Pivot Table Help #2

I have a sheet that I use to keep track daily of the value of inventory by
day, and grouped by week. The value of the inventory is tracked by three
different subgroups. (Below is an example). On my piviot table the values
are grouped by type and by week. So what I get is a five day average of each
Type by week, which is exactly what I want. My averages are as follows:

M     $796091.00
O      $615069.00
R     $3180669.00
===================
Grand Totals $1530609.00

The grand totals are where I need help. The grand total is an average of the
avaerages. Is it possible to display a sum of the averages?
Grand Totals $4591829.00

T.I.A.

Week    Day    Type     Value
7-26     7-26    M        792144.00
7-26    7-26    R        3203807.00
7-26    7-26    O        611552.00
7-26    7-27    M        802286.00
7-26    7-27    R        3186100.00
7-26    7-27    O        618364.00
7-26     7-28    M        800191.00
7-26     7-28    R        3185773.00
7-26    7-28     O        616607.00
7-26    7-29     M        789741.00
7-26     7-29    R        3146994.00
7-26     7-29     O        613751.00

0
sdpan (3)

You could total the averages outside of the pivot table, but you can't
change the grand total within the pivot table.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Help with SQL (Access2007)
Hello. I am trying to integrate data from several sites into 1 (new) table. In order to distinguish the data from each site in the new table I have a field (InstID) which holds the Instution number of the site. The fields from the old site tables and the new table are identical except for the InstID. InstID and ClientID are Primary Keys. The path to the old table is asked, then the number for the InstID is asked and placed as a variable - varInstID. I have an append sql as follows: Private Sub UpdateDB_Click() ' populate the clients table strSql = "INSERT INTO tblClients ( In...

forecast function help
This might seem a bit newbie but im having trouble with the forecas function. Say for example i have a collection of data for sales of each item ove a number of years: item 2000 2001 2002 2003 1 3 4 5 2 4 3 2 3 2 2 4 4 3 1 5 5 4 1 6 6 2 2 4 i am asked to forcast the values for the year 2003. I have read an looked at many examples on how to do this and still can't work ou where to start? Any help would ...

How can I insert a cell reference in a footer (eg for variable foo #2
Any ideas on how to do this? I'm trying to create a template with the doc reference number in the footer However, I'm trying to avoid users having to edit the footer (because this just wont get done). Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftFooter = .Range("A1").Text End With End Sub This code should go in the ThisWorkbook code module. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "wngg001" <wngg001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A0F9D9E-269F-45CF-A6E3...

Test Mail...Please Ignore #2
Testing NNTP Client, Please ignore message Thanks ...

the criteria pane and table panes have disappered.
In my excel file I can't see the criteria and table panes and the functions will not reappear. ...

Need help with Excel Form & ComboBox Tutorial
At http://www.excel-vba.com/v-forms-controls.htm I have followed instructions... my code on the form is below but it won't run... I've marked the error... Can anybody give me any help with this? thanks Code is below-------------- Private Sub cmdBtnSubmit_Click() shReport.Range("C4").Value = cbxCity.Value cbxCity.Value = "Select a City" frmCity.Hide End Sub Private Sub cmdCityCancel_Click() cbxCity.Value = "Select a City" frmCity.Hide End Sub Private Sub UserForm_Activate() shParameterst.Activate '<-----Run Time Error 424 - Object Required...

Merging tables
Hello, I do not have deep knowledge of Excel. That is why my proble might appear a bit strange: I have two tables, list1 and list2. In both tables there is a colum with unique ID numbers. The rest of the columns contains differen information in both tables. Example: list1 ----- ID name email 101 bob bob@none.com 102 rita rita@none.com ... 999 jim jim@none.com list2 ----- ID salary 102 2000 103 2500 ... 204 2100 What I would like to get as a result is a combined table, with selecte columns from both tables in it. I.e.: list3 ----- ID name salary 101 bob - 102 rita 2500 ... Anyone who can ...

Heading rows repeat in word embedded excel table
I have embedded an excel table in word and I want to make the top row o the table appear on every page if the table spreads on to more pages. know how to do it in word, you use: Table>Heading Rows Repeat, but th tables column is missing when I selected the embedded table, what can do -- Turnipbo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Turnipboy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2452 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38151 ...

