Pivot Table #52

After creating a pivot table, I am left with the lead category (furthes
to the left) that is summaried.  Iv'e tried to cut and paste to give a
example.

Area	Item
Asia	CF1GB-80-380
	CF1GB-80-520E
	CF2GB-80-380
	CF2GB-80-520E
	CF4GB-80-380E
	CF4GB-80-520E
	CF512-80-380
	CF512-80-520E
	IR-437
	PM-231
	RW021-001
	WALLET-231
Is there a way to set the pivot so it will fill the blank section
below Asia with "Asia"?  Automatically, not by copy and pasting it in.
This used to be a feature in previous versions of Excel.
Please respond directly to dwh425@yahoo.com with the subject title o
PIVOT TABLE.

Thanks,
DWH425

--
dwh42
dwh425's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=308

Linked Tables Twice?
Hi all Currently we have an access 2000 backend database with front ends on access 2003 and 2007. I am looking at creating a database which references some of the tables in the original backend. Rather than risk disturbing this database I was considering creating another backend database with the original tables linked to the new backend. Then the front ends would link to the new back end and by association, the linked tables in the old back end. Will this work or is it just plain nuts/bad practice? TIA Phil TheScullster wrote: >Hi all > >Currently we ha...

Help Requested with Pivot Table
Hi, I've created a pivot table. It looks like this: Item1 Sum of Total 9 Count of Names 2 Average of Total 4.5 Item2 Sum of Total 12 Count of Names 3 Average of Total 4 Item3 Sum of Total 3 Count of Names 1 Average of Total 3 ....... You get the idea. 1) I find this to be a very awkward way to present the data. It would make much more sense to present it as follows: Name Sum of Count of Average of Total Names Total Item1 9 2 4.5 Item2 1...

Using Pivot Charts, how to hide field values in second level filters?
Hi - I posted this in the charting group too, but it relates to the underling pivot table really... What I have is a Pivot Chart / Table, where I have multiple filters on the data. For example I have Leagues, Teams, Players. What I have are Leagues and Teams in my page fields and Players on the series axis. This allows me to select the League I want to look at and then the Team within that League. I can then select multiple players (1..n) from that to view the data on. (Assume data is a monthly statistic of some sort). If my data were League Team Player Jan 05 Feb 05 etc........

Set character specificiations for field in a table
Hello, I am working in a table in MS Access 2003 and one of my fields is store number. Stores are either a 3- or a 4-digit number (ex. 111, 1234). I have the data type set as text, but I can change it to number if it needs to be. Is there a way that I can set the field properties for the store number field so that the store number will always appear as a 4-digit number and if the store has only 3-digits it has a leading zero? Basically, if it is 4-digits already it will appear as is (ex. 1234), but if it is only 3-digits it will look like this: 0111. Any help you can prov...

tables and numbering
I have created a six column table in Publisher. The items in each column (or cell) are numbered items using " bullets/numbers". The first three columns are listing items by number 1,2,3, etc. However in the last three columns they are acting like they are linked: first column lists 1,2,3, second column lists 4, third column lists 5. Second and third columns should begin with listing "1". The formatting under the bullets/numbering option seems to be formatted correctly. Any ideas? Suggestions? Do a return, then another return, the next column will revert to one...

Combobox looking for data in a table and write to another
I have two comboboxes on my forms. One is Gender that has values stored in the Row Souce. This one works fine. I can scroll through record and select a value (male of female), then it will be saved into the Employee table. I can also scroll through records and it will display whatever saved value in the table on the same combobox. On my Order form, I have an Employee combobox which will find value from Employee table. My question is how I can save the selected value into the Order table? Thanks to any response, Guangdew -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Code will work on one table and form but not on another?
I have some code that opens a form. If the code is based on one table and form it works fine. If I try to run the same code against another table with only the table and destination form names changed the form opens but doesn't show any records. Could someone help me where to start looking please. Below (for those who want to read it!) is the two sets of code: Thanks for anyone who can help, I was hoping to get this to bed befiore Christmas :-( Tony This DOESN'T work: Private Sub Command35_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command35_Click Dim strsql As String Dim strt...

pivot won't update.
Hi, I’v got a pivot table in excel. Last night I made some updates in the database by the pivot won’t update. Both the pivot and the database are in the same excel file but different sheets. I’m using Office 07 S2. I tried to refresh manually or automatically but nothing works. Also, when I double click on any pivot cell, I get the old database before the last changes. Can anyone help? ...

