Pivot Table Field Name

I created a Pivot Table. And I want to do the same report every month. The database fro each motn has the same structure (same number of columns, same headers), but the number of records (the rows are different everyone. I set up a very big range to create the Pivot Table (A1:H1000) although my first month database only has 400 columns. Then in the 2nd month, after I update the database (it has more or less rows than the 1st month), I tried to refresh the data in the Pivot Table. However, it is said:"The PivotTable field name is not valid. To crate a PivotTable, you must use data that is organized as a list with labeled columns. If you are changing the name of a PivotTable field, you must type a new name for the field."
Could you tell me how could I fix this problem? Thanks
0
plumstone (35)

You can base the pivot table on a dynamic range, which will
automatically change size as your data changes. There are instructions here:

Then, when you refresh the pivottable, the current data range will be
used as the source.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Identical Name on multiple workbook pages
As a hardened Excel/VBA nut, I'm probably going to be really embarrased when I get the answer to this, but here goes... I have a workbook containing a worksheet that records weekly data. I have a named range ("Data") which I select then clear, via GoTo. Each week, I copy the latest week's worksheet and create a new worksheet for the new week. And each week, I select the range "Data" and clear it in the most recently created worksheet. the thing is, I always thought that Range names were unique across a workbook, and that you couldn't have the same Range N...

No content in message field anymore
For the last two days when I open my email client I see no content in the message field. Each email is blank with an attachment paperclip in the upper right hand corner. When I click the paperclip I have the choice of a txt file (which will not open up) or an htm file which will open. This is driving me crazy and I don't want to get rid of windows mail...any suggestions on how to fix this? Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. =20 Try running the various repair functions in the WMUtil program: http://www.oehelp.com/...

Calculated Field in form to table
Can you take a calculated field from a form and pull it in to a table?? ...

color according to name
If the name "Dave" appears in B3, I want C3-Z3 to have a blue background color. What's that formula? dzelnio Select C3:Z3 and Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula is: =$B3="Dave" Format to Blue. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 10:47:29 -0700, dzelnio <dzelnio@yahoo.com> wrote: >If the name "Dave" appears in B3, I want C3-Z3 to have a blue >background color. > >What's that formula? > >dzelnio Works great! Thanks Dave On Jul 5, 1:39 pm, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote: > Select C3:Z...

Automatically filling in "full name" field
I would like to add the "fullname" field to the Contact form. Is there someway to make this field automatically fill in with the information from "firstname" + "middlename" + "lastname" + "suffix"? If this can be automatically filled in, could the field later be manually changed? You will find that if you add the fullname field to the form, it will be greyed out, you can't type into it. It will be populated after you create a new contact and enter the first and last names and save the contact. And it will change if you change the f...

Field Options and Combo Lists?
Wondering if anyone knows how to make this work. I have two fields in a form, both Combo Boxes. I want the Value List in the first box to determine what the Value List in the second box will be. For example, if the first box is all State Names, if you select California, the second box provides all of the City names for that state. However, if you change the first box to Utah, the second box provides all the City names for Utah. In the afterupdate event of the states combobox write code to adjust the rowsource of the city combobox. Something like: Me.combo_STATE.RowSource = &quo...

PC-Charge user name.
How can I sync. Usernames "user1" at PC-Charge and register #1 at RMS. I can't charge the default user name "user1" at PC- Charge. Call verifone tech support and tell them you are setting up PC-Charge with RMS. They will issue you a complimentary additional user that you can call "1". You can find the number on the verifone web site.. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that al...

ok , i'm making name tags for an event....have to change the name
here is my problem....I am doing name crads.... so i have to change the name on each crad.....and i am lost as how to do that.....and then they all print out with the different names...Thank you... Fran You will have to build a data base and use mail merge. Help here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Fran Buettner" <Fran Buettner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B872C0E-4FDA-4899-80DA-95609AA63623@microsoft.com... > here is my problem....I am doing name crads.... so i h...

