Heres the problem.... I have a form that has an underlying table attached. I have a combo box pull in a pull down list of locations from that table. What I would like to happen is, I would like it so the user will select a location from that combo box, and then click a command button. When they click that button, I need whatever they chose in the comobo box to copy over to a NEW table, which will be referenced later by my program. Say the table being...

Exchange 2007
Hi Does anyone know when will a version ot Exchange 2007 router be available. Thanks Kyaw Hi Kyaw, You may find the information you require here : http://www.crmwatcher.com/2007/03/only-crm-40-e-mail-router-to-be.html HTH, Niths "Kyaw Zay Ya" wrote: > Hi > > Does anyone know when will a version ot Exchange 2007 router be available. > > Thanks > Kyaw > > > So - can we use the CRM 4.0 router in a CRM 3.0 environment? I understand the fact that Exchange 2007 will only run in 64-bit - which is why the CRM 3.0 router will not function. But ...

Copy date from a form to a different table
Good Morning to all. I have a database that i use. i have a table "stock" and a table "materials subform" The form i use to write the data to the subform extracts its data from the "stock" table. I do a simple cculation and then i need to write 1 field back to the "stock" table. The names used in the "stock" table are "partnumber" "quantityinstock" "costprice" and "sellprice". In the subform the fields are "partno" "tempqty" "buyprice" and "myprice" . What i wan...

Pivot Table Data Source
Where in 2007 can I change the data source for a pivot table to look at the first pivot table I created (instead of looking directly at the raw data sheet)? ...

Downloading Office Pro 2007 to a Netbook
Just bought a Netbook. I have CD for Office Pro 2007. How do I get this onto my Netbook as I have no drive for the disk. Does Microsoft help with this. Don't want to copy because of lost files. Thanks You need an external drive (USB CD/DVD) or network connection with an image of the installation media on the network. You are correct; copying won't work. -- Susan Ramlet **please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit** "Lucy" <Lucy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9B261A1-F469-45C8-B263-ACA70B8AB6E6@microsoft.com... > Ju...

Dynamics CRM 4.0: Virtual PC Image (RC0 Release)-Last Modified 18/11/2007
https://mbs.microsoft.com/Cms/Templates/document/General.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID={78370CDE-2EA2-439C-8A03-3C690992D044}&NRORIGINALURL=/partnersource/products/mscrm/newsevents/news/CRM4VPCImageRC0Release&NRCACHEHINT=Guest&wa=wsignin1.0 -- Aamir http://danishmscrm.blogspot.com/ ...