Pivot Table Data 04-16-10

I have learned to use GETPIVOTDATA to retrieve numbers aligned with employees
names.  When an employees name does not appear on the pivot table, it returns
#REF!, which can be turned into 4 with the ERROR.TYPE command.  I can turn
the 4 into a 0, but then when the number is not a 4, I get #N/A.

Is there any way to get a 0 off of the pivot table if an employee name does
not show up?

You can wrap the GETPIVOTDATA formula inside another function to return zero
if GETPIVOTDATA returns an error. In Excel 2007 you can use IFERROR:

=IFERROR(GETPIVOTDATA(...),0)

In Excel 2003 & earlier, you can use an IF(ISERROR( construction:

=IF(ISERROR(GETPIVOTDATA(...)),0,GETPIVOTDATA(...))

Replace ... with the arguments for your GETPIVOTDATA formula.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"ms" wrote:

> I have learned to use GETPIVOTDATA to retrieve numbers aligned with employees
> names.  When an employees name does not appear on the pivot table, it returns
> #REF!, which can be turned into 4 with the ERROR.TYPE command.  I can turn
> the 4 into a 0, but then when the number is not a 4, I get #N/A.
>
> Is there any way to get a 0 off of the pivot table if an employee name does
> not show up?

Best way to access data outside MS-CRM
Hi, What's the best way to access from inside MS-CRM, data related to example stock information which is stored in another SQL Database. Import routines are not an options, as that has to be real-time. Thanks Taja, Create an ASP page to present the data. When you use the ISV.config to add the button to load the form, you can pass the ID of the current record. Stephen "Taja" <taja2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ugIJujQwEHA.3288@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > What's the best way to access from inside MS-CRM, data related to example >...

VLook up table?
I need to know ware the comand is and how to create a VLookup table? thanks Check out Debra Dalgleish's site for instructions with graphics for ease of understanding. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html Doesn't get any better than this. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:05:07 -0700, "bones" <bones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to know ware the comand is and how to create a VLookup table? > >thanks ...

GP 10 Toolbar
The toolbars in GP 10 (10.00.1237) randomly re-set. If a user sets the toolbar to one line, and then at the end of the day logs out, when they log back in, the toolbar has re-set itself to a 3 or 4 line toolbar. The "lock toolbar" function is checked. Why would these settings keep changing? This is very frustrating for users. Any advice ? THANKS! Laura This has been a known bug for a while. I have not heard of it being resolved yet, but you can open a support case with MS and get added to the list of people who have reported the problem. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano...

Sample CRM Data Install Issue
Installed test version of CRM fine running as a web site on its own IP address. Try to run the sampledata wizard on CD1 but it fails at the first dialouge - enter the address of your crm server. Mine is running locally on 192.168.0.91 - accessible fine thnrough a browser - so I enter this and get back an error message saying crm server not found or not got sufficient priviledges to do this. Am logged on as Administrator account? Any advice on what needs to change to make the wizard work? Thank you Roger ...

Textbox in form that updates a table.
Is it possible for a textbox within a form to update a section within a table? If so how. Also I wanted to know is it possible to gray out a command button on a form after its clicked. Normally a textbox will update a single value in a single field in a table. To update several rows of a table, you can use an update query. The update query can use the value in the textbox on your form. To grey out a command button, you would set it's enabled property to false. Note: you must move focus to another control so that the command button doesn't have the focus at the time. Jeanette Cu...

Excel 2003
Hello Can someone explain to me how to create a line graph chart of a time series where there are gaps in the data? I have daily data over two years, but there are gaps. Excel seems to connect the last data point before a gap to the next data point after the gap. Many thanks in advance and kind regards Nick Is the gap comprised of actually blank cells, or formulas that return something that looks like a blank? If the cells are truly blank, go to Tools menu > Options > Chart tab, and choose the 'Not Plotted' option for dealing with blank cells. - Jon ------- Jon Pelti...

Export Contacts Table from MS Access to Global Address List in Exchange
Hi, I want to know if its possible to export my Contacts table in Microsoft Access to Global Address List on Exchange so I can view all the contacts in Outlook Address Book? Thanks, Eric It's possible, yes. But, not knowing the format of your Access database, I can't tell you much more. Look into the CSVDE tool. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <eric.nguyen312@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171476029.880250.152000@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I want to know if its possible to export my Contacts ...

