Pivot table - Text in Data field

The item i want in my data field is text (words).  I do not want a count or a
sum of this data.  Is there any way to see text data in a pivot table?
0
pum75 (2)

It is possible to show text fields as first, second, third... item in
Rows or Columns.  I never had them in Data section.
--
Topola

0
tpolak (59)
11/17/2005 3:26:29 PM
Not in the data fields--they're numeric summaries.

You can put them in the row/column or page field, though.

pum75 wrote:

> The item i want in my data field is text (words).  I do not want a count or a
> sum of this data.  Is there any way to see text data in a pivot table?

--

Dave Peterson
0

Items options table name???
I am trying to find the name of the table that holds the "item option" settings. It is located under configuration-->options tab. This is where you check or uncheck configuration settings of the pos software and the folders are called Customer options, General options, Item option, POS options, and so on. Thanks Dave Dave - look in dbo.configuration; there's a couple of entries for "options", but I don't know off the top of my head the specific options tracked. I have not seen a separate table that tracks "options". Hope this helps... "D...

Sorting pivot table by specific field (column)
Hey guys (and girls), Anyone know how to sort a pivot table by a specific field (not the total sum of the fields)? For instance, if I have 5 years of data 2002-6 and 20 countries. If I make a pivot table of these I get 21 rows (the countries + total) and 6 columns for years (5 years of data + total). If I use the Field Settings --> Advanced --> Sort by field the Pivot table (PT) will be sorted by the sum of the different fields. What if I don't want this, but rater want to sort it by for instance year 2003. How do I do that? Anyone have a nice and clever solution? Much appreciated...

delete data between subtotals
I would like to delete all data between my subtotals without the subtotals changing. I tried to collapse the whole sheet and to copy the then visible data (with paste values only). this did not work. is there any other way to get rid of data between subtotals? appreciate your help. please see attachement. Attachment filename: illustration_1.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=446537 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi see Peo's response in your original thread -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany >...

Picts in text
When I receive picture or other e-mail from a friend it occasionally arrives as a "txt" file. Not all the time... Occasionally also, if he sends me a series of, say 5 or 6 picts I have just a box with the red x, but as I sroll farther down the page the pictures are present. thanks in advance, jem what email client does he use? the problem could be on his end or yours. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginn...

variable field width
I need to display client name and associated address information. There are three rows of data which are taken from the contacts table. The field boxes are all fixed in width, I want to make the width dependant on the data length, and if the field data are short, the boxes would leave no extra white space. I may have several field boxes in a row, and I would like the boxes to go right next to one another without spaces, so each field box position is anchored to the end of the previous field box. How would I implement this? John. John D. wrote: > I need to displ...

Table Cell
I have created a form using a table. I want to lock or block cells that should not be changed. How do you do this? ...

multiple text edit
Hi all, I'm a beginner when it comes to Visio. I’m using Visio 2007 and I’m wondering if the following is possible. What I want to be able to do is to change the text in a number of textboxes by just editing one of them - that is, when I change the text in one textbox, the three other textboxes will display what I’ve just written automatically. Can this be done? Thanks in advance. the answer is "kinda". You can coordinate text between shapes so that changing a specific shape will be mirrored to others. It's a one to many, you don't get the option of changing anyo...

How to show a count of Unique IDs in a Pivot Table
Is there a way to use Pivot tables in a way that shows a count of Unique IDs (over time). The problem I am having in using the Pivot table to show trended data, is that the "Count" option produces a count of each record that has any information, when oftentimes I simply need a count of unique IDs. So the below Column would have a count of 3 Names, when I prefer for it to produce a count of 1 Name. Any recommendations would be appreciated..... Name --------- David David David Excel 2007 PivotTable Count Unique IDs http://www.mediafire.com/file/dgmmaznjyy2/06_21_09.xlsx Thanks ve...

Multi Table Inser Query
Hello ... im new to Access so i need some expert help. im creating an application for my organization where i have this one form in which i collect all the required data and need to save it in table but the problem it this form is connected to to different tables. how can i save the data via query on one click to two different tables ? If you have several tables, each with essentially the same fields, and you need to connect up your form to different tables at different times, you have not built a database. That kind of thing might make sense in a spreadsheet, where you create a sheet ...

External data query using MAX/SUM
I'm trying to create an external data link using Microsoft Query. Ho do I write SQL in Microsoft query that will return a max date and su an amount field for the max date only? Current SQL is as follows: SELECT DISTINCT CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME Max(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.POST_DATE), Sum(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.EXPOSURE_AMT) Count(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.NBR_AVG_MATY_YRS) FROM CB06U.CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO, CB06U.CB_PORTFOLIO_DM CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN WHERE CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_ID = CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.PORTFOLIO_ID GROUP BY CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME This returns the sum of the exp...

