Pivot table row header

Hi,

In a pivot table, I have 2 fields in the row section.
How can I have the value on the first fields to repeat in every row instead
of just showing once?

Thanks!!
0
Jason4159 (666)

Try Debra Dalgleish's page at:

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html

Fill Blank Cells

Fill Blank Cells Programmatically*

[*Sub FillColBlanks()
 'by Dave Peterson  2004-01-06]

--
Rgds
Max
"Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> In a pivot table, I have 2 fields in the row section.
> How can I have the value on the first fields to repeat in every row
instead
> of just showing once?
>
> Thanks!!

0
demechanik (4694)

Highlighting the active row with special colour
Hi there Is there a macro that highlights the whole active row (not only the active cell) that the cursor is in, in an Excel worksheet? Thanks Raj Highlight it in a particular colour, I meant... that would move along when I would move the cursor onto another row.... "Raj Mazumdar" wrote: > Hi there > > Is there a macro that highlights the whole active row (not only the active > cell) that the cursor is in, in an Excel worksheet? > > Thanks > > Raj Try this '---------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Workshe...

Pivot Table Help #3
I have a lot of data that I am trying to analyze with a pivot table and am not sure how to go about it. Columns are (1) District (2) Store # (3) 2003 Score - these are #s or text ("incomplete") (4) 2004 Score - these are #s or text ("incomplete") For each district, I am trying to find out 3 things: (1) % of stores incomplete (2) Average score for 2003 & 2004 - I've got this one working properly (3) % change between 2003 & 2004 I can successfully analyze the data in a spreadsheet but there is too much to go through and thought a pivot table was the way to ...

Subtract colums in pivot table
I have a pivot table that has the following characteristics (Excel 2007): -rows (down the left) are values: "# Employees", "Total Pay" -Columns (across top) are Dates I want to calculate the difference between different date columns. Example: I have: Date 5/23/2010 5/16/2010 5/24/2009 Total # Emp 10 15 5 30 Pay 1000 15000 500 16500 I'd like: Date 5/23/2010 5/16/2010 5/24/2009 Total Vs. Last Wk % Change Vs. Last Yr % Change # Emp 10 15 5 30 -5 -33% 5 33% Pay 1000 5000 250 6250 -4000 -80% 750 15% Can anyone tell me how to cre...

How to substitute for a non-existing column in a joined table
Hi, Is there a simpler way than a UNION to return a default value of a joined table for which a corresponding row does not exist? The following example (not a working one, of course) illustrates what I'm after. I'd like to return 'N/A' as c2name if there is no matching row in t2 SELECT t1.c1 (CASE t2.t1pk WHEN NULL THEN 'N/A' ELSE t2.name END) AS c2name, FROM t1 LEFT JOIN t2 ON t2.t1pk = t1.pk Thanks. On 2010-04-21 21:05, bob wrote: > Is there a simpler way than a UNION to return a default value of a joined > table for which a ...

Pull Data From Multiple Tables ????
Hi I will have 4 tables name "TblCostomers","TblVendors","TblAccounts", TblExpenses" Now i have a for name "FrmDrVouchers" that has a table "TblDrVouchers" in source. This form has two TxtBox Control name "TxtAccountNo" and "TxtAccountName" If User enters a Account No., It pulls the Account Name from Any One of these Table. I can do this if I have only one table. But tell me how can i do it while I have 4 tables for One Field of a table Thank you.. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://...

Headers to remian visible
Have set up a master "Job's Completed List" listing all my different jobs with various headers for various bits of information for those jobs. The page is set up with 8 headers going across the top of the page and the invoice numbers go down the right side of the page. I would like to have these headers to remain visible on my work sheet at all times. Right now I have scrolled down of the sheet and thus the headers disappear. Makes for guess work and possible mistakes when entering information into the proper column. Select the leftmost cell below the header row, i.e. if r...

more than 65,536 rows
Hi Is it possible to have more than 65,653 rows on a worksheet? The data I have does not fit on a normal sheet Harald Harald, Unfortunately, the maximum number of rows on a worksheet is 65,536 rows and cannot be increased. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Harald Bock" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6E9402F-92F4-4649-A72C-BC38BE6C89EB@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Is it possible to have more than 65,653 rows on a worksheet? The data I have does not...

Rows and Columns Settings Problem
How do you set rows and columns in a way that when you scrol down/column you can always see a certain row(s)/column(s) -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out XL Help for "Freeze Panes" In article <JMorgan.1ad5vf@excelforum-nospam.com>, JMorgan <<JMorgan.1ad5vf@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > How do you set rows and columns in a way that when you scroll > down/column you can always see a certain row(s)/column(s). Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Renaming table in a dB
Is there a short way in which i can modify all references to a table after i rename it? Or would i have to open every query and form and manually change the table references?Thanksramesh Access doesn't provide a way to do this.There are commercial products that do, e.g.: http://www.speedferret.com/-- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western AustraliaTips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.htmlReply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org."Ramesh" <ramesh2020@gmaildotcom> wrote in messagenews:uGgN$EuZHHA.4000@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...> Is the...

Tying tables to forms
I have four connected tables that work well as table input but when I put them in a form some of the fields will not let me make entries. Does this happen because I am using the Id fields and subsequent data from the wrong tables? -- Taylor It sounds like you have created a non-updatable form. One cautionary note first: Don't tie your forms directly to the tables. Use queries instead. The queries will act as a stop light for which data is written and when. If more than one person tries to make a change to the same record at the same time, you will run into problems. From wha...

