Pivot table Format Style Sheet Capability

I have been using Excel pivot tables for a number of years.  It is a great
capability.  One feature that I would really like to see is the ability to
modify the Auto Format style sheets.  For example it would be nice to change
the color scheme or the font used on one of the Auto Format options and then
be able to save that change as an option you could select.  I am a power user
and would be happy to test this capability if developed.
0
Shafer (3)

One other thought.  It would be really neat if you could have conditional
formatting within the pivot table.  For example show the sales forecast for
the East Coast in blue font and the sales forecast for the west coast in a
green font, where the East Coast and West Coast were two different dimensions
in the pivot table.

"Dave Shafer" wrote:

> I have been using Excel pivot tables for a number of years.  It is a great
> capability.  One feature that I would really like to see is the ability to
> modify the Auto Format style sheets.  For example it would be nice to change
> the color scheme or the font used on one of the Auto Format options and then
> be able to save that change as an option you could select.  I am a power user
> and would be happy to test this capability if developed.

Date Formatting when Concantenating

Help with conditional formatting with 2000
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to group data together into increments of 10% of th numbers and then chart them based on these groups. For example, I hav 300 data points that vary from 20 to 500 in value. I want them t appear in a chart based on the number of values that fall in the lowes 10% of numbers (ie. 20-40) then the next 10% (ie. 40-60) etc. up to th top 10% of numbers, but I do not want to manually determine what thes ranges are. I want to see a distribution of how many numbers fal within each 10% of values. I am not sure if this makes sense, please let me know...

Creating a table
There's probably an easier way to do it but... I have a series of numbers in column A (150 in all) and a series of letters in column B (22 in all). In total there are 4800 rows. What I am trying to do is create a table with the number down the left hand side and the letters across the top. In each cell within the table I need to count how many times the combination of number/letter appears. Eg: A B C 201 0 2 2 202 3 0 1 203 3 6 4 I tried combining the number/letter into a single text field using the CONCATENATE function then filtering ...

1 Chart

Report Format

Update one table from another

Finding all queries which use a table

Conferting File format
One of my users stored 250 photos on CD in a pdf format. The person that will work with them wants them in a raw format. Is there any way to convert the entire disk at one time to a raw format, rather than opening each file and saving in the new format? Thank you. vsp deborah <vspdeborah@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > One of my users stored 250 photos on CD in a pdf format. The person > that will work with them wants them in a raw format. Is there any way > to convert the entire disk at one time to a raw format, rather than > opening each f...

Too many different cell formats #6

date/time formatting

format cell #4

Same Table cannot be the child table in two nexted relations...
I've been setting up a schema with the XML Designer in VS .NET 2003. The designer lets me set up a lot of things including a complex type that contains an unnamed complex type called modified. When I try to preview the dataset, I get an error described as "The same table (modified) cannot be the child table in two nested relations. I've run into this before with a different complex type, and I've changed the name of the instance of the type in the various elements it's used, and the problem goes away. In this case, problem is an unnamed complex type, so it only a...

Pivot tables and Macros
I was looking to be able to manipulate (ie change selections from the drop downs, not change the fields in the table or anything)and print from a pivot table using a macro. So how do I go about doing that? When I set up a macro by recording the actions that I want to do, I always get an error message when I try to run it as a macro. What specific steps are you recording, and what error message do you get? Can you click the Debug button, and see the line of code that is causing the problem? Dust For Eyes wrote: > I was looking to be able to manipulate (ie change selections from the >...

unicode format files for Outlook 2002
I use Outlook 2002. I would like to use Unicode files (for larger size). I see references to using it with Outlook 2003, but none for 2002. can unicode files be used with Outlook 2002? If so, how? thanks, Huck No OL 2003 & 2007 only "Huck Rorick" <huckrorick@groundwork.org> wrote in message news:epYUYAl4IHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I use Outlook 2002. I would like to use Unicode files (for larger size). >I see references to using it with Outlook 2003, but none for 2002. can >unicode files be used with Outlook 2002? If so, how? > > than...

Does anyone have a format or template for a Education Cover Letter
Does anyone have a format or template for a Education Cover Letter? To Whom It May Concern: Enclosed please find an education. Sincerely, eb -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "eb" <eb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CEF7B84-6F7A-4D07-97B3-F349F3B11E54@microsoft.com... > Does anyone have a format or template for a Education Cover Letter? > "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message news:O3aNFsq2KHA.5212@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.g...

time formats #3
I have an Excel sheet with a long list of times spent on various projects. The times should all be in minutes and seconds. The first time reads 2:29 and I know that is accurate, for 2 min, 29 seconds. In the formula bar, it reads, 2:29:00 AM. Another...the cell displays 0:40 and I know that is right, for 40 seconds. But in the formula bar, I see 12:40:00 AM I want numbers, but apparently I am looking at times. I tried changing the format. When I check the format for 2:29, it comes up Custom and says it is hh:mm, not mm:ss. I tried changing it to mm:ss, but that changes the displa...

Conditional Formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen
Is it possible to do conditional formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen? Thanks, Greg 1. Place the cursor in A1 cell and select the Range 2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting> 3. For Condition1>Select 'Formula Is' and paste the below formula =LEFT(A1,1)="-" 4. Click Format Button>Font>Color select your desired font & Background Color pattern and then give ok Change the cell reference of A1 to your desired cell, if required. But keep in mind that when applying the conditional formatting the Active cell should be in the ce...

an attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format
Hello, This is the error I get on Windows 7. I tried going to the project screen in vb.net Studio 2008, and changing the target cpu to x64. This did not work. Do I have to build the program on Windows 7? I'm sure this must be a common problem for programs going to Windows 7. Thanks for any help. Scott On May 22, 2:17=A0am, "Scott Baxter" <sc...@websearchstore.com> wrote: > Hello, > > This is the error I get on Windows 7. > > I tried going to the project screen in vb.net Studio 2008, and changing t= he > target cpu to x64....

Pivot Table in Excel
hi, I have a problem using the pivot Table in excel 2000. Earlier the location of the pivot table in excel was pointing to say c:\sales.mdb. Now the location has changed to D:\Sales.mdb. someone please tell me the place to change in the excel to reflect the same. So that upon refreshing the document i can see the latest data. Currently i am getting a error message when i try to refresh, but its not prompting to change to alternative location. If i edit the excel file in a notepad...i can see the location pointing to c:\sales.mdb. Thanks in advance for any help regarding this..expect...