Customer Address Help
Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew of a way to run a customer report that invluced the customers address, city, state, and zip in it. I am not very familiar with crystal reports, so if there is another way that would be awesome. Thanks, -Bill H On CustomerSource there is a section called the "Report Library"- I think it's under downloads. In the RMS Report Library MS has provided several new or modified reports, including one with customer address. On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 08:40:10 -0700, Bill H <bill@platinumpools.com> wrote: > Hi, I was wondering if anybody k...

Macro Help/Duplicate Items + Insert Rows + Sum
I am trying to create a template that will do the following: 1. Find Duplicate Entries (AlphaNumeric) In A Column 2. Insert 2 Rows Between The Duplicate Entries Then: 1. Sub-Total(Another Column With Random Numbers) Of The Duplicate Entries 2. Format the Sub-Total In Bold I have gotten to the point of writting a macro that will identify the duplicate entries; does anybody know how to do the rest? This is a changing set of data, transferred to excel from a relational database (Lotus123 Rel2, which contains anywhere between 3000 to 5000 rows. I cannot spend time grouping the data ...

Drop down menu #2
Is is possible when you have a drop down menu, to have excel short list the menu as you type in more charcaters of the text. For example a have a list of several hundred customers. I start inputting the first few letters of the customers name, I would like that list of several hundred to be shortened to only include thaise customers that begin with the letters I have typed in. Thanks Think this previous post by Debra Dalgleish would be of help: "Although data validation doesn't support autocomplete, there's a sample file here that provides a combobox from which you can se...

Help with graph / chart
I have a graph for weeks 1-52, I have split this into 4 seperate graphs each showing a quarter (13 weeks) I cant remember exactly how I created them but possibly using some sort of copy paste as each chart show weeks 1 - 13 along the bottom. This should read......... for chart 1 1-13 for chart 2 14 - 26 chart 3 27 - 40 chart 4 41 - 52 How do I change this on each chart to read the week numbers indicated.? thanks Hi, You need to define the Category labels for the chart. Chart 1 is fine as it defaults to the values 1 to 13. For the other 3 charts you will need to create...

Associated external Account #2
Dear all, Just got some of our exch2k users migrated to another org exch2k3. Found that associated external account rights which never seen before in 2k. Wish to know the purpose of this account and when is the best time to use it. Please help and thousand thanks. regards Granting Access to External Accounts http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/8c4befe3-3815-4b6b-a759-1e5a2878499d.mspx -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Elton Seng Yan Thung" <sengy01@pd.jaring.my> wrote in message news:enFBAvpwFHA...

virus scanning #2
I really get prompted for "requesting virus scan", and I don't know ho to disable it; the warning is located beside ready, in Excel bar -- Gerbati ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gerbatin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1523 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27651 What antivirus software do you use? I think/hope the solution will involve a setting that you can toggle in that program. (maybe you missed an option???) The antivirus program doesn't have t...

Pivot Table fields #2
Is there a way to format multiple pivot table fields at one time and have them refresh that way, rather than having to select each column and choose the format options? Thanks CLou: I think the solution for you is to open the Pivot Table Toolbar and select the Field Settings icon. This sets the format for all results for that particular field. One limitation that I haven't found a way around is getting a preferred column size to "stick" and not reset after a table refresh. Bruce >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to format multiple pivot table fields at ...

2 questions about Exchange Server 2000
1. How, or where, do I find out where Service Pack level I have installed? I see that I downloaded SP3, but I can't tell if it was ever installed. 2. Clients have Outlook 2000. Inbox is open. Last message is selected. No new mail. Then, if you click on a different message, you get the "new mail has arrived..." message. It seems to only deliver new mail when you change messages. Any thoughts? 1. In Exchange System Manager, highlight the Servers container. It should show you all servers in the right pane along with their service pack level. 2. Sounds like something is b...

