Pivot table -Show Q3 and Q4 with non-filtered Total

Hi guys,
Need help with the question detailed below.

In my Pivot Table:
Field "Qty" is xlDataField.
Field "Quarter" is xlColumnField.
The report shows the quantities for each quarter, like:
Q1  Q2  Q3  Q4  Total
2    5    4   5    16

I need to show only Q3 and Q4, but live the "Total" with the whole quantity,
like:

Q3  Q4  Total
4    5    16

How can I achieve that?
Thanks in advance,
Aldo.

OT: demoralized tables
Kirk Kuykendall has a good overview on Common Table Expressions http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/CTE/62291/ but his conclusion contains a "new db term" (at least I had never seen it before)... "As you can see CTEs can be very useful. I have found them particularly handy when cleaning up demoralized tables. Like imported spread sheets." I assume it was on purpose and couldn't resist passing it on. We've all been there... gary I'm wondering if demoralized tables might be an undiscovered cause of file corruption. I would think that one table wit...

How can I customize the Filter Drop down on the formatting toolbar
I want to clear everything out of it, except the customized filters I have created. Can i do that? Project > Filter by > More Filters, then select each one, Edit, and remove the checkbox for Show in Menu. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I want to clear everything out of it, except the customized filters I > have created. Can i do that? > I've tried that - it doesn't affect that drop down filter list - whether they are checked or not. "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote: > Project > Filter by > Mo...

9.0 Table Changes
Will be updating to V9, am looking for a list of the tables that changed and the documentation says it is on V9 cd 2, under the SDK But I don't see anything on the CD so do I have to install v9, and the SDK before I can get a list of the table names? -- Doug You need to install the SDK "Doug" wrote: > Will be updating to V9, am looking for a list of the tables that changed and > the documentation says it is on V9 cd 2, under the SDK > > But I don't see anything on the CD so do I have to install v9, and the SDK > before I can get a list of the tabl...

Calculating totals by month from whole date
I'm trying to figure out the proper calculation to pull totals by dat in Excel. Here's my problem: I have a workbook with 2 worksheets; one is the main data, the other i the statistics from the main data. Within the main data, there is column titled "date paid" and another column titled "total paid" (ther are a bunch more columns, but they don't matter for this problem). Th "date paid" column will contain dates such as 1/1/04, 5/15/04 etc. O the stats page, I have columns titled for each month of the year an would like each to include how much was pa...

Saving data in Access table with VB ?
I have a form with a button and if you click the button, a list of invoices are generated and saved in the table 'Invoice'. Problem is, the data isnt saved :( Here's my code: Private Sub Knop0_Click() Dim Invoicenr As Long Dim Invoicedate As Date stdocname = "Invoice" DoCmd.OpenTable stdocname, acViewNormal, acAd Invoicenr = 111111 Invoicedate = Now DoCmd.Save acTable, stdocname End Sub What am I doing wrong ? Answered in microsoft.public.access "Bauhaus" <niemandhier@pandora.be> wrote in message news:7Exii.2418$yf6.1885@biebel.telenet-ops.be...

Filters, Can't Find Exception List In Rules
I'm trying to set up my filters for junk mail. I want junk mail with certain words in the subject sent to deleted folder. I found the filters.txt file and some of the words are already there. So apparently the filter isn't working. I tried to follow the directions on how to turn them on and they said to choose the exceptions entry in the rules wizard but I have no such choice. I know how to edit the filters.txt file but Outlook is not using it. Can anyone help? The Filters.txt file isn't actively used by Outlook -- it's really just a "readme" type file to sh...

Filter Report by Form
I'm using the following code from the wonderful Allen Browne which works perfectly in an either or scenario (either by Start/End Date(s) OR filtering by client name; but I don't know what syntax to use to filter by Start/End date(s) AND anything typed in the client name field. I'm sure it's easy but I can't get my head around it. I appreciate any and all assistance!! Private Sub cmdPreview_Click() 'On Error GoTo Err_Handler 'Remove the single quote from start of this line once you have it working. 'Purpose: Filter a report to a date r...

