Pivot Table Question #5

How do I make the row headers show up in front of each row
on pivot table instead of just once on the first row of a
section?

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Try this:

Copy the pivot table
Do a Paste Special > Values into another sheet

Ensure that the top left cell is A1

Run the Sub FillBlanks() below
(from MVP Debra D)

Sub FillBlanks()
'by Debra Dalgleish 7-Dec-2001
'fill blanks cells with data from above
   Range("A1").CurrentRegion _
     .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks) _
     .FormulaR1C1 = "=R[-1]C"
   Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Copy
   Range("A1").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
   Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

hth
Max
Please reply in newsgroup

Use xdemechanik
<at>yahoo<dot>com for email
"Jason Chang" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I make the row headers show up in front of each row
> on pivot table instead of just once on the first row of a
> section?
>
> Thanks

0
demechanik (4694)
11/15/2003 2:16:03 AM
I don't think you can do it and keep the pivottable.

I like to get the pivottable nicely formatted and then I'll copy|paste special
values (either right over it or on a new sheet).

From there I can fill those empty cells.

Debra Dalgleish has a technique documented at:
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Urgent help required please
Hi there, We are running Exchange 5.5 Enterprise on W2K boxes across 12 servers We have a situation where an event has been logged as follows : -MSExchangeIS Private ID 1016 NT User User1 logged on to CEO mailbox, and is not the primary Window NT account on this mailbox.- This user has now been suspended pending investigation, but when hi workstation and Outlook client has been checked, there are n references to this mailbox. However, when we log on to the user' mailbox, another 1016 event is generated. The user does have othe mailboxes in his profile, but not the CEO mailbox. Does a...

Ask a question for thread
Hello,all: I want to know when I create a thread using the function AfxBeginThread() in VC,and I end the thread,Must I use the function CloseHandle() to close the thread's handle?Thank you. Lee Tow wrote: > Hello,all: > I want to know when I create a thread using the > function AfxBeginThread() in VC,and I end the thread,Must I use the function > CloseHandle() to close the thread's handle?Thank you. The CWinThread destructor takes care of closing the thread handle. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] more info http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2s21xzf...

Macro for Pivot Tables
Hi, I'm having trouble building a macro on pivot tables. I hope some experts here can help solve my problem. Any inputs will be greatly appreciated!! I'm trying to build a macro to refresh data in multiple pivot tables. The pivot tables are build below one another, and additional rows are inserted between pivot tables. When i built a macro to link all tables to the data in the first (master) pivot table, I found Excel was refreshing the table based on the exact cell I was clicking. This has become a problem since new rows are inserted between tables when new data comes in, and...

Formatting Charts from Pivot Table...
I've created a pivot table/with chart. The default chart was a bar chart, which I've changed to a pie chart. The problem is I don't like the default colors so I've changed them to the way I like them; however, once I save the document they go back to the default colors. Is there any way to keep the revised colors, rather than the default colors? Thanks, KSL. ...

Disable Tables
Hi, I have a database which links to another database on the network. I have linked 5 tables from database1 into database2. Users do not have access to database2. Only I will have access. Currently, users can not edit the design of the 5 tables, since they are linked tables. However, they are able to open and view everything in the tables. I would like to completely disable this. There are queries which pull specific information for each user from these 5 tables and this is the only way that I would like users to view information. I do not want them opening the original tables at ...

Pasting a Word Table into Excel
I have a Word table that I need to paste into Excel. When I paste, the length of the rows of the table are much larger than they were in the Word table. I can double click on the row to make them the default size but I have to do each one separately. Is there a way to make the rows go to the default size all at once? I am using Excel 2002. Thank you for any help. Best regards Dee If you hit ctrl-a (twice in xl2003), you select all the cells. Now try double clicking on line between the row numbers on the row header (to the far left). Or just format|row|autofit (with all the rows selec...

Basic XmlTextReader question

Excel 2007 query
Question: In Excel 2007, when clicking on the: 1) =91Data=92 Ribbon/Tab=85 and choosing.. 2) =91From Access=92 and selecting any Access mdb, the database will be opened in =91exclusive=92 mode and will be locked for all other users on the network! Why??? When recording these steps, I see that the default system query uses =93Mode=3DShare Deny Write=94. Any workaround? In Excel versions, prior to 2007, the default query connected to the mdb in =91readonly=92 mode, which was fine. Thanks. mj ...