Customizing Outlook Today #10
When the CEO changes the Outlook Today from standard to standard 2 column and saves the setting. Then he goes into his inbox and then returns to Outlook today, the Outlook Today is in the standard 3 column format not the 2 column format that he just saved earlier. KB was not much help. Any possible solutions to his problem in keeping the 2 column setting? Ruben ...

Only one table appears realtionwship wizard
I have two tables in the same folder the realtionship wizard onlys shows one table Access 2007 You are mixing terms. Tables are not in folders. Folders are subdivisions of computer drives. Databases reside in folders on a drive. Tables are in databases, in folders, on a drive. Think of fields (Database term - Access) as being the columns (Spreadsheet term - Excel) of a table. Are your two tables in the same database or in different databases but in the same file folder on the drive? -- Build a little, test a little. "Terry" wrote: > I have two tables...

copying charts into new sheets, data is pulled from old sheet
i make a sheet with a load of data and some graphs, then i want to copy the whole thing into a new sheet to process some similar but different data, all the cell references translate cleanly, and refer to the new sheet however, the graphs reflec tthe previous sheets ranges and data. how can i copy the graphs so they refer to cells on the new sheet? btw i know excel pretty well, and i could go through and drag new data on, but i would like about 30 graphs per sheet, so its tedious. thanks instead of copying just the data, use the Move or Copy Sheet option under Edit and copy the whol...

Print only coloured rows of table
I am working on a table shown in the attachment as "Original table�. In this table if �Total Reqd� >0 then the Row of that particular item gets coloured by the CONDITIONAL FORMATTING formula. Is there any Formula / Macro in Excel by which when I print the original table I get only the coloured rows � As shown in �Required table after printing� Attachment filename: sample.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=557493 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi I would do this by using the same criteria as ...

Calculated Field 10-29-07
Im fairly new to access, and have a quick question. I have 1 table with a bunch of fields. of those fields, i have Open and Delivered (as in a # of open emailed, and # of delivered emails). Id like to divide the two fields to find a percentage, and then store that number in a field called Open Rate, which also resides in the same table. how can i SAVE this number to the table? On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 10:25:08 -0700, rogerscmg@gmail.com wrote: > Im fairly new to access, and have a quick question. I have 1 table > with a bunch of fields. of those fields, i have Open and Delivered (as &g...

Data validation #62
i have an excel form that i want that after the user enters data, when he tries to exit text box it validates the data for him and if it's valid the background changes to white. i currently have the colors changing if there is any data in the txtbox at all. i would like it to be that it needs to have two names in the field - the director's first and last name. so i want it to check the the first word is more than one letter, followed by a space, and then at least two more letters. i am putting the code in the txtDirector_Exit event. i know the changing color code, i need to code to c...

Repeating Data Queries
Hi All I am new to .Net and am battling with a very simple query. I am pulling an image path from a SQL database using SqlDataSource. I use the control once at the top of my page. I then repeat this query 3 times in my code using asp repeater with the DataSourceID pointing to the same SqlDataSource. It all works perfectly except for one thing. I am trying to pull the image paths in random order so every time the page reloads you see a different image that when you click on it enlarges. My code displays perfectly but does not match the enlarged picture as every time I use the repea...

Check for data in cell
I want to check to be sure the cell selected in column C has data in it otherwise display an error message. Hi oldjay You can use the worksheet event shown below: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) ' Be sure to look at a single cell If Target.Cells.Count = 1 Then ' Check if a cell iu column C is selected If Target.Column = 3 Then ' Check id the selected cell is empty If IsEmpty(Target) Then MsgBox "On empty cell" End If End If End If End S...

