Pivot Table - Calculated Field

I have a Pivot Table with the following format:

ALMACEN
ARTCOD	MOVENTSAL	Total
9	S		11.36
	S		209.48
	E		79.45
	E		55
	S	                137.88

I need the result of Total S - Total E. Can I do this with a calculated field?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Emece.-

Post some source data...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Emece" wrote:

> I have a Pivot Table with the following format:
>
> ALMACEN
> ARTCOD	MOVENTSAL	Total
> 9	S		11.36
> 	S		209.48
> 	E		79.45
> 	E		55
> 	S	                137.88
>
> I need the result of Total S - Total E. Can I do this with a calculated field?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Regards,
> Emece.-

Here some source data:

ARTCOD	MOVCNT	MOVENTSAL
1904	65.16	S
1904	61.1	E
1904	163.14	S
37299	11.36	S
37299	209.48	S
37299	79.45	E

Thanks again

Regards,
Emece.-

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

> Post some source data...
> --
> HTH...
>
> Jim Thomlinson
>

> "Emece" wrote:
>
> > I have a Pivot Table with the following format:
> >
> > ALMACEN
> > ARTCOD	MOVENTSAL	Total
> > 9	S		11.36
> > 	S		209.48
> > 	E		79.45
> > 	E		55
> > 	S	                137.88
> >
> > I need the result of Total S - Total E. Can I do this with a calculated field?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Regards,
> > Emece.-

Round up a decimal in a query field
Hopefully this is an easy question. How do you round up a number in a query field? Excel has the ROUNDUP function, but I can't find anything similar in Access. Can anyone help? Function:round([tablename!fieldname,2]) I think. It may be round([tablesname!fieldname],2) "bigomega73" wrote: > Hopefully this is an easy question. How do you round up a number in a query > field? Excel has the ROUNDUP function, but I can't find anything similar in > Access. Can anyone help? Thanks Golfinray, but that only rounds to the nearest decimal place. What I want is the numb...

Grouping dates in pivot table
I am pulling data from a SQL Server database to create a pivot table. Excel (07) is not recognizing the field as a date. This is a field I would like to group by in the pivottable. I am aware of all the techniques to convert this to a date field, but I am searching for an answer as to why XL pivot tables cannot consume the dates directly from a sql query. I have played with bringing the dates back in a number of differenent formats with no success. Any insights into this would be appreciated. Probably coming in as text and yuo may only need to copy an unused cell and paste sp...

% calculation
This always confuses me... What formula for 15% of 40,000 thanks Oooops, should have mentioned cells.. This always confuses me... What formula for 15% (L7) of 40,000 (L8) and answer in L9 thanks "S" <nonense@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:NZ9Hj.28495$w51.14942@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > This always confuses me... > What formula for 15% of 40,000 > > thanks > This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------070605030800000709050004 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit...

Pivot Table Source Data
I have an existing Pivot Table that usually updates daily, albeit this relies someone in the office refreshing the data. Anyway we seem to have missed one days data and thought we would be clever and just include the days missing data back into the source data. In effect we are putting the 8th September data between the 7th and the 9th. However no matter what we do the data from the 8th ends up as the last column in the pivot table. Are we missing something really simple here or has my brain turned to mush? thanks for the help in advance. Bryan P.S I also tried creating a dynamic range but ...

Required fields
I need to set up some VB code to alert the inputter that they need to complete a couple of required fields depending on the value of a third field. At present I have some code (below) attached to the BeforeUpdate event of the form that checks for one of the fields but I need to extend it to the 2nd field and I don't know how to. Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If Me.[NYSPA Received] And IsNull(Me.Date_NYSPA_Received) And Me.New_Cease = "New" Then MsgBox "Date NYSPA Received is required" & vbCrLf & "Record will not be saved&q...

pivot table grand totals not showing for all columns...
i have a pivot table that shows the grand total for some columns, but not for others... there are no differences in the data layout, yet this happens? any clues as to why? and how I can get the grand totals to show for all fields. thanx in the PivotTable floating toolbar, click PviotTable, then Table Options, select 'Grand totals for columns' option. ...

