Pivot Table and Charts

Hi:

I am new to Pivot charts.  I have data related to business
group, project name, spend to date and end date.  I want
to do a pivot chart that will have Business Group, project
name and spend to date on side and end date as a chart
next to it.

Business Group, Project Name, Spend to Date, End date as
row chart.

Thanks in advance.
0
anonymous (74722)

This might be a good place to start:

tj

"anonymous" wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I am new to Pivot charts.  I have data related to business
> group, project name, spend to date and end date.  I want
> to do a pivot chart that will have Business Group, project
> name and spend to date on side and end date as a chart
> next to it.
>
> Business Group, Project Name, Spend to Date, End date as
> row chart.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
tjtjjtjt (488)
12/21/2004 3:37:02 PM
Hi
some tutorials:
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm
http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/pivottbls/index.htm
http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2004/11/26/creating-a-simple-pivot-table/trackback/

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"anonymous" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi:
>
> I am new to Pivot charts.  I have data related to business
> group, project name, spend to date and end date.  I want
> to do a pivot chart that will have Business Group, project
> name and spend to date on side and end date as a chart
> next to it.
>
> Business Group, Project Name, Spend to Date, End date as
> row chart.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/21/2004 4:46:54 PM
Thanks - do appreciate it.

0
anonymous (74722)

this might be about linking tables
At work we are going to be setting up a MS Access database for some geological data. We are going to be getting some other data in .csv format that we would like to add to this database. What we have is a collection of location ID's and corresponding sample numbers. Not every location ID will have a sample taken from it. We will be getting assay results in from the lab on each sample taken, and I want to link the assay sample results (the .csv files) to the appropriate sample IDs in the database. How do I do this? Is it as easy as making a table for the .csv data and li...

Cost field in SOP30200 table for Service Items?
Hello In SOP30200 table i read the cost of sales transaction from Orextcst field, and document Amount from 'Docamnt' Field and it's OK, But the problems when that SOP transaction contain Service Item the cost is ZERO ! .. Any Idea for that? Quantities are not tracked for service items so you do not have an inventory layer to retrieve the costs from. The only type of item that will track quantities and costs is a Sales Inventory Item. "Monzer Osama" wrote: > Hello > > In SOP30200 table i read the cost of sales transaction from Orextcst > field, and doc...

Obtaining the correct results from a two table query
I have two tables say A and B, what I am trying to achieve with the query is just to display records that have the received field ticked in table A and the colour field in table B not containing �Y�. How do I modify the code below to achieve this? SELECT A_Date, A.Received, A.ID, B. Colour FROM A LEFT JOIN B ON DDP_A.Main = B.Main WHERE (((A.Received)= -1) AND ((B.Colour <> �Y�)); jo@jo.uk wrote: >I have two tables say A and B, what I am trying to achieve with the query is >just to display records that have the received field ticked in table A and >the colo...

Selcting data from table without repeating plus calc's
Hi Really need some help with this! I have a table where the qty are manually entered and the sections are selected from a pull down menu. Col D, F, H and J are the same pull down menues. Col B Col D Col E Col F Col G Col H Col I Col J Col K qty section length section length section length section length 5 A 2200 B 1800 B 2000 C 654 3 I 2200 B 1800 G 1587 C 254 7 A 2200 B 2100 B 2000 C 300 30 F ...

Flipping a printed chart?
I have an interesting problem, I have a few dozen graphs I'd like to print on transparent paper, the paper that I'm printing on is rougher on side than the other so I'd like to print on the (recommended) rough side but actually give the client the option to touch and view the graphs from the smooth side. This means that I need to flip the chart before I print it, can this been done in Excel? I can't seem to do it using any of the print drivers and it's to much work to start importing the graphs into some type of drawing software. If you have XP or later (2000 and 97 don&...

How to skip cells in column for charting
I have made a handy stock info table. Each stock has its own column (columns 3-10). Most rows show just share prices for the stocks held, but some show numbers of shares or total invested in the stock. The rows of share prices are marked in column 2 as "price." Is there a way of not charting the rows not marked as "price?" You could create a dependent table where you put the headings, and where the row says price, use that value, otherwise add a formula of NA(), such as =IF($B2="price",C2,NA()) and then chart that table. -- --- HTH Bob (there...