Data Validation Syntax Question
I'd like to restrict a user (me) from entering more than two digits after the decimal point in a cell. I have a checkbook spreadsheet and recently discovered (by accident) that I made a withdrawal entry of 117.122 a couple of years ago, but I can't figure out how to be sure to keep from doing it again. Am I missing something simple? Thanks for any help. Jim One way: =INT(A1*100)=(A1*100) multiply by 100 and see if it's a whole number If A1 is the activecell. Another way: =MOD(A1*100,1)=0 multiply by 100 and divide by 1. Check the remainder to see if it's 0. Jim &...

outlook attachments #16
Is there a way to recieve attachments in outlook. I can get some but others are blocked. I have noticed that if they are .exe it won't work. What is up with that? kalendesh <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to recieve attachments in outlook. I can > get some but others are blocked. I have noticed that if > they are .exe it won't work. What is up with that? Install Slovak's Attachment Options: http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm Consider subscribing to Woody's Office Watch (free) http://www.woodyswatch.com/office/index...

Combination of table records
Hi, I have this table (with 1 column, 14 records), now I need to make a new table showing all possible combinations of these records, to which I can than add more columns. BTW the table is used elsewhere. Regards Robert Can't wrap my brain around this one. Please show the records for the existing table, with the correct table and column names, and an example of the expected results. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "theredspecial" wrote: > Hi, > > I have this table (with 1 column, 14 re...

save all data on calendars
I want to make sure all the dates and appointments are saved on every yearly calendar so I can go back and refer to information Right click on the calendar and disable the autoarchive option. If you sync with a smartphone, set it to keep appointments forever. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@P...

Bound Span control, limited output to data page, output truncated
Hi, am having problems with the microsoft access "Bound Span control" control. I have html text stored in a field and want it displayed as html by using the bound span control with format settings set to "html". It works but the fields content is truncated at just over the 220 character mark (output text) so assume that some sort of limit of 256 char is in place if hmtl formatting tags were counted. Any ideas on how to remove this limitation? Cheers, E ...

WSUS 3, empty sql datafile due to tbXml table
(posted also on: microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services) I have a WSUS 3 installation on a SQL Express 2005. Datafile of SUSDB is near to 3GB and I am planning to shrink it. How can I safely delete info/history ? From WSUS console ? From SQL ? Thanks. If you must make identical posts to multiple newsgroups, please cross-post one (1) message to all of them. Thank you. Multiposting vs Crossposting: http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm joker197cinque wrote: > (posted also on: microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services) > > I have a WSU...

How do I link several forms to one id in one table
I use the data base to record details of students I see. I currently have 1 table with one main form and several other forms that are accessed from command buttons on the main form. The forms accessed by the command buttons have a series of option buttons which help me record issues the child has. How do make the information recorded on each of the forms relate to the child and information on the main form. Hope that is clear. Thanks Hi Maxine, It seems the best way to solve your problem as asked is to make the "several other forms" subforms on the main form and let Acc...

Changing Data returned from autofilter
Hi, I am working on code that takes my list, filters first on Column A changes the data in Column A from one thing to another depending o what the autofilter returns, puts on another filter in the same colum with different criteria, changes those, and so on. My problem is that if there is a zero count on the data returned, th text is copied across the entire spreadsheet (A1:IV1). (don't know i this is relevant, but when the 0 count is returned, i don't see any o the spreadsheet except for my headers - the rest of it is that nethe region beyond row 65,536). I've exhausted my brai...

How to retrieve data which contain "/" in it
Hi, I try to pull a data from access with contain a speacial character "/" in it but what i get is it not return a single data, so how do i wanna retrieve it? below is statement I use it but it return nothing. SELECT LDDATA.COR, LDDATA.CON, LDDATA.PCODE, LDDATA.QTY, LDDATA.BOXNO, LDDATA.CASENO, LDDATA.RSNOS, LDDATA.RSNOE, LDDATA.NOFRS FROM LDDATA WHERE (((LDDATA.COR)="A11/LC/000002/11/06")) ORDER BY LDDATA.CON, LDDATA.BOXNO; On Tue, 22 May 2007 21:53:02 -0700, osmanar <osmanar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I try to pull a data from access with...

MS POS 2.0 old data
Is there a way to remove old transaction data from MS POS 2.0? I would like to clear out all the old transactions previous to this month. Is that possible? I'd like to retain everything from April forward, but we've made some changes and I'd like to get rid of the historical data. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dave ...