Pivot Table Custom Subtotals

I have a pivot table that's connected to Analysis Server.  For some
reason, I can't select custom subtotals (the options is greyed out)
when I try to edit the field settings.  Are there some requirements
that have to be met in order to use custom subtotals?

David

Custom Item list report
I used to have an custom item list report that I used with our scanpal scanners for inventory, my computer crashed and when we reinstalled the RMS software I most have lost that report. Does anyone have this report available? or can someone tell me how to get it? Help!!! Thanks! ...

Pivot Table Question #12
I've created a pivot table and it works well - counts the number of items in each category. What it doesn't do is count the number of blank cells. It gives me a blank category but, alas, it is blank. I want the blank category line to tell me how many blank cells I have. I know that this is possible, but just can't seem to make it work. Can someone help? Thanks! To count the blanks you could use a space character, or the formula ="", in the source data, instead of leaving the cells blank. The pivot table will be able to count those. Betty Csehi wrote: > I&#...

Modify scale in X axis on a scatter plot from Pivot data
I need to increase the gap between my labels on the X axis in a scatter plot. They are too close and I can not read the labels unless i make them 4pt and zoom in to 200%. There are about 200 points on the X axis at .2 increments. I would like to be able to have labels for whole numbers only. I can not use a fixed set of values by generating a dummy X-axis since the range changes as I apply the different filters. Any ideas? thanks! Sandy Pivot charts don't let you change the spacing of the categories. They also don't let you make an XY (scatter) chart, so you probably have ...

Only one customer in letter writing assistant
Great Plains version 8 - When I run the letter writing assistant to create a Collection Letter or a Customer Letter and I select All customers and All customer types I only get one customer in the customer list to choose from. It doesn't matter what letter I am trying to create I only get one customer to pick from. Does anyone know what I need to do to get all my customers to show up? This is normal behavior if you are launching the letter assistant from the customer maintenance window. Launch it from the reports menu to perform mass mailings. I have tried launching the letter ...

Pivot Table: deleted source data
Is it a common practice to delete the source data for a Pivot Table? Why do the Pivot Table maintain the data after the source is deleted? I was trying to reverse engineer a Pivot Table that was created in 2009. I kept seeing the source as a Summary sheet but it was not listed in the spreadsheet. I thought it was hidden and it was not.. So I experimented a little and created a Pivot and deleted the source and the data stayed in place but kept displaying the source that did not exist. Thanks, Ty On Jul 19, 12:20=A0pm, Ty <tyrone_...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is it a common practice to d...

Pivot Table Data Source, point to cell?
Is there any way to point the data source block to a cell. I want to simply update a cell (i.e. A1) with the range instead having to open the pivot table and changing from the wizard. Is there a way to do this? Example: Cell A1 contains: '[Output 3.24.xls]FORMALS-OUT'!$A$5:$P$65536 Data source in pivot table points to cell A1 to get the range. please tell me there's a way to do this.... thanx.! hi, Jeremy ! > Is there any way to point the data source block to a cell. > I want to simply update a cell (i.e. A1) with the range instead having to open the pivot table >...

linking Excel table to word
Can anyone tell me how I can have an excel table linked to a word table so that the word table dynamically updates itself based on the values in excel cells? Much appreciate it if anyone can point me to direction Thrava Hi in MS Word just insert the Excel sheet as Excel object (Edit - Paste Special) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Thrava" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0cea01c46e91$faae80b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how I can have an excel table linked to > a word table so that the word table dynamically u...

custom PO layout
I'd like to replace the vat column in the standard PO with a retail price from the HQ database, can someone point me in the right direction? thanks in advance :) ...

Custom Workspace Template Not Linking to Projects
Experts, I publised a test project on PWA for Project Server 2007. I then went to that new Workspace and made several changes to the Issues and Risks columns and over all views. I then saved the site as a template, sent the .stp file to our sharepoint admin and she executed the STSADM command to load new the template. I then went to PWA Site Provisioning setting and switched the default template to the new one. so far so good? When I went to create a new project schedule and published, i created the schedule and workspace but they're not linked. Meanining that I dont see t...

