Pivot Table Fields

I added a couple of columns to an Excel 2007 spreadsheet.  When I went to
generate a pivot table, all but one of the fields that I added do not show in
the field list.  I've refreshed the table, got out Excel & tried again all
with no luck.  Anybody have any suggestions as to why all the fields are not
showing?

You'll have to change the source data range to include all the new columns.

Select a cell in the pivot table
On the Ribbon, click the Options tab
Click Change Data Source, and click Change Data Source
Change the Table/Range reference to include all the new columns.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

0
Debra

Finding all queries that use a particular table
Hi--I have a table that is used in hundreds of queries in my database. When I run documenter for the table, I don't see these relationships. How can I identify where this table is used in multiple queries? Thanks If you are running A2003, you can right click on the table and choose the Object Dependencies item. This feature needs to turn on the Name Auto Correct feature to work but you can turn off Name Auto Correct again when you are done. "mbh" <mbh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4835FF6-80C8-46A7-B45E-BC3FC4F7A5E1@microsoft.com... > Hi-...

no "recurring pattern" field for tasks in field chooser
I am trying to customize the current view of tasks in Outlook 2000. The field "recurring pattern" is not in the list of fields for tasks in the field chooser. This is a valid field for tasks, and I want a custom report that shows the freqency of recurrance. Can anyone help? RecurrencePattern is a complex field that is a binary. All the recurrence information is kept in this binary blob with various bits having different meanings depending on whether a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly recurrence pattern is set in the blob. There's no possible way that could be displayed in ...

How do I Use the Hyperlink Function to link to a Pivot Chart Tab?
I'm a longer time reader, first time poster. I am creating a "table o contents" worksheet with hyperlinks to various other worksheets in m workbook. The problem is I am unable figure out how to hyperlink to PivotChart. It is a Pivot Chart on it's own tab... not embedded i another worksheet (if that makes sense). While I could change the location of the PivotChart to a differen worksheet, I would prefer to simply link directly to it. Any ideas o how to get the hyperlink function to link to that PivotChart? Thanks for any input. : -- zenchaoti --------------------------...

'Native code' showing in field that javascript fills out
I have added some javascript to write a value, when the onSave event is fired on a form, to a new field I have added . The result I get is a bit weird. The script I run is as follows. Please excuse me if this is not great syntax. I am new to javascript but this script does produce the result I am looking for in javascript editor. (crmForm.all.nf_nflowid.DataValue===null) { var dt = new Date() var d = dt.getDay() var m = dt.getMonth +1 var y = dt.getYear var h = dt.getHours var n = dt.getMinutes var s = dt.getSeconds var str1 = "nfq-" var str2 = "-...

tabs inside table?
In Publisher 2003, is it possible to define tabs within a table cell? I thought that *somewhere* I had seen a place to determine what key would take you to the next table cell, so I had surmised that it was possible to define tabs in a table cell. I googled this group (did you feel that?!) and found that question - the suggestion was to create a text box in the table cell. I created a 3 x 3 table, clicked on one of the cells and then Insert/Text Box. But then I am only creating a text box *on top of* the table cell. If the table is resized or moved the box is hanging out there. Am I m...

Retrieve data from a new table
Can i create a new table, fill this with records, retrieve the information with a query and finally fill a field in a form with this information?. Thanks in CRM 3.0 you need to look at creating new entities ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Enrique Bravo" <EnriqueBravo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC16573A-122A-4679-A6F0-3EAEEDD72FAB@microsoft.com... > Can i create a new table, fill this with records, retrieve the information > with a query and finally fill a field in a form wi...

return records based on max value joined on another table 03-12-10
Hi , First, thanks Sloan and others who helped on another post on this issue. Not returning everything? --test data DECLARE @TABLE1 TABLE([STATE] CHAR(2),ZONE INT ,CHARGE DECIMAL(15,2) ) INSERT INTO @TABLE1 ([STATE],ZONE,CHARGE) VALUES ('FL','1','23.56'),('FL','2','45.65'),('FL','3','52.20'),('FL','4','6.87'),('FL','5','63.55'), ('FL','6','73.89'),('FL','7','33.87'),('FL','8','19.15')...

