Pivot table - printing specific data

I am trying to print a specific group of data from a pivot table. I learned
of 'show pages' but first may not have my fields properly assigned.

My initial data sheet starts with columns; regional manager, area manager,
sales rep, store # and then many columns of data; sales 2004, sales 2005....
The rows have the corresponding data and there are 50 sales reps each with
20-25 stores.

My pivot table has regional, area, sales rep and store # in the page fields.
All the other sales figures are in the data field.

If I want to print a page showing sales for each of the 25 individual stores
of a certain sales rep, I currently select the store #, print, change to the
next store #, print.....25 times.

Is there a way to arrange the fields so that I can use 'show pages' and then
print the 25 individual store pages for that rep when I print the workbook?

I notice that on the data sheet, I use autofilter, select the sales rep and
if I look at the store # list through the filter arrow, I only see those
stores associated with the rep.

On the pivot table, if I select the sales rep from the page field arrow,
when I click on the store # in the page field, I still see all 1000 stores.
Using 'show pages' would make 1000 pages when I want just the 25 stores for
that rep.

Any suggestions, please?

Doug

0
Doug4515 (774)

You can use Tom Ogilvy's multiple page field printing code shown here:

To exclude page field combinations with no data, add a line to the
DrillPvt code, e.g.

     If oTable.DataBodyRange.Cells.Count > 1 Then
         If PrintFlag Then

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Validating Data on a Form with a subForm
I have a form with subforms with data validation in the main Form's Before_Update Event. The problem that I am encountering is when the user has not updated all required data but enters the subform the Form Before_Update Event fires and the validation will fail. Is there a way to know what the next object has been selected might be or how I would not perform the Form's validation when the subform has been selected? Any help will be appreciated!!! No. Access saves the main form's record at the point when you move from the main form into the subform. Any record that fails v...

Biztalk or Scribe for our data integration?
We recently started using CRM 3.0 and the time has come to decide on a data migration plan. So far I've looked at Scribe and it seems promising but my higher-ups are suggesting we take a look at BizTalk. Eventually we will need to pull (two way integration will be required with at least two legacy systems) data from several legacy systems including flat files, SQL Server and a Progress database to name a few. The possibility also exists that we'll want to accept Word, Excel and HTML documents from customers and have information they contain added to our database. Is BizTalk cap...

Data value display attributes linked to table attributes
Is there a way to cause data value points to take on attributes such as bold, italic or color set at the table from which they are derived? For example, suppose I was charting hits at several web sites as function of time, and the some characteristic of the site was being altered back and forth (say font "A" and font "B") as part of an experiment. I can easily produce a line graph x=hits y=time for the various sites, but these is no way to visualize which condition (A or B) was in effect at each data value point. I'd like to be able to display the portion of each li...

Pivot Tables
Hi, I am having trouble creating a pivot table to show variance between planned vs actual units. Currently my data is broken down into the following fields, Team, Type, Month, Actual Units, Planned Units. I would like the pivot table to show if the current teams are meeting their monthly goals by comparing the planned vs actual units and showing the percentage. Team (all) (page) Month Jan Feb March . . . . . (column) Actual 100 110 90 Planned 90 110 100 Variance 10 0 -10 variance % 11% ...

Two tables, one form
I have a form that I created in AC2003. This form will merge info from two tables. So I assigned Table1 as the source for the form, inserted all of the columns from Table 1. Next, I changed to source for the form to Table2 and again inserted all of the columns from Table2 onto the form. I then changed the name of all Table2 columns to precede it with an "n". i.e. FirstName became nFirstName. All source for those items for Table2 were changed to have no source. Again, the source for the form is Table1. I lookup a row in Table1 in Table2 and if a match is found, ...

How to read values from a table?
Hi, I am trying to redesign an old database. I have three forms start, entry, edit forms. Start form is like a switch board to enter into the forms. An audit is entered into the database through "Entry" form which has around 50 controls. All these controls gets stored in the main table. "Edit" forms allows you to edit the audit. The issue here is the "Edit" form doesn't read the values from the main table when the form is loaded. I have a logic to read the values from the main table in "start" form. Everything looks fine with the SQL statemen...