Move mailbox fails from Exchange 5.5 to 2K3
I will be migrating my production Exchange 5.5 Standard server to Exchange 2003 Enterprise soon, and I have set up a lab to test the migration. This is the lab: Server 1 is a W2K SP4 DC/GC and Exchange 5.5 Standard SP4 server. I have changed the Exchange 5.5 LDAP port to 3890 to avoid conflicts with AD LDAP running on the default of 389 Server 2 is a W2K3 Member server running Exchange 2K3 Enterprise SP1. I joined this server to the exisiting 5.5 Organization. Mail flow is just fine through the connector on either server to mailboxes on either server. From the Exchange Management/First Ad...

Exchange Server 5.5 Information Store
Hello, I would like to know how to keep my Information Store from Going down. I have tried to put in the Recovery option to restart the service on the first try and then reboot on the second failure. The service is not restarting or rebooting. How can I stop the Information Store from going down? How do I get it to restart? I have to manually restart the service right now for it to work. thanks Larry I think you need to focus on finding out WHY it is going down. This should not be happening. Get that figured out, and everything will fall into place. -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange...

Pass Through Make Table
Pass Through Make Table Hello, I have a pass through query object; I also have a make table query object based off the pass through query. This works just fine to make an Access table with ORACLE data from my pass through query. My problem/issue: I must get this into VBA. Can anyone tell me how to put the pass through and make table queries into VBA? The ODBC Connect Str looks like this: ODBC; DSN=SERVER;UID=LOGIN;PWN=MYPSWRD;SERVER=SERVERNAME Thanks, alex "alex" <sql_aid@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:791844cd-0798-44c9-918f-2ca597758053@a6g2000y...

pivot table based on 4 others (in seperate workbooks)?
basically I have aspreadsheet for each week with people and hours in them, and in each weekly spreadsheet i have a pivot table which adds up and summarises the hours for the people for that week. What I need to do is get a pivottable which adds together those 4 pivot tables to give me the same summary, but for all 4 weeks together. I dont seem to be able to make a pivot table based on 4 pivot tables in other workbooks, so can anyone suggest the way to solve this? thanks -- neowok ------------------------------------------------------------------------ neowok's Profile: http://www.e...

Messages Journaling for Specific Users in Exchange 5.5 with sp4
Hi all In my company we have one exchange server 5.5 We need to monitor some user,s incomming and out going mails is any way to get a copy of all the mails to a Specific user mailbos so that that user can monitor all the mail. I am not that much good in 5.5 I copy the imsext.dll file to c: \Exchsrvr\Connect\Msexcimc\Bin and after that I register the dll with command regsvr32 imsext.dll HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ MSExchangeIMC\Parameters NonRoutingExtensionDll Drive:\Exchsrvr\Connect\Msexcimc\Bin\Imsext.dll HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\...

pasting values from pivot table still linked
I have a fairly big table that provides values for a pivot table. I would like to view the data from the pivot table and copy and paste this information to a new tab as values, and retain the formatting. The goal is to keep the spreadsheet from freezing - which it seems to do too much. I understand that pivot tables share cached memory. This copy, paste special, values and paste special "all using source theme" method seemed to be working. However, I noticed tha the sheet was freezing more and more and today, I noticed that when I updated the pivot table for t...

Integration Manager 10 #5
I have a customer running IM 10.00.1134 w/GP 10.00.1061. When running a payables integration they get an error message on each transaction that says n error occurred. Contact your system administrator to verify data. It goes through each record and says no transaction integrated - howerver the batch does integrate. We have seen this with 2 customers on GP10. Is this a bug? ...

E-mail problem #5
I have an e-mail problem. Outlook (2003) will not send or receive. When I try I get this message: Task 'BT Internet- Receiving' reported error (0x80040600) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040600' But when I check my account setting and perform a "test" it works perfectly. I've tried rebooting and even repairing my Office installation. But this problem will not go away. Help! Cheers. Bobby ...

Pivot Table Data Headings
Hi All, I have a sheet of data, and a pivot table on another sheet that uses the data. When I change the name of a data field, the data field disappears from the pivot. I would have thought that the name would just update. The new data name is in the field list, but having to go into the field list and drag it out to the pivot is not very practical. Has anyone noticed this issue? Is there a way to make this work? Essentially the pivot is filled with place holder data names (Data1, Data2, etc.). The real names are filled in later after the workbook is distributed around the company, so the m...