Scrolling Tables list
When I use the scroll bar to move up and down the list of tables or queries etc, the list continues to vacillate after I stop sliding the bar; making it difficult to find the item I want to select. This seems to be worse with my new computer. Are there settings I should adjust. "Crop scout" <Crop scout@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestiss´┐Ż:771C65DD-5D6E-47EF-B987-C797A680FB59@microsoft.com... > When I use the scroll bar to move up and down the list of tables or > queries > etc, the list continues to vacillate after I stop sliding the bar; makin...

Adding Fields and Tables to MSCRM
Is there a link or some reference on the ability to add fields to existing tables in the CRM database and/or adding complete tables to the CRM database?? I am asking this from the point of view relating to other existing CRM products (saleslogix, frontrange - shh). From what I have played with so far from playing with my SBS2k/MSCRM install is I my need to have a MS developer skillset. Robb, Using the schema manager in the deployment Manager MMC snap-in, you can add fields to the existing tables. However, there is no way to add new tables. Matt "Robb D" <robbd@eproductscons...

Table-like Outline and Collumm that sums prevous values up
Hello The report I would like to have should be in a tabular form just like the doc document I have attached. However, until now I have not found out how to set the report into a tabular outline. It is quite uncomfortable and time intensive to set up this report by using lines and the different text fields. In addition, it will not look any good at the end.. Also, I would need a columm that is able to sum up the values before. Just like the "total" under each semester. Are the issues solvable? Greets, Hubertholz attached: http://rapidshare.com/files/35708241...

How can I compare the column names from 2 tables and output them?
I have a requirement to place an alert if the field does not exist in my table, tblStaging. Can any one guide me to reframe this query with error handling messages? I know it is not good practice to use select * but I need to do this as my columns\field names change each time. INSERT INTO tblStaging SELECT * FROM tbl_XL,tblDetails; Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201003/1 Access is a relational database. If your "table design" has the fields in your table(s) changing frequently,...

Pivot Table and adding a % column, that is not in original data
Hi, Is it possible to add a column for % calculations when the % column is not in original data? To clarify, my original data is as follows: Produt Sales Returns Date A 5 June B 6 June A 1 July A 1 September B 1 November When I run the pivot table, one of the columns I'm then looking to get is a total % of returns over sales , but I cant see how to include in a Pivot table. I can add it outside of the table, but that has problems ...

Exchange Server 2003 Filter Rules
I would like to set a filter/rule on the exchange server that will check email in or out of our domain for key words in the header or message body and carbon copy the email to a public folder. I think I need a 3rd party solution if so can anybody recommend one for SBS2003 Thank you very much for your help. ...

Advanced Filters question
I sometimes use Msft Access to run a query, and then revise the query, or build off of the new query by creating a separate query of that query. However, in using excel, at least at first pass, I noticed that I was unable to pivot the data that resulted from an advanced filter, and I was unable to see the total amount for a given column, once an advanced filter was applied to a list (i.e., the sum that I saw was for the entire field and not for the records that were visible once I had applied the filter). Does anyone have any perspective they could share with me regarding this? Is there a wa...

Table-lookup transformations
Hi, we are doing some table-lookup transformations based on LEFT and INNER joins. Probably around 100 - 50K rows/second or something like that. I have noticed that the lookups are getting slower and slower due to a growing database. The server itself is heavily loaded, CPU and IO-subsystem - which I know is not a good combination with SQL server :| I am looking for a way to increase the table-lookup transformation speed without mixing up things with SSIS.. Are there any good ways of doing table-lookup transformations within SQL server? Would it be a good idea to write s...

Pivot Table #46
Hello, I have pivot table based on data that identifies an item as "late" "late if not rec'd today" and "late if not shipped today". The totol lists the correct number from each category for a location but when I double click on that total I get a list of every entry for that location, not just the late etc. What am I doing wrong? When you double click on a total, does it generate a new worksheet? If yes, it is listing out all the data, which the total field is made up of. The other possibility is that you are unhiding a summary field. Govind. xgirl...

A Suggestion Update For IE8's Smart Screen Filter
Greetings MS, I think that the Smart Screen Filter in IE8 is one of the best improvements in computer safety and security technology. One suggestion that I have for future updates of IE, would allow users to report an unsafe website by entering the URL link in the Report A Website Form. Users should know that currently, they must visit the website and than report it. The problem is that once you visit a bad website, your computer may already be infected or your personal identity may have already been compromised by the dangers if phishing. Interestingly the current versi...

