Piviot Tables

I have a few piviot tables that work off a large data
table.

one of the fields I use is "Acct #s"  I have about 200
different acct #s.  I one piviot table I only need to
show 2.  Is there a way to unselect (uncheck) all the
account #s in the drop down so I can go back and just
check the two I need.

Thanks in Advance
0
anonymous (74722)

There are sample macros here that you can use to show or hide the items
in a field:

Excel -- Pivot Tables -- Show and Hide Items

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

How to reference 2 datasets within a table in a Reporting services report
How can i calculate within my report the movements of two columns coming from 2 different datasets within a table in a Reporting services report. The 2 different datasets are MDX queries with exactly the same number of rows but running over 2 different periods. I just want to calculate within the report the different between the two columns data i.e col A - Col B. I am only able to reference one dataset within the table and for the second dataset, I can only reference the Sum of this column measure or the First/Last record of this column measure, but not each data rows of this column ...

Exporting a table from Access 2003 to Excel 2007
I am trying to export a table from Access 2003 with more than 100,000 records into Excel 2007 and am not having any luck. I do not find the 2007 file extension in the drop down and choosing the latest version only exports part of the table. Any thoughts on whether this is possible to do? -- Carol Hi Carol, This is even hard to do with Excel 2007. You won't be able to do it directly with Excel 2003. You could export the file as a comma separated value with a csv suffix. By default Excel usually opens csv files. However you may lose formatting and other stuff. I ju...

make a duplicate table in access and save changes
I have a table that gives the rates of Dearness Allowance.These rates are given for different periods in percentages. ex: 01-01-2009 to 30-06-2009 37% 01-07-2009 to 30-11-2009 45% etc.. This is the default table and is applicable to almost 95% to 97% of employees. I want to make a duplicate of this table and display it in an unbound subform ( which is a continuous form). If the user makes any changes in it, it is then clear that Default rates are not applicable to him. Then, i want to store the data in a new table tblDeviations where i will store the EmployeeId also ...

dynamically filtered pivot table
I'm trying to make a pivot table that will dynamically hide a section o its contents based on a boolean operator the user can set. Becaus this boolean is used in several places, I don't want to require th user to manually set the visibility parameters for the pivot table. It seems like the only way to do this effectively is to have th booleans set by a button, and have the button not only toggle th boolean, but also change the visibility in the pivot table. here's the code i've tried: Sub ToggleButton1_Click() If ToggleButton1.Caption = "Include" Then 'C...

In Access 2007, how do I get a chart to reflect table data?
Am not sure how to get charts to reflect table data. It appears that you can create charts in forms and reports, and there's a chart wizard in which I select a table and fields, but the resulting chart does not have table data in it. Any suggestions? ...

Text in pivot table limited to 255 characters
I am using a pivot table as an efficient way to aggregate text responses from a large data set. However, the pivot table cuts off the text after the first 255 characters (similar to when you copy a worksheet by using the move/copy option). How can I overcome this? I have tried putting the pivot table on the same sheet as the dataset, but that does not work. I should also note that these pivot tables are then fed into an automated report through a complicated set of VLOOKUPs, etc. The pivot table aggregates several questions and responses from many areas of the datset into one discr...

Formatting Pivot Table- when doble clicking to show Detail
He there, Can I modified the format of the detail that I get once I doble click my pivot Table? Or Is there a way that once I dobleclick in my pivot table to obtain the detail, a macro can be fired to apply the format that I want?. ...

pivot table help!
I need some help with an issue I cannot seem to solve! I have a pivot table in Excel that is based off of a data input sheet. The data changes every month and the pivot table is always linked to the specific data tab. When the underlying data changes, the "old data" still displays as options to check in the pivot table. The refresh option does not seem to fix this, nor does the "Save data with table layout" option. I only want the options to check to be current data. For example, my data sheet only has data for July and August, but the pivot table has options to check...

Tables not changing in GP
I have created a GP add-in. The latest version of this app uses 5 new tables, which are created by a process run at "Startup". The tables are created fine in SQL Server, along with the appropriate permissions. My problem is that the resources (Tools > Resources > Tables) for my product still show an old table (which has been renamed in the app) and does not show the new table. Both the changed table and the new one are in the same Table Group as the other tables and they are all in the same series (Purchasing). Before installing my nw chunk I have deleted the old dict...