Turn data #2
Is there a way to turn the data in an Excel spreadsheet so that what is on the top is now on the side and what is on the side is now on top? I need to export my spreadsheet into Access but, I can't get it to format correctly in its current orientation. ~Make a backup copy of your data to work from (just in case, so you don't lose data) ~Highlight the entire range of data; click >Edit >Copy ~Choose a new location, on a different sheet perhaps; click >Edit >Paste Special and select the Transpose box; click OK Does that do it for you? thank you so much. You are a genius...

Only 1 taskbar button when i open 2 excel documents
Hi all. When i open 2 excel documents i have only 1 taskbar button on the taskbar even though i did not choose the option to group similar taskbar buttons under taskbar properties. Hence when i want to switch between the 2 documents i need to go to window and select them. Hence how do i solve this so that i can have 2 taskbar buttons of the excel documents on the taskbar? Thks in advance. Tools>Options>View, check Windows In taskbar -- HTH Bob Phillips "inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F715432-2EB2-47AC-B737-56D63F37537A@mi...

Business Cards #2
I am trying to create business cards using Microsoft Publisher 2002 on XP. Where would I find the template for Avery 8397, or for any of the Avery business card products. In page setup, select business cards, click Change copies per sheet and adjust the margins to fit your template. Avery has blank templates for downloading, choose Cards, there will be a list to select from. Your number was not among them but generally business cards are pretty much alike. http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=software.BlankTPLHierarchy&catalogcode=WEB01&node=0 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.mi...

unable to load help topic
Using Money 2004 deluxe. Asking for help I get "unable to load topic" try again. No help, same responce. I went to MS Knowledge base article 812755. Which says 'clear the cache' Which I did. No help, still 'unable to load topic' Tried asking a 'Microsoft pro', could not get a screen to ask my question. Any suggestions? I cleared both MS IE and my default browser, and tried again, still no help. Seems like I should be able to get 'HELP' I even reloaded the Money program, still no HELP. Thanks for any 'HELP" Walt In microsoft.public.money...

Pivot Table Refresh Problems
Hi All: Hoping that someone can help. I am trying to refresh a pivot table using the following code which was inserted on the Daily Production Output Sheet(both sheets in the same workbook). I am using Excel 2003 Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() 'If data on this worksheet changes, refresh the pivot table Sheets("Daily Production Output").PivotTables("PivotTable3").RefreshTable End Sub The Calculation has been set to Automatic. However when I try to run the above code I am getting the following error" Run Time error 1044, Application defined or Object defin...

Can not create Matrix Item please Help RMS 2.0
RMS 2.0 Can not create Matrix Item please Help When trying to create any new items I receive error message This is the message (-2147217864) Row Cannot be located for updating. Some values may have been change since it was last read. Manger still creates standard items but still receives message with out this number in message -2147217864 ...

pivot tables #19
I want to create a pivot table where I just have to enter the data in once where it will post to a general ledger, income/expense statement, profit & loss report and individual vendor accounts. Can this be done? -- tiki Hi tikitai, Look at my Excel Database Tutorial at http://edferrero.m6.net/DataTutor1.html You should be able to work it out form there. Ed Ferrero > I want to create a pivot table where I just have to enter the data in once where it will post to a general ledger, income/expense statement, profit & loss report and individual vendor accounts. Can this be done? &...

Copy chart with reference table
I have a pie chart neatly tied to a data table alongside. Now I want to copy both the chart and table to a different area of the sheet so I can modify the new data table and have 2 different charts. My issue is that the chart will only allow absolute references, so when I copy both the chart and table together the new chart still is tied to the old table - so I have to go and change the source data ranges one by one. Any way that I can do this easily? Copy the whole sheet. The copied chart links to the data on the copied sheet. Now cut the range that includes the copied char...

Massive Report: Have you ever done this? Help Please
Hi, I am compiling the results of a survey in ACC2003 as a paper appendix. I have about 60 report objects which are about 2 to 4 pages of text each. I have about 60 Pivot Charts and tables as separate form objects. I want to have one report which has the charts and tables and text in it since this would be easy to layout and the page numbering would flow right through. Is this the correct way to do it? I have made a start and the first few pages are fine with charts and tables. However, Access seems to have space restrictions on the height of a report group? When I increase the ...