Pivot table seems to round my figures up!

I have a pivot table that works very nicely except for one thing - th
data has come through all rounded up

e.g. in the data source sheet one column has the following figures:

0.69
0.94
1

but when I create the pivot table it shows all the data as 1

I have formatted all the source cells as number wit 2 decimals and als
the numbers cells in the pivot table -

now they look like 1.00

I really need to be able to show the 0.69 and 0.94 as well as the 1.00

Is this possible please?

Many thanks in advanc

RaeHippyChick,

Make sure that you are using SUM or AVERAGE (or whatever you want to
actually return) and not COUNT (which is the default).

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"raehippychick >" <<raehippychick.1ciwwa@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:raehippychick.1ciwwa@excelforum-nospam.com...
> I have a pivot table that works very nicely except for one thing - the
> data has come through all rounded up
>
> e.g. in the data source sheet one column has the following figures:
>
> 0.69
> 0.94
> 1
>
> but when I create the pivot table it shows all the data as 1
>
> I have formatted all the source cells as number wit 2 decimals and also
> the numbers cells in the pivot table -
>
> now they look like 1.00
>
> I really need to be able to show the 0.69 and 0.94 as well as the 1.00
>
> Is this possible please?
>
> Many thanks in advance
>

> ---

Bernie
9/13/2004 2:43:08 PM
Bernie

Thank you so much (... again) - you are great

I have tried this and now have lovely little numbers coming up where
wanted them

Very many thanks

Rae the happy hippychick! :)

Bernie Deitrick wrote:
> *RaeHippyChick,
>
> Make sure that you are using SUM or AVERAGE (or whatever you want to
> actually return) and not COUNT (which is the default).
>
> HTH,
> Bernie
> MS Excel MVP
>
> "raehippychick >" <<raehippychick.1ciwwa@excelforum-nospam.com> wrot
> in
> message news:raehippychick.1ciwwa@excelforum-nospam.com...
> > I have a pivot table that works very nicely except for one thing
> the
> > data has come through all rounded up
> >
> > e.g. in the data source sheet one column has the followin
> figures:
> >
> > 0.69
> > 0.94
> > 1
> >
> > but when I create the pivot table it shows all the data as 1
> >
> > I have formatted all the source cells as number wit 2 decimals an
> also
> > the numbers cells in the pivot table -
> >
> > now they look like 1.00
> >
> > I really need to be able to show the 0.69 and 0.94 as well as th
> 1.00
> >
> > Is this possible please?
> >
> > Many thanks in advance
> >

> > ---
> > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

Pivot Excel 2007
Hi, Somehow my Pivot table is not summing up rows at the end when I have more than two data field in excel 2007. It does sums up by columns. Does any one knows why? Excel 2007 PivotTable No row sum. Try using PivotTable Type 2. See comparison: http://c0718892.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/05_04_10.xlsx Pdf preview: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dtvyymhyju5/05_04_10a.pdf How & where do you change your Pivot option 1 or 2? "Dinesh" wrote: > Hi, > > Somehow my Pivot table is not summing up rows at the end when I have more > than two data...

password protected file with pivot table errors
Hey friends, We have a big problem, around 20% of the times we save workbooks with pivot tables inside and protect them with password for opening the file - the file get ruined! In those times, when we open the file (the password protected file with the tables inside), excel ask me for the pass (ok, I give it) and then say "file opening did not succeeded", and then let me type again, in the second time it opens but give a message saying "there where errors in the file, and changes where made:" (and then a list of my pivot tables saying that fixes made to them). Fr...

When viewing an MFC dll's dependancies can't seem to find MFC80D.d
While compiling a project that has recentlly been upgraded to VS2005 from VS6.0 i keep getting a registration error. at the end of the process the project tries to register the newly compiled DLL. when i looked at the DLL through Dependancy Walker i discovered that it could not seem to find three DLLs: MFC80D.dll, msvcp80d.dll and msvcr80d.dll. any ideas why this would happen? On Oct 20, 7:28 am, Shawn <Sh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > While compiling a project that has recentlly been upgraded to VS2005 from > VS6.0 i keep getting a registration error. at the end of ...

table #4
In Excel 2002 I have the following table; Column G Column H Row 33 30 $1.05 Row 34 45 $1.00 Row 35 60 $0.95 Row 36 90 $0.85 Row 37 120 $0.79 What I want to do with this is if the value in I5 is 1-30 I want the value from H33 put in J5, if the value in I5 is 31-45 I want the value in J5 to be H34, if the value in I5 is 45-60 I want the value in J5 to be H35, if the value in I5 is 61-90 I want the value in J5 to be H36, and if the value in I5 is ...

Overlapping of values in different tables.
I am wondering if there is a way to create a pivot table - or some other way - that will show the relationships of rows between tables. I have attached data from potentially 4 different tables and the business is wanting to see the number of times that a paticular ID shows up in different table join combinations. For example, we want to know the count of unique IDs will show in the NPS, AAC and ECM tables. Is it possible to create a pivot table that will dynamically adjust based on a user choosing the column combinations that they want to see without having to create a separate pivot...

