Pivot Table 05-12-10

I want to format a pivot table in such that each of the blank cells in a
column can be formatted to be blank instead of the words (blank) in the cell.

On May 12, 11:19=A0am, dwake <dw...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I want to format a pivot table in such that each of the blank cells in a
> column can be formatted to be blank instead of the words (blank) in the c=
ell.

Instead of blank, what about invisible?

Use a conditional formatting that changes values that equal (blank) to
a white font, the values will no longer appear in the worksheet,
unless highlighted of course.

HTH,
Reeza
0
Reeza
5/12/2010 9:40:42 PM
Hi

Click on the field and de-select Blank
--
Regards
Roger Govier

dwake wrote:
> I want to format a pivot table in such that each of the blank cells in a
> column can be formatted to be blank instead of the words (blank) in the cell.
0
Roger

format of excel file to be counted as Table for Access
While importing external data, there is an option of importing an excel file in the form of a Table. Though a table in Access also has headings & data below it, what does the utility expect an excel file to contain? Thanks ...

Make Table Query
I have a Macro and at the end of the Macro I have a Make Table Query that I would like to automatically save as todays date in the current database. Does anybody have an idea on how I can do this? On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 11:40:24 -0700, dswiders@gmail.com wrote: >I have a Macro and at the end of the Macro I have a Make Table Query >that I would like to automatically save as todays date in the current >database. Does anybody have an idea on how I can do this? A date is just a field value. Saving today's date as a Table is almost certainly VERY bad design. Why do an expensive, awk...

Rules #10
I have tried to create a rule in Outlook that gives an "Out of the Office" reply when I am on vacation and I cannot get it to work. Here are the conditions that I set up in the rule: (1) Apply this rule after the message arrives (2) when recieved through the (My account was specified in the rule description box) account and (3) reply using (a specified template was chosen in the rule description box). After I created the rule, I pressed Finished, and then opened up the Rules Wizared from the pull down menu, under Tools. I then checked the box next to the rule I made (i...

Pivot chart and Total row
Hi All I have a Pivot table and attached Pivot chart (all good so far). However, there are three columns (drop column details here) which are the two columns of data and a grand total column (showing the average of my two data columns) When I turn it into a pivot chart it does not display the grand total column as well (is there a way to do this). I have tried to go into the chart options but these are locked. I can copy and paste the results but this is a bit clumsy. Any suggestions - any help greatly appreciated Kind regards Rexmann PS using excel 2003 ...

Data Validation 05-08-10
I’m doing data validation on a group of cells. At the moment all the names of the employees appear on the drop down list for those cells, but what I need is to compare those names to a day-off list where the people who are off on that day appear. If their names appear on the day-off list then they should not appear on my data validation cells. In other words I have colA-colG with the names of the week, Mon-Sun. I have 30 rows. The first 15 rows are for my data validation and they are drop downs of the people who are working on that day. The source for those rows comes from a ...

Embedding Word table in Excel cell
Is there any way in which I can embed a small MS Word table in an Excel cell? Thanks. -- Larry Lester Copy / paste as a picture. Pictures can always be re-sized and re-positioned -- Gary's Student "Larry Lester" wrote: > Is there any way in which I can embed a small MS Word table in an Excel cell? > Thanks. > -- > Larry Lester Gary's reply works for pasting the table in as a graphic object _on_ an XL sheet, but you cannot paste a graphic into a cell as cell content. If you simply Paste to a cell, the corresponding number of cells will be filled with th...

Null or NOT in another table
Hello. I have a query that verifies that required fields in my records are populated and correct. Right now it returns the records that have required fields=NULL. some of the fields need to be verified for legal values from another table as well. So I need to return values where the value of field [Tag]! [function_code] is not in [WM_GOC_Conversion]![Function_Code] My current query is a datasheet with autoformat that marks the null- fields with yellow background. I'd like to be able to mark the wrong information with red text, but first I need to have a query that return the...

Can't receive emails 08-11-10
Account: 'Xnet', Server: 'pop3.xnet.co.nz', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Cannot connect to POP server 58.28.4.111 (58.28.4.111:110), connect error 10061', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90 Now it's: Account: 'Xnet', Server: 'pop3.xnet.co.nz', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 "JetgirlNZ" wrote: > Account: 'Xnet', Server: 'pop3.xnet.co.nz', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: > '...

updating and underlying table field with a combo box selection
I want to use an ID value from a combo box on a subform to update the same ID value in the form's underlying table. My main form is: frm_Street_Joiner_Main My Subform is: frm_Street_Joiner_Sub My Subform table is: tbl_Street_Joiner My Mainform is: frm_Street_Joiner_Main The combo box on my subform is called: StreetName, with a column count of two but the bound column is the actual street name. SELECT QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master.Street_Names, QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master.StreetNameID FROM QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master ORDER BY QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master.Street_Names, QR...

Live Mail 05-05-10
I just updated my windows mail to windows live mail. Some how it deletes some messages before going into inbox. For example, an email from my sister with a doc attachment showed in unread mail folder and then disappeared. Same thing with an email from my bank that had no attachment. I have set up the view to show all. I am operating in vista home premium 32 bit. As I do not know how to setup live mail forum, I am posting here. I am confident that there will be help available here. -- Best Regards Noor Motani I see that you were able to post to the Windows Mail newsgroup=2...