How to sort x-axis in pivot chart
Hi, I've a pivot chart, based on a pivot table. In the chart I display per x-label 3 variables, on top of each other. In the corresponding pivot table I have the x-lables as rows and 3 columns. Now I want to sort the x-labels on the sum of the 3 variables (or sorting the rows of the table). How can I do that? ( I'm able to sort on each variable distinctly, but that is not what I want. Further I can add a new variable to the table containing the sum of the 3 and sorting on that. But that gives a 4th variable in the chart. ) Can anyone help? Regards, Henk ...

Pivot table field dropdown list reset
I would like to know if there is a way to reset a field dropdown list in a pivot table. In some field sometimes I delete data from the source and some items of the field will no longer be there. However, when I refresh the pivot table the dropdown list will still show the old items even if they're not in the source data anymore. I really need your help with this. Thanks a lot in advance for your help, Francisco Molina Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany FMolina wrote: > I would like to know if there is a way to reset a fi...

Pivot Chart Legend editing?
How can I edit the legend in a Pivot Chart in Excel 2007? Or, if thats not possible, can I edit the data titles in the values field? Ex: the field is titled Amount Awarded. In the Pivot Field List-Values it is "Sum of" or "Count of Amount Awarded". How can I edit out "Sum of" or "Count of" so it doesn't appear in the chart? On your pivot table, edit the data field heading, and change the name. Since "Amount Awarded" is already reserved as the name of the data, you'll have to cheat and make the name something like "A...

help with chart wizard
I am creating a chart based on 2 data series. (there is 28 inputs in each column). I would like to create stacked column chart but it does not work for 28 inputs. It works only for 7 inputs where it shows whole colmuns and color devision but after that it shows as plane lines (sticks) instead of columns....please help thanks 28 columns would be pretty thin anyway, and the default is that the space between them (the "Gap Width") is 150% the width of a single column. Make the chart, then double click on a column, and on the Options tab, change Gap Width to something smaller, l...

Select from table
Hello Group, I've in me Sheet table with: Product, Manager, etc When Manager get new Product in excel is new row for ex: Product Manager Value prod A Ann 10 prod B Ann 2 Prod C Tom 15 prod d Tom 8 prod e Eva 20 prod f Ann 4 prod g Eva 10 prod h Tom 11 This table is upgrade every month (new products and new managers). Value in collumn Product is unique. I've in my sheet ListBox. My questions? 1. How add to ListBox all Managers without duplicates? ListBox for ex: Manager ------- Ann Eva Tom 2. How add in this ListBox collumn Bonus with percent value? Manager Bonus%...

Chart Callouts
Is it possible to insert a callout or other object into a chart and hav it be linked to a particular point. i.e. I'd like to note certai changes in a time based trend, and I'd like the callout to remai linked to a point, so that when I update the trend monthly, it remain attached to the point in the trend rather than just staying in the sam physical location. Is this possible? Help would be greatly appreciated -- MD ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MDK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1635 View th...

Balance Points in Excel Charts
Hi. I regularly produce stacked bar charts to show ranges of opinions (e.g. very poor, poor, acceptable, good and very good quality). In these charts I often manually add a drawing shape to show a 'balance point' (like a see-saw) - to show how opinions differ between different groups of people. I would like to know if there is a way to add a drawing object (or shape etc) to a graph - but linked to data (i.e. so that it is linked to the middle point of the data). This would make my graphs more dynamic and would save me a lot of time adding these shapes in man...

linking to .mdb table
Can I create a new Excel spreadsheet linked to an existing Access table. Creating an access table linked to an existing .xls is not an option in this case. The .xls would preferably be "read-only" but that isn't TOO critical an issue. (Will be resolved in Apr '05 when we can buy more ACCESS licenses, but budgetary restraints in place now) Only option I've seen is to Drag the required Access tables into .xls then create new access tables linked to XL tables... there MUST be a better way!!! Thanx - David Hi try 'Data - Import external Data' for this &quo...

Appending multiple tables
I have taken on a new role where I have control of 7 databases on different sites. I want to create master tables with data from each database. Is there a way I can append all the tables into the master table at one go rather than appending them one by one? Many thanks GLS ...