Pivot Table questions #3
Okay, I'm not that new to Pivot Tables, but normally when I create them, I just live with what I can't figure out. Now I'm wanting to really create some very specific ones. I need two pivot tables that I will be printing essentially as reports. My data looks like this. Store Item Size Qty Price Extension 1 ABC 32 2 9.00 18.00 1 ABC 34 2 9.00 18.00 1 AXX 32 1 10.00 10.00 2 ABC 32 1 9.00 9.00 Okay, what I want is Pivot table that looks like this: Item Size Price Extension 32 34 ABC 3 2 9.00 45.00 AXX 1 10.00 10.00 Total 55.00 So...

excel 07 not displaying all Pivot Table x-axis labels
Recently got a new PC with excel 07. Pivot table charts seem to arbitrarily blank out some x-axis values. Reducing font size does not help. Pivot table charts generated in excel03 and opened in excel07 retain their original display- where all x-axis information is displayed. What do I need to do in 07 to fix this? ...

The number of columns for each row in a table value constructor must be the same.?
I have the following script that inserts rows into the table type and sends the table to the DeleteHeadlines stored procedure. 1. The rows listed below that are inserted into the parameter already exist in the table itself. 2. The stored procedure uses a merge to delete all of the rows if they exist in the source/target. 3. I get the following error on line 11: "The number of columns for each row in a table value constructor must be the same." 4. In order, the tables columns are HeadlineID,HeadlineTitle,HeadlineDescription,HeadlineContent,HeadlineStartDate,H...

updating a query with data from a table
I have a button (cmdcopyfromdisk) on a form (Reports-main), that when clicked creates a table from data in an excel file: There are two comboboxes on the form listing forms(cmbformtodisk) and subjects (cmbsubjecttodisk). When the button is clicked the computer will look to import a filename determined by the comboboxes and term value on the form, and the filename becomes the table name, ensuring no one overwrites data, and it is all automated. This all works Private Sub cmdcopyfromdisk_Click() Dim filename As String Dim tablename As String tablename = filename filename = [Forms]![Reports...

workaround for non normalized table
I've inherited a database that relies heavily on a non normalized table. Until I can convince the general manager that I can normalize the data without losing any records, I've got to have a workaround for certain situations. Namely, I need to ensure that data is not being badly reproduced at various stages of our operations. I would therefore like to reference the information directly from the main table in order to populate certain information in related tables. In this case, the main table uses [Order Number] as its primary key, and ties it to a bunch of information like ...

Which tables do I need for this report?
I am trying to create a report which will show me which sales order line items will NOT be received in time for the Sales Orders Requested Ship Date (based on the Purchase order's Promised ship date that is assigned to that line item). WHICH tables will I need to work with and join together? We use GP v9.0. Thank you Pam Hi Pam. I am not sure if this applies to v.9 - but in v8 including Manufacturing: You can use MRPQUANTITY_I in the following tables: MRP_Days (MP010130) MRP_Weeks (MP010230) MRP_Months (MP010330) There is an explanation of what each value represents in KB872412 ...

record from table based on record from other table
I'm sure this isn't too hard but it's killing me! If a customer has a pricing level of 1, how do I call pricelevel1 from the products table? This should also be the case if the customer has a price level of 2, then pricelevel2 should be called and a price level of 3 should call pricelevel3. The resulting pricelevel is referred to as UnitPrice. eg UnitPrice:IIf((Customers.PriceLevel)=1, Products.PriceLevel1, IIf(Customers.PriceLevel)=2, Products.PriceLevel2,Products.PriceLevel3)). This is not working in a query. Thanks in advance I think it a metter of brackets, try: UnitPrice:...

