Pivot Options Disappearing!

I created a pivot table which displays data for January Through December.  I
ran a tesxt and deselected the "Show All" check box so that I can just
display Jan, Feb, and March data. When I go to reselect April - December data
those options are no longer available! How do I get excel to keep those items
on the list so that they can be selected later?
Thanks!
0
Jenn (91)

There's no Unhide option for the data fields. Once you uncheck a field,
it's removed from the pivot table. To see it again, you can drag the
field back in from the field list

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Exchange ESUTIL Options
I have an exchange 2000 server which I inherited from another administrator that has a 12 GB EBD on a 20 gig drive. I know that I need to have users delete or archive their e-mails and then run ESUTIL. In Exchange 2000 you can have 2 Stores. Can I create 1 store and have mail go into that while defragging the other EDB and then either A. Run both stores at the same time or B combine the stores so no mails are lost. I have been Google ‘in for quite a while and haven't found anything concrete. Thanks in advance for your help. Erin You might want to read up on running...

Delivery Options #2
We have Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 and the Delivery Option does not work: "Do not deliver before:" Is there a reason for this? Not in cached mode nor online mode. Thanks, Exchange2003 On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 11:00:03 -0700, Exchange2003 <Exchange2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 and the Delivery Option does not work: >"Do not deliver before:" > >Is there a reason for this? > >Not in cached mode nor online mode. > >Thanks, >Exchange2003 It works on a very vanilla install. Probably need to go t...

Index & Match on Pivot Table
Hi, I'm using Office 97 - and was wondering if there is a way to do an Index (Match), (Match) type function on a Pivot Table? I've tried it - but I get a #value error. Does anyone know a way around this? Nelson Nelson wrote: > Hi, > > I'm using Office 97 - and was wondering if there is a way to do an Index > (Match), (Match) type function on a Pivot Table? > > I've tried it - but I get a #value error. Does anyone know a way around > this? > > Nelson > > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextur...

ODBC drivers disappeared
I am not able to see any Microsoft ODBC drivers in the ODBC tool. I checked the registry and it seems like they are properly configured in the registry, and the DLL's exist and are in the correct place. I have reinstalled Office 2007, and then tried to use Office 2010 Beta just in case it was an issue with 2007. I do have other drivers (ie SQL Server), but none of the Office Drivers (and I need the Excel driver). I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7. I was able to see the drivers in Vista, but after upgrading to Windows 7, I cannot get them to appear (even after reinstal...

My Message Icon Disappeared (.msg)
I have a couple of emails I've copied to the desktop. They had an envelope icon clearly identifying them as email messages. Now they're just plain white boxes, though their extension is still .msg, and they open fine. It's Outlook 2007 on Vista, and their properties don't have the option to Change Icon. I looked in the Registry under .msg, but I'm not sure what should be there. Any help on how to get the icon back? ...

No Reply Option
Can anyone tell me how to send an email that does not give recipients an option to reply? You can't. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:844d01c48546$6746e1c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how to send an email that does not give > recipients an option to reply? ...

"Show Placeholder" feature in options/view doesnt work
I have a macro that places a large number of pictures on a spreadsheet. I would like the pictures to show as "placeholders" to speed up viewing/editing. The only problem is that this feature (under Tools/Options/View) does not work. All the images are being display normally. I have tried this in Excel 2000/2003/XP with the same result. This feature works great in MS Word. Please help. To see what I'm talking about. Go to Tools/Options/View and check the "Show Placeholders" option. Now insert a picture or clipart. The image will be displayed normally instead of just a b...

move files and folers option
I had to perform recovery on my computer and after doing so, when I right click on a file or folder the option to move or copy to is gone. I cannot move files or folders from another location. Also cannot transfer from cd or flash drive to computer. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me! On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 13:56:01 -0800, B.J. <BJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I had to perform recovery What does "perform recovery" mean? Exactly how did you do this? > on my computer and after doing so, when I right > click on a file or folder ...

