Pivot Table Page Field

Hi There,

I have a simple pivot table that shows sales by salesperson, per month.
Months are represented by accounting period numbers (i.e. apr =1, may=2,
.....march =12)
The period numbers are the page field, so i select a period from the page
field and it shows me the sales for that month by salesperson.
However, I have the period in cell A1 that changes in real-time, can I link
the page field to this cell, so instead of me having to increment the period.
It simply picks it up from A1.

Any help is appreciated

Jim
0
Jimbola (32)

Change font/colours for text in field
tHi, Is it possible to format the text displayed in a field with another font or colour? /Lotten Yes, there are several ways, however, they aren't officially supported by Microsoft as customization points. All the CRM screens and their controls have corresponding cascading style sheets defined in the CRMWeb folder of your CRM installation. There is no central spot for these sheets, and they are distributed amongst the subfolders of this directory. This distribution is arranged by component function. You can add css attributes to color various components in these sheets. You can also...

Fetching Web Page Inconsistent
I have a program that fetches a web page using InternetOpenUrl and InternetReadFile. It works consistently on XP, but on some (not all) Vista (and apparently Windows 7) machines if doesn't. For the program and web page fetch to work the person must be logged in with IE and have a login cookie. When it's exhibiting the failure it returns a page that says the user is not logged in. But, he is. When the program sees a "You aren't logged in" page it has an option to go to the target page in IE. If the user chooses this option and goes to the page in the browse...

FROM field when sending messages
How do I get a FROM field to come up when I am sending or forwarding messages? The only options that come up are TO, CC, and SUBJECT. Before XP was installed on my computer, a FROM field came up as well, so I could send messages on my bosses' behalf. While composing, View--From Field Ray at work "Tammy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:021f01c39cb1$2fa2d1d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How do I get a FROM field to come up when I am sending or > forwarding messages? The only options that come up are > TO, CC, and SUBJECT. Before XP was...

Calculated items/fields in pivot table
Dear all, I am new to excel pivot table and I would like to ask you all a question regarding the calculated items/fields in pivot table. I am making a pivot table whose data source is shown below: Team Salesperson Amount Sold Price each Team Person Amount Sold Price each Paper A 50 35 Paper D 60 25 Pen D 500 4 Desk C 20 400 Desk A 10 700 Pen B 700 3.5 Clip B 500 2.5 Clip C 600 2 Desk B 15 600 I am thinking if it is a way to add a field in the pivot table which can show the total sale of each Team. For e...

importing excel with alphanumeric figures into the same field
I have an excel file that I am trying to import into Access. One field with alphanumeric characters will not import. It just causes errors. It is listed as a double type import, but it will not do it. Please help. Hi Randy, The Access routine that imports Excel data doesn't allow direct control over the types of the fields it creates, and often runs into trouble with Excel columns that contain a mix of numeric and text values. You can work round this in any of the following ways: 1) create the table yourself with the field types you need, then import the spreadsheet data. The f...

refresh pivot report
Every time I refresh my pivot table I lose formatting that I have to re-do every time, specifically column widths, cell borders and cell formatting such as bold and wrapped. I also lose this formatting when I use my page fields drop down box to look at different groups of data. Is there anything I can do to retain my formatting in these situations? -- Julie Julie If you go into the Pivot table options you can de-select the box "Auto Format Table". This should do the trick. Roger "Julie" wrote: > Every time I refresh my pivot table I lose formatting that I...

Items report shows negative -1 in Available quantity field
When I run the Items (all) report by clicking the "Items" button and sort the Available Qty. field on the report, I am finding -1 items in the Available Qty. field even though we are out of these items. When I drill into the properties of the item, and go to the Inventory tab, and look at the committed field, I find that RMS has a 1 in the field and a -1 in the Available field, yet On_hand has a zero. I would like to be able to zero out the Committed and the Available fields to zero, but would also like to know how this occured to begin with? We think that we may have had a...