Insert a line or shape in a table
Creating a chart from Excel, I copied and pasted it to my Word document. I now need to put in some lines to create a graph, but when I insert the line, the table expands and places the line within one segment. I want to extend the line across the top of the whole table. I don't see where I can lock the table so it won't change. Drawn lines have nothing to keep them in place. Use a real bit of data, and the line will stay locked in place: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Cu...

How to create a table to qualify a qty discount in exel
Hi i'm creating a workbook to orginize stock, i'm not sure of how to create a table to give varying degress of discount according to the quatity bought ie: 5 items or less = no discount, 6 to 11 items =2% discount and so on, i have used an if statement so far but i'm not sure how it is meant to work in relation to the products and customers sheets, how does it all work together. Any help & guidence would be much appreciated. You can create yourself a lookup table, and use the vlookup formula. See: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/vlookup_formulas_in_microsoft_exce...

relationships of 3 tables
Greeings, I am creating a db to track who serves what function in what Sunday at church. So I think I need 3 tables. 1. people who serve 2. functions they serve 3. dates they serve Many people can serve many dates and many people can serve many functions on many dates. So do I have the three tables and then a join table for people/dates and a join table for people/function and a join table for dates and functions? And how do I structure them. I am thinking: tblPeople peopleID pk name tblFunction functionID pk functionName tblDate ...

Segment Description Table
I did a select * into GL40200_103208 from GL40200 table as backup I then deleted the information from GL40200 opps need the account segments back I droped GL40200 and select * into GL40200 from GL40200_103108 next step UPDATE GL40200 SET DSCRIPTN = ' ' I reconicle GL within Dynamics but still no segment information. Tool>Setup>financial>segment has no segment numbers i By the way version 9.0 The GL40200 table requires either manual or SQL entry. You can either go to: Tools--> Setup--> Financial --> Segment, or do a table import into the Segment Description Ma...

delete from many tables at the same time
Hi I am new using Access, and this may be an elemental question, but anyway, I have three tables: Customers. Orders. Payments. (Customers' payments) Customers has as primary key the name of the customer and the other two tables have as a primary key an automatic ID integer. How can I configure Access in the way that If I erase a Customer from the table Customers the other two tables will be automatically updated erasing also their Orders and Payments? Thanks, Enrique. -- Eng. Enrique Lopez. Go to the Relationships window and, if not already done, creat...

Sort name from specified interval table
Hiiii I am facing a silly problem i think u guys are rescue me from that... My prob like I have two cloum one colum contain Name of person and another coloum contain their salary.I prepared a interval table contain 4 row according to salary range....I have find the name whos salary has on the specified range on ist row of interval table.... Can any one giv the idea about that..Perhaps I tried it VLook up Function...But i faced proble to sort the name from ist colum -- mun04 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mun04's Profile: http://www.excelforum....

Chart
I currently am using Excel 97. I've created charts using links to source data that is in dollar and percent formats. But when they pull into the chart data table they do not show the proper format. For example: In the source data worksheet it shows 97%, but when it pulls into the data table for the chart it shows .97437373. If I open the link then it shows properly, but as soon as I close the link it goes back to the bad format. How can I fix this? -- lajohn63 It sounds like a formatting issue. You may need to add a step to round (see round function in help) "lajohn63" wro...

edit variable length items in "Access" database tables
In my database table I am holding a variable length item in a database record; the item may be from two to six alphabetic characters long. Trailiing spaces pad the item where required. To print out the item in a report, the item itself is sandwiched between two fixed-length items separated by an oblique stroke, (forward slash): - ***/variable length/***. How can I suppress the trailing spaces in my variable length item when printing results ? Yours Sincerely, CHARLES WALKER Take a look at the RTrim function or even the Trim function. RTrim(SomeField) will trim trailing spaces off a...

Grouping daily transactions by month (using pivot tables), across years
Hello - Could someone please let me know the best way to use a pivot table to group daily transactions into monthly totals. I noticed there is a "Group and Show Detail" option----but it seems to be unable to portray 2 separate Januarys when they fall into two separate years. For instance, if my data is 1/1/07 1000 1/4/07 8000 1/19/08 10000 I just get a total for January, rather than two separate totals for Jan 07 and Jan 08. Is there a way to allow the pivot tables to show Monthly totals, but ensure that I can distinguish between years? Is there possibly a way to in...

Pivot table grouping problem #2
I have a pivot table that will not group numbers in a column. ie: Year Group 2004 2005 10 2 10 1 11 5 11 3 12 8 12 10 Why won't these rows combine and look like: Year Group 2004 2005 10 1 2 11 3 5 12 10 8 All other columns group fine when I try them, but the group column does not. Any ideas? Sheryl ...

maximum number of indexes per SQL table that Access (jet) can deal with?
why is there a maximum number of indexes per SQL table that Access (jet) can deal with? is it really the count of indexes + statistics? I've seen plenty of documentation that states that typically DSS systems have twice as much index space as data space.. So I don't think that it's a case of 'over-indexing' I'm just tired of a crippled Jet front end and other people making me 'temporarily drop my indexes' so that they can link to my tables using Jet. has this bug gone away with Access 2007? Is it going away with Access 2010? ...

