Pivot Table Sum Columns and Rows

I am doing a Pivot Table importing data from Access and am trying to get sums
for both columns and rows.  I can get one or the other but not both.  I tried
adding a calculated field and calculated item and they do not show up, even
though I have entered a formula.  If I delete the total columns and rows,
then it lets me add a calculated field or item.  Any ideas?
0
PeterH (48)

You do not mention if you checked up under pivot table Options
Grand Totals for Columns
Grand Totals for Row

How do I go from "Chart View" to "Pivot Table Form" in a Pivot ta.
While in an Excel Pivot table created in Access, I somehow became "stuck" in a bar chart view. I'd like to view my data in "Pivot Table Form" not as a chart. Is there a toggle button or some other way to get back to a Pivot tble form? Thanks If it's an embedded Excel file, there should be sheet tabs along the bottom of the window. You probably had a cell selected in the PivotTable, then clicked the Chart Wizard button, and it inserted a new sheet for the PivotChart. Click on the other sheet tabs, and you should find the pivot table. Jersey Girl wrote: &g...

Order/Invoice Work and History tables
We use the Scribe Great Plains adapter to pass in and process orders and invoices. Off and on we have failures for one reason or another when passing the transactions. My question is: when are the SOPTYPE 2 [orders] moved from the SOP10100 & SOP10200 work tables to the SOP30200 & SOP30300 History tables? In our case we have ended up with some order transaction records still in the work tables after the corresponding invoices have processed through and been posted. I assume that the order should be in history if it has already been invoiced. I would like to know which records should...

Dates and columns
This is the layout: 12/03-------------Months in between-------------------->11/04 Now once the month of December is over and January comes in my row no reads: 01/04-------------Months in between--------------------->12/04 As a month comes to an end it drops and the current new month shift over and it adds a following month at the end. So it will always hav an updated 12 month look. Now under every month there is dat associated with it. What I want to do is capture the current month an the data associated with it and save it on another worksheet. And a the new months come in I want to ...

Searching for data and inserting new rows
Hi I have a spreadsheet from one of our clothing suppliers, which I am going to import into our database for ordering. The format is: Part No. / Description / Price / Size The size is given as a range (i.e M-XL) for each item of clothing What I want to do is analyse the size range and extract what sizes are available, then insert new rows for each of these sizes So, M-XL becomes: Part No/ Description / Price / M Part No / Description / Price / L Part No / Description / Price / XL I've got over 800 individual lines to do, so any help on automating this task would be helpful!! Thanks ...

Could someone please help me with using Columns?
I am working on a Word document, and I need to set up 4 columns in several parts of the document. In one example, in the first column I need 2 rows of text, in the second column I need 4 rows of text, in the third column I need 4 rows of text, and in the fourth column I need 3 rows of text. I sketched out an example of what I need it to look like in the following image: http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6574/wordexamplelayout.png I need to be able to specify the number of rows in each column and the text shows up in each column. Can I do this using columns in Word? Or ...

A-97 Column
Does anyone know if Access 97 has the column feature where you can pull a column number from a combo box selection. I am using DLookup to make it work, but I was wondering if the feature was out there under a different name or something. Thanks -- Michael Conroy Stamford, CT "Michael Conroy" <MichaelConroy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34BEBDBC-966F-4F41-BAAF-315438D712CF@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if Access 97 has the column feature where you can pull a > column number from a combo box selection. I am using DLookup to make it > work,...

Referencing a pivot table drop-down entry
I have a pivot table on sheet 1 of my workbook that shows sales rep results by sales manager. I select a sales manager from the pivot table drop down box and the table shows his individual reps and their results. Simultaneously, sheet 2 shows the count of sales reps from the pivot table that reached a particular attainment. I want sheet 2 to also show (at the top of the sheet) the sales manager name that is presently selected in the drop down box of the sheet 1 pivot table. How do I do this? If it's a page field, that won't move, you can use a link to the cell, e.g.: =Pivot!B1 ...

