Pivot Table % of

I  have a pivot table like the followng:

Joe       Trans Ct
A            5
B            3
C            2
Total Joe 10
Kelly
A              6
B              1
C              4
Total Kelly 11

I added another Count of Trans shown as a "% of column", but it gives me the
percent of the entire column when what I really want is the % of Total Joe, %
of Total Kelly, etc.  In this instance I simply made the names go across
instead of down which solved the problem, but there are instances where I
don't want to do that.  Any suggestions for getting the percent per item
rather than percent of grand total? Thanks.

Erin

Pivot Chart, line graph w/ multiple series
I have columns of cust, year, est sales, actual sales. Customer is put in page area, year is put on category axis. I can add est sales to data area and will have one line. But when I add the actual sales to the data area, it does not show as a line, but adds itself to the category x axis. Am I missing something? If you are adding the field directly on to the PivotChart, consider using the associated PivotTable. Is the 'actual sales' column part of the data field or one of the the row/column fields? Ensure it is a data field. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel ww...

Accss Tables
I have a set of Tables that are linked to Excell Sheets. My perfomance is very slow I was wondering if there is a way to take the existing linked table and convert them into local Access tables retaining the exsiting data in the tables. File | Get External Data | Import -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Harold" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BE86EEE-C2FC-4347-A056-03D6715EE46E@microsoft.com... > I have a set of Tables that are linked to Excell Sheets. My perfomance is very slow. > I was wo...

changing fields to another table's fields
I have made a form using fields from table#1. I want to use fields of same name from table#2. Easy way to do this? If you want to use data from table2 instead of table1 in the same form you might edit a "RowSource" property from "table1" to "table2" in a properties of your form. Denis. "sparky" <sparky@discussions.microsoft.com> �������/�������� � �������� ���������: news:9E9A7960-C5ED-44CF-85A5-0CC7FFFE8DEE@microsoft.com... >I have made a form using fields from table#1. I want to use fields of same > name from table#2. Easy way t...

Pivot Table #7
Hi -- I have a pivot table Column A = Soldtoname Column B = Sales # Column C = Software Column D = Support Column E = Grand total Is there a way to incorporate next to Column E what percentage Support represents? Hi, Take a look at Debra web http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot10.html if this helps please click yes, thanks "H" wrote: > Hi -- I have a pivot table > > Column A = Soldtoname > Column B = Sales # > Column C = Software > Column D = Support > Column E = Grand total > > Is there a way to incorporate next to Column E what percentage Supp...

Adding row to a table
I have appreciated the input of g. mayor and have found his "An alternative method of adding a row to a protected table" (http://www.gmayor.com/word_vba_examples.htm) to be quite helpful. It is designed to be an 'exit macro' and I am trying to use it in a slightly different way. My issue is that as a user tabs through a form they will always come to the last cell and tabbing to the next formfield just creates another row. So I am attempting to set up a button (commandbutton) that will run the macro and add an additional row 'on demand.' I have this...

find affected tables when creating a new record in CRM frontend
How can I find out what tables which new record has been added on when I enter data through a form in CRM front end? I try to find way to map form in the CRM frontend to the tables at the CRM database at backend? It is CRM 3.0 Thank in advances for help! On Nov 9, 12:12=A0pm, VistaUser123 <sunmapleleaf...@yahoo.com> wrote: > How can I find out what tables which new record has been added on when I > enter data through a form in CRM front end? I try to find way to map form= in > the CRM frontend to the tables at the CRM database at backend? It is CRM = 3.0 > > Thank in...

Pivot Table Basics
I am almost certain that I can use pivot tables to make life easier, but have no idea where to start. My understanding is that data on a worksheet can be used more comprehensively using one of these. Can someone point me in the direction of a BASIC lesson on Pivot Tables, in order that I can explore the possibility of using one? Let's say I have a worksheet with column headings and data under each heading....Let's also say that I have no idea what a pivot table is used for! Many thanks! Manhar There are pivot table instructions and links on Jon Peltier's web site: ...