Form design to add data to 3 tables in "Order Entry" style db
Sorry if this is a duplicate. I thought I posted it yesterday but couldn't find it today... I need help figuring out the best way to design a form for data entry in the "Order Entry" style, adding data to three related tables. For clarity I have eliminated several fields. Here are the three tables, plus the fourth that is a reference table: tblCustomers: CustID (pk), CustName tblOrders: OrderID (pk), OrderDate, CustID (fk) tblOrderProd: OrderProdID (pk), OrderID (fk), ProdID (fk) tblProducts: ProdID (pk), ProdName Each Customer is associated with one or mo...

Help needed arranging data for a pivot table
I have a very large table in excel that I need to create a pivot tabl for, but can't seem to arrange the data correctly. Here's what th table looks like: There are about 20 "type" columns across the top and down the side are dates. For each day each of the columns ha about 20 prices. So a big block of mostly price data is added eac day. Do I have to have all of the prices in one column if I want t view different "types" side by side in a pivot table? If so, I woul have many many times the 65,000 rows that excel allows. This als seems ridiculously redundant. ...

Enter 8 x digit figure to return dd/mm/yyyy (with parenthess)
I would like to type a 8 x digit figure into a cell and on the strike of the enter key the 8 x digit figure would change from 12062004 to 12/06/2004, representing 12th day of June, year 2004. Thanks in advance :) Alan Bartley Sydney Australia Chip Pearson has some code that'll do what you want at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Alan Bartley wrote: > > I would like to type a 8 x digit figure into a cell and on the strike > of the enter key the 8 x digit figure would change from 12062004 to > 12/06/2004, representing 12th day of June, year 2004. > >...

How to round the numeric value?
Kindly tell me that how can we round the numeric value? Example: 1.2 = 1.5, 1.7 = 2.0 "Salman Saeed" <Salman Saeed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5460D85-6DEE-4EC5-8E83-A1A5E158966A@microsoft.com... > Kindly tell me that how can we round the numeric value? > Example: 1.2 = 1.5, 1.7 = 2.0 Use the RND function..... =CEILING(A1,0.5) -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Salman Saeed" <Salman Saeed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5460D85-6DEE-4EC5-8E83-A1A5E158966A@microsoft.com... > Kindly...

Rounding to nearest $500 or $1000 in Excel
Anyone know how to set a cell up to round automatically to the nearest $500 or $1000? sasaes@wnt.sas.com =ROUND(A1,-3) For 1000s =MROUND(A1,1000) For 1000s =ROUND(A1*2,-3)/2 For 500s =MROUND(A1,500) For 500s MROUND requires Analysis Toolpak installed -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) --------------------------------------------------------...

UI Threading not seeming to work?
Okay, I am using a UI Thread based on the on in Prosise's book to control a dialog box that contains an animation control to allow the user to know the program is still here during a search. Basically, the problem is that the thread, which is started an instantiated at the beginning of the Search loop does not appear until AFTER the work is done when the Search Results are displayed. So I have two UI threads.. one is the main.. the other is the one I create before the search and hope to end after the search. Another thing that is interesting is the code, without the search function, ...

Copy data into a table (but not the formula)
Hi First of all I apologise if this has been asked before. What I want to know is it possible, and if so how does one do it, to d the following ? Copy data from a cell into another cell in a table but without having formula in the destination cell , e.g Say $b1 contains the name Fred and I want to place Fred into the $c cell but I don't want there to be a formula in $c5 asking for it tha will update the contents of $c5, if I change the value held in $b5, fo instance, I put Fred in $b1 and Fred appears in $c5, but then I pu another name, say Bert into $b1 and it goes to $c6, but the co...

When I insert a table the text after in moves to the next page
I would be grateful for any help! I am using styles formatting and am doing a report. When I insert a table the text moves to the next page, what ever I do. It is driving me mad! I can't find a style option for tables and can't seem to save the table as a new style Adding new contents would move existing contents down the page, or even to the next page if there isn't room on the current page... Display nonprinting marks, for example by pressing Ctrl+Shift+8 (acts as a toggle). Are there any blank paragraphs (�) on the page? If so, remove them. Your text paragra...

rounding currency up with 2 decimal places
Hi: I know this should be simple, but I can't figure it out. I have the following formula in a cell: =D6*1.16/0.8. It takes the value from cell D6multiplies it by 1.16 and then divides by .80. I would like to round the number up to the nearest whole number and have two zero decimal places. example: round number $78,118.75 to $78,119.00. I can get it to round up without the 2 decimal place, but not with. Any help would be appreciated. one way: =CEILING(D6*1.16/0.8, 1) or =ROUNDUP(D6*1.45, 0) set your formatting to 2 decimal places. In article <E9D79F83-BAD7-48F0-B83...