Subtotaling 12-13-09
I need a formula to subtotal each set of 1's in a column, without subtotaling other numbers in the column. example shown below. 1 ) 1 ) subtotal = 2 2 ] 5 ] 6 ] 7 ] no subtotal 1 ) 1 ) 1 ) 1 ) 1 ) 1 ) subtotal = 6 5 ] 6 ] 7 ] 6 ] 5 ] no subtotal 1 ) subtotal = 1 A B 1 =IF(AND(A1=1,A2<>1),1,"") 1 =IF(AND(A2=1,A3<>1),COUNTIF($A$1:$A2,1)-SUM($B$1:$B1),"") 2 =IF(AND(A3=1,A4<>1),COUNTIF($A$1:$A3,1)-SUM($B$1:$B2),"") 5 =IF(AND(A4=1,A5<>1),COUNTIF($A$1:$A4,1)-SUM($B$1:$B3),"") 6 =IF(A...

Can't customize the Outlook Today Page
I ma having trouble customizing the "OutLook Today" page in outlook 2000. Everytime I click on the Costomize Outlook Today, nothing happens, I can drag it to the desktop, it will open then, but it won't save any of the settings. I have removed and loaded outlook and still nothing. I have tried running the repair option on office and that doesn't work either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is happening under both XP and Win98 SE. I believe all update have been added. -- Regards, Bob Frost Canterbury House Bed and Breakfast 802.457.3077 Bob <bo...

Customize Exchange error Message
My users sometimes get a error message similar to: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: user@somewhere.com on 5/23/2005 1:27 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <myserver.mydomain.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@somewhere.com> In all cases where we have researched this error, the error was on the recipients mail server or the internet connection between my server and the recipient was not working properly. Is there a way to customize this error message... to alert my use...

Generating a table of figures and table of tables using 'insert caption'

Median in Excel 2007 pivot-tables
HI, I am working on pivot table for data analysis, where I need to show the median. While working on this I found that "Median" is not supported in pivot tables. Is there any way I can use median function in pivot tables? Best Regards, Venkataramana AFAIK, you can't alter pivot tables, but you can certainly copy/paste special (perhaps a new sheet), and then do whatever you want to it (perhaps in an adjacent column). -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "Venkataramana" wrote: ...

custom error
How do you display an error message to a text box. The error message will have text that I define. Thanks A sample for you to try. "Me.Text0" is the textbox to display the description and error number. Private Sub Form_Load() On Error GoTo ErrorLoad Err.Raise 5, , "Test Message" ErrorExit: Err = 0 'reset error Exit Sub ErrorLoad: Me.Text0 = Err.Number & " - " & Err.Description Resume ErrorExit End Sub Matt Roell wrote: >How do you display an error message to a text box. The error message will >...

Creating Custom Recipient Policy
Hi, I am running exchange 2003, the companyi work for aquired many companies and changeing email address for x number of employees. so i am currently acceptting about 6 differerent email address with the old and the new. when all is said and done. i would like to have a custom recipient policy for each primary email address. so the user do not end up with them all on their smtp properties. I just want them to have there old and new primary. i quess i am asking how can i create 3 different primary address for different users in the same company? thanks a bunch in advance for helping Pa...

Custome number format help
I have a series of cells that will hold values such as 350,000.00. This value is entered by the user and entire amount is used in calculations across the worksheet. I want the output to be 350k. This way, more columns can be viewed at a time and makes for easier reading than a number with all the zeros. I can't get the customer number format to "hide" the zeros. WB Thanks, yes it did. "Carmen" <hovendic@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Od0aSCQrGHA.4356@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > WB, I put > > #,k > > in the custom formatting box and it looks ...

