Pivot Table help #4

I have a list of data with the following columns (Location, Item #, Late,
Late if not rec'd today, Late if not shipped today).  The last three have an
"x" to indicate status and there are several blanks.  I created a pivot table
that had Location in the Page field and Count if Late, Count if Late if not
rec'd today, Count if not shipped today in the data field.  My pivot table is
accurate but when I double click on a total for say Late, I get a full list
of all items for that location, not just the late.  I tried putting location
in the Row field but got the same result.  I want the user to be able to
double click on the Late total and get a new spreadsheet with only those
marked with an x in the late column.

When I move things around I end up getting a pivot table with a bunch of
cells with the word (Blank) in them and sometimes the data is not correct.
Can someone help me set this up properly?  This is my first pivot table.
0
xgirl (16)

Put Location in the row area
Put all three Late fields in the Column area
Put Item # in the data area, as count of item
Then, double-click on a number in the data area, or in the total, to see
the detail for that number

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
7/22/2005 9:19:57 PM
Thank you Debra.  Now when I double click I do get the correct list.  But ...
The pivot table is now very unclear.  There are a lot of cells with the word
(Blank) and with an "x" and the totals don't look like they are associated
with the late fields.  Anyway to change that?
0
xgirl (16)
7/22/2005 10:34:01 PM
You'd get a better result in the pivot table if your source data had
columns for Location, Item, and Status. In the Status column, enter one
of the Late status options, or leave it blank.

Then, create a pivot table with Location in the Row area, Status in the
column area, and Item count in the data area.

xgirl wrote:
> Thank you Debra.  Now when I double click I do get the correct list.  But ...
> The pivot table is now very unclear.  There are a lot of cells with the word
> (Blank) and with an "x" and the totals don't look like they are associated
> with the late fields.  Anyway to change that?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)
7/22/2005 11:11:30 PM
Many thanks, that worked perfectly.
0
xgirl (16)
7/22/2005 11:50:02 PM
You're welcome. I'm glad it helped.

xgirl wrote:
> Many thanks, that worked perfectly.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)

View pointer in static function Help!!!
Help please , i need to implement a static function in CView derived class that must return to CDoc derived class the active view pointer...how can i do? i tried something similar CSdicap10View* CSdicap10View::GetView() { CSdicap10View* pView = GetActiveView(); return pView; } it return error GetActiveView undeclared identifier or also CSdicap10View* CSdicap10View::GetView() { return this; } but it return static member functions don't have this pointer and also CSdicap10View* CSdicap10View::GetView() { CFrameWnd * pFrame = (CFrameWnd *)(AfxGetApp()->m_pMa...

SQL Table
Hello, In Receivables Management, Customer Maintenance, there is a popup for the internet address for each customer's Address ID. In that popup is a field for the Email Address which is contained inside the Internet Information box. Can some please tell me where this email address is stored in the SQL database? Thanks. -- Bob Try SY01200 Hope this helps, rc. "Bob B" wrote: > Hello, > > In Receivables Management, Customer Maintenance, there is a popup for the > internet address for each customer's Address ID. In that popup is a field for > the Email...

Outlook 2000 won't start #4
All of a sudden my Outlook will not start up. The main window appears and then disappears after about 30 seconds with no error message. Scanpst found no problems. Virus protection is on (or it should have been) if my 4-year old didn't turn it off somehow. I tried re-installing Outlook but it didn't help. Funny thing I found was that my outlook.pst file is now in blue text rather than black. There's also a file called extend in the same folder in blue text as well. Also, the Outllook folder which houses the outlookpst file is in blue text and all the other folders are ...

Help! How I can create...
I need to create a toolbar (if it is) such as the workspace window in VC++ with a CTreeCtrl within... How I can proceed? Thank you! On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:03:19 +0100, Gaetano Sferra <rebusmail@iol.it> wrote: > I need to create a toolbar (if it is) such as the workspace window in > VC++ > with a CTreeCtrl within... > How I can proceed? > > Thank you! > > Hi, Check out www.codeproject.com It has all the answers and more. Paul. > Check out www.codeproject.com It has all the answers and more. Hi Paul, please be more specific... I've already se...

Help
I have a calender item that I deleted. Now whenever I open Outlook (I have Office 2003), I get a reminder that the item is past due. When I click "dismiss" I get a message: "Cannot turn off Reminder. You may be reminded again. Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid". How can I get rid of this, so I don't get reminded every time I start Outlook? Thanks for any help. Tom_0127 <tom_0127_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have a calender item that I deleted. Now whenever I open Outlook > (I have Office 2003), I get...

