Pivot Items

Hey guys

I ahve a pivot table referencing a large range of data.
Because of this I have many available fields to chose
from.  Most of these fields are not in the actual pivot
table but are there.  How do I display a list of all the
available fields to chose from?

Thank you
Todd Huttenstine
0
anonymous (74722)

Todd, in Excel 2000 and above, available fields are listed on the Pivot
Table toolbar. If you don't see it on screen, click a cell in the pivot
table and View > Toolbars > Pivot Table. If necessary, click the Display
Fields button on the Pivot Table toolbar.

Alternatively, you can click a cell in the pivot table and Data > Pivot
Table. This displays the Pivot Table Wizard, Step 3 (in Excel 2000, at
least). Click the Layout button to display the pivot table grid and all
available pivot table fields.

DDM
"DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks"
www.ddmcomputing.com

"Todd Huttenstine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey guys
>
> I ahve a pivot table referencing a large range of data.
> Because of this I have many available fields to chose
> from.  Most of these fields are not in the actual pivot
> table but are there.  How do I display a list of all the
> available fields to chose from?
>

> Thank you
> Todd Huttenstine

0
DDMara (266)
4/27/2004 7:25:23 PM
Hi Todd - Right click on the table and select Show Field List at the bottom.
This should bring up the table of field values, and from here you can drag them
onto your Pivot table.

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

"Todd Huttenstine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey guys
>
> I ahve a pivot table referencing a large range of data.
> Because of this I have many available fields to chose
> from.  Most of these fields are not in the actual pivot
> table but are there.  How do I display a list of all the
> available fields to chose from?
>

> Thank you
> Todd Huttenstine

---

ken.wright (2489)

CListView losing items
Hi, I have a problem with a CListView in report mode. I can add items but when I add the 10:th (or any > #10) item it's subtexts aren't shown, but is rather shown in the last element in the view (sorted by column #1 (ints showing the row number)) so far always the ninth element. result: 1 text 10 11 2 text 3 text 4 text 5 text 6 text 7 text 8 text 9 text corsponding to # 11 I can't figure this one out. Can someone please help me? For something like this you should post some code.. But here is how to fix half of your problem. get the return valu...

Pivot Excel 2007
Hi, Somehow my Pivot table is not summing up rows at the end when I have more than two data field in excel 2007. It does sums up by columns. Does any one knows why? Excel 2007 PivotTable No row sum. Try using PivotTable Type 2. See comparison: http://c0718892.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/05_04_10.xlsx Pdf preview: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dtvyymhyju5/05_04_10a.pdf How & where do you change your Pivot option 1 or 2? "Dinesh" wrote: > Hi, > > Somehow my Pivot table is not summing up rows at the end when I have more > than two data...

pivot tables-changing format
I'm trying to copy my pivot tables directly in to word which in itself is no problem. But I have trouble formatting the cells. For example every time I change something in pivot table to a supper or subscript, it changes back. And I can't get rit of those grey areas in the upper left. I know I could copy out of it and into a spreadsheet, but I guess its always nice to be linked to the original data. I could take adjacent cells to the pivot table and set them equal to the cells in the spreadsheet, so there is an alternative solution. But if you have thoughts a more direct solu...

password protected file with pivot table errors
Hey friends, We have a big problem, around 20% of the times we save workbooks with pivot tables inside and protect them with password for opening the file - the file get ruined! In those times, when we open the file (the password protected file with the tables inside), excel ask me for the pass (ok, I give it) and then say "file opening did not succeeded", and then let me type again, in the second time it opens but give a message saying "there where errors in the file, and changes where made:" (and then a list of my pivot tables saying that fixes made to them). Fr...

edit variable length items in "Access" database tables
In my database table I am holding a variable length item in a database record; the item may be from two to six alphabetic characters long. Trailiing spaces pad the item where required. To print out the item in a report, the item itself is sandwiched between two fixed-length items separated by an oblique stroke, (forward slash): - ***/variable length/***. How can I suppress the trailing spaces in my variable length item when printing results ? Yours Sincerely, CHARLES WALKER Take a look at the RTrim function or even the Trim function. RTrim(SomeField) will trim trailing spaces off a...