Differentiate row based on date grouping
I created a form with data sorting by date field. Some date may have more than 1 row. Samples are as follows :- Date Event 7/22/2007 AAAA 8/22/2007 AAAA 8/22/2007 BBBB 9/22/2007 CCCC Is it possible to have the Form show alternate color for row 7/22/2007, 8/22/2007 (2 rows with same color), 9/22/2007 ? Thanks in advance for your help. ...

In-Transit Transfer Smartlists / Tables
Is their a Smartlist to view the open In-Transit Transfer Entry transactions in addition to a smartlist for open/histrory receiveing transactions? I am unable to view either of those smartlists. Is their a specific security permission that I have to unlock? If no smartlists exists, what are the relates SQL table names so that I can build them? Note: We are not registered with FSS module as we are a Wennsoft SMS/JC client. Thank you in advance. -- Scott Brunskill ODS Regina Have you tried the In-Transit Transfers List that appears in the Navigation Pane under Inv...

Unable to unhide hidden columns
I have an important file that in times past I've been able to hide and unhide rows and columns as needed. Now, a number of worksheets will suddenly no longer unhide. Is there a way to force hidden columns to be unhidden, but will not prevent them from being hidden later? Thanks for any help. Michael If you hid them using a macro with xlveryhidden they can only be unhidden by code. Else, goto the cells cell(above the 1 and to the left of the A titles)>format>rows>unhide OR, row height??? set to 0 -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com...

Protecting hidden columns so they can't be unhidden ?
Hi, Is there a way to hide columns so that no one else can unhide them ? Need to send a file with data in 2 hidden columns that I don't want to be unhidden and I don't want to have to delete them. Thanks ! Gary, easiest way is to hide the columns then protect the worksheet (Tools > Protection > Protect Sheet). If there are cells that the recipients will use for data entry, unlock them (Format > Cells > Protection > Locked) first. You can also remove the row and column headers (Tools > Options > View > Row & column headers) so it won't be immediate...

I don't know how to make a data table
I don't know how to make a data table. Please help make one for me by tomorrow. AsianPride210, This is easier than you think. Column A in cell A1 TIME,cells A2 through A62. 1:00 2:00 3:00 etc. 60:00 In column B data point that changes, cell B2 through B62 what the data point was. In column C second data point that changes, cell C2 through C62 what the data point was. Looks something like: TIME 1st Data 2nd Data 1:00 15 121 2:00 16 122 3:00 16 107 4:00 18 201 and so on and...

Column Header that moves with Data?
Does anyone know if it is possible, and if so how to have a colum header move with the data? I have a sheet with a ton of data and the list is growing, I would lik to see the column header "float" with the list instead of having t scroll to the top and check it out. thanks for all help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if i'm understanding correctly - click in cell A2 and choose windows / freeze panes to undo it choose window / unfreeze panes Cheers JulieD "wendellarina >" <<wendellarina.19p7jr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in mess...

can i not allow duplicate values in the same column?
is there a way to set columns to not accept duplicate information? Take a look at http://cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm In article <4765FB37-8F89-4220-A901-B289FDCDE23F@microsoft.com>, excel newbie <excel newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > is there a way to set columns to not accept duplicate information? If the values are typed in you can use this: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm Regards, Peo Sjoblom "excel newbie" wrote: > is there a way to set columns to not accept duplicate information? ...

Sum the products of a formulas
I have a gradebook that returns values using the "LOOKUP" function for a 60 question multiple choice test. I need to sum the product of the returned values. I can use the paste as text, then convert the text to a numeric value, but I have to perform this function for each cell, and I have 14,000 cells. Is there a way to setup this formula to return a value that i can then sum? =LOOKUP(I60,{"a","b","c","d","e"}, {"0","1","0","0","0"} The formula returns a 0 or 1 for each test q...

Pivot Table

how to "lock-in" format of a pivot chart from a pivot table?
i.e. If I have changed format of pivot chart - line chart, formatting etc. Then when I refresh the pivot table, chart redraws with new default formatting. Do you know if there is a way to lock the formatting? Some formating is reset by XL by design, some is reset because of one or more bugs. Check the MSKB (support.microsoft.com) for more. But, the bottom line is that if you use custom formating there is no guarantee that it will stick across a refresh. The alternative is to use a VBA macro that does the refresh and then applies the desired formatting. -- Regards, Tushar Meht...

