Pivot Table Question #15

Hey all,
Love pivot tables but i have a question, the table is set up as so
Month      Pallet#      BoxesPur      BoxesSold      Price     Frt     Gross
       Net
Jan             1             5                                     1.0
..3        Formula   Formula
                  2             5                                    2.0
   .5
                  3                                     10           3
  .15
Jan Total                  10                       10         6.0
..95

So, the problem is in the Jan Total row, is there a way to get the gross
column to sum the column instead of multipling the boxes purchased by the
price. Because the 6*10 if no the correct gross amount.
Anyone have any ideas. Thank you, Jennifer
--
Though daily learning, I LOVE EXCEL!
Jennifer

You should calculate the Gross for each item in the source table, and
add that field to the pivot table. Then, it will calculate and sum
correctly.

Jennifer wrote:
> Hey all,
> Love pivot tables but i have a question, the table is set up as so
> Month      Pallet#      BoxesPur      BoxesSold      Price     Frt     Gross
>        Net
> Jan             1             5                                     1.0
> .3        Formula   Formula
>                   2             5                                    2.0
>    .5
>                   3                                     10           3
>   .15
> Jan Total                  10                       10         6.0
> .95
>
> So, the problem is in the Jan Total row, is there a way to get the gross
> column to sum the column instead of multipling the boxes purchased by the
> price. Because the 6*10 if no the correct gross amount.
> Anyone have any ideas. Thank you, Jennifer

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Macro Button Question
Heya All, I am trying to insert and delete rows using macros. Ive assigned the Macro to a button, but would like to be able to insert (and delete) exactly where the button is on the worksheet, no matter where the activecell is.. So, I guess my question is, is it possible to get the cell reference behind a graphic button? Or, even better, assign a macro to a cell? ta, Maria Maria There are "insert row" and "insert column" buttons available from Tools>Customize>Commands>Insert Also "delete row" and "delete column" buttons available from To...

Table Design Issue
I have a database the has a Parts Table and a Vendors Table. what needs to happen is i need a form that will allow someon to view all the information about that parts itself and the vendors that supply the part but every part is available by all 5 vendors for different cost, and i need to construct tables that when part information is undated or deleted it will reflect across the board and on the form itself be able to see the vendor name and the part information for that vendor. what type of relationships will be involved here Answered in tablesdbdesign. ...

Rename Multiple Tables at once
I have an Access 2007 database that has a lot of linked tables and I want to 'batch' rename them. For example, they all start with "dbo_" and I want to rename all of them to "PM_". How can I make that happen? I've been searching and cannot find a solution. Any help that anyone can provide is greatly appreciated. Dim dbCurr As DAO.Database Dim tdfCurr As DAO.TableDef Set dbCurr = CurrentDb() For Each tdfCurr In dbCurr.TableDefs If Left(tdfCurr.Name, 4) = "dbo_" Then tdfCurr.Name = "PM_" & Mid(tdfCurr.Name, 5)...

Pivot Table Report: Getting average of difference of two date columns
Hello I have data in excel sheet as: WORK_ID PROJECT START_DT END_DT 1001 P1 1/1/2006 1/10/2006 1002 P1 1/25/2006 2/20/2006 1003 P1 3/15/2006 3/20/2006 I want to have a report that will give me average time taken to finish a work in a project. That is, I have to take average of (end_dt - start_dt) for a project group. How do I do this in a pivot table report. When I use a calculate field to get the days worked for a work_id using DATEDIF(START_DT, END_DT, "D") then excel computes only sum on that (pivot table report ...

Pivot Tables #32
Hi - I have got to learn fast how to make pivot tables from a database in Excel 2003. I know how to set up the database, however I just don't seem to grasp the logic or procedure to set up the table. Is there somewhere on the web that I can go do get almost a step by step explanations and examples to make them clearer? Thank You There are instructions and links for pivot tables on Jon Peltier's site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm sue t wrote: > Hi - I have got to learn fast how to make pivot tables > from a database in Excel 2003. I know how ...

Report filter question
Hi, I've done filters many times before, but something is not right and I can not see it. My report is running of a query which has NO selection criteria in it. It is just a logical view of a table. I have the following code in my report (it is hard coded only because I'm trying to debug the code": Me.Filter = "(((tblMailingList.MemType)='MT-S'))" Me.FilterOn = True I know that the filter code is correct because I went into design query and put MT-S for the Criteria in the field MemType and view the resulting SQL cod...