How can I calculate a percentage of a YES/NO field in a Pivot Tab
I have a list of data and one of the fields is YES, Recommend Our Company or NO, Don't Recommend Our Company. We are trying to calculate the percentage of YES answers and use the result in a pivot table. The YES/NO answers are part of a list of other customer survey questions that we are mapping in a pivot table. In summary, I need to see % of YES answers by customer type in my pivot table. Any recommendations. =COUNTIF(range,"YES")/COUNTA(range) formatted as %. Not sure what this has to do with charting. Jerry Robert Mitchell wrote: > I have a list of data and ...

How to Insert Table of Contents

Pivot Table Page Field value from cell in another worksheet
I have looked through the other posts on the subject and the combination of my low skills in VB and the other solutions not exactly covering my situation means I still need to ask for help. Scenario: Worksheet a = "Scorecard" FieldName = "CustomerNumber" Worksheet b = "Products Resume" PivotTable = "PivotTable2" PivotTable Page Field = "Account Number" When CustomerNumber value on worksheet "Scorecard" is changed I need the Pivot Table Page field "Account Number" to use this value to filter the pivot t...

Unknown operation on table 'rvlrmPmntDocKeysMSTR' in GP 10.0
When trying to post a cash receipts batch in Sales, get the message "An unknown operation on table 'rvlrmPmntDocKeysMSTR' could not find a record". Status of batch then displays as Posting Interrupted says to go to Batch Recovery to finish posting but when I go to Batch Recovery and try to continue it, it gives the same message (go to Batch Recovery). Also tried to find the table mentioned and could not find it. Any suggestions? Is this a 3rd party application or a customization? If so, you need to contact the ISV for support. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS...

Pivot Tables #3
Has anyone encountered the issue below? Upon "PivotTable" refresh, an error message occurs "The Pivot Table Field Name is not valid. To create a Pivot Tbale report, you must use the data that is organized as a list with the labeled columns. If you are changing the name of the Pivot Table field, you must type a new name for the field. Basically, the Pivot Table feature stops working at this point. Andrew Do you have any blank cells in the heading row? That would cause that error message to appear. Andrew Seto wrote: > Has anyone encountered the issue below? > &g...

Print list of tables
Is it possible to print a list of tables in a database. I am using Access XP with Visual Basic 6.0 SP5. I would like to print the list from either program. -- Thanks in advance bob robert11@mountaincable.net There is a built-in documenter on the Tools menu. In A2007, it's on the Database Tools tab of the ribbon. If you want something more powerful: http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/csdtools.html If you just want a query that returns the local tables: SELECT MsysObjects.Name FROM MsysObjects WHERE (([Type] = 1) AND ([Name] Not Like "~*") A...

Inserting Data from form into table
I am trying to populate a table from a form that I am pulling information in from other tables. I am trying to get it when I enter the date that it will insert the information into the table. I am getting an errror (There was an error adding the record.3001, Arguments are of the wrong tyype, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another). I have check the spell and the names in my module and every thing seems to be ok. Could somebody please help me firgure out why I am getting this error. Below is my Module: Private Sub dated_AfterUpdate() Dim sql As S...

results table dilemma -part 2
hi again, in addition to my previous post, what formula can you suggest for me to be able to find matching dates and the dates of the week before. thanks, -- "excel newbie" "melmac" wrote: > .. what formula can you suggest for me to be > able to find matching dates and the dates of the week before. As explained in the response to your earlier post, the criteria could be something like this: > In your results sheet, > Assume a specific date will be input in A2 > In B2: > =IF($A$2="","",IF(AND(A!B2>=$A$2-7,A!B2<=$A$2),ROW(),...