Need to extrcat data from one Excel file to an other
Hi there I'm looking form a solution to press on button in a Excel sheet which ill exctract some datas from an other Excel sheet which can be close or opened. It should beworing on Windows XP, 2003, Vista and 7 as well with 32 bits and 64 bits. Thanks in avance for your advise and best regards Tra Browse through the example codes found at Ron de Bruin's site. http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm Look at the 'Copy/paste/merge" section. Should be some good material to start with. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 28 May 2011 19:53:03 +0200, Tra Sumaka <trasumak...

enter data to different tables through one form
i have 5 tables. all of them has pers_no as primary key. they have one to one relation ship through the primary key amongest them. i want to create one form having a text box pers_no where i will enter the data and i want the data to get entered in each table. so how i am not able to do that. i request all you guys to help me. thank you. Sorry for the bad news, but that's not the right way to use Access. You cannot write to 5 tables from one form like that. If you are subclassing, you could create a form for entering the main form info, and then 5 subforms (probably on tab pages) f...

Scatter plot
I have an XY scatter graph with some points in it. My data in the spreadsheet looks like this: [Title] [X-value] [Y-value] [size] Data 1 | 10 | 10 | 1 Data 2 | 33 | 44 | 5 What I want to do is to change the size of the data point according to the value I specify. Right now, I have to individually modify each point and add a number corresponding to the size. Is there anyway to take the size-value from the spreadsheet and change the size of the point in the graph? In the long run, I am also looking to modify the color. If the solution requires some VBA coding, I am up for that. Any sugges...

Append to MS SQL 2005 table
I'm getting a key violation error whenever I try and append records from a table in Access to a table on a MS SQL 2005 database. The SQL db's table has an IID field which is the primary key for the table (and the only indexed field in the table) and I am NOT trying to append records to the IID field with my INSERT INTO tImport(...) statement. It is a clustered index if that makes any difference. Since I can't seem to add the table and write to it without an index field, does anyone have any ideas why I am getting the error message Is the IID field an Identity/Autonumber t...

Importing data #2
hi I would like to import data from the web and although this is quite simple in Excel 2003 the new data (that comes in upon refresh) replaces the old. I was wondering if there is a way to keep previous history of the data, make Excel fill in adjacent cells with the new data for example. Thanks for taking the time to read this George hi, if you are using Microsoft query, the answer would be no. The Micorsoft query becomes a named range in excel that is linked to the query. by desing it expands and contracts at refresh to accommidate new data. I think to accomplish what you want yo...

Offsetting Chart data
I require to view data in chart format, the problem is as the data lines are so close I need to offset the data to view all on one chart for comparison. Can anyone help me with this?? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ What does that mean? "Offset the data?" If you want to see only a subset of the data, see the Dynamic Charts page of my site. You should be able to adapt one of the examples to your needs. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -...

Pivot Table 2007 display field only in Grand Total
Dear Excel experts, I have a Pivot Table (Excel 2007). As an example, the table consists of two Colum Labels (Expense 1 and Expense 2). Values under the Column Labels are Actual Expense, Budget and Full Year budget. All Values (Actual Expense, Budget and Full Year budget) are totaled in the Grand Total. However, Management want to see Full Year Budget only in Grand Total (not under Expenses 1 and Expense 2). I was manually hiding those values. Is there a way to automate this? Thanks ...

OLE Object Data Type Question
Hi, a friend of mine supports a very simple Access 2000 database for keeping tracks of his .JPG file. The database has a table with several field, and one of them is of OLE Object data typy. He opens that table, rightclicks OLE Object field, selects Insert Oject and creates a link to a .JPG file. After finishing insertion the OLE Object field contains kind of "MSPicture3" or "MSImage3" (I don't remember exactly the text). Before a month ago he moved his database to another computer and now after insertion into the OLE Object field a link, it contains "...

Data Labels on Clustered Column w/ 3D Visual effect #2
Clustered Columns can have Alignment as "Inside End" This doesn't seem possible with 3D Visual effect Is there a way to resolve this? Yes, use 2D charts. They provide a better representation of the values being plotted without the implied false third dimension. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ emwashburn wrote: > Clustered Columns can have Alignment as "Inside End" > > This doesn't seem possible with 3D Visual effect > > Is there a way to ...