Pivot Tables #16
What are the point of Pivot Tables? I was asked about it at work, and I have no idea what they are and how useful they are? Very useful, you could have a look here to make a start, http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm Regards, Alan. "Jason Woolsey" <jasonmwoolsey@me.com> wrote in message news:72F80D21-15FD-4B00-B934-FE2A46EACC3B@microsoft.com... > What are the point of Pivot Tables? I was asked about it at work, and I > have no idea what they are and how useful they are? Hi Jason They are the hidden gem in Excel. A fantastically easy way of ana...

m_strFilter and multiple tables.
Hi, Can I specify a table list in a m_strFilter statement? ie: How do I accomplish the following using m_strFilter: SELECT * FROM RS1,RS2 WHERE RS1.DOCN = RS2.DOCN Thanks. ...

hwnd question
hwnd hA was created in process A hwnd hB was created in process B Q: is it legal for A to parent B ? Yes it is legal. But keep in mind these points. One thing to remember is that the child window sends message back to it parent. When your child window sends a message to it's parent window, the thread that the child window is in will block until the message is processed by the parent in a different thread. And be careful to destroy the thread with the child window before you destroy the parent window! Ali R. "anon" <someone@internet.com> wrote in message news:Oz3%23...

Editing Table of Authorities Categories
Heres a good one to chew on... There are occasions when we want to separate out the Statutes category into two separate categories, "federal statutes" and "state statutes", because Word doesn't recognize that federal statutes must appear before state statutes, and we don't want to run the risk of manually moving the federal up before the state and then updating the table of authorities and forgetting to do the manual work again. Here's my issue: I have macro that reassigns categories 2 through 8, essentially renaming Statutes and Other Authoriti...

How To Align Decimals In A PP 2007 Table
I have financial data with one decimal point where I want to align to the decimal point in a PowerPoint table. How do I select the full column and align to the decimals? Thanks! (B^>)-]=[ You can't. I've asked for this feature ever since about PowerPoint 2000, but it's still not there. Frustrating. You have to do this individually in each cell. Basically, choose the decimal tab option to the left of the ruler, then add a tab (Ctrl+Tab) before the text in each cell as necessary. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT ...

Using Min to Calculate across a table
I am attempting to massage data so I can see what the maximum number of pieces I can produce based off of various components. My query to figure out how many of each component is available per unit is complete and the output is: Part_Number, MaxComponent1, MaxComponent2,MaxComponent3, MaxComponent4 Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could find the MIN of the components and group by part number? Cheers See the MinOfList() function here: http://allenbrowne.com/func-09.html A better solution would be to create a related table with many records for the combinations that are va...

Several questions
I all of a sudden am using Excel again, this time Excel 7 and forgot how to do some things. 1.) How can I expand a page to fill the printer print area? 2.) How can I print all the worksheets on a single document? 3.) Or page 1 of each worksheet? TIA, GWB 1) You cannot expand a print area to fill a paper page. You can shrink it to fit a specified number of pages. Open Page Layout tab and launch (click on the arrow) the Scale to Fit group. 2) Office button (colourful ball) / Print / Print and in the Print What area (lower left corner of dialog)check the Entire Workbook box. 3) Off...

Entering the same value into two table fields at the same time
Say that there is a table which has 2 fields (A, B) There is a form [Form1] (data entry type) to enter data for A by `TextBoxA`. There is also one more `TextBoxB` which is Not Visible. My target is to record the value of (entered thtough `TextBoxA`) into B field of the table as well. So I write down a code "Before Insert" of the Form1 that: " Form_Form1.TextBoxB = Form_Form1.TextBoxA " It is not recording A values into the field B... Where am I wrong? Can you help me please? Sory !!! When I write down the same code into `OnExit` of TextBoxA, it is working...!! yes, ...

KBV- vlookup question
In the vlookup formula, the range entered includes the columns that need to be searched for matching or similar values and the range also includes the column from which the corresponding value has to be returned. What if there are 2 or more columns within that range that match the lookup value? How does excel handle that? According to Help for Excel 2003, VLOOKUP "searches for a value in the first column of a table array." It only searches in that column for the lookup_value argument. -Ryan KBV wrote: > In the vlookup formula, the range entered includes the columns that ne...