Pivot.sourcetable property incorrect?
I went to create a new pivot table in my workbook and a message came up advising me to use the same source as my existing table. I thought I *had* used the same source so before replying 'Yes', I thought I better check the source of my existing pivot table. The only way I could find to do that was VBA "msgbox activesheet.pivottables(1).sourcedata". To my surprise this showed as "ReportData!C1:C17" which I *know* is *wrong*. It should be something like 931 rows by 16 cols! Can anyone throw any light on this ie - Why would the sourcedata property not be ...

Subtotal in a pivot table
I have a question on calculating something in a pivot table. What I am trying to get is a % of the subtotal break in my table. I have a calculated field but cannot figure out how to get it to calc. the % off the shop total not the Total for the table. See the example below. For Shop 246-Database I want the Sum of % of shop total to be based off the Database DeliveryAmt (10575) / Shop 246 total DeliveryAmt (17317) = 61%, not the pivot table total (185852) = 5.7%. Retail should be Retail DeliveryAmt (6742) / Shop 246 total DeliveryAmt (17317) = 39%, not the pivot table total (185852)...

Outlook crashing #4
I have a user that is using Windows XP Professional with Office XP Professional. Whenever the user is attempting to access her SENT folder it crashes and shuts down Outlook. I've checked in the event viewer and the error is "Faulting application outlook.exe, version 10.0.6626.0. faulting module outllib.dll, version 10.0.6515.0, fault address 0x0003aadf" Event ID: 1000 Source: Microsoft Office 10 Type: Error Category: None I looked this error up on the Knowledgebase and it says that this is a known problem and the Office XP SP3 should fix this problem, I went ahead and i...

Message: Money Not properly installed, recs not working, help!
Just got this message yesterday when I opened MOney 2004 STandard version (never happened before) "money is not properly installed. plese set up again" I uninstalled and reinstalled money but still getting same error messages I tried the options of opening a existing Money file, will not open my existing data file I tried create a new file but it give me error message that it can't save I tried repairing "my money" file but ti will not let me repair, it gave me this message about possibly being a read only file it will not let me restore any back up file Help! I...

amortization Please help :(
I need to produce a loan amortization with the ability to input actual historic payments made or missed (need to add a late fee to missed or late payments) and I also need to vary the interest rate part way through the schedule. I have searched office templates and the only thing that comes close is a template which allows for extra payments (but they have to be same amount and date each month). I am a bit hopeless on the old excel as I have no idea what formulas I would need to even produce such a template. PLEASE HELP!! Can somebody direct me to a site that may offer free software...

I Want to help reduce SPAM!!!
I have a big problem with spam as I get email from what appears to be Microsoft or Microsoft Product suppliers. The email seemed legitimate. At the bottom of the email was an unsubscribe link which I chose to do and now I am receiving that very same email only it looks like I sent it to my self. Is there any way that I can help in stopping this sort of thing from happening? Is there any recourse? In my email address just take out the z's and you will have the right email address. Did you have an antivirus program installed, running, and up-to-date when you clicked the link? If no...

Print Question Newbie Please help
I am creating a spreadsheet that I need to print on 11x17 paper. My printer does not support 11x17 but I can send it to someone that does. How can I format my spreadsheet to use 11x17 so I can see all the cells etc. My guess is I need to install a print driver that supports 11x17 am I on the right track? If so can anyone suggest what I can use? Thanks Tom -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 0 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails...

help 09-20-07
I want to design a cascasding combo box. ive tried to design before, but met much difficulty. The design would allow one to choice a main category-->than a sub category--- > than an Abbreviation---> than a material matching that abbreviation. i have already made five different queries (materials based on the four main categories) and another with the materials linked to the abbreviation. from previous post, i am aware of needed to make more than one combo box. however, somehow all my queries are not linking to a final choice. any help is appreciated thanks la -- Message pos...

Need help
My company ask me to look for a freelance person who can translate CAD Files to VISIO file...please respond Go to controldrawings.com. I will try to assit you. "Jayne_from_Santa_Monica" wrote: > My company ask me to look for a freelance person who can translate CAD > Files to VISIO file...please respond > > ...

Invalid Argument Error when using 1/1/08 as a date
Hi all, Not sure if this is a known issue - can anyone else create a record that contains a date field with the value of 1/1/08 or 1/1/07, save it and then open it again without getting an "Invalid Argument" error. I am able to produce this error across different environments, different entities and different date fields. Would be interesting to hear more about this. Thanks Hi there, Just to let you know, I just created a task in CRM 4 and set the due date to 1/1/08 and it worked without any issues. This is a field displayed as a Date/Time box, on not just Date. I don...