Sales/Purchases Tax Master (TX00201) table
Dynamics GP 9.0 There are two user defined fields (TXUSRDF1 and TXUSRDF2) in the Sales/Purchases Tax Master (TX00201) table but I can not find a screen that gives access to these. Can someone point me in the right direction? -- ToddR ToddR: I see those fields in the TX00201 table but they do not appear on the window by default when you go into Tools>Setup>Company>Tax Details. I was able to go into modifier and add those two fields to the window and when I added them to the window and made them editable I was able to get them on the window and type in a value for both of th...

Table Data on Chart.
Hi How should we make the pivot chart on EXCEL, which contains the (char)data from two different work sheets? The data from the table are on two work sheets. Is there a way to select the cells from two different excel work sheets and then make a single Chart? Bill. Hi AFAIK you'll need a contiguous area for pivot tables/charts -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany BSena wrote: > Hi > > How should we make the pivot chart on EXCEL, which contains the > (char)data from two different work sheets? > The data from the table are on two work sheets. > Is there a way t...

child table showing #deleted
strange events are a happening in my database. been running for over 5 years and first time this has happened. I dont know the cause as a users has done something in a child table the entire records fields show as #deleted. i opened the table and deleted the record. however when i sort the table the next record is chnaged to show all fields as #deleted. any ideas on why this is happening and how to fix it and how to prevent it in the future. thanks richard Richard, this sounds like a corrupt record. It's not common, but it does happen. If you can't delete this row, the s...

How do I get data (tables) from IE to export to an EXCEL sreadshee
I have been trying to get IE to export a database table to EXCEL. It will not do it. I can right click on the body of the data and say EXPORT to EXCEL - but it won't export or go to the clipboard. How can I get it to do that? From Excel try data>get external data>new web query Regards, Peo Sjoblom "WebgirlMD" wrote: > I have been trying to get IE to export a database table to EXCEL. It will > not do it. > > I can right click on the body of the data and say EXPORT to EXCEL - but it > won't export or go to the clipboard. > > How can I...

Calculate date based on other table
Below are my 2 tables:- Table1 ItemID (primary key) Days Table 2 Serial number(primary key) ItemID dateExpired I need the dateExpired to be auto calculated when I enter the ItemID. The dateExpired is today's date + the days in the table 1...May I know the way? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200705/1 It would be a good idea to create an index for the ItemID field in Table 2 You did not say whether there is a form involved of if you are doing recordset processing or if this is being done in a query. Where you...

Word 2007
I have created several tables in a Word document. I would like to know if there is a way to copy the table formatting from one table to the next while still mainiting the information that is currently in the table. Well, one way you could do this would be to:- - click in the Table - TableTools - Design contextual tab - Table Styles group - choose a Style in here and then apply the same Style to the other Tables that you have. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Sammy" wrote: > I have created several tables in a Word d...

Pivot Table Help #2
I have a sheet that I use to keep track daily of the value of inventory by day, and grouped by week. The value of the inventory is tracked by three different subgroups. (Below is an example). On my piviot table the values are grouped by type and by week. So what I get is a five day average of each Type by week, which is exactly what I want. My averages are as follows: M $796091.00 O $615069.00 R $3180669.00 =================== Grand Totals $1530609.00 The grand totals are where I need help. The grand total is an average of the avaerages. Is it possible to display a sum of the av...

can excel view drill throughs in a pivot table
I'm building pivot tables in Excel 2000 based on data cubes from SQL 2000 Analysis Services. Is there anyway to view the drill down from the data fields in a Excel pivot table? I try doubleclicking in a data field cell and get a message saying that I can only get detail from rows or columns. -- ************************************************* Andy S. MCSE NT/2000, MCDBA SQL 7/2000 andymcdba1@noreply.yahoo.com Please remove "noreply" before replying. ************************************************* Oh, the message you are receiving is because you are clicking on a ...

Dimension Update and Pivot table report
I have an Excel (03) Report file which uses Analysis Services (SP4) Cube. Works fine still using AS 2000 not 2005. When I make any changes to Dimension and process Dim. and Cube Excel file doesn't takes my Dim changes... I have to take (drag) the changed Dim. back to field list and bring it back to report.... then only it works.....problem is we have 100s of Excel Cube Reports. Error I get: The item Could not be found in OLAP Cube. Thank you - Ashok ...