How do I format a field based on the value
I have a form that is populated from a query using several tables. In the detail section I have the following fields: Category Code qty PO number ... .... ... The qty is populated in the query based on whether or not a PO number is available. If the PO number is not available then it comes from table a, if it is available then it comes from table b. On the form, I have my fields color-coded for easy reading. I would like to be able to color the border and column heading based on where this value comes from. If table A, then it is blue, if table b then it...

Keep Added Custom Fields on New Projects
We are importing information from our bidding software. The export is created in XML file. We know the custom fields that are created. How do I make MS Project use the same "look" everytime? I want it to remember the custom fields I created and use that as my default blank project. I don't care about the tasks because those could be different every time. I just want to be able to create each project with the same columns every time. Create or update a view/table with the custom fields and layout you are wanting. Then change the Tools-->Options--View tab to ...

Data Tables
In Excel 2000, must data tables (Data\Tables...) always be located on the same worksheet tab as the source data? I want to put summary tables into a separate worksheet (tab), but Excel won't let me do that. Steve Looks that way, at least in Excel97 (my ver) But we could always mirror the data tables (or parts thereof) elsewhere (eg: another sheet) via simple link formulas -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Steve D" <sdrenker_(you_know_what_here)_media.sj.nec.com> wrote in message news:ufhMsZfyFHA.3804@TK2MSFTNGP10....

Formatting data table
I have a data table shown under a diagram. However it won't display all the decimals. I.e. in the input to the diagram for january 2006 is 1.123, but only 1.1 is shown in the data table. The only solution seems to be to enlarge the diagram but this is not an option in this particular case! As a last resort I could embed a table under a traditional diagram without the data table, but that is second best. Looking forward to any help If you right click on the data table you can change the font size by clicking on 'format data table' and the font tab. You can type in the size ...

how to retrieve varbinary field through ADO inVC++?

Sales Distribution Entry table
Can someone point me at the table that stores the data for the Sales Distribution Entry window? Thanks. On Feb 27, 10:44=A0am, ALGP <gpjef...@gmail.com> wrote: > Can someone point me at the table that stores the data for the Sales > Distribution Entry window? > > Thanks. SOP10102 ...

Pvt Table Question
I am creating several pvt tables that will be updated often with new data. I want to know if there is any function within a pvt table that I can use to set up my pvt table so that only the top 10 data points are automatically displayed. So for example, if i have pvt table set up to show brand name and then accounts for each brand name and I sorted on accounts descending and only wanted the pvt table to show the top 10 brands that had the highest total accounts. Is this possible? Thanks. Hi, To show the top 10 values for a field - double-click the field heading, click 'Advanced' ...

Formatting number in Data Table
I am using Excel 2007. I have a spreadsheet that the figures can be negative or positve. I have formatted the cells with this custom format $#,##0;[Red]$-#,##0. On the spreadsheet the format works fine. I created a chart from the data. I have a data table at the bottom of the chart. The problem is that the format from the spreadsheet is not reflected in the data table. When I click on Format Data Table, there is no option for number formatting. There is a number formatting option available when i click Format Axis, but this doesn't change it, because the actual axis is Text. Is th...

Table name length in microsoft query
Hi! Is it true that the maximum length of a tablename is still 8 characters. I'm useing Excel 97 and trying to get data from a Paradox 9 table via odbc-link and Microsoft Query. I have heard a few years ago that long names are OK and supported all over the microsoftian regime. Is there any trick to avoid this without shortening all the names. Greetings from Helsinki HK ...

Table relationships
I've created a database with about 15 tables for a participant data in a research study. Each participant will complete the 15 assessment measures. My ultimate goal is to create a data entry system whereby a research assistant can pull up a form and enter an ID number, plus the answers to the 15 assessment measures. I know I can create a query to combine all the tables, but it seems like the research assistant would have to enter the id and date 15 times (once for each table pulled in to the query). Is there a way to just enter the ID number one time and have it apply t...