Discontiuned inventory items
Once an item in inventory has been marked as discontinued and has a quantity on hand of zero, the user should have the option of removing it from lookup lists throughout the sales order processing and inventory modules WITHOUT removing history for the item and deleting the item. Can you please tell me how to do this? Is there a way to get the quantity to zero so that I can delete it? We are changing part numbers (again). I have over 700 parts in GP's and need only about 75 and I have never, in five years, been able to figure out how to do this. Any help you can give me would ...

matching items #2
Peter I am aware of the using filter on what worksheet, however i am being bit basic with what i am trying to achieve. I need the information t be on a seperate worksheet in a completely different arrangemen basically like a report with the information what i need being shown. am strying to show the principle in what i am trying to do with m quaestion. Thanks anyway. Ton -- tony lindsle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tony lindsley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1499 View this thread: http://www.excelf...

Error "Unable to Read Item" opening .msg files
I am having intermittent problems where a user will have saved a .MSG file from Outlook 2003, and then is unable to open it later. By default, these saved files are marked read-only, and the following error is displayed "Microsoft Office Outlook - You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation." If the read-only option is unchecked, they receive the following error trying to open the file "Microsoft Office Outlook - Unable to read the item." This problem seems to occur randomly to different users. All of my users are using Outlook 20...

select multiple items from dropdown
hello everyone, i have a table which is populated using a form. one of the fields is person's name, the dropdown for which picks up data from a second table (which has an index and person's name). what i want to do is modify the form so that a user can select multiple items from the dropdown, but i havent been able fo find a way to do so. i am using access 2003. i know that access 2007 lets you do that, but i dont have an option of upgrading right now. i would appreciate your suggestions thanks, vc-programmer Create a related table, where you can store many options for one...

Grouping daily transactions by month (using pivot tables), across years
Hello - Could someone please let me know the best way to use a pivot table to group daily transactions into monthly totals. I noticed there is a "Group and Show Detail" option----but it seems to be unable to portray 2 separate Januarys when they fall into two separate years. For instance, if my data is 1/1/07 1000 1/4/07 8000 1/19/08 10000 I just get a total for January, rather than two separate totals for Jan 07 and Jan 08. Is there a way to allow the pivot tables to show Monthly totals, but ensure that I can distinguish between years? Is there possibly a way to in...

Pivot table grouping problem #2
I have a pivot table that will not group numbers in a column. ie: Year Group 2004 2005 10 2 10 1 11 5 11 3 12 8 12 10 Why won't these rows combine and look like: Year Group 2004 2005 10 1 2 11 3 5 12 10 8 All other columns group fine when I try them, but the group column does not. Any ideas? Sheryl ...

Can I arrange items on my clipboard in a specific order?
Is it possible to change the arrangement of items in my clipboard to a certain order to make it more usable for me? Thanks! ...

Reading other users 'sent items' folders
Hi all, When using delegate access - Is there 'any' way of granting access for others to view the sent items folder? This does not appear as an option. Alternatively is there any other method to implement this? Many thanks - ras - Hi Craig! In Outlook you can right-click on Sent Items, select Properties, open Permissions tab and delegate appropriate permissions for other users. R.V. "Craig Pilkington" wrote: > Hi all, > > When using delegate access - Is there 'any' way of granting access for > others to view the sent items folder? This does n...

Tracking PST items in CRM
I have a user who wishes to track email that's stored in a PST file on his computer in CRM. When he clicks the "Track in CRM" button, he gets an error message about it not being in an active folder or something similar. Is it possible to track PST items in CRM? Thanks in advance. Only the default Outlook/Exchange/PST folder is being synch with Microsoft CRM. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Herb Powell" wrote: > I have a user who wishes to track email that's stored in a PST file on his > computer in CRM. When he clicks ...

Help needed arranging data for a pivot table
I have a very large table in excel that I need to create a pivot tabl for, but can't seem to arrange the data correctly. Here's what th table looks like: There are about 20 "type" columns across the top and down the side are dates. For each day each of the columns ha about 20 prices. So a big block of mostly price data is added eac day. Do I have to have all of the prices in one column if I want t view different "types" side by side in a pivot table? If so, I woul have many many times the 65,000 rows that excel allows. This als seems ridiculously redundant. ...

