Pivot Table Charts

Hi,

Excel2000
I have a simple pivot table, which changes in size hen data i
refreshed.  I want to create a bar graph which uses the info from it
but Excel automatically puts "drop-fields" into it with drop downs etc
wheras i dont want the user to be able to choose their fields.  How ca
i creat a graph based on a pivot without having "drop-fields" in th
actual graph????

Help!

Many Thanks.

On the PivotTable toolbar, choose
    PivotChart>Hide PivotChart Field buttons

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Chart with wide range of data
Hi I had a line chart displaying wide range of data Example: Training Expenses DeptA 100,000 DeptB 2,000 DeptC 150 DeptD 5,000 Tried to plot DeptA data in 2nd axis but feel that it is not easy to understand the chart cus there is a large gap between DeptA and DeptC data. Appreciate if anyone could advise or suggest better way of plotting this chart. TIA Conventional wisdom suggests using a log scale, but you're still have a wide span across all the data. Also, most people who read figures about training expenses for different departments are not well vers...

Conversion of Cross-Tab Formatted data to qualify for Pivot Table
It's amazing how one can take pivot table data -- double-click in the data section and it "converts" the PT format to a data-table format (fit for a database environment, say access)... Well any way, I receive files that are in a sort of a crosstab format, which I'd love to be able to get to respond to (the creation) of a Pivot table. Is there a way to make this "conversion"? Thanks in advance for any direction offered.. Do you mean something like this: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip068.htm from John Walkenbach's site. Jim May wrote: > > It&#...

Label columns in column charts
Now, it's Easter time, but I still need to work to complete my thesis...well, let's go on...:-) I've got a column chart in which the height of each column represents the sum of unique values, so that if the column's height is 4, it means it represents the occurence of 4 single events (1+1+1+1) Now, referring this example I wish to label each column placing the name of the single events, so, if the column's height is 4 the labels should be from 0 to 1 -> e1 from 1 to 2 -> e2 from 2 to 3 -> e3 from 3 to 4 -> e4 (note that I have the labels in my active sheet)...

Ungrouping a Bar Chart
I have a bar chart that I put into Powerpoint 2007. I have learned to ungroup by copying and pasting special as a emf. The problem I have is that it ungroups the labels and lines but the bars still stay grouped together. Does anyone know how to get the bars to ungroup from each other. In 2003 this was very easy and useful to do, but in 2007 that functionality went away. Also is there a way to change individual bars into some with coloring like slash marks or other types - not change the color gradient. This was also available in 2003 -- EsN Finally someone else is complaining a...

Pivot Table Question #2
Hi I use Excel 2000 I have a worksheet that has duplicate (or more) entries in some columns. When I generate the pivot table these items that are duplicated only display once on the table and there is a blank line/s under them. Example GREY 555 AAA 555 ZZZ BLUE 666 BBB 666 CCC I would like that if there is a duplicataion of an entry that that duplication also shows on the pivot table. In the case of the example above that the work GREY & BLUE shows up in every line of the pivot table. How do I format the pivot table not to hide the duplicates. Th...

How To Refresh Chart Data Without Calculating The Worksheet
I am trying to refresh a chart in an Excel 2000 worksheet without recalculating the whole worksheet. Tried using the following syntax to no avail (this is not a pivot chart): ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 70").Select ActiveChart.Refresh Thanks, Carl Carl, Please try one of these: Sub RefreshChart1() ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 70").Activate ActiveChart.Refresh End Sub or Sub RefreshChart2() Dim Cht As Chart Set Cht = ActiveChart Cht.Refresh End Sub ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Carl Bowman" wrote: > ...

Functions greyed out when using Pivot tables
I have an end user who is using pivot tables, and they were working fine up until the end of Jan. Whe she added her data for Feb and went to sort using the privot table order function they were all greyed out. She was originally using Excel 2k. Think that something had just become corrupt we upgraded her to Office 2K3. This did not solve the issue. I have insured the Office has been activated and that the sheet is not protected. We can send the sheet to another user and it functions correctly, as should. Anyone see this before or have any ideas? ...

adding data to chart
I have Excel 2000 and am have a line chart with quarterly data from 2002 to now. When adding the 1Q07 data to my chart, the computer won't accept the new cells and erases all the data for that particular series. I've tried starting over with the same results. Any suggestions to get around this? Please say more. Your original words are subject to various interpretations. There are 21 quarters from 2001 to Q1 2007. A line chart has no difficulty displaying much more than 21 x-categories in a single series. Also, a line chart has no difficulty displaying much more than 21 d...