Data migration strategy from custom MSSQL-based app to CRM 4.0
Hello, We have a client looking to transition to CRM 4.0 from their current home-grown application based on SQL Server 2005. I am curious to get suggestions from the group on how to approach this. Here is one approach I am considering: 1. Create denormalized views in SQL (picklist values included instead of PK/FK keys) 2. Script queries to these views that send query results to a CSV file 3. Create data mappings in DMF to perform mass import 4. Run import with fingers crossed One requirement to note is the client is not looking for a staged migration - everything must be brought over at...

Pivot Table help needed
HI, I tried to the example given in this site... http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html For Show/Hide Items -- Visible property is not working. Visible Property is working if the data source is EXcel itself. If the data source is analysis Manager, Visible property is always true...Is there any work around. I have done the macro recording. That is giving a long code which can not be implemented. also I will not able to add a calculated member in the pivot table because the olap datasource is analaysis amanager.. Thanks in advance for any help regarding this. Thanks and regards. ...

clear old items in pivot
How can I clear old items from a pivot table. I am running excel 2000. When I bring in new data and refresh the table I am seeing the new and the old data. Ideas? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "kimz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9d2e01c486d4$603a78d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How can I clear old items from a pivot table. I am running > excel 2000. When I bring in new data and refresh the table > I am seeing the new and the old data. Ideas? > I tried that and it wo...

Creating custom color palettes from worksheet ranges
Can anyone recommend a free utility I can use to populate Excel's color palette from cells in Excel 95 or 2000? I want to create custom palettes but I don't want the effort of changing the palette by hand. I would like to do one of the following A B C D 1 Color Red Grn Blu 2 Red 1 1 1 3 Green 1 1 1 4 Blue 1 1 1 5 Orange 1 1 1 or A B C D 1 Color Hue Sat Lum 2 Red 1 1 1 3 Green 1 1 ...

Part protection of Excel 2007 tables
Hi, Although this is not a VBA code/Macro related question, I thought that the people who know the Excel object model so well would be best placed to handle this question. Here it is: Can I part protect an Excel 2007 (ie lock certain columns and leave other unlocked)? eg. I want the data input columns to be unlocked and columns with formulas to be locked. When I did this and then protected the sheet, the table no longer behaved like a table. Was I missing something or is this a limitation of the Tables? Regards, Raj ...

Mail to my customers
Hi I want to send mail from outlook2003/exchange2003 to my customers. I want every recipients to only see himself in the "To" field. I have tried to use blindcopy, but then the "To: " field is empty. The recipients are put in a distribution list - no more than 100. I don't try to make spam! Any ideas? Tor-Magne most people tend to add the multiple recipients to the BCC field and just add your own email to the To field.That way outlook doesn't complain about the To field being empty. The recipient will see it coming from you, and sent to you, that's th...

Copy whole table into one cell
Office Excel 2003 on Windows XP I'm trying to create a report-maker with excel... ugh! Anyways, there is a template that users are filling out saying whether something is defected or not... that's not important, the important part is, that I'm having VBA go though the table (using a button after it is filled out) and deleting the rows that aren't defected... in other words, if there are blank cells in column C (for example), the whole row in which that blank cell is located is deleted. I'll never have more than 40 rows and 5 columns in the table so I don'...

Make subtotals 100%
My column fields are 'Years'I want in the first column of 2002 every subtotal number to represent 100%. I then want year 2003 subtotal numbers increase/decrease to show the new percentage e.g. 2002 subtotal 1 [43] [[100%]] subtotal 2 [165] [[100%]] 2003 subtotal 1 [45] [[104.65%]]subtotal 2 [171] [[103.64%]] Try this against a copy of your worksheet. Do your data|subtotals. But then convert the =subtotal() formulas to values (maybe do the whole worksheet and get rid of the formulas???) Then use the outlining symbols on the left to show only the subtotal lines you want. Then sel...