I need to auto insert names in outlook address bar
I have outlook. I would like to have the address inserted after I type a few letters. I know this features exists, but I cannot for the life of me figure this one out. Please help. thanx for any assistance. think peace, max This feature only exists in Outlook 2002 and higher. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza http://www.cardozasolutions.com "max" <max@dis...

Excluding Duplicates in One Field
Hi, I'm stuck. I have two fields, fName and fEmail. Many of the fEmail fields have duplicates because often people in the same house use the same e-mail address. I need to query the data so the result does not contain the duplicate e-mail addresses. For some reason, "unique values" still pulls up the duplicates. I know if I exclude one of the duplicate e-mail addresses, then I also end up exluding the name in the same record, but so long as the output has at least one of the names, along with every record for which there is a unique e-mail address...

Duplicate Names in List
Searched various sites listing "Duplicate" data but I just cannot piece it all together. Have a UserForm to get text - "CustName" - but prior to adding this to my customer list - range "Customers" - I want to search for that current customer. If it is found I want program to stop and return to range "CustList". I have completed the code for when there is not a duplication. How on a command button do you set the accelerator to be "Enter"? Thanks for all the assistance.... Kev You could use a worksheet function to check it, such as ...

Multi-field primary key, no dupes
I can select multiple fields and make a primary key indexed with no duplicates. But I just realized my criteria for "no dupes" holds only if another field is empty (no value). For example, if my primary key is: Shirts-Mens-Style102-Large-Green-05Jan08 then I can't enter another order for the same product on the same day. That's good - unless the order's been shipped and another one is needed. So no duplicates, but only as long as the ShipDate field for that record is empty. Can this be done easily? Or should I look into a different way to prevent duplicates? Ed ...

Change order of fields in a report to a custom arrangement
In a report, I want to list sections in a certain way that is not alphabetical or numerical. Is there a way to do this? Curerntly, it is alphabetical as below: **Staff Section** Chief of Staff Command Counsel G1 G2 G3 Public Affairs Special Staff ** I would like for the fields to be organized as below: ***Staff Section*** G1 G2 G3 Chief of Staff Command Counsel Special Staff Public Affairs Thanks! Glen Try going to Sorting and Grouping. It is one of your buttons on the command bar. You should be able to set it anyway you wish. -- Milton Purdy ACCES...

Checking which fields changed
Hi Is it possible to identify individual fields changed by a user during editing on a form before or immediately after the form is saved? Thanks Regards On May 9, 4:25 pm, "John" <J...@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: > Hi > > Is it possible to identify individual fields changed by a user during > editing on a form before or immediately after the form is saved? > > Thanks > > Regards I assume you mean what data was changed when you save the record? If so look at the OldValue property of your text boxes etc. Take a look at what Allen Browne has at ...

help with the syntax for using range name in a formula?
I have --------=3D+AVERAGE(SMALL(B7:B19,{1,2,3}))-------------. I want to replace B7:B19 with =93Myrange=94 but I can=92t seem to get the syntax right. excel says error in formula. Thks in advance for any help BRC Hi =AVERAGE(SMALL(Myrange,{1,2,3})) have you created Myrange? have you spelt it correctly? -- Regards Roger Govier "BRC" <brc1051-googrps@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d0e09817-22dc-4c36-b60d-67a397067441@h9g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > I have --------=+AVERAGE(SMALL(B7:B19,{1,2,3}))-------------. I want > to replace B7:B19 with �Myra...

cmbo box on subform fills fields on form when chkbx is yes
I have a multi-tabbed form that details bid data ranging from pricing to contact info to departmental notes. Page two has a subform listing general contractors to whom we bid. One bid may have 10-15 contractors listed. When a purchase order is issued from one of these contractors I select a checkbox indicating that GC. I would like the opening page on this tabbed form to show the address and contact info for that GC when the checkbox is yes. Is this possible? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200803/1 On Mar 17, 3:04=A0p...

OWA
OWA text field is always 'grayed out' - on new messages and replies. Small "x" button in upper left of text field seems to have no functionality. Subject field is OK. Bummer - do you have a question? If yes, then try asking it in an Exchange news group as Outlook Web Access is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. Microsoft.public.exchange.admin is a good place to start. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted w...