Text Formula Question
In COL A, I have a list of 2 and 3 digit charactors. I would like to seperate each string into the three adjacent columns. KQ AJs TT 89s KQ K Q AJs A J s TT T T 89s 8 9 s I know that I can use the Left function for the first col, but cant figure out how to get just the middle or third letters. Thanks in advance, Andrew Check your last post! -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! ------------------------------------------------...

Microsoft Word Table design in Access 2007
Is there a method for inserting a table (not an access table, but a word table with columns/rows/header, etc...) in a description field in a form or below the description field? I'm creating a database for development business rules and sometimes a business rule needs a table to explain or identify the heirarchy/relationship of items for the rule. I don't want this to link to anything else but the Business Rule ID that I am currently in. Thanks in advance! You could use a memo field but the data will not be separated by grid lines. You would need to add spacing and ...

Data Modeling:Lookup table and Main table:establishing relationshi
I am working on creating data model from existing database using MS Visio 2007 Profesional Edition. Existing database is w/o PK-FKs & I am working to create relational DB which enforces RI. I have a lookup table which contains language codes,used by main table. The problem ,I am running into, is that these languagecodes(from lookup table) are used by 3 columns in main table. So, I am wondering how can I enforce PK-FK relationship here. As in... language_code from lookup table is PK and it has to associated w/ column(s) existing in main table. Something like following: Lookup Table ...

Form feeding a table problem
I am a newer user of Access and inherited a database from a person no longer with the company. I am using a form to input invoice amounts into an invoice table. The form uses a parameter query to ask for invoice number. When the form opens, I have it pulling customer info from a customer table, which it displays on the form. I then enter more invoice info. When I look at the invoice table after I close the form, the info I typed (invoice update) is there, but the customer info that is automatically pulled doesn't load from the customer table to the invoice table. How can I g...

How do I put a landscape table into a portrait report
I am writing a report in portait and want to place a table that is in landscape into the report. . . how do I do this? Thanks, See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/LandscapeSection.htm. Although the stated purpose of this article is to explain how to put a portrait page number (or header/footer) on a landscape page, it does start by explaining how to create the required landscape section for your table. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Gwen" <Gwen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

CSplitterWnd questions,
When my program starts, only one view of the four splitter window shows. I have to manually drag the bars to induce the other 3. My question is: how do I readjust the size of each splitter window in code? Also, what method do I use to get a HWND (or CWnd) to each subdivided window? vsgdp wrote: > When my program starts, only one view of the four splitter window shows. I > have to manually drag the bars to induce the other 3. My question is: how > do I readjust the size of each splitter window in code? Also, what method > do I use to get a HWND (or CWnd) to each subdi...

how can i build a three variable data table in excel ?
I know it is feasible but I can't figure out how to do it. Hi not really sure what you mean with this. Could you give an example? "Solario" wrote: > I know it is feasible but I can't figure out how to do it. Maybe?? dim myTable(1 to 2, 1 to 8, 1 to 17) as variant mytable(1,1,1) = "hi" mytable(1,1,2) = "there" ..... mytable(2,8,17) = "whew! that's a lot of entries" Solario wrote: > > I know it is feasible but I can't figure out how to do it. -- Dave Peterson ...

Money 2003 Question #2
My computer froze and shut down with Microsoft money open. When I reboot and tried to open file it gives me an error "Money has detected that you did not close the file before exiting. Money now needs to verify the information in your file. Chose Yes. When I chose Yes, it says "repairing file" and then gives me the error that the password I entered was incorrect. Can anyone tell me how to prevent this situation? It's happened several times and takes me a long time to update my file from a back up version. You might want to try renaming the client.xml file. I...

wasy macro question
I used the macro recorder to get the code to resize columns on a worksheet Cells.Select Range("A1766").Activate Cells.EntireColumn.AutoFit What I don't understand in the Range. It's seems to be referring to a single cell. Could someone explain to a VBA newbie? I'm importing a text file and I want to resize the columns after import. I have the import working just need this one last thing. The worksheet will always have the same number of columns but the number of rows may vary will the above code still work? gls858 gls858 wrote: > I used the macro reco...

State Tax tables
Are there State and Local tax tables available for Great Plains. We operate in PA and need some City taxes withheld from certain employees, this is now a manual process. These are not updated through Great Plains but the do exist under Cards>Payroll>State Taxes, Local Taxes. Hope this helps or answers you question. "Lou" wrote: > Are there State and Local tax tables available for Great Plains. We operate > in PA and need some City taxes withheld from certain employees, this is now a > manual process. ...