Help authoring tool
Hi I know it is a bit ‘off topic’ but I couldn't find a board where it would be ‘on topic’ so here I am: Can anyone recommend a help authoring tool? We currently write in C++ using visual studio 2003 and MFC. This is for commercial use so cost is not so much a concern as ease of use and functionality. Thanks in Advance Peter Chapman Hi Peter, A help authoring tool. If by this, you mean a piece of software that will trundle through your source code and produce a help file at the end of the process? Well we use Autoduck. But there are others, I believe Doxygen is another very ...

Perserving secondary axis in pivot chart
I have a Pivot Chart with two series of data, one of which is plotted on the secondary y axis. Every time I refresh the chart, it defaults back and I lose my secondary axis. I then have to manually change this every time. Hi, This is a know issue. XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q215904 Cheers Andy David wrote: > I have a Pivot Chart with two series of data, one of which is plotted on the > secondary y axis. Every time I refresh the chart, it defaults back and I > lose my secondary axis. I then...

Best way to add a row to a table with calculations?
Suppose I have a worksheet like this: 1 2 Date Days 3 5/25/08 35 4 4/20/08 45 5 3/06/08 46 6 1/20/08 41 ... The value in the Date column is calculated (=A3-A4). I would like to add a row between rows 2 and 3 and have it acquire all of the properties of row 3. The best procedure I could come up with is: 1. Right click on row 3, select Insert. This inserts a row between 2 and 3, but it acquires the properties of row 2. 2. Select row 4 (old row 3) and press Ctrl-C (copy). 3. Select row 3 (new row) and press Ctrl-V (paste). This seems to work. Is there a better wa...

Money always forces 4 day lead time for electronic payments
My bank and I were trying to figure out why, when I order an online = payment for asap, it takes 4 (sometimes 5) business days to get paid, = but if I do it online at their website, it can be done the next business = day, or at most 2 days. Once I sync money by connecting to the bank = through money, it downloads the payment and has the right day on it. Question: Why does money not allow you to choose an earlier date for = epays (as opposed to check pays)? Any setting to change this behavior? = Thanks The bank actually determines that. If Money is using the bank's bill pay service, t...

Import MS Word 2003 Table to Excel
I have a word document that has many tables. I need to take each table and put them into one cell in excel if possible. I have several test documents that I was able to transfer the information from Word to Excel in a row per record. I need to keep the tables with their respective row(record). Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Pivot Table Query #5
Hello I use Pivot Tables a lot in my stats and although I can normally work with them quite well, theres a reoccuring issue that I can't seem to resolve. I have one particular workbook that has lots of different worksheets and one at the end, with a variety of pivot tables on it. At the end of each month, I update the data on the worksheets, then on each pivot table, I use the wizard option to attempt to go back and re-select the relevant updated data. Sometimes this is successful, but on other (random) occasions, it won't let me and gives me the message 'A PivotTable...

amortization tables
Looking for some macros or add-ins to assist with Amortization tables. Any help would be appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com > Looking for some macros or add-ins to assist with Amortization tables. One way to proceed is to start with an existing template. For example, you could open http://office.microsoft.com/templates/default.aspx and search the "Templates" section for "amort". shadestreet Here's one that may be useful to you http://www.dicks-blog.com/excel/2004/06/amortization_ta.html -- Dick Kusleika MVP - Excel Excel Blog ...

Error while installing language pack in MS CRM 4.0
Hello people, Downloaded and installed a couple of language packs succesfully in MS CRM 4.0. However, when I log into the CRM interface to actually activate the language pack I get an error when I try that. When I look at the application log in Windows, I can see the following error coming form the MSCRMWebService: MUI Provisioning failed. Error: Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.LocalizedLabel' with unique index 'ndx_LocalizedLabel_ForSingleSelect'. The statement has been terminated. Anyobdy a suggestion ? Many thanks in advance ! Regards, Mav. I have...

Help!!!
Hi all, I want to put zeros before a number (000009999) but when I click ente the zeros disappears. I changed the format to text then align right i is ok. But it is not a number yet. Cause of this I can't use thi method. Is there anyone who can tell me how I can solve this problem. Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi use the custom format 000000000 >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >I want to put zeros before a number (000009999) but when I click enter >the zeros disappears. I changed the format to text then align right it >...

Contact selection problem in CRM 4 Mail Merge
I can use mail merge option for all contacts on page (grid) without any problems, but if I select one contact or a small selection of contacts the merge resulting list has one entry but only data from the user entity, not from the contact entity...I have no contacts to merge. Merge also fails if I select a merge from an open contact form. I have selected contact attributes in the template. I have administrative rights. Any ideas? ...