Modify Address Book/GAL Fields/Tabs
I have an Exchange 2003 environment (SP2 is applied). We use Cisco VoIP for voice communications, and have added everyone's extensions to the ipPhone field in ADUC. By default, the address book does not show the ipPhone field. Is there a way to map the ipPhone attribute to a field which does show in the address book (perhaps Business 2) or to add a tab to the address book with ipPhone information? Thanks in advance, David J. Baranski Network Administrator Electrical Equipment Company ...

Access, how to base a query field criteria in a macro
I have a form based on a query 'maindata' . I have based the criteria in the query as one field from form [switchboard]![hawk] or the same field from a different form [switchboard_dept]![hawk]. If the first criteria is false (i used the switchboard_dept form) it asks for the first criteria, is it possible to step through this without the user seeing this? or is it possible to put the criteria in macro's? ...

Save Import Mapping Fields
Is there a way to save import mapping information? Once we move to production and migrate all of our data from ACT to CRM 3.0, we will have weekly lea information that needs to be imported. Is there a way that I can save my lead import mappings so I don't have to create it new every week? Unfortunately not through the Bulk Import wizard. Couple of options ... 1) create your own import routine in .Net against the CRM web service (this works great, gives you complete flexibility, but requires a little .Net coding), and what I'd personally recommend. 2) Use the DMF (Data Migrati...

Accessing pivot table's data
I have a pivot table that is linked to data returned by MS Query. I'd like to highlight cells in the data body of the pivot table, based on the values of other fields returned by the query. How do I accomplish this? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Pivot Table Question #10
I have all the data I want in a pivot table in an Excel Spreadsheet. I've got the columns and rows all set, but I'm having a problem with the data. Instead of displaying the data I want to see, it's counting it. Is there anyway to just display the data? This is the first time I'm trying to use a pivot table. Right click on the values you are seeing, click on field settings and then choose SUM on the left as opposed to COUNT. This usually happens when you have blanks in your data, so if you select all your source data beforehand, do Edit / Go To / Special / Blanks, ...

Need to change date in field to whatever I want
I have a database for my research. I need to change the date, so that I do not have any restraints on my admissions. I have checked the data field for date of admission and it looks exactly the same in the data field, but for some reason, the date will not allow me to move forward with 2010. I am not sure what to do. Can you please help. This seems to be the only field that does not change to what I need it to change to. I currently am able to use the date for 2010. in other date fields except for one field. Please any suggestions. I am very new in setting or using access. ...

Blank Screen Displays instead of View/Table
We installed Project Professional (2003) on a laptop. When we go into Project on that laptop, we are able to see only the tool bars & menus. I believe the problem is somehow related to the tables. When I go into the View Menu, and select More Tables, the expanded Tables menu is greyed out and contains only "No tables available" and "More Tables". Has anyone seen this b4? How did you correct it? Thanks, Hi Jim, Have you activated the installation? Any error messages? Are you connected to a project server? Julie Project MVP Visit http...

Separate Text from Record Field
I have a text field that has multiple pieces of data that I need to separate. For example 1,2,3 is inside one field. Does anyone know of a way to separate this field into three separate records by using the comma or some other method???? Thanks for your help in advance, Rob On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 09:48:04 -0700, RobSol wrote: > I have a text field that has multiple pieces of data that I need to separate. > For example 1,2,3 is inside one field. Does anyone know of a way to separate > this field into three separate records by using the comma or some other > method???? > >...

Pivot Table
Hi all, a double click on a "data" pivot item creates a new sheet containing all the related rows. Instead of this I need to have the VBA code able to obtain the same result in an array (without the creation of the new sheet). The pivot table is connected to an external source (Oracle db). Many thanks in advance. Kind regards, Rodolfo ...

pivot table in excel 2000
Is there any way that I can create a hyperlink inside a pivot table? Thank you kindl -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't think so. I tried creating a pivottable and selected a cell, then Insert from the menubar. Insert|Hyperlink was disabled. "shiepowk <" wrote: > > Is there any way that I can create a hyperlink inside a pivot table? > > Thank you kindly > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com A pivot table doesn't support hyperlinks. You could use the SelectionChange ...