Reorient Pivot Table Data
Hello, Is it possible to reorient pivot table Data from rows to columns? An example is as follows: Now (data is correct) TYPE SUBTYPE DATA A 1 Permits 5 Value $1,500,258 Lots 25 A 2 Permits 3 Value $1,253,000 Lots 12 ================================================================== To This: TYPE SUBTYPE Permits Value Lots A 1 5 $1,500,258 25 A 2 3 $1,253,000 12 Thanks, JBESr To arrange the data fields horizontally, drag the Data button onto the cell that contains the word Total. There's a screen shot here: http://www.contextures.com/x...

Comparing two tables
hey just a short question :-D I have two tables, one with a list with 1330 entries and one with 720 entries, the 720 are all in the big list as well, is there a way to write the 610 entries from the big list that arent in the small list into another excel table without doing it one by one ? thanks in advance Peter PEter, try to use the "VLOOKUP" function...it will help you to identify with values are in both tables (sheets)... so you can mark the values that are in both tables and separete then easily... i don´t know if you know the VLOOKUP function...if you don´...

Ole objects in records/tables
I have a question every time I tried to go to word and powerpoint and says type a prodect key I typed from the back of my labtop but it keeps saying it wrong.So what do I do? WHAT??????? "Kevin Ramos" <kevin's email> wrote in message news:%23X$8BdeQIHA.2268@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have a question every time I tried to go to word and powerpoint and says >type a prodect key I typed from the back of my labtop but it keeps saying >it wrong.So what do I do? ...

Delete rows in table if checkbox value in first cell equals true
Hi People, First time caller long time observer. I'm creating a form which contains three tables. First two tables contain information such as heading, date, time, user details etc. Table three consists of 2 rows and 5 columns. First row is used for column headings and second row contains form fields where the user can record their data. The first cell of row 2 contains a checkbox and the rest contain text fields. Now, I would like the user to have the ability to add and remove rows at click of a button. After couple hours of researching I figured out the code that...

HR & Payroll Table Security
How can we grant read/write access to only the SQL tables for HR and payroll. We do not want to have a GP user setup, only SQL access. You would use Enterprise Manager or Management Studio to create a login; assign the login to the database; and (here's the tricky part) select the specific tables you want the user to see. For payroll tables, select the UPR tables. For the HR tables, you'll need to assign permissions to tables with various types of names. Use the Resource Descriptions in GP to look at the HR tables so you will know which ones you need. -- Charles Allen, MVP ...

Updating table/list
I have a quarterly report of company names and tables of other data related to it. My problem is every quarter, the company names changes (dropped some, added some). For 2 qtrs now, I have just created a new table with the new list and deleted the old table. This Company List table has relationships. Is there an easier way of updating the company list without having to delete, and re-create table? My data comes from an excel spreadsheet which is exported from Access. Thanks for any help. ...

Adding additional column of data to pivot table
I have a data table that has 7000 rows, which I'm slicing using a pivot table. Column A has 150 unique values. I'd like to add another pivot table field (let's call it field F), which will have three unique values. I will decide which of the Column A values should match up to three field F values. Obviously, I don't want to do this for 7000 rows but just for the 150 unique Column A rows. Can someone tell me what the best way is to do this? In database theory, I guess what I want is to create another table and then join them, but I'm not sure if that is common in Excel. H...

Look up wizard in tables
I have designed a table and in one field of the table I have used 'look up wizard' to make a relationship with another table in the database. When I open the table in datasheet view and click on the field with the 'Look up relationship' it pulls information from the first column only, not the second. The relationship of the tables are right, not sure why it is pulling information from one column only. I would like it to pull from both columns as the row information is related. IMO, you should never ever use lookup fields in table designs. http://www.mvps.org/acc...

Pivot Table #43
One of the row headings in my pivot Table is 'Ticker'. On the data page there are about 12 rows with a ticker of 'GS'. These willl NOT show up on the pivot table. If I change them to something else (GS_TEST,GS_TEMP, etc) and refresh the pivot table, they appear. When I try to change the ticker back to GS and refresh, they disappear again.. Thoughts?? I've been all over the knowledge base.. Looked up smart tags, checked my autocorrect entries, etc.. I don't know of anything that would cause the problem. If you copy the source data into a new workbook, and crea...