Filter option not working
Unable to get the filter option to work after selecting 'Protect and Share Worksheet Have completed all the steps in relation to Format - Cells, but even though the cells are not locked the filter option can not be use How can I get this to work? Hi gianni While you are protecting the Sheet Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet Below are the rights that you can allow/Disallow all users. Check "Use Auto Filter" regards >-----Original Message----- >Unable to get the filter option to work after selecting 'Protect and Share Worksheet' >Have completed all the s...

How do you get a TRUE refresh of a Pivot table
Oh Pivot tables are so good and boy, do they save on calc time and size of file! BUT.........I notice that if some of the data it relies on is changed, by some magic, it still remembers the old data and, that old data will also be shown in the table unless you physically delete those references using the drop downs. I have found that sometimes you can clear the old references by re-running the wizard backwards as it seems to refresh those references. But that doesn't work in all situations. Is there a way to remove old references automatically AND how is it possible that they still exist?...

No Group dialog box appear when working in Pivot Table
I'm trying to group a range of dates in pivot table. According to help files a dialog box should appear when selecting Group..., but nothing happens except a grouping of the entire marked range. How do I go about in order to make the Grouping dialog box show? Best Regards PerD > PerD, This might be something particular to my set-up (XL2K), but I have to build the table initially by specifying the data range *exactly* (click'n'drag on the worksheet) for grouping dates to be an option. If I use a blanket source (eg: A:B) it won't cut it. Try it again from scratch, the...

formula in a pivot table?
Hello guys, is that true that excel-pivot is only able to sum (meanvalue is no selectable) from a formula made table. usually you put by drag and dro the data field into your table. but you also can put by hand a formula which is quit useful sometimes. after lunching the data-field in your pivot you can say pleasy show me the minimum or the meanvalue. It looks like that is not possible when you create a data-field using formula. then excel is just able to sum that ****... do you have any other idea?? cheers, filipu -- filipu ------------------------------------------------------------...

Pivot tables- 0 counts don't display
How can I get a 0 counts to display in the pivot chart and subsequent graphs. Thanks to Debra for answering my last question, it was a big help! You could enter a dummy record for each combination in the table, and leave the door field blank. For example: door floor core doortype 1 1 1 2 1 1 3 1 1 These records will be displayed in the column and row area, but won't be counted in the data area, where 'Count of Door' is used. Jim wrote: > How can I get a 0 counts to display in the pivot chart > and subs...

Pivot Tables: New dimension members show up checked in dropdown
I've noticed that when distinct new members are added to dimension dat they show up as checked in a dropdown list when the pivot table i refreshed. Is there anyway to disable this so that they don't show up (pre checked? Basically, I have a model that depends on a subset of the members which I have checked in a dropdown, and the rest are unchecked - an when a distinct new member is added it automatically shows up a checked in the dropdown list, which gives me wrong answers. E.g. I have Stock Tickers as a dimension and avg. price as the measure I have 10,000 Distinct Tickers of whic...

messages disappeared...
This is a strange one. I had employee who set up outlook 2003 on his desktop recently and when he connected to the exchange server, a pop up message asked if he wanted to use the rules on the server or client. I am not sure which one he selected, however, as he was doing this, he watched about 2 months of e-mail disappear from his inbox. I am not sure if he kept outlook open or shut it down at this point. I asked him for his password and I logged into a test machine here at corp. I used uncached mode, got the same pop up message regarding the client/server rules, then watched one month of ...

How do you turn the Paste Options Button off on Mac Operating systems.?
Version: 2008 I have worked with PCs for a long time and know how to turn the Paste Options Button off, but do not know how to do it on my Mac computer. <br> Thanks for your help! Hello, On 2009.12.16 9:11, in article 59baf1f3.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "clannom@officeformac.com" <clannom@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have worked with PCs for a long time and know how to turn the Paste Options > Button off, but do not know how to do it on my Mac computer. Go to the Word - Preferences command (this is the equivalent of the Windows version's "...