Outlook client for CRM V3
We have a client who has users who want to make changes to the 'my contacts' local data group, so they sync their Outlook contacts with CRM. They all use the desktop client. But the save button is greyed out. They have a CRM role assigned with the Outlook sync permission and they have local admin rights. I've also checked they have write permissions to the C:\Documents and Settings\User.Name\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM folder and it's subfolders. What else could be disabling the save option? Becuase My Contacts is a default group, I don't think you can make c...

how to insert chart for imported data in a report?
plz reply soon if you know Please use the large white space under the subject to enter a detailed question. It also helps to read some past threads that might pertain to your question (whatever it is). -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "varsha from pilibhit" wrote: > plz reply soon if you know ...

jumping data
hi i have a form which shows customer details, and this has a subform where you can enter the date and notes about the customer. the subform is in a datasheet view. so everytime you want to add some notes about the customer, you enter the date and write the notes. there are many customers on the database, and we make quite a few notes for each customer. Now when i go into the customer and put in a note, then come out and go back into it, the data has moved up a few columns and goes into the wrong place, rather than stay in the same place where it was entered. also when...

how to produce a csv file from a unicode-saved text file
Friends, I have an excel spreadsheet (version 2000) that has Japanese characters. I would like to save it as unicode text file so that I can FTP it to my unix box for loading into an Oracle database. When I save the file as unicode text, it properly preserves the characters, but using whitespace as the delimiters. I would like to change this to a csv, but when I save as the file as CSV, the Japanese characters turn into set of ?? symbols. Is there any way around to create the unicode text file with delimiters other than whitespace? Thanks for any ideas. - Sal ...

Moving Data Automaticaly
Can you help I have a table (part shown below) the Date and Day moves automaticaly to left at midnight - is it possible to get the rest of the data to move as well 25-Nov 26-Nov 27-Nov 28-Nov Sun Mon Tue Wed 07:00 07:00 TBA on off on off on off on off 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 -- JohnM Please explain meaning of "date and day MOVES to left" Are you using conditionally formatting to highlight the cell with the current date? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bli...

Test linked form for data
Hi Groupies How can I test to see if a linked form, that might not be visible, has data? My main form has a yes/no box that enables a button when it is set to yes. The button opens a linked form. When the user moves to the next record, I would like the main forms BeforeUpdate event to make sure that the yes/no box is not set at No while there is data in the linked form for that record. I have tried something like: If Me.Form.frmVehicles.RecordsetClone.RecordCount > 0 And Me.CompanyVehicle = False Then Cancel = True MsgBox "Please check vehicles", vbOKOnly Me.f...

Data label above columns??
Hi, I have some stacked column charts and I want the data labels to appear just above each column. Is that possible? I'm using excel 2003 version and the only options i can see for the label positions are "inside end", "center" and "inside base" - so at the moment I'm moving each data label manually and this is very time concuming! Thanks in advance for any advice you offer :) K I'm afraid it's not an option due to the confusion it would cause. If the label is above the stack it refers to, it could be sitting on top of another stack, th...

Copying decimal data to another column to integer 'on the fly'
Hi, I am working on Asset registers/Depreciation Schedules and at the star of the year I need to convert over my previous years spreadsheets (fo about 40 schools) to the new financial year. This means moving the accumulate depreciation at the end of the previous year to being the 'openin depreciation' for the new year. I therefore want to copy a column of figures to another column an paste to that column as values only BUT as INTEGERS. I am running Excel 2003 - 'Paste Only' can solve the 'values' part bu does not have conversion to an integer 'on the fly'. ...

Pivot table sorting #2
Hello, I have a pivot table report for partnumber and values. This report is based on a database containing details like partnumber source import flag Description total value... etc. In my report i would like to sort the table in descending order of total value. I have tried advanced option by double clicking the total value field and changing the autosorting option to descending(total). But i am not getting the required result. My version of excel is Microsoft office excel 2003. Pivot table report is given below Source (All) Imp (All) Sub (All) Description (All) ...

Preserve format in pivot table
I have a pivot table where I formated the numbers using the "accounting" format. When I refresh the table, it goes back to the "general" format. How do I keep the "accounting" format when I refresh? Thanks Things to try -- if they don't work, you could record a macro as you refresh and reformat the pivot table. Then, run that when you want to update. Set the pivot table to preserve formatting: --On the pivot toolbar, choose PivotTable>Table Options --Add a check mark to 'Preserve formatting', click OK Depending on your version of Excel, you ...

Importing Calender data from MS Project
Hi, Has anyone has any experience exporting their calender data from MS Project into the MS Outlook calender, can this be done ?? Thanks Pete ...

Moving a line of data when information is entered in a specific cell.
HELP NEEDED. I am trying to create a spreadsheet to keep track of problems that we encounter at our volunteer organization. It is pretty simple. I am having one problem. One of my fields is "completion information." What I need is when completion information is entered into the field, I want that line of information to move to an "archived sheet". In effect, so that I have a sheet with only active problems and when the completion information is entered it moves to the archived sheet. Anyone have any suggestions? -- opshmo -----------------------------------------------...

Data Protection
Where are in the process of implementing CRM and have a number of concerns relating to Data Protection. Is there any data protection experts out there who could advice on any question we might have ? Thanks ...

How Do I specify where XML data gets imported into Excel
I have XML data that I would like to import up as fllows in a spreasheet: Cell A2: Job Number Cell A3: Customer Number A4 through A29 should recive the <AMOUNT> data B4 through B29 should receive the <QUANTITY> data etc etc Sometimes all the fields will be filled, sometimes not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Diane Hi Diane! You should see therre: microsoft.public.xml Starwing ...

Bullets in field not indenting
I have a field in my table tblCourses. One of the fields in that table, a memo field, is memCourseOutcomes. So the table contains the courses we have and that field contains (as suspected :)) the course outcomes but in bullet form. I want to use this table's fields in a report but i want those bullets to show as bullets (indented appropriately). Now in the table design i see there is an option to change the field to "Rich Text" - Is that what im suppose to do? IMO, I would normalize the table structure so you didn't store multiple course outcomes in a si...