Help with filtering
I am having trouble with Exchange sender filtering and Health Monitor Alerts. I configured my only Exchange server to block emails from *@mydomain.com to prevent spammers from spoofing emails from within my domain. Unfortunately this blocks the servers Health Monitoring Alerts because the emails are from administrator@mydoamin.com. Is there a was I can have my cake (blocked spoofed emails) and eat it (send performance alerts) too? -John Add administrator@mydomain.com to the safe senders list. -- Cheers, Bhalchandra, MCSE-Messaging "John" wrote: > I am having troub...

Pivot table total decimal places rounding
The totals in my pivot tables have too many decimal places. I total -$1,025.31 and $1,023.87 and the result is $1.43999999999994 in the total cell of the pivot table but I need just $1.44 I have formatted the table as currency and using 97. Pivot tables can lose their formatting if the data is refreshed. Reapply the formatting, and make sure that 'Preserve formatting' is checked (under PivotTable>Table Options). AM wrote: > The totals in my pivot tables have too many decimal places. > I total -$1,025.31 and $1,023.87 and the result is > $1.43999999999994 in the to...

Corrupt / Missing Table
OK, so trying to diagnose a series of annoying problems, I've found that we are actually missing the ActivityBase table all together. I don't know how it happened, when it happened or why, but more importantly is that its gone, and we're adding data to the database faster than I can keep up. Any ideas on how to recreate the database? We can't afford to role back nor loose data in a reinstall... TIA! I would contact MBS support and open a support ticket. The $245 for the incident will be well worth it down thee road as you may have a lot of other problems as well. -- ...

VLOOKUP on Filtered Results?
Hello, Does anybody know if it is possible to use VLOOKUP on a range of cell that have been filtered such that only the visible universe of filtere cells forms the source for the VLOOKUP? Let's say I have 10 data items in a column and my filter give datapoints 1, 3, and 7 (with the rest in the hidden rows in filtere mode). I wish to VLOOKUP only from datapoints 1,3,7 (since they meet th criteria I am interested in) and return null values for othe datapoints (2, 4, 5,6,8,9,10) since these don't meet the filte criteria I'm interested in. Obviously, I could separate out everythin...

Auto filter #7
Is it possiable to filter more than 1000 rows with autofilter? and if so, how? Select your range and apply the data|autofilter. I bet you're seeing a maximum of 1000 unique entries under that dropdown. The range is still filtered--excel just shows a max of 1000 entries. Debra Dalgleish has some tips you may like: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits (and you could always use a custom filter and type what you want (or contains what you want). Lisa Files wrote: > > Is it possiable to filter more than 1000 rows with autofilter? and if so, how? -- Dave Peters...

Pivot Table VBA Reference Book & Blank Cells
Hi Everyone, I have a Pivot Table in Access 2003 and need the blank/null cells on the data axis to display "0". This is easy to do in Excel but I have searched through all of the options in Access and cannot find it. What is the VBA code required to set this option? Can anyone suggest a good reference book or website for coding Pivot Tables with VBA? Many thanks, David ...

Create tables from xsd
I have some xsd files and I want to create tables from them. Is there a utility to do this. I have used the xsd.exe to create the classes from the xsd files and that worked. I am new to xml programming. Thank you -- Jerry Jerry C wrote: > I have some xsd files and I want to create tables from them. Is there a > utility to do this. I have used the xsd.exe to create the classes from the > xsd files and that worked. I am new to xml programming. Do you want to create data base tables? If so which data base management system do you target? Within the .NET framework class library ...

Changing the names of fields in tables after creating other object
I just leaned about the naming conventions after I have created my tables, reports and several queries. Can I change the name of fields in my tables (to remove the spaces and give them unique names ie not just last name but childlastname) without destroying the work I have done in queries, reports, and forms. Mary -- Positive Direction for Youth & Families, Inc. (www.pdfyinc.com) Possibly. If you are using a newer version of Access, say 2003 or 2007 AND you have Name Autocorrect, and all it's options, enabled, it MIGHT work. I found it somewhat buggy. Before you...