Excel 2000 Pivot table using offline OLAP CUB as the data source
Hello professtionals, I need to use Pivot table using offline OLAP CUB as the data source to analys a large amount of data. I would like to know: What is the maximum size for a CUB file in Excel 2000? What is the maximum size of data that Excel 2000 pivot table support? Thank you very much. Not sure what the maximum size is for an external data source, or even if it's restricted. Maximum size for a pivot based on a worksheet is 65,536 records (maxm. worksheet length). I regularly use pivots reading from Access databases of 2-300,000 records without a problem. "Samson Tang&quo...

Question on pivot tables
Let's say a pivot table has two fields - "country" and "fruit". There are seven products and seven countries, and I want to flip through all 49 permutations. However, if one product isn't present in one country (for example, let's say "apple" does not exist in "england"), then rather than returning the error, the vba code forces "apple" over the top of another fruit that does exist. So the code firstly selects "england", then (if I were doing it manually) I would drop down the fruit box and see that "...

Symbols not displayed properly in Excel chart
Hello. I am trying to create a chart of percentages with the data table represented with the chart in Excel 2003. My problem is that I have symbols in my original data table (e.g., <1%) that are not displayed properly when I chart the data with the data table displayed as part of the chart (the cells with symbols show up as zeros). I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to get these symbols to show up properly in a chart's data table. Thanks! -Aaron ...

Microsoft Excel Pivot Tables
I keep getting the message "A pivot table report cannot overwrite another piot table report" when I refresh the data in my pivot table................I do not know what is the cause of this ??? I guess you have 2 pivot tables on the sheet. Pivot tables normally expand in size when data is added. If the pivot table expanded it would overwrite the other table. You will need to move a table to allow extra space between. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum...

possiblity to set data label in bar chart to "no wrap"??
hey, is there a possibility to display the data label in one line (-> NO WRAP) the label position is "inside base" and the label should just NOT wrap (but it automatically does :( ) can someone point me in the right direction? thanks, Rhapsy Hi, The warp is automatically decided by xl. Font size is the only control you have but even reducing the size may not stop wrapping. You can add textboxes to the chart and link the content to a cell but the position of the box will not update with changes in underlying data. To add textbox select chart and in formula bar enter cell ...

Show average line by series on a line chart
I have a line chart to show actual percentages by month for three different values I am tracking, I would like to show the average for each item as well on this chart as a line across the chart so that for each month one can see if the actual percent is above or below the average for the year, is there a way to do this easily, I have a cell from the data table that shows overall year average for each value. -- Judy Rose Cohen Apply this three times: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Te...

Analytical Accounting Ordinals (AAG00102 table)
Hi All, I know that I have previously suggested that the AAG00102 should be kept at Company database level rather than at the Dynamics database level. I have found that the ordinals contained in AAG00102, for reasons unknown to me, get out of synch with the actual company table values from time to time. I have some code, supplied to me by MS, that rather brutally loops through and updates AAG00102 for the 10000, 20000 and 30000 key values to the correct ordinals for each company. I say 'brutally' because the code does not even check whether these key values exist or not, and f...

pasting charts into word or powerpoint
Sometimes my portrait sized charts "turn into" portrait format when I copy and paste from Excel to a Word doc or powerpoint presentation. I've tried paste special as picture and various other combinations, sometimes with success and sometimes now............... why or why does this occur, and more importantly - how can I get them to stop doing it! thx - trish ...

Changing individual data label font color in Excel Chart
I have a column chart in Excel. I want to change the data label font color for one data point. If I right-click on the data point, I can change the color or the column or the border but not the label. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! Cab58, This is a column chart, I think. If by "Data label" you mean the category name on the category (X) axis for this particular category, I don't think you can change its formatting. You could put a text box (Drawing toolbar) over it, covering the original, then format the added one. Make sure the chart is selected when you creat...