Money 2005 Question
Just installed Money 2005. Every time I start it, it tries to go to the internet. I've shut off auto updates, but it still does it. Any way to stop it. Frank You might want to enable the update for Money... "Frank" wrote: > Just installed Money 2005. Every time I start it, it tries to go to the > internet. I've shut off auto updates, but it still does it. Any way to > stop it. > Frank > > > You might want to let it do that, as that is how updates to M2005 program get downloaded. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips &am...

xml newbie question
We've have just reached a point where our program needs some type of Industry standard file format & XML seems the obvious choice Before I go rushing off and use the wrong system can anyone give a little advice Our files may be quite large but we will only use them for the - File-Open and File-Save options I am currently working in MFC but would like the opportunity to more to .NET later on I generally want to store human readable files but also some binary (bitmaps etc) We use the MFC serialisation which makes for easy programming but a hard life - is there an XML serialisatio...

Question about Outlook 2007
Hi guys, I have been unable to view attachments of any file type using Outlook 2007 on Vista Ultimate. * When I try to view an attachment, for example a GIF file, I get a message box saying "The operation Failed. An object could not be found." * When I try to save the attachment, I get a message box saying "Cannot save the attachment." * When I try to "preview" the file, I get a page with a message saying "This file cannot be previewed. Try opening the file in the program in which it was created." I can, however, view, preview and save the same f...

vlookup question #3
My wife owns a t-shirt company and I'm trying to help her write a spreadsheet that will calculate price per shirt printed using a vlookup formula. The table has 10 rows of quantities in the left column and 6 colums of colors 1-6 across the top row. As long as I only use one vlookup (for a one sided print job) it works perfectly. Where I'm getting stuck is when I try to add a second vlookup for the number of colors to be printed on the back of each shirt. As long as I have a quantity of 1 to 6 it works fine. It's when the value is 0 or blank that something is going very wrong. Th...

OT: Willing to entertain some questions about Visual Studio C# Express?
Hello: Apologies for the off-topic post, but I was wondering if one of the regulars here who may be familiar with Visual Studio C# might be willing to correspond with me and answer a few beginner-type questions? I'm facing the possibility of needing to learn/use C# for a project of mine... but I'd like some answers before I dip my toe in the pool. Thanks... now back to your regularly scheduled Microsoft Access newsgroup.. Cheers! Fred Boer "Fred Boer" <fredboer1@NOyahooSPAM.com> wrote: >Apologies for the off-topic post, but I was wondering if one of the re...

how do I shred repeating fields in an excel table?
basically this is it... I have a set of data in 3 columns and around 3500 rows. many of the rows repeat the exact same information. I want to know how to eliminate repetitions so that I am left with unique data rows? Dear 1. Select all the rows, including the column headers, in the list 2. Click the top left cell of the range and then drag to the bottom right cell 3. On the Data menu, point to Filter and then click Advanced Filter 4. In the Advanced Filter dialog box click Filter the list 5. Select the Unique records only check box and then click OK If this post helps click Yes -------...

Update Field with value from another Table
How to I update a description text field on a form with the description from another table based on an Item Number selected from a combo list? The two tables are joined on the Item Number. I tried to an update query in the after-update event on the combo box but it does not work. CurrentDb.Execute "UPDATE tblMetalUsage LEFT JOIN tblWireTubingSheet" _ & " ON tblMetalUsage.ItemNo = tblWireTubingSheet.ItemNo" _ & " SET tblMetalUsage.Description = [tblWireTubingSheet]![WireDesc]" _ & " WHERE '" & Me.cmbItemNo.Value & "'...

Property Sheet Question
Greetings: I am trying to create a property sheet that provides access to the separate pages using the thumb tabs, but also shows, outside of the thumb tabs, some data that is common to all of the property pages. It looks like the stardard property sheet approach allows you only three push buttons for the standard property sheet or there's the "wizard" option but I'm not interested in those. I would like to have some controls on the sheet itself that are NOT on the thumb-tabbed pages. Is this possible? How can I do this? Thank you, Mark Roberts Toronto, Canada Create T...