Linking fields in different table in same database
I have a database (Access 2007) that is used for holding data on and communicating with FE colleges. Obviously (?) each college has a number of contacts (up to 14) and these are represented in two tables – one for College Details and one for Contact Details which are linked by a one to many relationship. Most colleges have one representative on one of 3 groups, but not all colleges are represented on all groups and some not on any. The membership of a group is noted by a field in the Contact details. Getting a query to run to identify membership of groups is OK. But I can’t fig...

Display only part of table in combo box
I have a table of friendly names where each person may not have any or may have several. They are in a table with ID and name, such as: 1 Cat 1 Cathy 4 Fred 5 Ed 5 Eddie How can I get the combo box to only display Cat and Cathy for person # 1 and Fred for person # 4? Fred You could add another field to flag the ones to display. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "frederick" wrote: > I have a table of friendly names where each person may not have any or may > have several. They are in a table with ID and name, such as: > 1 Cat > 1 Cathy > 4 Fred &g...

Could not delete from specified tables
I created the following query but I get the "Could Not Delete From Specified Tables" error. Although I have access to the table and can delete from that table manually. my query is as follows: DELETE DISTINCTROW tblSatAdv.* FROM tblSatAdv INNER JOIN ( SELECT Max(tblSatAdv.SnapshotInvDte) AS MaxOfSnapshotInvDte FROM tblSatAdv ) AS MAXDTE ON tblSatAdv.SnapshotInvDte = MAXDTE.MaxOfSnapshotInvDte; It is not possible to delete using a aggregate sub Query as a joined "table" Pieter "ISUTri" <GraberJ@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ce6eaad7-6db5-4f03-...

Pivot Table Refresh not working properly
I have a Raw data sheet where I keep appending the data... When I refresh the pivot table its not fetching the newly added rows. I checked the data range which is absolutely fine. If i create a new pivot table the newly added rows appear in it, but the existing Pivot is not pulling the data set when refreshed. Any specific reason? I am using Excel 2007. Please help. Thanks in advance. Thanks, Satish Check the Source Data of your Pivot Table whether it’s covering the new data range also. Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner...

Pivot Tables #11
I have a userform, and it has 2 textboxes, is there a way that I can write a macro that will only display that data on a pivot table between the 2 dates entered in these textboxes? Right now I have the below, but I don't want to have to have all the dates written like this. With thisworkbook.sheets("CARS Survey Results by Date").PivotTables("PivotTable2").PivotFields("Date") ..PivotItems("9/28/2005").Visible = True ..PivotItems("9/29/2005").Visible = True ..PivotItems("9/30/2005").Visible = True End With I would like to ente...

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...

How to auto-generate a unique ID in the Item table?
I want to auto-generate a unique ID in the Item table when a new item is created. How can I do this with MSDE SQL Server? By using SQL triggers or setting the Item ID field as auto-generate? However, if I change the Item ID field will those changes be blown away when MSDE is upgraded? Thanks, Poppy item table already has an identity field (Item.ID) that is auto generated and unique, so what is the problem u have? "Poppy" <Poppy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E741C01B-5341-4A3E-A16E-048533EB4951@microsoft.com... >I want to auto-generate a unique ID ...

Clear Unused Column Filter List Values in Pivot Table
Hello Everyone, I have a Pivot table that is dynamically linked to data, over time, the filter data on the columns will become obsolete. My question is how do I clear the invalid values? PivotTable("tableName").PivotCache.Refresh() doesn't seem to do it. TIA See below link. http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html Regards, Shailesh Shah http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/ If You Can't Excel with Talent, Triumph with Effort. http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/menuaddins (Free addins old\classic Office Menu-2003 for Office-2007) "AMDRIT" &l...

How do I make individ. business cards? (Wedding table placecards)
Want to make my own placecards to set on tables at our wedding but not sure how to keep everything the same, only change the name on the card and have it print like that...help! Mail merge. What version Publisher are you using? Mail and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "billie317718" <billie317718@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8FF32C6-4AA4-4DBF-9A37-B726297807E9@microsoft.com... > Want to make my own p...