Show additonal fields in Global Address List
Hi, When I use the Global Address List in Outlook 2002, I get all the predefined fields (Name, Business Phone etc.). Is it possible to modify this view, like adding the 'Notes' field, which now only shows up as you 1st go to the properties of the Distribution List? Thanks in advance, Chiel Varkevisser Netherlands. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272198 "Chiel Varkevisser" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1299f01c4431f$020ba020$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > When I use the Global Address List in Outlook 2002, I get > all...

User logon name: President #2
I've got another problem with my boss's account. His user name is President, but his Alias is f.e. AAA (email AAA.BBB@domena). Almost everything is working (OMA, OWA, exchange mail access), but when I'm trying to connect from Outlook 2003 using POP3 is saying that pop3 doesn't accept user name or password - President as well as AAA (alias). In other accounts this is working good. Is maybe President prohibited user name? Regards Filip ...

Copying from one workbook to another, without taking the name of the 1st workbook with it.
I am trying to copy from one workbook to another and when I paste the copied sheet into the new workbook, the cells refer to the name of the first workbook and I want to take that out before I paste into the new workbook. Anyone know how to get around this? Hi! If you are copying a whole sheet from one workbook to another, use th copy sheet dialogue box. (Edit>Move or copy sheet..) Remember to check Create a copy and select the workbook to copy to fro the upper dropdown box. Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Jenny You can do this Select all cells Use replace ...

Deleting system locked fields
Does anyone know how I can get rid of the "Is revenue system calculated?" field on the Opportunities form? We always have user-provided values, and therefore have no need for this field, but I can't delete it. Anyone know how I can get around this? You can not delete those fields. But you can change the default value to "user provided". WIth some javascipt you should be able to hide it for the users. HTH, Frederic - Travi@ta www.microsoft-dynamics-crm.eu WiLLerZ schreef: > Does anyone know how I can get rid of the "Is revenue system > calculated?"...

Alpha sort names/numericals
I have 2 columns. 1st column has names, 2nd has numerical values relevant to the names. How can this data be alpha sorted and keep the same name/numerical data. data/sort "dane" <dane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9565E66-9FC0-48BF-A06B-FF51E184A8A1@microsoft.com... > I have 2 columns. 1st column has names, 2nd has numerical values relevant to > the names. How can this data be alpha sorted and keep the same name/numerical > data. Hi Dane, Please state clearly what the problem is. If you sorted and got the names sorted and the numbers did not...

How to split a field into 2 fields?
I imported a spreadsheet from Excel and would like to split one field into two fields. Many of the records in Field1 have a note in parenthesis ( ). If a record has anything contained in parenthesis, I would like to move that data to Field2. What's the best way to accomplish this? To get the word inside the parenthesis try something like SecondWord: IIf(InStr([MyLeeter],"("),Mid([MyLeeter],InStr([MyLeeter],"(")+1,Len([MyLeeter])-InStr([MyLeeter],"(")-1),"") FirstWord: IIf(InStr([MyLeeter],"("),Left([MyLeeter],InStr([MyLeeter],&q...

Use Outlook Client when domain user name different with email acco
Hello, I have a question about using Outlook Client. If the domain user login name is different with email account which belong to a same person, is it possible to install / login with the Outlook client? e.g domain user : degdom\apple email account: applewatson@deg.com One of my client is facing in this situation. I just want to have some preparation before install Outlook Client for him. Thanks for any help! Hi Huimc, It shouldn't be a problem if the AD user is the same used to start Outlook and connect to CRM. You may want to check the email adress in CRM if the ema...

two pivot q's
Hi, I've been so lucky as to get new excel and am stuggling with two things I can't do anymore. 1. Remove getpivotdata - if I click in cell B5 I want the formula to use B5 and not lock to a particular cell. 2. Base second, third, etc pivot tables on a first. There's a box for this now, but I've no idea how to use it anymore. I'd really appreciate it if anyone knows how to do these things. Thanks, Light. Debra Dalgleish shows how to remove that annoying GetPivotData feature here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html - Jon ------- Jon Pelti...