How do I enter the character '&' in a custom header?
Can anyone help me with this? Use two of them: && toolman wrote: > > Can anyone help me with this? -- Dave Peterson Try && Mike R. "toolman" wrote: > Can anyone help me with this? That works! Thanks for your help! "Mike R" wrote: > Try && > > Mike R. > > "toolman" wrote: > > > Can anyone help me with this? ...

Minimizing Rows of with similar data
I am using Excel 2007. I have 3 columns A, B, and C such as below: TU10-10 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-10.5 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-11 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-11.5 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-12 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-12.5 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-13 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-6 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-6.5 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-7 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-7.5 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-8 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-8.5 TU10 Tung...

Returning Data from a third cell in same row that meets two other
I'm looking for a formula that will return a result from a cell on a same row as two other cells that meet certain criteria. I'm sure there is a way to do this but i am a novice at this kind of stuff and can't seem to figure it out. For example i want a cell to = what is in column E when column A="36751" and when column B="Total Returns" The spreadsheet has 55000 rows. there will only be one instance where both these criteria are met. i want to use this to create a seperate spreadsheet with just info i need and can update on a daily basis. thanks in ...

How do I filter rows based upon a column value
I have a spreadsheet that contains multiple agency id's in a column. When generating reports, I would like to filter per agency and display only the rows associated with that agency. Is there a tutorial or sample on how to do this? Hi It sounds like you are looking for Data / Filter / AutoFilter. Have a look here for some basics: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html -- Andy. "Jack" <nfr@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eqiU08TVEHA.2988@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet that contains multiple agency id's in a column. When > generati...

Sumif across a table
I am looking for a function that works using a =sumif function to add things that are not in a range that are next to each other as seen below the letters in () are the columns that the values are in... so I am looking for a sum in column A "X" of the total work out time if the appl column is "Y" total work Running (D) Walking (F) Elliptical (H) out time (C) Appl (D) Time (E) Appl (F) Time (G) Appl (H) Time (I) X Y 20 N 0 Y ...

List all row source for all forms, reports etc.
Hi I'm doing some work cleaning out old unused forms, reports and queries. I have been going through each report in a database (There are A LOT), determining its row source query, then marking it for deletion. I will eventually end up going through and deleting all the unused queries. As you can imagine this is time consuming, and I was thinkg 'there must be a FASTER way" Does anyone have a suggestion, or link to a pre-built function or model that could assist me? Regards Darragh On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:14:18 -0800 (PST), Darragh <darragh.murray@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi...

Dummy series and data table
Hi, I have a chart that presents 2005, 2006, 2007 summary data as a column chart and then 2007 by month as a line. To show the yearly data I have a yearly category, after which I have individual months where the yearly data is zero - sort of like a dummy series - because I only have one value for them. The 2007 detailed data has zero in the yearly column but all the individual values in the monthly columns. It worked fine until I was asked to add a data table to the chart. Now, since it has 2007 twice - once as the summarized for the year and the other as all these individual months - some us...

Aging report table for accounts receivable
Can somebody tell me what is the table for a/r aging..I want to make query/view in sql server 2005 Michael, You need to use RM20101 and RM10201 tables. You need to use date functions to get the aging for your view based on document date or due date field. If your aging is setup to be by Doc Date, Consider Doc Date and If it is due date, you should be taking it by Due Date. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > Can somebody tell me what is the table for a/r aging..I want to make > query/view in sql server 2005...

Pivot table
Can I develop a formula that I can add to those which you pick from whe using the wizard ie sum, average, min, max etc Specifically, I want to add an IF statement to give me a 'flag' i which to summarize the data with elsewhere. The data behind the pivo changes (sales data) and I am trying to flag new customers that hav never worked with us before.....once they have traded with us then the dissappear as they are now an old customer To -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi no you can't do this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Can I develop a for...

How to get Row # in formula?
I have several rows with the same formula but they are seperated, in some cases, by rows with other information to prevent me from just dragging a formula down to other rows. Ex. While in row 13: B13*C13+B13*D13+B13*E13 While in row 20: B20*C20+.... how can I write a formula to populate the "13" or "20" automatically for whatever row I am in? Thanks, Dave You may not be able to drag it, but if you copy row13 formula and go to row 20 it updates does it not? -- HTH Bob "DaveR" <DaveR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

pivot tables #3
I am trying to change the order in how the tables display. I don't want an accending or decending alpha order as it is set up now. I would like to pick and choose how I want them listed. How do I change the order? ...

pivot table, How to add 1 column
I just need to add one column only but pivot table create another one? I thinkc because I have a column with 2 parameters. I can turn on / off with the field drop down menu How can I get around with this problem? Thanks Daniel ...

count rows
Hi I have two worksheets - sheet1 and sheet2. Sheet1 is my main data which contains 7 colums (A-G) and number of rows varies depend on data. In sheet2 I have formula in Row1 (A1:G1) and I need to copy down the formula to exactly the same number of rows in Sheet1. (For eg: if my sheet1 has 15 rows, I need to copy the formula in A1:G1 of sheet2 till A15:G15). Hope someone help me Thanks in advance Toms --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Toms You could add an unused row with a number or letter in it and then count that separately each time with countif? John "SMILE...

delete dupl from 1 table that match table 2
I have 2 tables joined by an acct # but diff data in the 2 other columns. I want to delete the row of information from table A that have a matching acct # in table b. ie: appl acct # amount (table a) appl acct # amount (table b) b 1234 $1.00 b 1234 $5.00 c 111 $1.00 c 12345 $5.00 c 1001 $2.00 c 1001 $3.00 want to delete rows from table a. for accts #1234 & #1001 DELETE [Table A].[Acct #] ...

Using formulas for pivot table