BUG: Creating a PDF or XPS of a chart in Excel 2007 with SP2 installed
Hi, Can anyone confirm they see the same results? I have a spreadsheet, created in Excel 2007 RTM. The first page contains a title in row 1, summary information in rows 2 to 8, then a 'Line with Markers' chart, filling cells B10 to N38 (with a bt of overhang into columns A and O, in fact). In Excel 2007 RTM and Excel 2007 SP1, this page printed correctly, previewed correctly, and would save as PDF and XPS correctly (using the Office 2007 PDF/XPS add-in). After installing SP2, whilst the page still previews and prints correctly, output to PDF and XPS is wrong. Rows 1-8 are fine, but ...

Strip Flat File Table into less entries
I have a table I found that is essentially a 'hierarchical' table but laid out in such a way I can't really use it w/o further processing. Essentially it is currently something like this Type | Type Code | Subtype | SubType Code | SubSubType | SubSubType Code I really just want to end up with Type | Type Code | Parent Code So I might have Fruit | 100000 | Citrus | 100100 | Orange | 1001001 Fruit | 100000 | Citrus | 100100 | Lemon | 1001002 Fruit | 100000 | Melon | 100200 | Cantelope | 100201 Fruit | 100000 | Melon | 100200 | Honeydew | 100202 Meat ...

stepping chart
I'm having problems creating a chart for the following: Y-axis: value for a level (eg. interest rate) X-axis: time/date where the interval for x-values isn't fixed The chart must represent a horizontal line/bar until the next value is represented (like stages). Example: X.........................Y 01/01/06...............4.2% 01/03/06...............4.5% 15/03/06...............4.4% 01/08/06...............4.7% resulting in a horizontal line/bar on 4.2 until 01/03/06 stepping to 4.5% until....etc. Who can help me? Ron -- Petje ----------------------------------------------------...

% of column on SUBTOTALS in a pivot table
I know how to use the % to column feature from the Pivot table options, but I also need to show a percentage of each subtotal. This needs to go in the Pivot table, as the data gets refreshed all the time. I can do a formula outside of the Pivot table, but need it to be as part ot the Pivot. I really would appreciate help Thanks Elsa Go to field settings, select show data as % of total Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Elsa" wrote: > I know how to use the % to column feature from the Pivot table options, but I > also need to show a percentage of each subtotal. This needs to go...

Jumping callout shapes in a chart
Excel 2007. I'm trying to insert callout shapes into charts. I've used Line Callout 1 (accent bar) and Line Callout 1. I put put them in the right margin between the chart border and the plot area. Then I grab the yellow diamond resize/move handle on the callout arrow head and drag it to point to a place on the chart. It doesn't matter where I point the callout to--as soon as I release the mouse to complete the move, the callout jumps straight down, about an inch below where it was (and where I want it to be). Everything works fine as long as I use a two-step process to...

How do I a rotate my square radar chart (square->diamond)?
Hi There Helpful People I need to rotate (the whole of my) my square-shaped 'radar' chart 45degrees so that it is diamond-shaped. At the moment the lines of the axes are horizontal and vertical and make a cross-shape (not unlike a + shape) and I need the lines to be on the diagonal (making a X shape). The chart doesn't have a green dot which I could use to rotate the whole chart. What should I do? Is this possible? I'm using Microsoft Excel 2003, part of the Microsoft Office Professional Edition. Many thanks in advance On Sun, 16 Mar 2008, in microsoft.public.exc...

Hiding categories in the category axis of a chart
Dear all; Maybe some of you can help me with this problem: I have a chart in which the category axis is "months" from October 2003 to November 2007. The years are not important, but I would like to put the different months as one-letter labels: O N D J F ... A further restriction is that I only want a few labels, to avoid making the chart axis too cluttered, so say I want O J O (for October (2003), January (2004), October (2005), etc.). This can be easily done with; that is, leaving the unwanted fields empty. Col A Col B O 65.418 64.633 65.602 J 67...

Excel 2007 VBA Chart
When I record macros with VBA, I do not get information for formatting on charts. Is there an update to fix this? If not, is there a simple reference to the properties for the seriescollection(index) that you can use to change the formats? I have found some of the properties, including the .border.linestyle and .border.weight, but I cannot find all the options available in the UI. Any help is much appreciated! You can try this approach: Sub test() Dim sC As Series Set sC = ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1) Stop End Sub When the stop halts activity, display the locals w...