Creating a stacked column chart with 2 axes.
I am working within Excel 97. I need help creating a stacked column chart with 2 axes. An example of the source data that I'm using appears on a worksheet as follows: GROUP SERV_TYPE YEAR_QTR #CLAIMS CONTROL AMB 2001Q1 96 .... CONTROL HOSP 2001Q1 68 .... CONTROL DRUG 2001Q1 32 .... EXPERIMENTAL AMB 2001Q1 99 .... EXPERIMENTAL HOSP 2001Q1 27 .... EXPERIMENTAL DRUG 2001Q1 68 .... My goal is to use the values for "YEAR_QTR" as the category (x) axis lab...

Pivot table & chart size
I have a spreadsheet that starts at 327 KB. When I add just two pivot tables (and their associated charts) onto a new worksheet, the file size increases to a whopping 12.2MB!!!! Is this normal? ...

Pivot Table not populating cells
I have a set of data which I need to put into a PT: Level 1 is Surname and level 2 is First Name. I've sorted it within the PT by Surname then First name. I have 15 instances of the name Jones. When the PT is produced it only shows one instance of th word Jones and then the rest of the lines below (ie the other 14) have no data. The next column to the right has all 15 First names but the only one with Jones next to it, is the first one. How can I get my PT to show ALL surnames next to all the first names please? Thanks in advance, AW The row headings show once in a Pivot Tab...

table lookup 05-09-10
Let's say i have a table. I can use MATCH() to know that I want to look in column 13 for a certain value. Now I just need to figure out what row a certain value is. For instance: 1810. Somewhere in Column 13 is the value "1810"....I would like to find out what ROW it's in. How can I tell Excel to look in Column 13 and find 1810, and let me know what row it's in? DK The function you need is MATCH. -- David Biddulph "dksaluki" <dksaluki@gmail.com> wrote in message news:efb80a83-a0fa-4bcf-9084-7275d4901807@o14g2000yqb.googlegroups.com...

Stack Bar chart Titles
I am trying to create a stack bar chart that will only show the total of all the series. How can this be done. I have searched, but can not find anything that will allow me to setup the total of a number of chart series. This may help http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm Cheers Andy keet16 wrote: > I am trying to create a stack bar chart that will only show the total of all > the series. > > How can this be done. I have searched, but can not find anything that will > allow me to setup the total of a number of chart series. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP -...

How can I print a chart worksheet on legal size paper?
In Office 2007, when trying to print an Excel Chart Worksheet on legal size paper, the image is alway cut off at 11". In the print preview, everything looks fine and if you place the same chart on a regular Excel Worksheet and size it to print on legal size paper, it prints fine. ...

Prevent removal of fields from pivot table or chart
Is it possible to prevent the user from moving or removing fields from a pivot table or chart. I have one user that likes to move thing around and he always seems to make things disappear. I would like to allow the filtering but not allow the moving of the dropdown options. Thanks -- deb ...

Value Limits In A chart
Is there any way possible to change the color of a data series within a chart when it exceeds a value of another data series? Thanks!! Hi see: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart and http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart2 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Robby" <Robby@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:03E95BC9-B246-41E9-A941-177C2C22CB4F@microsoft.com... > Is there any way possible to change the color of a data series within a chart > when it exceeds a value of another data series? > > Tha...

Auto filter and Pivot Table
Is it possible to auto filter data, and use it as input to a Pivot table? When I run a test where I first auto filter, I initially had 20000 rows, and the auto filter reduced it to 12000 rows. But when I go to crearte a pivot table on the filtered data, I am back to a total record count of 20000. Am I combining apples and oranges? If so, is there a way to filter data, before it gets inputed to a Pivot table? -- RandyLewisKemp ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RandyLewisKemp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&use...

solver table
i have the solver under tools...where can i find the solver table function for data? for making charts and such? werd - An add-in named SolverTable is included on the CD in the back of several textbooks. There are different versions by different authors. You could do a search on www.google.com for "excel solvertable" (without the quotes, and no space in the single word solvertable). - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com n "werd" <werd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:357EB618-6633-436F-A8E6-B5C10282F8C7@microsoft.com... >i have the solver under t...