Only allow messages from 10 IP addresses
We have an anti-SPAM service where we set our MX records on the Internet for their servers which filters our email for us then forwards the mail to us - Works great. We also have the Exchange 2003 SP1 server setup so it does not route SMTP mail out - works great. A problem we have is that some spam houses and infected computers seem to know our Exchange Server's IP address and that it is the mail server for MYDOMAIN.COM so they can still SPAM us by connecting via SMTP and sending mail to our_users@mydomain.com which the server naturally accepts since it is not routing. We want to...

MatrixAttributeDisplayOrder table cleanup
With the migration from 1.3 to 2.0 the MatrixAttributeDisplayOrder table was created for all matrixs. It looks like many extra entries were created in the conversion process. It appears that the conversion issue has been resolved with SP1. How can I cleanup this table with out deleating and redefining all these matrixs? Currently some of these matrixes take 30 to 45 min. to open up under manager do to the extra entries. Thanks TomT ...

Re: 05-20-10
"Shannon Dwayne Lagrange" <shannon@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:... >dirtrhoads@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Index and Match 05-10-10
Hello All, This is on Excel 2007 I would like to see if the array formula below can be changed to check for another criteria. Want this currently does is finds all occurances of cell AL527(despatch note) and matches that with the sheet "Data" col N (despatch note) and the result is taken from sheet "Data" col E (qty). If no match found then the result is "" The reason the ROW 3 at the end has $ is it helps with copying the formula as I am using it for Columns rather than rows, I could not find a formula that worked for colums. {=IFERROR(INDEX(...

Error on Navigation Bar 05-07-04
On one of my client PCs the navigation bar does not work correctly. After two or three clicks on the bar I got the following error; yet the GoTo in the menu bar is working fine. Line: 69 Char: 4 Error: Permission denied Code: 0 URL: http://w-mscrm/bar_bottom.aspx?startPage=Home Please help!.. I am receiving this error too, any help would be appreciated! ...

Retrieving the Top 10 of the Average of Two columns, but displaying a third
I'm new to Excel programing, so please bear with me. I have an excel spreadsheet with 3 columns. Column1 Column2 Column3 -------------------------------------- John Doe 5 3 Jane Smith 2 9 Bill Smith 4 2 What I need to do is take the average of Column 2 and 3, find the highest average of the entire list and display Column 1 as the final result. In other words: I need to create a Top 5 List of the people with the highest grade average. I don't care much for displaying the grade, I just need the top 5...

A Crystal Beginner

Form to table data
Firstly I'd like to thank all of those helping guys like me. Thanks a million, you're helping more than you think. This is the scenario. I have three tables which were automatically turned into forms. Table 1 = ChanceryTable Table 2 = ProtocolTable Table 3 = CoupleTable I start out at a form (Protocol Form) that works from the "Protocol Table". When I go to the Couple's Form (working off the CoupleTable) from the Protocol Form I'd like for the newly created "Protocol Number" to be consistent with the new couple info that is going to be added to th...

excel dates 03-25-10
how do i change #(1-365) to the corresponding date in excel? It depends on what result you want. If the number is 1, what date do you want? 1/1/2010? With your number in a1, try the following: =date(2010,1,a1) If that doesn't do what you want, post back with what you want to achieve. Regards, Fred "king2385" <king2385@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD3502E1-F28B-4FD5-8637-478EF98E6F66@microsoft.com... > how do i change #(1-365) to the corresponding date in excel? ...

cant send emails 01-25-10
I get this error message. The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: INFORMATION URGENT, Account: 'MALBIS', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E can you please help me. Change your port to 587 and verify your other settings against these . . . Live.com Settings: Server names and ports: POP3 = pop3.live.com Port = 995 SMTP = smtp.live.com Port = 587 Checkboxes you need to check include: Server Tab: "My server requires authentication" (C...

MS chart control for VC++9 03-13-10
I am trying to use MSchart control in my Visual C++9, However, the MS chart control in not available in activex list!. I ve downloaded the MS chart control for APS. Net but I couldnt use it with my VC++ programs. Is there any clue? thanks On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 17:50:52 -0800, Azed <user@msgroups.net/> wrote: >I am trying to use MSchart control in my Visual C++9, However, the MS chart control in not available in activex list!. I ve downloaded the MS chart control for APS. Net but I couldnt use it with my VC++ programs. >Is there any clue? >thanks > >--- >frmsrcur...

Certification
I would like to know details about the Microsoft CRM Customization Exam. I am a Application certified professional and I would like to know if the 2 exams are similar. Is the exam too difficult? Which is harder? The Application exam or the Customization exam? Thanks! -- Troy D. Chinula is the guy! http://www.ilovelive.com Microsoft CRM 3.0 certification will be available in February - I think so. I will also do that . Add me on msn mscrmexpert@gmail.com for more ... -- All about Microsoft CRM 3.0- read http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com "MATTBIONDI" wrote: > I would li...

Business Cards #12
I would like to create a Business card with a photo from my camera, for a background. How small of a file do I need to use? I want the whole Business card used for the photo. It will be like a watermark. Tankeryanker <Tankeryanker@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I would like to create a Business card with a photo from my camera, > for a background. How small of a file do I need to use? I want the > whole Business card used for the photo. It will be like a watermark. You can use any size photo under 16MB. Note that when using Publisher 2000 and ...

Missing Checks in Reconcilation after upgrade to GP 10
Recently we have upgraded to GP 10. Today we went to reconcile the bank and there are no outstanding checks available to clear prior to 10/14/2009, which is the date of the first check run after the upgrade. You can review the outstanding list through a smart list so I know they are in the database. How come the outstanding checks prior to the upgrade are not showing up in the reconciliation module? Do we have a new set-up option with GP10 we don't know about? ...