Pivot tables remember values that are not available anymore
Hello everyone I would like to ask you is it is possible to reset the fields in a pivot table to make disapear values that they are not anymore available on the data form the selection-criteria when a fields is drill down example lets make a simple table like :: uno dos tres a q 1 s q 2 d q 3 f q 4 g q 5 a w 6 s w 7 d w 8 f w 9 g w 0 make a pivot table and drilldown "uno" (row fields), drillacross "dos" (column fields) and "tres" as Data-Items so in the selection criteria for "uno" ...

excel page numbering
How do I number every page in a workbook which has several tabs [SIZE="1"]To insert page numbers on multiple worksheets at the same time, click the first worksheet tab, and then hold down CTRL while clicking the other worksheet tabs. On the View menu, click Header and Footer. Click Custom Header or Custom Footer. To specify where you want the page number to appear, click inside the Left section, Center section, or Right section box. Click the page number button , and then click OK. A preview image of your header or footer will appear in the Page Setup dialog box. -- Rebel ------...

Require Field Entry based On Other Entry
I'm trying to Require Entry in a Field on a form if another field has a certain entry. I've tried the following code in Before Update: If Me![Customer]="Mutual" and IsNull(Me![Returns]) Then MsgBox "You must enter a value in Returns." Cancel = True [Returns].SetFocus But it's giving me the error message: "Block IF without End IF" Thanks! That's one of the more accurate error messages If Me![Customer]="Mutual" and IsNull(Me![Returns]) Then MsgBox "You must enter a value in Returns." Cancel = True ...

A/P Tables
Hi, Which table(s) contain(s) the A/P checks/payments? Which column hold the check number? Are payments via credit-card in the same table(s) with checks? Many thanks, -Itai You can find this information in the SDK found on the second Great Plains cd. Payments are payments. The type is a column in the table. "Itai" wrote: > Hi, > Which table(s) contain(s) the A/P checks/payments? > Which column hold the check number? > Are payments via credit-card in the same table(s) with checks? > Many thanks, > -Itai > > > > > Charles, The SDK indic...

make the first page smaller
Haw can i make the fist page not so broad as page 3 and 4? In <4BEA43EF-2808-4BA2-B21C-A91A0ED0A9A2@microsoft.com> svende wrote: > Haw can i make the fist page not so broad as page 3 and 4? > Can't handle different size pages in same doc. make it the same size then trim it later. oh...page 1 can not be smaller than page 2 unless they are on different piece of paper (normally p2 is on back of p1). ...

Graph Question. Values from different pages. Not in same cell ranges.
Hi, I have an excel work book which keeps track of players averages in a dart league. Every week gets a different page. I would like pages for individual players, that will keep track of only 2 columns on a weekly basis, which I will use to make a graph. Because the stats are sorted by high average, the players don't always stay in the same cells. The long way would be for me to reference the necessary cells, week to week. I was wondering if there is a script that can do the following pseudocode. Using C1 in the current individual player's sheet. C1 = Where "Week1.Ce...

how to create a chart from a dynamic table of data?
hai!! i need to create a chart from a dynamic table,meaning that the table is auto-generated from database after clicking a button.This is my first time using macro in excel, so i'm not really well in it. my idea right now is using Chart.Add,but then i'm having problem on how to define the cells selection(i must do "the do..loop statement" rite?) ur help is very appreciated,tq! Use the macro recorder as a guide. When I record a macro to create a simple chart it looks like: Sub Macro1() ' Macro recorded 7/30/2007 by Jon Peltier ' Charts.Add ActiveChart.Ch...

Unable to insert record in table
Hi, Using SQL Server 2005. I have a table with one required field (key field, var type int) and various other optional fields. Yesterday, my Access VBA code failed to action the following SQL statement: INSERT INTO ORDERS (OrderID) VALUES (9121165) I got a time out error and a report that the record could not be inserted (error code -2147217887). So I opened SQL Server Managment studio and opened the table. When I tried to insert a new record using the same OrderId, I first got a timeout error and could not add the record. AFter OK'ing the error, I was able to cli...

RMS PO # mapped to field in SBA
In the RMS Connector from EVT, the RMS PO # should be mapped to either the Reference field or Memo field on the bill in Small Business Accounting. It is VERY difficult to track a PO between RMS and SBA without that. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. htt...