Quaters In Pivot Tables
Pivot Tables default to the first Quarter of a year commencing January. Is it possible to have the first quarter commencing July, as per Finacial rather than Calender year? Are you achieving your Quarters by Grouping a date field from your data source? If so, I don't think you can group dates in any other way--I've asked this question myself and done web searches and didn't find a different way to group. This might solve your dilemma, though (you'll have to ditch the Grouping): Create a Calculated Item that sums all dates in the appropriate range. Basic Instructions fo...

shared calendar/printing issues
Hi, I'm new on this forum, but seems to be a very nice folks aroun here! here's the situation I have. there's this manager who shared her calendar with her admin, her admi is able to access the calendar (the manager gave her owner' permissions), so, she's able to access it, to accept, decline, etc etc, the funny thing is that when the admin tries to print he manager's calendar, it works fine on a month view, and on a week view but when she tries to print on a day view, Outlook returns an erro message "the program interface returned an unknown error, close th app...

XML Insert data C# ASP.net 2.0 Need to know how to insert by speci
Hello, I have the following XML Schema: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Schedule> <Day Name="Monday"> </Day> <Day Name="Tuesday"> </Day> <Day Name="Wednesday"> </Day> <Day Name="Thursday"> </Day> <Day Name="Friday"> </Day> <Day Name="Saturday"> </Day> <Day Name="Sunday"> </Day> </Schedule> I want users to be able to input the following tiomeblocks for a scheduling s...

Incorrect printing of Visio 2003 drawings in Word 2003
I got the error described in KB 827865 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827865&Product=visio2003 with Visio 2003 and Word 2003, in Embedded Visio Objects as well as in placed .emf files or copy/pasted images using Enhanced Metafile format and all this while using just normal latin characters. I do already use current drivers and the problem appears when creating PDFs as well as when printing to a PostScript printer. Any help would be very much appreciated! Matthias Have you tried inserting them as Word Drawing objects? That works best for me. Randall Arnold ...

Getting data from Access
I am trying to use the Get External Data function to pull data from an Access query however I keep getting an error that says: "Microsoft Query: msqry32.exe - Application error The instruction at 0x000000072 referenced memory at 0x000000072. Memory could not be read Click OK to Terminate Click on CANCEL to debug" I am using Excel and Access 2000. Does anyone have any idea why I keep getting this error? Check out this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/accessexcel.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "NChris" <NChris@discussions.micr...

Cannot get datagrid to display data
Hi, I have an XML file that I was hoping to use as a database Here is the code that I have copied that should display the data namespace File_Generation_System { public partial class vrholds : Form { public vrholds() { InitializeComponent(); XmlDataDocument xmlDatadoc = new XmlDataDocument(); xmlDatadoc.DataSet.ReadXml("vrdatabase.xml"); DataSet ds = new DataSet("vrdata DataSet"); ds = xmlDatadoc.DataSet; dataGridView1.DataSource = ds.DefaultViewManager; } But what I g...

how do I set up publisher 2000 to print business cards 10 per pag.
I can only get 4 on a page. When you are ready to print, in the print dialog, you will be able to change the page properties. Click page options, custom options, change the side margin to .75, change the top margin to .5, change the gaps to zero. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "yvette" <yvette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D4E614E-3F33-456D-B7D9-E1A8CD452C13@microsoft.com... >I can only get 4 on a page. Here's I do it with Publisher 2000. File Page Setup Special Si...

RMS should show what bar code it is going to print
Okk when a item is made in RMS and the customer makes his own barcode and selects a barcode format to print it should show at the bottom of the screen what barcode is being created(as in the case of UPC, EAN it has a check Digit) That way the customer can put in the check digit in the number so it will scann after printing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Database table relationships
In visio 2007 I can not connect the relationship heads and tails to tables - Any suggestions? Thanks ...

Table Security Violation
We have a modified report called POP Purchase Order Blank Form. I'm able to print it out as sa, however, our purchasing manager is no longer able to use it. He gets the error "Table Security Violation". After trying all sorts of different combinations using Advanced Security, I finally just copied sa's security into our Purchasing Manager's account. Believe it or not, it still wouldn't work. We've reimported the report and didn't help either. I can't ease the security any more than I already have, what other options do I have? What am i missi...