Calculated Fields
Is there a way to use an IF or SUMIF function in a calculated field in a pivot table? When I try, I get all 0s as the result. Can you type a small sample of the pivot table layout and data, and explain what you'd like to calculate with a SUMIF formula? Jim C. wrote: > Is there a way to use an IF or SUMIF function in a > calculated field in a pivot table? When I try, I get all > 0s as the result. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Hi Jim, > Is there a way to use an IF or SUMIF function in a > calculated f...

Calculating Averages
Hi, I am using the newest version of Excel on Windows 7, and I need some help with a complex calculation. In cells A1-A100, I have dollar amounts ranging from $1-$1000. In cells B1-B100, I have percentages ranging from 0%-100%. I want to break out the cells in A1-A100 in several groups, like follows: $1-$99, $100-$199, $200-$299, and so on up to $1000. Then, I need to calculate the average percentage for jobs in those categories. So, for the category of $1-$99, lets say there are two cells with amounts in that range, A1 and A2. Their percentages in B1 and B2 are 40% and 6...

Populating an IMAP "To:" field
I let this bug me for almost 2 years, but it *IS* Possible, as the following points out (contrary to the lack of responses and denial posted elsewhere in these microsoft misinformation forums): For Outlook 2000/XP/2002: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284371 For Outlook 2003: 1) Select the IMAP mail folder with the broken/empty "To:" field. 2) Go to the "Tools" menu and select "Rules and Alerts..." 3) Select the IMAP account for this folder (should be pre-selected) 4) Click the "New Rule..." button 5) Select the "Start from a blank rule" r...

Money using wrong date to calculate ROI YTD
I have opened a new file in Money to track investments for a stock club. I entered all transactions, which go back to Jan. 2002. When I look at performance for the account, the ROI YTD is not accurate, as Money is using values for the stocks going back only 6 months form the date I enterd the transactions rather than the values as of 1/1/03. What to do? In microsoft.public.money, Brooks wrote: >I have opened a new file in Money to track investments for >a stock club. I entered all transactions, which go back >to Jan. 2002. When I look at performance for the account, &g...

auto populating account id field
Does anyone know of any 3rd parties that already have this customization? I'm wanting my account to automatically be assigned an account ID when I transfer my lead to an account and then have this ID be sent to Great Plains to create the account in GP. I know CRM doesn't have this function right out of the box, but I can't let my users type in their own ID. Thanks, Jen ...

Adding a total row to a chart data table
I have the following data in a chart Week 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Data1 1 5 7 6 1 6 7 6 Data2 3 4 5 7 9 4 6 6 Is it possible to have the data table show a totals row? I.E: Totals 4 9 12 13 10 10 13 12 Thanks in advance, John You can't include the total in the data table. As a workaround, you could embed the chart on a worksheet, and display the data below it. Tushar Mehta has instructions on his web site: http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm John Ortt wrote: > I have the following data in a chart > > Week 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Data1 1 5 7 6 1 6 7 6...

Sum of calculated controls in footers
I have a report with the following groupings: 1.) Claimant 2.) Group 3.) Carrier in the Claimant footer I have the a control named max_ded with the following calculation =Max([Ded]). I need to be able to sum this field at the "group level", and then sum the "group level sum" at the carrier level. I have tried to sum(max([Ded])) and I get error messages. I have tried Sum([max_ded]) etc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

pivot table 05-01-10
I have data on two worksheet and i want to analize data by consolidate them togeter.How can i use pivot table? -- meihua meihua;950632 Wrote: > I have data on two worksheet and i want to analize data by consolidate > them > togeter.How can i use pivot table? > > -- > meihua Option 1. Yes, you can use mutliple sheets connected to single pivot. choose, Multiple consolidation ranges option in Pivot table and Pivot Chart Wizard - step 1 of 3. Option 2. It is better to get the all data into single sheet and use pivot. thanks bala --...

Need to find the table
I do get some odd requests for great plains. My latest requires me to track down a table. The one i need is for one of the forms that shows in the smart list. I need the one under account transactions and is called Output VAT Nominal. I need to know what table/s supply this form. Even better would be if it was possible to access the hard coding of this form. I looked for it and found nothing. We run great plains version 8 should it help. well, thankyou all kindly in advance. Tools>Resource Descriptions is always a good place to start. "Saltious" wrote: > I do get som...