How do I change data that has been entered in a column to a row?
I have text data (name, address, city, state, zip) that has been entered on a spreadsheet in columns down the spread sheet (each criteria in it's own cell vertically/in columns) and I need each of the above mentioned criteria to be in it's own cell horizontally so that it can be imported into a database. so in other words the name, address etc woul read from left to right across the spreadsheet. I have Mircosfot Excel 2003. I have over 300 names and addresses to convert. Any idea on how to make this fast and easy would be very appreciated. ryoung I presume your data is in sep...

How do I create an Excel worksheet with a limited no. of rows?
I need to create a small worksheet in Excel 2002 with say 20 rows & 20 columns. Is this possible? yes -- Gary''s Student "WarTech" wrote: > I need to create a small worksheet in Excel 2002 with say 20 rows & 20 columns. > Is this possible? OK - what I should have said was: How? "Gary''s Student" wrote: > yes > -- > Gary''s Student > > > "WarTech" wrote: > > > I need to create a small worksheet in Excel 2002 with say 20 rows & 20 columns. > > Is this possible? Hi The sheet will...

Column names??
Hi My Column names are not showing-up as A, B, C, D... They are showing-up as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... I do not understand why this is happening?? I have tried running: Excel.exe /regserver Any suggestions?? Thanks Clive In xl2003 and below: Tools|Options|General|Uncheck R1C1 reference style Clive_S wrote: > > Hi > > My Column names are not showing-up as A, B, C, D... > They are showing-up as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... > > I do not understand why this is happening?? > > I have tried running: Excel.exe /regserver > > ...

how to address all cells in column excluding first n cells in that column
Hi how to address all cells in column excluding first n cells in that colum Than alekm Do you mean put the actual cell address in the cell? If so, try: =IF(ROW()<n,"",ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN(),4)) where n = last row to exclude. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >how to address all cells in column excluding first n cells in that column > >Thanx > >alekm >. > Hi something like =SUM(OFFSET($A$1,10,0,1000)) to exclude the first 10 cells? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany alekm wrote: > Hi, > how to address all ce...

Help needed with table design/layout for newbie
Hi, i have just joined the forum and have built a few DB's in the past but found i have forgotten almost everything! I do remember with a previous DB i layed the tables out incorrectly which impacted on the flexibility down the line so would like advise before i start in order to get a good foundation. My dB is for our watersports centre to book people onto courses and retain their details in a contacts table to be imported to Outlook for mailing info. We run various courses which then run on multiple dates across the year. So for example we may run a Powerboat Level 1 course, this...

Help for compare 2 data table in excel format!`
I got 2 data table in excel format, but I want to know the different between 2 table! For instance, Table 1, Table 2, Inventory ID Qty InventoryID Qty CC2210 5 AA1101 5 CC2211 8 CC2210 9 CC2212 100 CC2211 160 ...... Between 2 table, I want catch the inventoryID AA1101 IS THE DEFFERENT. How ahould I do ?? Thanks! Danny If you're looki...

How does one change the font in column and row header?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to change the font in the column and row headers? I am trying to change the font size in row header that has the numbers and column headers that have the letters. For example A / 3225, I would like to make it smaller to fit the numbers in the allotted space. No, the formatting of the default Column/Row headings cannot be modified. I'm not sure what you're actually asking to do, though... The Column Headings never contain more than 3 characters (i.e., XFD) & the Row Headings nev...

Moving bad rows to another sheet
Hi, I need to move any rows containing empty fields or null or #err etc to a separate sheet named error. The column widths are the same and the column headers are the same. It seems to me as if I need to go along the lines of identifying the rows one by one, cutting the row then moving records up. Pasting in the row then making sure the next one is only pasted into a row with all spaces empty. I really dont know where to start with this so even a pointer would be a great help! Many Thanks Rob Hi Rob as a starting point to copy records: http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm -- Regards F...