Pivot Table and Formatting Subtotals Automatically
Hi, by arranging some data into the pivot table, my boss exactly gets what he wants; the only thing, he asked me to format the subtotals (like putting all in bold or color background of the cells), so 1) I can do it manually but then i have to redo it every time i refresh the table 2) I should be able to do it automatically and so that if I refresh the table, it's not necessary to refresh all the time And I'm looking after a number 2) solution. Thx for any help Dries. .. On the Pivot toolbar, choose PivotTable>Table Options. Add a check mark to 'Preserve formatting...

query with inline dummy table
Is there a way in Access to create a query that contains the table records within the query itself? I want to avoid creating a dummy table and just use values within the query definition. I was thinking about using syntax similar to the insert into statement I would use to populate the dummy table, but I'm not sure if I have a syntax problem or I'm trying to solve an impossible problem. The query I'm thinking of might look something like this: select * from values("test"); -or- select * from ( ("1/1/07","2/1/07","3/1/07","4/1/07&qu...

Where to run script to create database including tables and store procedures?
I downloaded SQL 2008 express and install database without management studiio. Where to run script to create database including tables and store procedures? -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server/201004/1 You can use the SQLCMD utility: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms180944.aspx -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com Read Aaron's article also http://sqlblog.com/blogs/aaron_bertrand/archive/2010/03/31/more-info-stand-alone-installer-for-management-studio-express-2008.aspx "aspfun via SQLMons...

In excel and a pivot table
Hi there, I'm learning to use pivot tables. How can I stop the table listing (blank) in certain cells? I want to keep the data it relates to but would rather see that cell empty Regards Mansel In step 3 of the pivot table wizard, you can click the Options button, and in this dialog there's a checkbox "For Empty Cells, show" and you can fill in something (or leave blank) HTH Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Mansel" wrote: > Hi there, I'm learning to use pivot tables. How can I stop the table listing > (blank) in certain cells? > > I want to keep the da...

Creating One Chart from two Pivot tables combining X axis
I am trying to build a chart to show the progress of # cumulative tasks planned by date versus # executed tasks by date. Source data looks like: Task Plan Dt Exec Dt A 08/12/2004 08/09/2004 B 08/12/2004 08/17/2004 C 08/14/2004 D 08/17/2004 E 08/17/2004 I want the X axis to start with the earliest plan or exec date and end with the latest plan or exec date. The first series should show the following points of cumulative planned tasks: 08/12 - 2 08/13 - 2 08/14 - 3 08/15 - 3 08/16 - 3 08/17 - 5 The second series should plot on the same X...

Date formats in forms and tables
Hello everybody, if anybody knows the answer to my problem in Access please share: I want to define a field in a table which contains only the month and year (something like MM/JJJJ) not the complete date (DD/MM/JJJJ). When I insert data into this field with a form, I want to take the values from a lookup list (eg. the list should contain: May 2007, June 2007, July 2007, etc.). The data should be formatted as a date (so I can work with it in expressions, sorting, etc) Please help! Thanks, Simona simona67_99 wrote: > Hello everybody, > > if anybody knows the answer to my proble...

creating a table automatically
hi this is my first post, i'm fairly new to excel & i was hoping someone could help me out. i'm doing some computer work for my uncle & as i was going through everything that needed doing & i came accross this excel problem. I'd already created the document which is an operational status report. when he asked me to set it up so that a section of the report would automatically appear on each new page of the document. he's given me a list of the cells he wants to appear automatically. the list is a box from the cell A8 down to the cell N17. within the box is at least...

new table from same data as report
Greetings, I hope this is the correct group, my question spans several topics. I have created a db from the Access 2000 time and billing wizard. Mostly it works ok. There are about a hundred peculiarities that I do not yet understand. But for now, this is the thing I have decided to work on. The db allows you to create an invoice from data that is displayed on a form from a form and some criteria info you provide. You click a command button and voila, a report with the same info. No real magic, but handy. What is missing from the template db is the real magic, a way to keep track...

image table/form
I am trying to create an image database in ms access ( so if I type into the form foot, a picture of a foot is displayed in a window). I have the table created, I need help linking the words to the images to the window. Signed please help sam Here is an example that works for me. A few words of explanation first - the image files are jpg, They are stored in a folder called "labels" and my control names may be different from yours. If you want user to type "foot" and see image of foot, then picture must be called "foot". First- in the afterupdate event of ...