Looking up data from a table conditionally
Hello, I would like to know how to create a formula that looks at a value in one cell, uses that value to find a corresponding value in a separate table, and then enters that value in my sheet. For example, say I want a value to appear in cell B1 based on the value in cell A1. If the value in cell A1 is "B", and the value in a separate table that corresponds to "B" is $500, I want the formula in cell B1 to return the value "$500". Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks, Eric Classic application for the VLOOKUP formula......... =VLOOKUP(A1,YOURTABLE,2,FALS...

Pivot Table
In my Pivot Table, I have all the column headers formatted to "wrap text". When I select new data to display in the pivot table, it removes the wrapping on the column headers. I've deselected the AutoFormat Table option, but the behavior continues. Any way around this? You may have to enable selection (From the Pivot toolbar, choose PivotTable>Select, and click on Enable Selection) Before formatting cells, instead of selecting the entire column, use the selection feature to select the items in the description field. For example, move the pointer to the top of a column ...

too many fields on import, or too few brain cells?
I am a self-taught novice so please bear with me: I am a teacher and have created a scantron form using Adobe Live Cycle. The form uses radio-button groups for students to enter their answers into. I export the data as an .xml file and then try to import the data into access which will create a new record with the student's name, date, and test ID, whereupon I will have some calculated fields which will generate the student's test score. My problem: There are just over 300 fields on the adobe form. The access limit is 255, which makes it impossible to import all of the data. My ...

Need Records from 2 Tables
I have an Employee table in Access that is updated weekly from a Payroll system. If someone is terminated, they will no longer be in this table. It was suggested I create a "History" table to keep from losing these terminated records. BUT, this would mean when I query to find an associate, I would need to look at all the records from the Employee Table, and just the unmatched records in the "History" table. With what I know of joins, there isn't a way to do this. So what do I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! PB, If you move the terminated empl...

Add Custom Field to an Account
I am trying to add a custom field to an 'Account' and don't see it appearing after restarting IIS. Here's what I did: Clicked on Goto > Settings > Customization > Customize Entities > Account > Attributes > New (FYI this is a date field called Renewal Date). After saving and publishing, I then restarted IIS on the CRM box, but don;t see the new field in any part of the Account sections. Thoughts? Thanks You will have to go back to the view of the account and add that field to the form. You can test the view. If it looks ok, then you publish the chang...

Pivot table from Multiple Consolidation Ranges
Dear All Excel Experts, Creating a Pivot Table from 1 data table in 1 worksheet gives me the Pivot Table the way I want it, meaning as many Page Fields as I defined them at the top left of the Pivot Table. These Page Fields represent the column lables and in the drop-down I can choose the data under that lable of the respective column. Now I wish to have precise the same Pivot Table, but this time from data tables spread over several worksheets, whereby the format of these data tables are exactly the same. But now the drop-down of the Page Fields at the top left of the Pivot Table g...

How to anchor data label show value option on Pivot Chart
I have a pivot chart and I like to show the data value above the column, however when I resort the chart with a new query, the data labels disappear and I have to go back through format data series/data labels/show value all over again. How do I get the data labels to stay and update automatically based on the new sort Leroy This is an admitted deficiency in pivot tables and charts. Next time you have to redo a chart's formatting, record a macra, then play it back every time after that. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Sol...

How to link an existing Form to additional Tables
I have entered data in for Table and subsequently I have designed a Form in Microsoft Access that uses this Table. Now I have recently constructed a second Table with different data (in the same Access file). I would like to use this second Table in the form as well. How can I add the variables from the second Table to the form? At the moment, only the variables from the first Table are available in the design view of the Form. (I don't want to integrate the two Tables in one Table.) Thanks in advance! On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 21:15:23 +0100, "Burger" <burger1965@hotpop.com>...

Linked Table
Hi, I have a Access 2003 mdb that I have used for years that has worked OK. Recently one of my queries malfunctioned to an external Progress db's linked table. Specifically, the query's table list is missing many of the fields in the table though when I inspect the linked table in the Tables Objects Section I see all the fields. How can I fix my query? TIA, Dan Why post the same question in different newsgroups? (already answered in the other newsgroups you posted in). If your situation is one of the (few) unusual circumstances in which it is necessary/appropriat...