Excel can't read Access table
I'm using Excel/Access 2003 and I can't get Excel to read an Access table using Get External Data. I've done it many times before but I can't read this particular Access MDB. I have user group security enabled on the MDB but i setup my ODBC connection with user ID and password. I am able to get to the "Query Wizard - Choose Columns" screen and I can see the table but I can't read the column or data. Any suggestions? Thanks. Anyone? louishong@lycos.com wrote: > I'm using Excel/Access 2003 and I can't get Excel to read an Access > table using G...

Report combining data from 3 tables with a crosstab?
Ok, so, I'm self-taught in Access so sometimes efficient design withmore complex databases evades me. I've spent a while searching thegroups and trying to apply different situations to this one, but Istill haven't found a solution. I did previously ask a questionregarding the first two tables, but of course once I was able to applya solution to that, the person I'm doing this for wants something morecomplex. I tried to build on what I did, but all my attempts havegiven unexpected results. I'm missing something.Anyway, I have 3 tables (from a database I did not create):t...

Offline Terminal DataBase + Custom Table #2
Hello, I use the terminal database offline withe my POS (rms 1.3R). I create my database with Pos administrator, specifie the server for offline database. When I generate Z report , the database synchronize items and customers. But my problem is : I have a custom Table with Price connected to the Item's table, and this table doesn't synchronize with the offline database. Is it a solution to my problem ? or a tips ? Thanks Sorry for my english. Math HI Math, Off course MS not take care what you have added or deleted your own as this custom table is your own creation so ther...

Error Opening Exported Excel Pivot Table
We are having problems with Excel Pivot Tables in Dynamics CRM 4.0. In Activities if we choose the view "All Activites" and Export to Excel it opens fine. In Activities if we use any of our Custom Views and Export to Excel, we get an error. In Activities, if I do an Advanced Find with the same criteria as our Custom Views and Export to Excel, it opens fine. The error we get is titled "Problems During Load". It states: Problems came up in the following areas during load: Pivot Table This file cannot be opened because of errors. Errors are listed in c:\document and ...

Formatting a Date field into a form?????
I just know this is going to be easy. using the code below to place 2 dates into specific cells on a sheet the generates my autofilter to run a query between these dates, this bit works fine, apart from the date entry, i would like the date to show as "dd mm yy" but when i enter it into the form it appears as "mm dd yy" i know that it will be a case of adding the 'Format' to the code within the form but am having trouble exactly where to place it. Any help please Steve Private Sub cmdAdd_Click() Dim iRow As Long Dim ws As Worksheet Set ws = Worksheets("Da...

Check if field is empty (what code to use)
In a form's BeforeUpdate I check if certain fields are empty, and if that's the case I cancel the BeforeUpdate. I always use this kind of code for that: If IsNull([Surname] or Surname = "" then However, I noticed that others use other ways for checking this: If Len(Nz([Surname],"")) = 0 Then If Len(Trim([Surname] & "")) = 0 then If RTrim([Surname].Text) = Nothing Then If Nz([SurName],"") = "" Then I'm wondering what I can use best in this case. Also I'm wondering, why do you have to check for a ""...

Macro to copy linked table and paste as local table
Hi, Can anyone help me please? i've got a table in my database that is linked to an external source through an ODBC connection. how do i create a macro to copy this table and paste as a local one. i've managed to work out how to create a macro to copy the table but it just leaves it as a linked table. 1. Create a query that uses this table. You can use the wildcard so it shows all fields. 2. In query design view, switch this to a Make Table query. (Make Table on Query menu.) 3. Save the query. 4. Use the OpenQuery action in your macro to run the query. -- Allen Browne - M...

field data disappears
This is really strange, and I'm sure there is a simple answer. I have a field on a form that is a calculation of fields on 2 subforms. When the condition of invoice_ID is not null, data is properly displayed in the txt_balance_due field,but when the invoice_ID *is* null, the data is displayed for a split second, and then the field is blank. I have no code in the form, or any of its subforms, that refreshes or changes the data. I can't figure it out. The controlsource of txt_balance_due is: =IIf(IsNull([txt_invoice_ID]),[frm_sub_bidder_invoices].[Form]![balance_fwd]+[subform_...