Pivot table field settings--ghosted out
I'm MS-Excel 2003 pivot tables which connect to an OLAP database. I a trying to set my subtotals in the pivot table to "AVERAGE". Currently they're defaulting to the "SUM" setting. I right click on the cell (I do this for both the cell and the cel heading...same result) and select "FIELD SETTINGS". This brings up th Pivot table field window. The only options that I have that are no ghosted out are "AUTOMATIC" and "NONE". I understand that I need to tick the CUSTOM radio button under th Subtotal heading, but i am unable to do so...

Tools/Options/View/Zero Value
Under Tools/Options/... I set up the defaul drive in G (net work drive). Today, the network drive is down and I am working on C drive. I'd like the worksheet doesn't show zero values when viewing it, so I unchecked the box "zero values". But it keeps giving me the message "Cannot access directory G:\excel\...", and the zero values are still there. How can I by pass this message and the zero values would not show? Thanks. Mia ...

No Options
I want to send an email with the "Approve/Disapprove" option. But when I open to start a new email message, my options is greyed out and I cannot select it. Thanks. Are you using Outlook Rich Text Format to send the message? It is required for voting buttons to work. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Cowbell asked: | I want to send an emai...

The payment terms discount field needs a "Next Month" option.
If a vendor bills on a monthly basis with a 2% 10th net 30 term, an invoice dated 5/2/06 would be due 5/10/06 for the discount. The due field has a drop-down for "Next Month", which allows the ultimate due date to be pushed into the next month's date cycle. The discount date field needs this same option - otherwise any invoices dated between the 1st and the 9th will have a discount date of the 10th in the same month. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click ...

Lost Save As option
I upgraded to the Panther OS. Shortly thereafter, I lost the Save As option in Word v.x I don't know if the two are related or not. Please help. In article <115d801c3f4a3$d71e0020$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "JamiJ" <editor@thetrucker.com> wrote: > I upgraded to the Panther OS. Shortly thereafter, I lost the Save As > option in Word v.x I don't know if the two are related or not. Please > help. They're not related. Choose Tools/Customize and in the Toolbar tab, select Menu Bar (make sure the name is highlighted, not just the checkbox checked). Click ...

How do I distinguish between upper and lower case with pivot tabl.
How do I distinguish between upper and lower case items when creating a pivot table, e.g. a list of warehosue names which have combinations of both upper and lower case, lower case being one type of warehouse and the upper case ones representing a different type What you could do is add a column to the original table that attaches a "1" in front of every warehouse name whose first character is upper case. =IF(CODE(LEFT(A2))<91,1&A2,A2) And fill down. Then use this new column in your pivot table. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >How do I dist...

Pie chart handles in the pivot table don't function
Hi All: I have a pie chart which activates off a pivot table. I want to expand the pie chart size so that I can see it better, and I can't get the "pull" handles to work? Please advise. Really need this one answered right waay, as I am missing a deadline! Thanks, Hazel Hi, I don't believe you can resize the plotarea for a pie chart, or in fact any chart, when it is linked to a pivot table. You will need to make your own chart based on the cells. But don't you the mouse to select the cells otherwise it will create an automatic link to the pivot table and ...

Disappearing/Greyed Charts
I am putting together a business case model that requires a number of charts/graphs. A few days ago the charts, which I had embedded within the relevant tabs, were no longer visible when clicking on the relevant tab. They appear as grey rectangles until clicked, when the chart then becomes visible. I have tried deleting and creating new charts but the same problem occurs. What can I do to stop this from happening. I do not wish to recreate the workbook as it took weeks to create. Hi, Go Tools > Options > View. Set Objects > Show All. Cheers Andy Absurd Jewel wrote: >...

exchange server 2003 backup options
Hello all, My company and I are trying to come up with a solution for having a backup system for our primary exchange server should it go down. We have a second windows 2003 standard server online. I am afraid of major complications if we just load exchange 2003 server on this other server. I am sure there must be another way to do this. Would appreciate any help on this. Thnaks, Gwen "Gwen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1913501c44c92 $890ddda0$a401280a@phx.gbl: > My company and I are trying to come up with a solution > for having a bac...