Startup Item pops up twice, taskbar color flips
On an Acer Aspire One, I put a notepad TO DO file in All Users Startup and it comes up twice. On this machine, I also have a wierdness in that the taskbar sometimes comes up Blue XP and others grey (like Win 98). - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2 ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows...

Pivot Tables
What is the diffence between "Count Numbers" and "Count" in Pivot Tables? I am finding that "Count Numbers" in Pivot tables is like "Count" in formulas, and "Count" in Pivot tables is like "CountA" in formulas. Is this true? I think you have it! It's like what you find in the statusbar, too. RS wrote: > > What is the diffence between "Count Numbers" and "Count" in Pivot Tables? I > am finding that "Count Numbers" in Pivot tables is like "Count" in formulas, ...

Error: "A failure may have corrupted the content of the item..."
Hi there! In Outlook 2002, when replying back to an email, getting error message: "A failure may have corrupted the content of the item. Copy the content to a new item, or save the item as a text file or RTF file." Has anyone ever heard of this? If so, please let me know!!! thanks!!! cat I have a user who is experiencing the same problem when trying to reply to an HTML formatted email. Using Outlook 2000. I attempted to "repair" the Office installation, with no effect. Does anyone have an answer for this one? ...

Count items in cel
Okay, here's my problem: In my excel-list I have 3 codes: "l","s" and "ls". l is the equivalent of 1,50 euro s the equivalent of 1 euro ls is thus 2,50 euro The codes are entered during the month. At the end of the month I want to see how much someone has to pay. So if that's 3 times "l", 2 times "s" and 1 time "ls" that would be 9 euro. How do I do that in a formula? Thanks in advance! =(LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"1s","")))/2 gives the number of "1s" values in A1 =LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"...

Changing Pivot Table Value Field Settings
Hi All, I'm using the Visual Reports feature in MS Project that produces reports based on Excel pivot tables connected to cubes produced by Project. I know that when using a cube as the data source I (unfortunately) cannot use a calculated field, so I'm trying to change the Value Field Setting instead, but the result is always the same, it just produces #N/A. In Project, I've selected to use the Assignment Usage cube. In Excel I have made the following selections: Row Label = Resources Column Labels = Values Values = Baseline Work, Actual Work What I'm trying to do is disp...

Tracking items to Cases
Hi.. We're busy trying to learn as much as we can but a few things seem to have us beat... I've searched the groups so decided to ask if you good folks can help! At the moment we mostly use the Service side of CRM... so we quite often have emails come in which we then tag the 'regarding' field to a case in CRM... The problem is that the 'lookup' box for Cases shows *EVERY* case... not just the 'Open' cases.... This is utterly impractical when you have 100's or 1000's of cases... Can anyone point me in the direction of how we can limit the displ...

Item Integration not populating list price
I am doing and inventory item integration. I can't get the price group, default price level, or the list price to populate. I made sure the list price was put in the currency folder. My price group and price level values do exist. I have tried putting a constant (1.00) into the list price field and that doesn't work either. We are not using extended pricing. Any ideas? Jenny, You will need to have to sources: one for your items and one for your list price. Since list prices are part of the currency collection, IM expects a one to many relationship between the ...

Inventory Items
Is there a way to indicate an item is a drop ship on the inventory card? -- HK Could you use one of the user categories? -- Jim@TurboChef "HK" wrote: > Is there a way to indicate an item is a drop ship on the inventory card? > -- > HK ...

How to disable "delete opportunity" menu item and action?
I have the need to disable the "delete opportunity" functionality, forcing users to "close" the opportunity with a reason. This update needs to be in two places: 1) Sales\Opportunities main screen, where there is the delete "X" on the screen. 2) Opportunity main form, where there is <Action\Delete Opportunity>. Can someone assist with a reference on how to make this happen? Thanks. Steve. Suggest you look at user role settings in order to accomplish this. -Chris There is no supported method to remove the interface elements. However what you c...

Again
This has been an issue for a few weeks now. I have observed not only an arbitrary deletion of a message that came into my Inbox about 2 minutes before, but also seeing the Deleted Items folder being completely emptied. Both actions took place within a few seconds of each other This occured with zero user input from me and there are no user recipient policies in place. The enviroment is Exchange 2000\SP3 under Windows 2k, fully patched Nothing out of the ordinary in event viewer. No recipient message policies. No nothing. Any thoughts? George Do you see vanished messages as rec...